After The Fall - Hype Thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've started playtesting the game a little, and I've got to tell you guys that you're going to [i]despise[/i] Tomlin once the data is publicly available. He's managed to divide the big name North American talent so evenly that it's going to be painful having to pick just one promotion to play. And if that's not bad enough, there isn't a single National level promotion in the USA! That means that if you get into a bidding war with AAA over Eddie Guerrero, that means you've probably already lost him. If NJPW decides they want Chris Benoit, they stand a better chance of grabbing him than you. Working agreements are going to be a much, much bigger deal than you're probably used to, because the written contracts your company starts out with are only going to last so long. My only complaint thus far is a lack of New Promotions. Tommy, you mind if I start adding new feds to that file and send it over later?

I've been busy with my own forum lately but I decided to check on GDS even though I don't go on much I thought I'd take a look at the TEW 07 Mods section and when I read that post I was very surprised. Great idea! I love the Rebirth and Invasion scenario's and am still playing them but this one should be my favourite so far released for TEW 07. The Surprise that you gave us made me want to play this scenario even more! It looks like a very balanced and fun scenario and if released on 2004/2005 I'd be very excited to see what happens to which promotion and what workers jump, etc.

Might as well tell you guys which New Promotions are in the game, now. I've added ten extra. The ones that Tommy already had in were AWA, MLW, 3PW, and Turnbuckle Championship Wrestling. The ones I added were... American Lucha Florida (part American cruiser, part Lucha) California Wrestling League (wrestling for the irony crowd) Excitement Violence and Diversions (the anti-DaVE, with emphasis on comedy and "pure" wrestling) Extreme Championship Wrestling (all of the bloodshed of the original, with none of the soul or creativity) Freak Power Forever (wrestling, performance art, political protest and comedy act all rolled into one) New England Wrestling (focuses on The NEW Breed of wrestlers, who are the athletic and high flying types new to the wrestling scene) Ring Of Honor (you all know this one by now) Terrific Tag Teams (a Mid South promotion which only runs two on two tag team matches) Total Nonstop Action (another one you guys know by now) Wrestling For Shoes (a wrestling charity event run five months out of the year, focusing on a traditional and inoffensive product)

The front page of the thread is updated with the two new feds - Empire State Wrestling (formerly Empire Pro Wrestling, but changed due to it's similarity with FPW) and Revolution-X Pro Wrestling. Props to Ping Von Erich for coming up with the idea for RevX. That should be the last of the feds, as I don't want to crowd the data too much. As for progress - I'm about 80% through the number of Crychon pics I want completed before release. Not everybody has a Crychon pic, but chances are if they have a contract with a promotion, or are a 'name' free agent, they'll have one. I've also completed some custom belts for AWF, FPW, NWA and The Extreme, and hope to have some done for every new fed (or at least decent-looking placeholders). The data itself is coming along nicely. The bulk of the work has been done, it's just a matter of play-testing and getting the mix right. Having said that, it's still a few weeks away from being release-worthy.

Archived