After The Fall - Hype Thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy, look, I like to think we're friends. That night you got hopped up on goofballs, I rolled you on your stomach so you wouldn't choke on your own vomit. The day of your wedding, I gave your bride my mood ring so she'd have "something blue" (admittedly that only worked for a few seconds, but it's the thought that counts, right?). I remember our talks late at night, and those happy childhood memories of burying each other up to the neck in sand at the golf course down by the lake and then scaring the golfers. I remember the way you held my hand when I got scared that time we saw "Critters" at the midnight matinee. So, one friend to another, do you think you could maybe tell me when you expect the mod to be done?

[QUOTE=darthsiddus2;205293]anywho..... hows the mod coming along?[/QUOTE] Pretty good, as it's based off War's End, most of the tricky stuff is already done. At the moment I'm cutting pics onto Crychon, and also trying to balance the feds out for gameplay. Also added two new small feds - [B]Empire Pro Wrestling[/B], based in New York and run by 'Fat' Frank Iaedivia (of JAPW fame). It's essentially a hardcore fed, but toned down to satisfy the New York Athletic Commission, so more of a brawlers thing. The Blue Meanie, Otto Schwanz, The Island Boys, Supreme, Vic Grimes and Public Enemy are just a few who work there. And, based on dj_gir's sexy helpful post,[B] Championship Wrestling from Memphis[/B], which is pretty much your standard Memphis fed. Nothing fancy. Owned by Bert Prentice, booked by Jerry Jarrett, guys like Mabel (who works as Viscera in Legends of Wrestling), the Dundees, Kamala, Kid Kash, the Rock'N'Roll Express and of course, Jerry Lawler (who is also AWF's color commentator). I'll see how that play tests, but at the moment I think there's just enough feds.

Yay! You've got Otto Schwanz doing stuff! Bonus points to you, sir. Will TNA be represented in this game in any way, or does the revitalized NWA make it obsolete? I think that while it could add an interesting element to the game for another major promotion to debut in the US about nine months into the game, it would probably disrupt the balance of talent across the major promotions and might not really add anything that AWF or NWA wouldn't. Not sure if you feel otherwise or not. Have you put any thought into letting someone else have a go at the Japanese side of things? Even if it's just juggling around some champions and throwing in the odd turn or tag team here and there, I think those few people who do play the Japanese side would appreciate it. In fact, I'd be willing to do it myself if you're not. I'm not too terribly knowledgeable about the puro scene, but learning experiences are good and it wouldn't take me more than a day or two. :)

I've been working on the Japanese scene for about an hour and a half now. I can safely tell you guys that even this far from completion After The Fall is completely awesome and will be well worth the wait. Over in Japan, the relationship between AJPW and NJPW has gone from working agreement to all-out war. What could do this? AJPW offered its head booker position to a man who was supposed to be shared talent. I've got four words for you, boys and girls: Head Booker Kishin Liger. :D

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;205434]Oh my god! I have no idea who that is but it sounds wicked![/QUOTE] He's the evil side of Jushin Thunder Liger. He's only come out twice in the real world (once in 1996, in a match where The Great Muta ripped up his mask) and once in 2006 against BAD BOY Hido, who cut off some of Liger's hair. But in After The Fall, the Kishin Liger gimmick gets to be a little more permanent. If this analogy means anything to you, Kishin Liger is to Jushin Thunder Liger as The Great Muta is to Keiji Mutoh. Right down to the face paint and mist spitting.

A little bit of a preview of the Japanese side of things. Tonight: AJPW! The working agreement between AJPW and NJPW has come to a close, and the two companies are now at war. This all started when Motoko Baba decided to give the title of head booker to Jushin Thunder Lyger. Lyger, to avoid a conflict of interest, left NJPW and signed an exclusive deal with AJPW. As a response to some of the comments made about Lyger in the Japanese press by Keiji Mutoh, Lyger shocked the wrestling world by turning heel and taking on the Kishin Liger persona, turning a one-match gimmick from 1996 into a full-fledged persona. Shortly afterward, Kishin Liger won the vacant Junior Heavyweight title. The AJPW Unified World Tag Team Titles were vacated when Yoji Anjoh left his partner Genichiro Tenryu in the lurch by defecting to NJPW. This makes them the third team in the last two years to vacate the titles rather than losing them in a match, and some wonder at the possibility of a "Tag Title curse." FMW prematurely closed due to a bad business partnership with XPW, meaning that the match in which Hayabusa was crippled will not happen. Since FMW's closing he's worked a few dates for AJPW, and is being considered for an exclusive contract.

Okay, the stuff I worked on has been kicked back to Tomlin. There weren't too many changes to Japan, but the ones that were made should eventually end up leading the game to some pretty drastic changes on the Japanese scene compared to what we know in the real world. Also, assuming that Tomlin doesn't delete him, I can't wait until you guys see my user character. He is made of both win and awesome.

Archived