After The Fall - Hype Thread

Hi. Just thought I'd take a moment to hype my new mod in the works. It's based off the War's End mod (so I better get permission from that dick Tommy before I release it) but is a tiny bit less realistic. [CENTER] [IMG]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/885/thefalltb2.jpg[/IMG]. [/CENTER] [B][CENTER]World's Least Interesting Logo [/CENTER][/B] You see, [B]The Fall[/B] is set in 2001. But it's not set in the 2001 we lived through. It's set in a 2001 where, during the WWF purchase of WCW, something was discovered. Collusion between Vince McMahon and Turner executive Jamie Kellner to intentionally lower the purchase price of WCW before the sale to the WWF. In March 2001, The U.S Securities and Exchange Commission were tipped off to this shady deal, and immediately launched an investigation. The result? A fine in the hundreds of millions to the WWF. As a public traded company, stockholders deserted the WWF, leaving the McMahon family with a humbled empire overnight. Disgraced, distraught and heartbroken, with a roster of wrestlers angry at Vince's mismanagement, the WWF was shut down. The McMahons went into isolation (all but one), and in the months that followed, the wrestling industry suffered a [B]Fall [/B]never seen before. It is now October 2001. Across the United States, promotions have shut down left, right and centre. Without the support of the [B]WWF, OVW, HWA [/B]and [B]MCW [/B]close shop. After the loss of millions of casual fans, promotions such as [B]JAPW, APW[/B] and [B]UPW [/B]can't support themselves. And other promotions, like [B]XPW [/B]and [B]CZW[/B], were forced to close down too. Some owners say they'll be back when the industry bounces back. Others aren't so optimistic. Up north in Canada, however, there is a resurgence of sorts. The Hart Family take over [B][COLOR="Navy"]Stampede Wrestling[/COLOR][/B], with Bret and Bruce holding the reigns. Looking for steady employment, Canadian talent such as Christian, Test and even Roddy Piper head back home, signing with Stampede. And Scott D'Amore's [B]Border City Wrestling[/B] is still kicking, albeit with some bigger competition. [IMG]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4636/stampedesp5.jpg[/IMG] Down south, the Mexican scene is un-fazed by The Fall, and the return of Konnan to [B]AAA [/B]gives the industry a shot in the arm. Overseas, [B]NJPW[/B], [B]AJPW [/B][B]and NOAH [/B]are still going strong, and welcome U.S wrestlers looking for part time work, such as Chris Benoit. But not all is bad state-side. ECWA rebrands itself as[B] [COLOR="Navy"]Pro-Wrestling Reborn[/COLOR][/B], and signs the cream of the independent scene, such as Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe and American Dragon. They even sign some big names like Jerry Lynn, and RVD and Rey Mysterio sign non-exclusive contracts while they consider their future. Oh, Mick Foley's in for the ride too. [IMG]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8955/pwrmd9.jpg[/IMG] Former CZW owner John Zandig hooks up with ECW alumni Tommy Dreamer to form [B][COLOR="Navy"]The Extreme[/COLOR][/B], a promotion targeting hardcore fans. No 'association', no 'federation', no 'alliance', just The Extreme. Names such as The Sandman, Sabu, Vampiro and The Dudleys sign-up, creating a kind of extreme-dream promotion. [IMG]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6371/textxd2.jpg[/IMG] But that's just the tip of the iceberg. The Chinese word for 'crisis' is composed of two parts - 'disaster' and 'opportunity'. I don't speak Chinese, but I'm going to pretend it's the same deal for 'Fall'. Because when some people saw an industry at its most disastrous point, others saw the opportunity to re-shape the business in their image. And so, [B]The New Big Three[/B] were born. [B][U]THE BIG THREE....[/U][/B] Or in the [B][COLOR="Navy"]National Wrestling Alliance's[/COLOR][/B] case, reborn. The name of the game after The Fall, the only way for independent promotions to survive, was to consolidate. The NWA was no exception. Rather than spreading out its resources across a failing affiliate system, the Board of Directors decided to take a calculated risk. And so, they called in a few friends. [B]Ric Flair[/B] and [B]Dusty Rhodes[/B], the new owners of the re-formed NWA. While it is most definitely the 'third' of the Big Three, the NWA has an impressive array of both young and old talent. [IMG]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4661/nwaem0.jpg[/IMG] Flair's old friend Sting was in for the ride, Ricky Steamboat signed on as a road agent, and Dusty even convinced The Road Warriors to reform part-time. Along with other names like Raven (who turned down an offer from The Extreme), Jeff Jarrett, DDP and Ron Simmons, the NWA is the most prestigious promotion in America, but not the most popular... For while the NWA has a solid base of wrestling fans, millions of casual fans were without their weekly wrestling fix. Realising this gap, the old McMahon enemy and astute businessman [B]Eric Bischoff[/B] was the first to announce his plans. In conjunction with his old friend [B]Hulk Hogan[/B], he revealed the formation of the [B][COLOR="Navy"]American Wrestling Federation[/COLOR][/B], the most financially secure of the Big Three. [IMG]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7528/awfvx0.jpg[/IMG] Based in Hollywood, California, the AWF shocked the world with their first signing.... The Rock. Soon, names like Chris Jericho, Edge and Kane would follow, positioning the AWF as perhaps the #1 promotion out of the new Big Three. For good reason, this next promotion was the last of the new Big Three to be created. Not wanting Eric Bischoff to have a stranglehold on the industry, three former WWF-loyalists - [B]Steve Austin, The Undertaker [/B]and [B]Shawn Michaels[/B] formed [B][COLOR="Navy"]Fusion Pro Wrestling[/COLOR][/B], based in their home-state of Texas. But they realised they couldn't do it alone. They needed someone with the necessary experience and connections. They needed someone other workers could trust. They needed a McMahon. Desperate to restore his family's name, [B]Shane McMahon[/B] returned to the industry, alienating himself from his family. [IMG]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7051/fpw2pc9.jpg[/IMG] While many workers flat-out refused to sign for a federation owned by another McMahon, many WWF loyalists signed up. Bradshaw, Steven Regal, X-Pac and Too Cool were some of the first to sign. Pat Patterson and Earl Hebner stayed too. And a man named [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] also signed on the dotted line, giving FPW a huge shot in the arm. The new Big Three were finalised. And they needed talent. So, the AWF created a developmental promotion, run by Harley Race and Dutch Mantell, called [B]Golden State Wrestling[/B]. [IMG]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2248/gsweu1.jpg[/IMG] FPW followed suit, bringing Danny Davis, HBK's old friend Rudy Boy Gonzalez and the legendary Bill Watts to run [B]Lone Star Wrestling[/B]. [IMG]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4676/lswve3.jpg[/IMG] But while the NWA, AWF and FPW all boast impressive rosters, there are still plenty of fish in the sea... [B][U]THE TOURING PROMOTIONS....[/U][/B] Plenty of female fish too. And old fish! And those fish need to eat! So who will provide them with some gooey plankton? (i don't think fish eat plankton) [B]Jimmy Hart[/B] and [B]Disco Inferno [/B]will, that's who! It's America's newest family-friendly, old school touring promotion - the [B][COLOR="Navy"]Legends of Wrestling[/COLOR][/B]! [IMG]http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1363/lowgd0.jpg[/IMG][SIZE="1"] (If you're wondering why this logo looks exactly like the video game logo of the same name, that's just a crazy coincidence)[/SIZE] The dark days of The Fall created a sense of nostalgia for the golden ages of professional wrestling, the 1980's and 1990's. People didn't want to think about the future, they wanted the warm fuzzy feelings of the past. They wanted the [B]Macho Man Randy Savage, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, The Big Boss Man, Lex Luger[/B] and [B][I]Glacier[/I][/B]! Ok, maybe not Glacier, but they've got him anyway. And sure, while LoW might offer [B]Elizabeth [/B]and [B]Sensational Sherri[/B], there is still a severe lack of female wrestling after The Fall. With every promotion trying to solidify its main event, mid-carders and juniors, the Women's Divisions have fallen by the wayside. In fact, they're completely non-existant. Fed up with the lack of work, former WWF diva [B]Lisa Moretti [/B](Ivory) creates [B][COLOR="Navy"]The New Women Of Wrestling[/COLOR][/B], a female touring promotion. And who better to book a fed half-comprised of big-breasted divas than our main main [B]Vince Russo[/B]! [IMG]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4481/nwowdu3.jpg[/IMG] With legitimate stars like Chyna, Trish Stratus, Molly Holly and Madusa, the best of the next generation of female workers such as Victoria, Alexis Lareee and Precious Lucy, plus a giant Asian chick like Aja Kong, N-WOW may end up being the most successful female federation ever. And who here hasn't wanted to book Chyna vs Asya? Of course, with so much free talent, there's got to be some more feds. [B][U]AND SOME EXTRA INDIES TOO[/U][/B] On the East Coast, JAPW owner 'Fat' Frank Iadevaia promotes[B][COLOR="Navy"] Empire State Wresting[/COLOR][/B], a brawling-orientated promotion in New York. Due to the constraints of the New York Athletic Commission, ESW promotes a toned-down hardcore product compared to feds such as The Extreme. Features cult figures like The Public Enemy, 911 and King Kong Bundy, along with young talent like The Island Boys, Ron Waterman and Otto Schwanz. [IMG]http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/4809/eswpm0.jpg[/IMG] And, over on the West Coast, two pre-Fall feds have reformed as one. American Wild Child from Revolution Pro Wrestling and Kevin Kleinrock from Xtreme Pro Wrestling form [COLOR="Navy"][B]Revolution-X Pro Wrestling[/B][/COLOR]. If there is one word to describe RevX, it's 'diverse'. It's half high-flying, lucha inspired SoCal action with names like Super Dragon, Disco Machine, and Super Crazy, half 'extreme' with The Supreme, Angel The Hardcore Homo and everyone's favourite tag team, John Kronus and Johnny Webb - The Clones. [IMG]http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/1625/revxtf8.jpg[/IMG] [U][B]THE SURPRISE....[/B][/U] Notice how the logo says '[I]After [/I]The Fall', yet I've only been talking about 'The Fall'? And remember how my War's End mod came in two different versions? And did you guys ever watch Alias Season 3, where it jumped forward a few years? I loved Alias. Top show. And I also love gimmicks. So that's why, a few months after the release of '[B]The Fall'[/B], I will release '[B]After The Fall[/B]', the same scenario, yet set three years in the future in 2004/2005. The future, Conan? Yes. Complete with updated worker stats to reflect the jump, updated bios, title histories and a whole bunch of new workers that debuted in 'real life' during that time. Guys like Cena, Batista, Samoa Joe and Orton won't be stuck as enhancement talents or in developmental feds, they'll be genuine players. And that's not all.[B] After The Fall[/B] will be (kind of) TEW's first interactive scenario. How it is constructed, which promotions are dominant, which promotions are closed, which are opened, will all come from the community. From the dynasties, from polls I make, from feedback after the release, from comments I get in PM. If AWF is everyone's favourite fed, it will be #1 in [B]After The Fall[/B]. If I read someone has formed a wicked new stable in FPW with Goldberg, Tazz and Al Snow, they might be included in [B]After The Fall[/B]. They might have even won the tag team titles during the three-year gap too. I'm a pretty creative guy, but I'm not that creative. I know that in [B]After The Fall[/B], some promotions will be National, International, maybe even Global. But it's up to you guys to tell me who it should be. And if a majority of you find a particular promotion to be no fun, I'll replace it. It's all part of the Tommy [I]guarantee[/I]. So yes, that's the surprise. Boo. [B][COLOR="Navy"]Sometime Soon[/COLOR] [/B]- The Fall is Released...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This does sound interesting... Just unrealistic that Canada (is that a real country?) can come up with something.... ((JUST KIDDING!!)) Sorry, was thinking of that dang song from south park. It really does sound interesting. What I like ( I think ) most is the amount of worker's that will be available for whatever you decide to play as... A Promotion in the game or one you make up for the game. Sounds as though alot of options for players will be available at the start of the game, which sounds really fun.

The reason I think this is going to be great and can't wait to play is I think what you're doing is going to run within the TEW game system much better. With all different regions having some good feds and not having WWE snapping up all talent it should make for a very open, creative game. It will be interesting to hear about some of the sims when you start running them I can see the scenario taking a very different path every time.

Sounds awesome, I want more details! :p I'm really not sure which McMahon will be sticking around. I mean Shane is the younger, more energetic version of Vince and thus has the creativity and ruthlessness to succeed. Linda would be the "surprise" option, being the least cut-throat of the McMahons and also the most level headed. And then there's Steph, she has Triple H by her side, and no doubt he'd be after a promotion that he could not only be the figure head of, but also have some sway in. So yeah, other than Vince, I can see it being any of them. I kind of hope it's Steph and Triple H becoming the new Linda and Vince. Whatever happens, I'm definitely looking forward to this.

This is just sounding bigger and better. The New Big Three all sound very well balanced, and I can see each appealing to different peoples' playing styles in different ways. Raven in the NWA is kind of a shock. His character would make more sense in The Extreme or maybe FPW, but as a wrestler he seems like he belongs more in the NWA. Really cool choice. Given that DadDust is one of the NWA owners, I'll naturally assume that he's giving his son a huge push as he always has in the past. But is he Dustin or Goldust? Bill Goldberg in FPW is a great idea. In 2001, it's still early enough that a Goldberg/Austin match could take place and mean something, and Goldberg/Undertaker, Goldberg/Michaels, and even Goldberg/McMahon could be some really interesting feuds. Edge in the AWF makes sense, because he's exactly what Bischoff seems to like in the new generation of wrestlers: he's good looking and talented, but still green enough that he can be molded. Jericho I'm honestly not too sure about, because from what I've heard him say about his time in WCW I'm not so sure he'd be willing to work in another Bischoff-run promotion. Glen Jacobs is a good choice. Going to another promotion is about the only way he could get out from underneath the Undertaker. Given that you named him "Kane" and Mark Calloway "Undertaker," is it safe to assume that the WWF had a fire sale on wrestler trademarks? Selling gimmicks to the wrestlers who performed them could have been the only way the McMahon family was able to cover court costs.

Yep, with no WWF, the gimmicks are free to roam free. I dig the fire sale idea. Jericho, like The Rock and Ron Killings (who wasn't mentioned in the list), joined AWF for the simple reason that it's based in Hollywood, and that means a career in music and movies. Even Y2J can put his dislike for Bischoff behind ROCK~! As for Dustin Rhodes, I think it's common sense where Goldust ends up, and it's not the NWA :D

[QUOTE=CarlitoCoool;203098]The reason I think this is going to be great and can't wait to play is I think what you're doing is going to run within the TEW game system much better. With all different regions having some good feds and not having WWE snapping up all talent it should make for a very open, creative game. It will be interesting to hear about some of the sims when you start running them I can see the scenario taking a very different path every time.[/QUOTE] I agree, the way TEW works mechanically, this mod will work amazingly.. a lot like the C-Verse does. And I think that'll be the appeal, a "C-Verse" sort of made up world, but with that name recognition of all the real world stars. This could easily turn into TEW's "NWA Domination" scenerio in terms of popularity and legend. WOO! <------ excited.

Archived