YEAH! Thanks Tommy!! I don't get into many diary's, mainly because I hate the "Quiet Times"... I get into it, and then all the sudden they stop, lol. I just need something every other day, or at least three times a week. It doesn't have to be much either, just something to say "Hey everyone, I'm still doing this!" Not to mention, you got me really into it, and that's not that easy really.. I really can't wait till I see something new here.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, I'm always working a little on the diary, it's just my shows (especially RAWs) take a lot longer to write than a standard diary, which is why 'big' shows like this upcoming RAW will be split in two. Not nearly as long as the first RAW, but a bit longer than Smackdown!, so to make it easier to read I'll be breaking it up. And, as luck would have it, I just finished Part 1. Just have to format it, and it will be up in 10 minutes or so.

[CENTER] [IMG]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9569/rawlogovu5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="3"][B]WWF RAW - March 25th, 2002 - 'Lockdown.' [/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [B]Live from State College, Pennsylvania[/B] RAW opens with the usual fireworks and hype, as JR and The King welcome us to the telecast. Tonight - Kane has challenged The Big Show, Stone Cold has challenged anybody, The Rock is in the house and Triple H is in hospital! Oh, and chicks are gunna fight! But, like most RAWs, we begin with a promo from the boss! [quote][CENTER] [IMG]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6161/vincemcmahonip9.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [Vince McMahon hits the ring to loud boos, accompanied by Kurt Angle and The APA, his personal security phalanx.] Vince: [B]Shut UP![/B] [The crowd boo louder.] Vince: You should be grateful there's even a show tonight, after what happened last week! But I'm not going to give you the satisfaction, and I'm definitely not going to give Ric Flair and WCW the satisfaction. Because Vince McMahon doesn't negotiate with [I]terrorists[/I]. Vince McMahon takes [B]ACTION[/B]. He has something [B]NONE [/B]of you have, and that is a fighting spirit. So there [B]WILL [/B]be a show tonight. And Thursday night. And next week. And a Pay-Per-View. No matter what 'The Big Boys' do, Vince McMahon and the WWF will not die. [Vince pauses for the cheers of the crowd, of which there are none. Unfazed, he continues.] Vince: But, I'm not stupid. I know the WCW attacks will keep coming, I said it on Smackdown, and an hour later Triple H was brutalised in a car park. So that's why, beggining tonight, I'm taking [B]control [/B]of this company. Last Thursday, I made some phone calls. I called some old friends, some men that I could count on. And who knows, some of them might be here tonight. And I also made another set of phone calls, to the members of the WWF board, asking them to [B]remove [/B]Mick Foley as the WWF Commissioner. [The crowd boo] JR: What? Mick Foley's in a damn hospital bed! Lawler: JR, he sold us out! He let Flair and his guys into the building! JR: He didn't know what would happen! It wasn't his fault! He loves this company! Vince: But, I was told that would have to wait. The role of Commissioner.... overlaps with the role of the Chairman. I can't fire Mick Foley. And, sadly, until he's gone, I can't reverse his decisions. That means... That means the so-called 'Green Card' is still active. Ric Flair and his men [B]can [/B]show up tonight. [The crowd cheer, as Vince shakes his head.] Vince: But that doesn't mean they're going to be let in. There are seven entrances to this building. I've managed to shut down all but three. And positioned at every entrance... Well, take a look for yourself. [Vince directs our attention to the TitanTron, where we see a three-way split screen of the entrances, with dozens of WWF superstars standing guard at each.] Vince: Ric Flair, feel free to hang out in the car park. Maybe eat some corn bread, and some biscuits and gravy, you know, WCW redneck food. But there is a an invisible line around this building. If you cross it, you pay the price. You said last week that a War was coming. Well, it's [I]not going to be coming very far[/I]. And that, my friend, is a guaran-damn-[B]TEE[/B]. [Vince drops the mic, and leaves the ring.] JR: King, Mr. McMahon has just laid down the law! King: Hail to the chief! [/quote] [b]Trish Stratus/Lita/Ivory vs Mighty Molly/Torrie Wilson/Stacy Kiebler[/b] [quote] [CENTER] [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2007/stacytrishvq6.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [/CENTER] RAW's first match of the evening saw brand-new WWF signees, and former Alliance divas Torrie and Stacy team up with Mighty Molly to take on Trish, Lita and Ivory, in a six-woman tag. Women's Champion Trish gave Stacy a wrestling lesson in the opening minutes, forcing her to tag to the more experienced Molly. Molly, who had joined the WWF along with The Hurricane on Smackdown!, evened the contest, and joined Torrie in double-teaming Trish. She couldn't out-wrestle three opponents, however, and Molly was soon forced to tag to Torrie for good. This led to the end of the match, with Lita finishing Torrie off with a DDT to get the victory at [B]6:03[/B], while Ivory held off the former Alliance divas. [/quote] Backstage, we see [B]The Rock[/B] pulling up in a hired Cadillac. He grabs his bag and walks through the car-park to the entrance, where he is stopped by [B]The Hurricane[/B] and [B]Perry Saturn[/B]. In the background, Kaientai, The Brookyln Brawler, The Hardyz, D'Lo Brown and X-Pac keep watch. [quote] [CENTER] [IMG]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7610/therocket0.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Hurricane: Freeze, citizen! Mr. McMahon has ordered us to let none pass! Rock: Nice cape. [The Rock takes a step forward, but Hurricane blocks his path with an extended forearm. The crowd pop, and The Rock takes off his sunglasses.] Rock: Excuse The Rock? Saturn: He's right Rock, we can't let anybody in. If we let you in, we've gotta let the next guy in, and the next guy. Then it's anarchy. Or something. [The Rock gives a bemused smile.] Rock: So wait, The Rock gets his ass-kicked by Hall and Nash last week, The Rock fights DDP on his show Smackdown!, and you're doubting the Rock's loyalty? You think I'm WCW? Did you [B][I]SEE [/I][/B]RAW last Monday? [Saturn thinks for a moment.] Saturn: Nope. Rock: ... You didn't see RAW? Saturn: Nope. Rock: What about Smackdown? Saturn: I don't think so. Rock: So do you know why you're guarding this entrance? Saturn: Funaki told me to. Rock: .... Funaki told you to. Ok. Perry, I know you're a little messed in the head, but let me make this perfectly clear. The Rock is going to take two steps forward. Then he's going to walk to his locker room, have a nice long shower and enjoy the privacy, if you smell what The Rock is cooking. And then, The Rock is going to lay the [B]Smackdown [/B]on whoever is unlucky enough to be his opponent tonight. Ok? [Saturn nods. The Rock stares down The Hurricane, who drops his forearm, allowing The Rock to take his two steps and walk past the guards. He turns back, shakes his head and continues walking. The camera pulls back to Saturn, who turns to The Hurricane.] Saturn: Who was [I]that[/I]? [/quote] [b]European Title Match - Val Venis (c) vs Albert[/b] [quote] [CENTER][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9618/venisalbertrg8.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] The new European Champion proved himself a fighting champ, taking on former Intercontinental Champion Albert in his first television defense. The big man dominated the first few minutes of the match, but Val proved himself too tenacious. At the six-minute mark, Val slid out of a Powerbomb attempt, backed Albert into the turnbuckle and rolled him up with a schoolboy for two. An angry Albert fired back immediately, but missed a big boot and was hooked with a Perfect-Plex by Val in an amazing show of strength for the pinfall! Post-match, Val celebrated his win, while an angry Albert complained to the referee. [/quote] Backstage, [B]Steve Austin[/B] is seen arriving at the arena, and the crowd explode in cheers. He grabs a gym bag, and walks towards the second arena entrance, a different one than The Rock arrived at. Guarding this entrance are [B]The Hollys, The Godfather, Billy Gunn and Rikishi.[/B] None of them look happy to see Austin. When he sees Austin, Hardcore Holly takes a step forward. [quote] [CENTER] [IMG]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4856/steveaustinxj1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Austin: Hold up, hot shot. I just wanna get inside. Holly: You've got some nerve. Austin: Son, I've already knocked back five Steveweisers. I'm running on a lot more than nerve. Crash: Yeah! You think you can come back to the company, after what you did? After you betrayed us? [Austin smiles, and nods.] Austin: You mean how I stabbed Vince McMahon in the back and joined The Alliance? How I kicked the ass of the WWF for a few months? Crash: Yeah! Austin: You want me to apologise? Crash: Yeah! Austin: You want me to beg your forgiveness? Crash: Yeah! Austin: You want me to atone for my sins? Crash: Yeah! Austin: [B]NUH-UH![/B] The fact of the matter is, we were all played. I was played, you were played, even that fat son of a bitch who ran me over [pointing at Rikishi] was played. You got a problem with how I acted the past few months, you join the queue. But if you ain't gunna let me pass, you better have more back-up than a stock-car racer, a pimp, Mr. Ass and the International House Of Pancakes, because Stone Cold's gotta go to work, and that's the bottom line! [Crash puffs his cheeks, like he's just about to say something, but has second thoughts. He takes a step to the side, allowing Austin to pass. Austin gives a wry smile, and walks off.] Austin: *****. JR: King! Stone Cold's in the house, The Rock is in the house, but where are 'The Big Boys'? Lawler: I'll tell you where they are, JR! They're running scared! Vince McMahon has scared them off! JR: Well King, we'll see about that! [/quote] RAW takes a commercial break, and returns backstage, where we once again see [B]Stone Cold[/B]. This time he is in his dressing room, unpacking a gym bag. A few seconds later, [B]Kurt Angle[/B] enters the room. Austin sees him, and pulls back his fist, ready to fight. Angle almost jumps back in fright. [quote] [CENTER][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/147/kurtanglelo4.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] Angle: Woah! Hold your fire, bucko! [Austin sneers at Angle.] Austin: What the hell do you want, you babyfaced bastard? Angle: Mr. McMahon sent me. Austin: And what does he want? Angle: He wants me to tell you that just because Mick Foley re-signed your drunk ass, you still work for Vince. Austin: He said that? He said [I]'drunk ass[/I]'? Angle: Well... No, I ad-libbed that bit. Austin: So you think I'm an alcoholic? Angle: Steve, I can see three empty cans inside your bag. [Austin looks back at the bag, and smiles.] Austin: Point taken, move along. Angle: He wants you to know that he's putting you in a match next. [The crowd cheer, and Austin smiles.] Angle: Against [B]The APA.[/B] [Austin's smile fades, and the crowd 'Ooooo'] Angle: So Steve, if I was you, I'd drink a few more. [Angle laughs at his witty retort, and turns to leave. Just as he's in the doorway, he's knocked in the back of the head with three flying empty cans.] Angle: [B]HEY[/B]! Austin: [off-screen] Sorry about that. JR: You hear that King, Stone Cold versus both members of the APA! Lawler: JR, Stone Cold's new WWF career might be very short! [/quote] A video plays, re-capping the events of Smackdown!, specifically The Rock vs DDP and Triple H's assault. After it's finished, the APA's theme music play, and the WWF's hired guns make their way to the ring. A few moments later, the glass breaks and Stone Cold hits the ring to a huge ovation. [b]Handicap Match - 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin vs Bradshaw and Farooq[/b] [quote] [CENTER] [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/58/austinapafe1.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] Unlike a typical Stone Cold match, this began with Austin on the receiving end of an ass-kicking. Although he didn't back down from The APA, Austin soon found himself overwhelmed by the odds. When referee Mike Chioda finally sent Farooq back to his corner, Bradshaw continued the assault. A tag to Farooq, and it continued for a few more minutes, with a close two-count following a powerslam. It was only when Austin reversed a Dominator attempt that he got back in the match. It was short-lived however, as Bradshaw intervened to tilt the match back in the favour of The Acolytes. [/quote] We join the match in progress.... [quote] JR: And Bradshaw, stomping a proverbial mudhole in the king of mudhole stomping, Stone Cold... King: As good as Austin is, he just can't take both of these guys on! [Bradshaw lifts Austin from the ground, whips him into the ropes and attempts a Clothesline From Hell, only for Austin to duck and return with a [B]THESZ PRESS![/B] Austin pounds on Bradshaw with rights, as the crowd whip themselves into a frenzy. A back section of the crowd particularly seem to be enjoying themselves, as they are going bonkers. Just not for Stone Cold.] JR: And Austin is beating the holy hell out of Bradshaw! King: JR, why do I always have to point this out? Look at the crowd! [The back section of the crowd part, and the camera gets a tighter shot. And there they are. But not who you think...] [/quote] [CENTER][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/394/allianceta7.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] [quote] JR: King, it's not WCW! It's... [b]The Alliance![/b] King: How did they get in?! [William Regal, Hugh Morrus, Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire head to the ring, as we cut to the TitanTron... [B]Entrance #1[/B] is peaceful, with Edge, Scotty 2 Hotty, Sgt. Slaughter, Bill Buchanan, Spike Dudley, Al Snow and Maven standing guard. [B]Entrance #2[/B] is also peaceful, with The Hurricane, Kaientai, Saturn and the Hardyz in shot. [B]Entrance #3[/B] is...... not so much. The Hollys are lying unconscious on the ground, Billy Gunn is slumped over next to a car, and Rikishi and The Godfather are brawling with [B]Mark Jindrak, Chris Kanyon[/B] and [B]Shawn Stasiak[/B]! ] JR: The Alliance have broken through the third entrance! And now half of them are headed this way! [On the outside, Farooq sees the Alliance members, and climbs in the ring. Mike Chioda tries to stop him, but is pushed to the ground and immediately calls for the DQ, giving Stone Cold the win at [B]8:23![/B] Austin watches as Farooq walks past him, and stops beating on Bradshaw. The Alliance members have reached the barricade, and swamp Farooq immediately.] JR: They're beating the holy hell out of Farooq! And Stone Cold's just watching! [Austin shrugs his shoulders, walks back and sits on the turnbuckle post. When Bradshaw gets to his feet, Austin points behind him. Bradshaw sees the brawl, and rushes to help his comrade.] King: Why isn't he helping?! JR: King, you heard them last week - The Alliance are only after Vince McMahon! King: So Austin's just going to LET them?! [/quote] Soon, Bradshaw too is overwhelmed by The Alliance's numbers, and the four former Stone Cold stablemates hit the ring. [B]William Regal[/B] has a mic. [quote] [Regal glares at Austin.] Regal: What do you want? [Austin smiles, and calls for a microphone of his own.] Austin: I'm enjoying the show. You guys want Vince, right? That's why you took out The APA and not me? Regal: You're bloody right we want McMahon, and if you had a damn sight of respect, you'd want him too! Austin: I don't think you get it, so let me make it clear. I didn't join The Alliance to destroy the WWF. I like the WWF. I like the guys in it, I even like some of the fans. But I don't like Vince McMahon. Me and him don't see eye to eye. I'm a beer-drinking, ass-kicking redneck, and he's an *******. But that's done. I'm over it, because last week, I didn't get Speared by Vince McMahon. I got Speared by Goldberg. So if you're looking to kick his ass, sign me up. But if you guys just want Vince, well... Stone Cold's got bigger deer to hunt. [Austin drops the mic, and exits the ring.] Regal: Well, regardless - Vince McMahon, be a man get your arse to the ring for the beating you deserve! The toerags in the WWF might be happy to let it pass, but you owe us more than an apology! [No response. Austin is halfway up the ramp.] Regal: MCMAHON!! [Austin has reached the top of the ramp.] Regal: [B]WE WILL NOT BE IGNORED!![/B] [Austin has just reached the backstage curtain, when [B]he is launched backwards and crashes back onto the entrance ramp![/B]] JR: What the hell?! [A few seconds later, [B]Ric Flair, Scott Steiner [/B]and [B]The Outsiders[/B] [B]WALK OUT AFTER HIM!![/B]] [/quote] [CENTER] [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5250/bigboysno4.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] [quote] JR: [B]KING! THEY'RE HERE!![/B] Lawler: [B]AAH!![/B] [Flair points at Austin, and Steiner and Nash lift him from the steel ramp and drag him down the aisle.] Regal: We didn't ask for you Flair! [Flair gives the signal, and Austin is whipped into the steel ring steps by Steiner and Nash. Nash then lifts Austin, and slams his throat onto the barricade. He's out cold.] JR: Damn it! For the second week in a row, Ric Flair's men have taken out Stone Cold! King: And look, The Alliance are [I]smiling[/I]!! [King is right - Regal, Morrus, Palumbo and O'Haire are smiling at the arrival of Flair and co.] JR: Is this part of Flair's plan? The Alliance clear the path for the 'Big Boys' to enter?! [Flair picks up the mic that Austin dropped.] Flair: Well, well, well... [The crowd ROCK in a HUGE mixed reaction.] Flair: Here we are again. And Steven, Bill, Chuck, Sean, brilliant work. Really good stuff guys. It was so kind of you to let us in, and like I said, you'll get McMahon. ` [Flair smiles for a moment, only for the smile to vanish a second later.] Flair: Actually, now I think about it... No, you won't. Boys? [Without hesitation, Steiner, Hall and Nash charge at The Alliance, and in a few moments, the original WCW invaders have been brutalised. An Outsider's Edge to Palumbo and a Jacknife to O'Haire, and soon all four Alliance members are either unconscious or thrown out of the ring. Flair points at them as he speaks.] Flair: [B]YOU THINK YOU ARE WCW?![/B] You don't even [B]CALL [/B]yourselves WCW! How many World Titles have you won, Regal? How about you, Morrus? Was I not [B]WATCHING [/B]when Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire headlined Starrcade and sold out the Georgia Dome?! No wonder you got your asses kicked by the WWF! [The crowd cheer] Flair: WCW is not Hugh Morrus! WCW is Ric Flair! WCW is Scott Steiner! WCW is Sting! [B]WHOO[/B]! The [B][I]REAL [/I][/B]WCW isn't 'The Alliance', the [B]REAL [/B]WCW is standing right here in this ring! [The crowd cheer again.] Flair: And WCW will never die! No matter what you try to do McMahon, WCW will keep coming, jack! You can barricade the arena, you can lock down the ring, you can bring all the kids you want, but The Big Boys are in town, and we really want to play! [B]WHOO[/B]! [Flair drops the microphone, and leads his men out of the ring and into the crowd. When they're gone, the camera focuses on Stone Cold, who is just getting to his feet. Holding his head, his eyes shoot pure hate at the escaped 'Big Boys'.] JR: Ric Flair and WCW just sent a message to The Alliance and to Vince McMahon, but they've also pissed off The Rattlesnake!! King: Did WCW just kill WCW? [/quote] After a hasty commercial break, RAW returns to the sight of an angry Vince McMahon, trashing his office desk and screaming at Kurt Angle. [quote][CENTER] [IMG]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6161/vincemcmahonip9.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Vince: HOW DID THEY GET IN!? Angle: There were too many of them boss! Vince: TOO MANY?! There were more WWF guys than Alliance guys! Angle: Well... they had the element of surprise! And they were warm! Do you know how cold it is out there, Mr. McMahon? Vince: DAMN IT KURT! Flair had three guys with him! There's no telling how many more got in! They could be ANYWHERE! Angle: Vince, I'm sure they couldn't be anywhere, there's plenty of WWF guys guarding the inside of the arena. I saw to it myself. Vince: Oh, Kurt, thank god. Angle: Yep, I've got Patterson and Brisco guarding catering, Blackjack Lanza and Michael Hayes guarding the locker rooms and The Pritchards guarding the production truck. It's completely under control. It's true. Vince: Blackjack Lanza... Kurt. Angle: Yes? Vince: .... Remind me to fire you. Angle: Yes, sir. [Suddenly, the door to Vince's office opens. Kurt and Vince turn around quickly, preparing for an invader. Instead, they see [B]The Big Boss Man[/B], looking a little confused.] Vince: Oh thank god. Boss Man, have you seen Fla- [Before Vince can finish his question, Boss Man collapses at his feet. Angle and Vince look down at Boss Man, and then up. And then... up some more. At the 7 foot, 450 pound [B][SIZE="3"]Big Show[/SIZE][/B]. The crowd rock in heat.] [/quote][CENTER] [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3835/bigshowkp8.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [/CENTER] [quote] JR: That damn traitor is in McMahon's office! Show: Hey Vince. [Vince gulps, and Angle takes a step in front of him.] Show: Don't play hero Kurt, I'm not here to hurt anybody. But for the record, if I was, I don't think it would matter who was standing infront of who. I'm here with a message. Vince: Show, whatever Flair's offering you, I can double it. I need you back. Show: This isn't about money, Vince. This is about how I was treated. In WCW, I was The Giant. I was a World Champion within five months. I was treated with respect. I come to the WWF, and you want to give me a '[I]personality[/I]'. You want me to go out there and do [B]IMPRESSIONS[/B]. Vince, I'm a [B]7[/B] foot tall, [B]450 [/B]pound, fire-breathing [B]GIANT[/B]. So when Ric Flair offered me a chance to become The Giant one more time, I took it. I took out The Undertaker, I took out The Rock and tonight, I'm taking out Kane. [Show leans forward, until his giant face is within inches of McMahon.] Show: And then, I'm coming for you. [Show glares at Vince and Angle, and leaves the office. Neither man moves, or takes a breath, until the door shuts.] JR: I think The Big Sh-... [B]The GIANT[/B] just accepted Kane's challenge! [/quote] [B]In Part 2 [/B]- The Giant vs The Monster, The Rock speaks, and a surprise return... [I]but on which side?[/I]

First, just let me state, I LOVE this diary. If this were all televised back in 02, I'd mark out hardcore. But, and honestly, I'm not trying to flame whatsoever, I have to question the logic from the booking side of these HUGE shows. Within a week, you've had numerous awesome storylines. In my opinion, with everything you've done on Raw and Smackdown alone, you'd have enough booking material to last you until SummerSlam within two shows! I shouldn't complain though, as this makes for the most entertaining diary on here at the moment imo, and like I said, as a fan, I'd mark out huge if I'd seen two episodes like that. It's just from a booking standpoint, there's so many opportunities to have developed this into a LONG storyline over the next few months just off the material off the first Raw and SD! No worries though, I will definitely continue reading, as your writing style indeed has me hooked. Like so many have said, I can picture these shows in my head as if I'm watching them on TV, you have such a good grasp of workers gimmicks and how they'd act. Excellent work Tommy.

Oh, the reason why I'm hot-shotting everything is that the diary ends in about two or three months of 'game' time, haven't really decided. I don't really have an interest in a long diary. But yeah, if I was the WWF, I certainly wouldn't be debuting Flair, Goldberg, Steiner, The Outsiders and mother f'in Sting all in one night. There are still plenty of twists and turns though, just not on the scale of the first card, hehe.

I don't know... I think that would have escalated it to HUGE Hights, and might have been worth it.... I can see the logic in the thought of how it could be built into something just as huge though... but that would have just made everyone turn around and go "What??!!". I would have definately been watching at that point, for sure.

WWF RAW - 'Lockdown' - Part 2 [CENTER] [IMG]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9569/rawlogovu5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="3"][B]WWF RAW - March 25th, 2002 - 'Lockdown.' [/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE="3"][B] Part 2 [/B][/SIZE] After a video promoting WWFShopZone, we cut to ringside. Without music, [B]The Big Show/Giant[/B] walks down the aisle to [B]HUGE [/B]heat, microphone in hand. [quote] Giant: Kane, The Giant doesn't back down from a challenge. You want your revenge, you come to the ring. [The Giant drops the mic, and a few seconds later, Kane's fireworks hit and The Big Red Machine charges to the ring!!] JR: Through hellfire and brimstone, the monster Kane is headed to the ring! And you know he's been looking forward to this!! Lawler: A week ago, these two guys were Tag Team Champions JR! And now they're going to tear pieces off each other! [/quote] [b]Kane vs The Big Show[/b] [quote] [center][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6339/kaneshowfa8.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center] There's no referee for this one, just two behemoths beating the holy hell out of each other. The two trade blows, before Giant gets the upper-hand with a stiff right. He attempts a very early chokeslam, but Kane ducks and clotheslines him out of the ring!! On the outside, Kane slams The Giant against almost every surface, from the ring apron to the steel steps. The two brawl for a few more minutes, until Kane fails at a bodyslam attempt. Giant meets him with a stiff kick to the face, then rolls him back in the ring. He waits for Kane to stand up and attempts another Chokeslam, but Kane knocks down his hand and grips a chokeslam of his own! The Giant knocks Kane's hand off, so Kane runs the ropes and delivers a flying lariat, stumbling his 7" opponent. With Giant reeling, Kane gives the cut-throat symbol and slaps him in a chokeslam grip! [/quote] We join the match in progress.... [quote] JR: Kane's got him by the throat! [Suddenly, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash are seen charging to the ring!] JR: And the damn Outsiders are back! Lawler: Strength in numbers JR! [Kane sees the invaders, and releases his grip on The Giant, before stepping over the top rope to the arena floor!] JR: And Kane is meeting them head on!! [Hall and Nash stop in their tracks at the sight of the monstrous Kane, who is just about to charge when he's hit from behind by The Giant!!] Lawler: There's too many of them JR! [Hall and Nash help The Giant roll Kane into the ring, and a few seconds later...] JR: CHOKESLAM ON KANE!! [B]DAMN IT![/B] Lawler: He's going to do to Kane what he did to The Undertaker last week!! [Hall and Nash lift Kane to his feet, and The Giant slaps on another chokeslam grip!] JR: He's going for another one!! PA: [B][U]IF YOU SMELLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING?![/U][/B] [CENTER] [IMG]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7610/therocket0.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [The crowd explode, as [B]THE ROCK CHARGES OUT OF THE ENTRANCE AND CHARGES TO THE RING, STEEL CHAIR IN HAND!![/B]] Lawler: [B]AAAH[/B]! JR: [B]IT'S THE GREAT ONE!![/B] [Giant, Hall and Nash move to the other end of the ring, as The Rock slides in. He leans down and slams the chair on the canvas, then holds it to the side of his head, like a baseball bat. And then, he yells at the Invaders to '[B]BRING IT![/B]' The crowd's cheers are off the [I]chart[/I]!] JR: J[B]UST LIKE HE DID LAST MONDAY, THE ROCK IS CHALLENGING WCW TO BRING IT!![/B] Lawler: And last week he got his butt kicked, JR! [The WCW guys confer, and a split second later, Scott Hall charges at The Rock, only to be met with a[B] VICIOUS CHAIR SHOT TO THE HEAD!![/B]] JR: [B]DOWN GOES HALL![/B] [Suddenly, Kane sits up, to a [B]HUGE [/B]pop. He stands alongside The Rock, who gives him a nod. A second later, Nash and Giant charge, only to be thrown out of the ring by Kane and The Rock!! Lawler: They just cleared house! [Weaponless, Nash and The Giant recover on the outside of the ring, and grab Scott Hall once they're at a safe distance. The Rock picks up the microphone.] Rock: Hall, Nash, Giant - The Rock's gunna make it crystal clear, because he knows you're a little woozy from the ass-kicking... [Crowd pop] Rock: The Rock's going to give you some time to recover, because that's the kind of guy The Rock is. But in ten minutes from now, at the top of RAW, you three bring your candy asses to the ring, because we're not FINISHED with you. And because The Rock's a smart guy, because The Rock knows three versus two isn't going to end well, The Rock is bringing a third... [b]A BALD SONOFABITCH NAMED STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!![/b] [B][THE CROWD ROCK IN CHEERS, AND START CHANTING 'AUSTIN'!!][/B] JR: [B]BAH GAWD KING! THE ROCK, KANE AND AUSTIN, VERSUS THE GIANT AND THE OUTSIDERS!![/B] Lawler: I never thought I'd see the day that Stone Cold and The Rock were on the same side again! [Hall, Nash and The Giant are already at the top of the ramp, and don't seem to have a problem with the match.] Rock: [B]IFFF YOU SMELLLLLLLLL................WHAT THE ROCK![/B] [The Rock gives the People's Eyebrow, to another huge pop.] Rock: Is...[B]cooking[/B]. JR: WWF VERSUS WCW, [B]NEXT!![/B] [/quote] RAW returns from a break, to the sight of [B]Vince McMahon[/B], watching nervously as [B]The Big Boss Man [/B]is tended to by the WWF physician. A few seconds later, [B]Matt and Jeff Hardy[/B], accompanied by [B]Lita[/B], step into view. The crowd cheer. [quote] [center][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4268/hardyzyg7.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center] Matt: Mr. McMahon.. Vince: What is it, Matt? And aren't you meant to be guarding something? Matt: I think it's a little late for that, sir. [Vince takes a breath and nods.] Vince: Well? Matt: Sir, Jeff and I were thinking. Big Show and Kane aren't going to be defending the tag titles anytime soon. we'd like a chance to win back the belts. Jeff: We don't care who we have to fight, we just want an opportunity. Vince: Well, I admire your enthusiasm, and those tag belts are vacant... But.. What will you do for [B]ME?[/B] Matt: For you? [Vince's eyes glimmer for a moment, as an idea forms.] Vince: How about this... You guys are the #1 Contenders for the tag titles. But this company, this...War is more important than your title aspirations. So do something [B]HUGE, [/B]fire a shot against WCW - and I'll make the match. [Matt and Jeff nod.] Jeff: Deal. [The Hardyz turn to leave.] Vince: And guys? [They turn around...] Vince: Do it on Smackdown. [/quote] In another section backstage, we see [B]X-Pac[/B], dressed in street clothes, preparing to leave the arena. His bag is strung over his shoulder, and he has just reached an entrance when he stops in his tracks. [B]Scott Hall[/B] and [B]Kevin Nash[/B] are standing less than three metres away, staring him down. The cameraman keeps a safe distance, but we pick up the audio.] [quote] [center][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8563/xpaccs3.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center] Nash: Hey, Sean. [Pac looks up in shock, as if he's just seen a ghost. He puts down his bag.] Pac: What do you want? Hall: We can't say hi to an old friend? Pac: An old friend? The same old friend that got fired from WCW, while you guys stayed in the main event? Nash: Sean, kid, that was business. We're back now. And we want YOU back. Pac: After what you did to Hunter?! [Nash pauses.] Nash: That was business too. All part of the masterplan, Sean. And you're the next step. We're getting the band back together, and it ain't much of a band without Syxx. Pac: And what if I say no? You going to put Sting on me? Hall: If you say no, we let you walk out of here. [Hall takes a step forward.] Hall: But you don't get to come back. Nash: You know where to find us. [Nash and Hall give the Wolfpac sign as they walk past X-Pac, who stands completely still. When the cameraman sees The Outsiders walking towards him, he turns and runs.] Lawler: Is X-Pac really considering this? JR: We better hope not, King! [/quote] We cut back to ringside, to hear [B]Kane[/B]'s music hit for the second time tonight, and to see The Big Red Machine to make his way to the ring, looking very angry. A few seconds later, [B]The Rock[/B] joins him, to a monster pop. Then, after an awkward wait, the glass breaks and out steps [B]Stone Cold Steve Austin!! [/B] JR, The King and the crowd rock as the PO'd Rattlesnake heads to the ring. He and The Rock share a brief nod, as the WWF loyalists wait for their opponents. And, all at once - [B]The Giant, The Outsiders[/B] and [B]Ric Flair [/B]walk onto the entrance ramp, to a huge mixed reaction. The fight is on. [b]The Rock, Steve Austin and Kane versus The Giant and The Outsiders[/b] [quote] [center][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3072/rockkaneaustinoutsidersxl7.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center] Without a referee or a bell, this main event is more of a streetfight than a match. The WCW 'Big Boys' charged the ring, and the WWF met them head on. With Flair on the outside, all six competitors paired off - Giant with Kane, Rock with Nash and Austin with Hall, in a super-charged, vicious brawl. There was no question that this 'match' was going to end with more than the six original combatants, but for the first ten minutes, it had some semblance of normality. Every so often, the pair inside the ring would switch places. [/quote] As we join the match in progress, The Rock and Kevin Nash are the lucky two... [quote] JR: Nash is choking The Rock with his boot in the corner! Lawler: Don't worry about that, JR! Worry about Stone Cold and Scott Hall! [The camera cuts to the announcer's table, where Scott Hall slams Austin's head against the wooden frame before hurling him into the ring apron. On the ramp end of ringside, The Giant has just bodyslammed Kane onto the ring-mats.] JR: And WCW is dominating this match! [In the ring, Nash grabs Rock, pulls him to the middle of the ring and pushes him down into the Jacknife position. The crowd cheer, but the cheers grow louder when The Rock grabs Nash's legs and lifts him up and over!!] Lawler: Or are they?! [Nash gets to his feet, ducks a clothesline but is met with a [B]HUGE [/B]spinebuster from The Rock!] JR: [B]SPINEBUSTER!![/B] [With Nash down, Rock stands near his head and tears off his elbow pad!! The crowd rock in cheers, as Rocky prepares for an inter-promotional People's Elbow!] Lawler: Here it comes JR!! [Hall tries to roll into the ring to stop The Rock, but Austin pulls him back outside. The Rock waves his arms, runs the ropes and IS LOW BLOWED BY RIC FLAIR!!] JR: Damn it! [The crowd rock in boos, as Flair stomps on The Rock in the ring, tearing off his jacket and whoo'ing for the now-hostile crowd.] JR: And the leader of WCW is stomping the hell out of The Rock! Lawler: They've got the numbers JR! [Lawler is more correct than he thinks, as more WCW guys are making their way through the crowd. Scott Steiner, Booker T and Diamond Dallas Page have reached the barricade, and the crowd is rocking in heat.] JR: And now there's more of them!! Lawler: It's 7 on 3 JR! [Just like last week, WCW's numbers overwhelm the WWF. Soon, all seven WCW stars are decimating the WWF loyalists with stomps, kicks and punches.] JR: But you know the guys in the back aren't going to stand for this! [As if wrestling was scripted or something, Vince McMahon appears on the entrance ramp, looking pissed. He gives the signal, and Kurt Angle charges from the locker room, followed by Edge, Saturn, Al Snow, Maven and.... [b]MR. PERFECT?![/b]] [/quote] [center][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5647/mrperfectpq9.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center] [quote] JR: The WWF cavalry has arrived, but King, that's Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig! Lawler: We haven't seen him in the WWF for nearly a decade! JR: well, Mr. McMahon said he made a few phone calls! [Once again, RAW is headlined by an inter-promotional brawl, albeit a far more even one than last week. The WWF cavalry take on Booker, DDP and Steiner, while Vince yells on from the top of the entrance ramp. Soon, every WCW star except Hall and Nash are outside of the ring. Those two remain in the ring, knocking down any WWF stars who enter, while The Rock lays prone in the middle of the canvas.] JR: It's a slobberknocker! Maven is down! Dallas Page just got speared! It's all happening faster than I can call it, so just trust me when I say it's a damn slobberknocker!! Lawler: Chokeslam!! [The Giant delivers a brutal chokeslam to Al Snow on the ring mats, sending a signal to any WWF stars brave enough to take him on.] JR: But The Rock is still inside that ring!! And I don't like where this is headed! [As Ric Flair instructs them from the safety of the announcer's table-side of the ring, Hall and Nash lift The Rock to his feet.] JR: They took out Mick Foley last week, and The Rock looks like he's going to join him!! Damn i- [JR is interrupted by a familiar sound. The opening lines of a song familiar to WWF fans of all ages. A song [B]VERY [/B]familiar to the two WCW Outsiders standing in the ring. A song... called 'Sexy Boy'!] JR: [B][SIZE="3"]OH MY GOD!! [/SIZE][/B] [Charging down the entrance ramp, through the parted sea of brawling superstars, is none other than [B]THE HEARTBREAK KID SHAWN MICHAELS!![/B]] [/quote] [center][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2224/hbkbc9.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center] [quote] JR: [B]IT'S HBK!!! WE HAVEN'T SEEN HIM IN TWO YEARS!![/B] Lawler: [B]BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON?![/B] His best friends are in that ring JR! His oldest friends!! JR: King, after what we've seen the past few weeks, I don't know the answer to that! [HBK rolls into the ring to a MONSTER pop, staring down Hall, Nash and the groggy Rock, who is leaning on a turnbuckle, completely unaware of his surroundings. HBK looks at Hall, looks at Nash and....... [SIZE="3"][B]Smiles.[/B]][/SIZE] JR: Oh no. Lawler: I knew it!! I knew it!! [The camera cuts quickly to Vince McMahon, whose angry visage has turned to one of pure fear.] JR: Vince McMahon's masterplan may have come unstuck!! [A smiling HBK reaches out to Hall and Nash, giving both men hugs, then instructs them to bring The Rock closer.] JR: This is [B]SICK[/B]. [Ric Flair smiles from ringside, giving a WHOO for the fans near him, as The Rock is held by The Outsiders, nearly-unconscious. HBK nods at his new allies, takes a step back, and [SIZE="3"][B]CRACKS SCOTT HALL WITH SWEET CHIN MUSIC?!@!!!!!][/B][/SIZE] JR: [B]YES!! [/B] [A confused Nash looks at his fallen comrade, and[B] IS MET WITH SWEET CHIN MUSIC STRAIGHT TO HIS 6"11 TALL-JAW!!][/B] JR: [B]HBK'S JUST TAKEN OUT HALL AND NASH!! GOOD GOD KING, HE'S ON OUR SIDE!![/B] [HBK points at Ric Flair, DDP, Booker T and Steiner, who are now gathered in a bunch around ringside, having been finally out-numbered by the WWF!] JR: AFTER A WEEK OF DEFEATS, THE WWF HAS FINALLY SCORED A VICTORY!! [The camera cuts to Vince McMahon raising Mr. Perfect's hand near the entrance ramp, then to the ring, where HBK is helping The Rock to his feet.] JR: CURT HENNIG AND SHAWN MICHAELS HAVE RETURNED HOME, BUT WILL IT BE ENOUGH TO TURN THE TIDE?! [B]DAMN IT, WE'RE OUT OF TIME!![/B] [/quote]

I gotta admit buddy, that so far I've not really been sucked in. It's all a bit clustery for my liking and it feels like there is a huge event every ten minutes, I'm getting a bit burnt out. But that's just my honest critique. However, that HBK segment was golden, well written and so believeable. It has my interest now and I'll keep with it on the back of that run in.

I understand that critique, there is a lot in each show, but it is a short-term dynasty. This RAW is a step down in 'big' from the RAW before, but I don't think the series will ever get to a point where it's just a straight show. I'm not saying there'll be Goldberg spearing Austin, or HBK returning on every show, but they'll all pretty much follow this formula. I'm trying to give the impression of absolute chaos within the confines of a wrestling show. Things should calm down a little in the next few shows though, as I've figured out a nice way to... legitimise WCW's status. They can only run-in and disrupt RAW so often before it becomes unbelievable. The seeds for this have been planted in Part 1 of RAW, for those of you playing at home.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;234806]They can only run-in and disrupt RAW so often before it becomes unbelievable.[/QUOTE] I wish they understood that ages ago with the original nWo. I was watching WCW casually and they simply lost me for overexposure of the nWo. Another very entertaining show, good work !

I like it. I'm glad it was HBK and not Hulk Hogan who was the phone call Vince made. Just goes to show you how different it could have been. Everyone knows that IRL Vince would have called Hulk. Good job keeping us guessing.

[IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2230/wrestlingobserverhi6.jpg[/IMG] [B] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Post-RAW Update[/COLOR][/B] by Dave Meltzer Months of negotiations, and at least two false-starts, were resolved early last week, allowing for the return of Shawn Michaels to the WWF. HBK is not scheduled to be in active competition for a few more months, and even then his schedule will be limited. Medically, he is all clear, but both HBK and the office don't want to risk it. The return of Curt Hennig to the promotion was a last-minute deal, but Hennig has been keeping himself in great shape after a talk with Vince McMahon three months ago. Last weeks final RAW rating was a 6.0, up from 5.3 for the pre-Mania show. Ratings for the stacked overrun were above 6.5 for the first time since last July. Smackdown drew a 5.2, a number not seen since 2000. The office are very happy with these figures, obviously. The current plan is for 'something' to occur next Monday that will legitimise the WCW invaders, allowing for inter-promotional matches. The WWF is trying to keep the angle believable, in order to hook long-time WCW fans. Backlash is scheduled to have 'some' WWF vs WCW matches, however nothing in the 'dream match' ball park. Guys like Austin, Goldberg, Rock and Sting will be kept seperate from each other for a few months. One rumoured match involves The Outsiders vs The APA. Still no word on the plans for ECW, however there are rumours of making Sunday Night Heat an ECW-exclusive show. Any relaunch of the promotion, however, will have to wait as the company focuses on the 'War'. Locker-room morale is surprisingly high, considering the influx of guys like Steiner, Nash, Hall and Goldberg. Goldberg is friends with both the Rock and Austin, and Nash/Hall obviously have their old buddies. Even guys like Bradshaw have been open to the arrival of the WCW stars, due to the money-making potential of the angle. For more news, including the next star to return to the company, read this week's Observer Newsletter.

[CENTER][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1354/comsmackdownyo0.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] [B]WWF Smackdown! Preview - 28th March 2002[/B] After the shocking returns of Shawn Michaels and 'Mr. Perfect' Curt Hennig on RAW, both the WWF and the Ric Flair-led WCW will be looking to turn the tide this Thursday on Smackdown! WWF.com's insiders can reveal that Shawn Michaels is scheduled to speak at the top of Smackdown. Why did he return? How did it feel to superkick two of his oldest friends, in Scott Hall and Kevin Nash? And will we ever see The Heartbreak Kid lace on the boots again? Mr. Perfect's return may have been less dramatic than the Showstopper's, but he is looking to rectify that, with an open challenge for a match at Backlash! Who will Perfect choose for his first WWF PPV match since Summerslam '93? On RAW, the Hardyz were promised a shot at the newly-vacated tag team titles by Mr. McMahon on one condition - they fire a shot against WCW on Smackdown! What do the Hardyz have in store? All this and more, including The Hurricane defending The Hardcore Title and The APA vs Christian and Test, Thursday on UPN!!

[SIZE="3"][B]WWF Smackdown[/B] March 28th 2002 Philadelphia, PA.[/SIZE] [B][SIZE="2"] "A Time For Talking"[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER] [img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4064/smackdownlogoky1.jpg[/img] [/CENTER] Smackdown! opens with the requisite fireworks display, and breaks straight into the familiar sounds of 'Sexy Boy', as The Heartbreak Kid[B] Shawn Michaels [/B]hits the ring to a [B]HUGE [/B]pop. Microphone in hand, HBK waits until the fans are finished chanting his name, and begins speaking... [quote] [center][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2224/hbkbc9.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center] HBK: Thank you... Thank you... What else can I say, but it's [B]GREAT [/B]to be [B]BACK[/B]!! [The crowd pop] HBK: When I got the call from Vinnie Mac last Thursday, my first response was 'no'. [The crowd boo slightly, and HBK nods.] HBK: I know, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't jump back in the thick of an interpromotional war, because I got friends on both sides. Vince McMahon himself will tell you that HBK isn't the most loyal of guys. Hell, I was all but ready to jump to WCW myself back in the day, but I stayed put. Not because I have a [B]LOVE [/B]for the WWF, but because I wanted to be the big fish, in the big pond. Now, The Undertaker, a casket and a spine fracture put an end to that dream, but nonetheless, it was ego that made me stay. So, I told Vince '[B]no[/B]'. And then, I flicked to Smackdown!, and what did I see? My best friend in the world, a guy who I'd helped grow from a mid-carder to a Wrestlemania headliner, a guy who I travelled up and down the road with for years, get [B]PUNKED [/B]out in the parking lot by a face-painted [I]freak[/I]! [The crowd give a loud, mixed reaction, torn between Triple H and Sting.] HBK: Now, I said before that I'm not a loyal guy, but I do care about my friends. But getting a bit of revenge for Hunter, that wasn't the only thing on my mind, as I flew to RAW. I was thinking about two other friends, two of the old Kliq guys - [B]Scott Hall[/B] and [B]Kevin Nash[/B].. [The crowd rock in heat.] HBK: And I just didn't get it. Hunter was just as good a friend to those two as I was, and they let him get punked out? Well, The Heartbreak Kid might have turned on a few friends of his own, but that just means I'm smart enough to see it [I]coming. [/I] I took out Hall, I took out Nash, because I knew what they'd do to ME. And if looking after my own skin means I'm a hero, well... I may as well be a hero. [The crowd pop.] HBK: And I guess you're wondering if I'm going to be that type of hero. The kind of guy who comes out at the top of Smackdown, and challenges The Outsiders to a match. You know, I'd love to, but I just can't. [The crowd boo.] HBK: The doctors say I can wrestle, kinda. It's going to happen. But it ain't gunna happen until I know I'm ready. Until I know I can be the Showstopper, I'm not even going to try. But I do have some other skills. And whether it be super-kicking my old friends, or super-kicking some strangers, HBK is gunna be around for a long, long time. And Hall, Nash, Flair, Sting, whoever, I can guarantee you this. Whatever I do... You'll [B]never [/B]see it coming. [HBK drops the microphone, and exits the ring.] Cole: A cryptic message from the Heartbreak Kid, but it's a message I'm glad to see! Tazz: I don't know the guy personally, Cole, but if he keeps super-kicking Outsiders, I'm all for him! [/quote] We cut backstage, to see [B]The Hardy Boyz[/B], Matt and Jeff, talking to a limo driver? [quote] Matt: So you sure he's going to be here? Limo Driver: I've got my orders to pick up Mr. Huffman in half an hour, sir. What is this about? Matt: Nothing, we're just really eager to see him. Jeff: [B]VERY [/B]eager. [The Limo Driver gives the two brothers a confused look, and heads back to his car. The Hardyz give each other a smile, and then walk off.] Cole: What is [B]THAT [/B]about? [/quote] After a brief plug for Smackdown's sponsors, we head to our first match of the evening... [B] Test and Christian vs The APA[/B] [quote] [CENTER][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7674/apatestchristianxe3.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] These two teams couldn't be any less alike. Christian and Test, former traitors to The Alliance, squared off against The APA, WWF loyalists through and through. That was partly the reason why The APA had the intimidation advantage heading into the match, and why Christian and Test got their asses whooped for the first five minutes of the match. It was only when Christian used some under-handed tactics, low-blowing Farooq while the referee's back was turned, that the Canadians got back into the match. A near-fall came soon after, when Farooq was flattened with a Test big boot. But, a minute later, Farooq reversed an Unprettier attempt by Christian and made the ultra-hot tag to Bradshaw, who cleaned house. Farooq took Test to the outside, and two minutes and one Clothesline From Hell later, The APA had picked up the victory at [B]8:57![/B] [/quote] After a commercial break, we return to the sight of the Intercontinental Champion [B]Edge[/B], signing an autograph for a lucky fan. [B]Mr. Perfect [/B]walks into view, to a good pop from the crowd, and smiles at Edge. Edge welcomes him back, and offers a handshake, which Perfect refuses. He looks at Edge's Intercontinental Title, slaps his hand against it, and smiles again, before walking out of the shot. Edge looks on, confused and slightly pissed off. Cole and Tazz speculate if Edge is the worker Mr. Perfect will challenge at Backlash, as we cut to our next match. [B] The Hurricane (c) vs Spike Dudley for the WWF Hardcore Title[/B] [quote] [CENTER] [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6876/hurricanespikeqq8.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] One week after signing with the WWF, Hardcore Champion Hurricane had his first title defense against Spike Dudley, in an even match-up. A mix of high-flying action, combined with the traditional Hardcore match spots (including a stop sign and a trash can) saw The Hurricane come out on top. At [B]6:13[/B], he dispatched his smaller rival with a blockbuster from the Top Rope, onto a trash can. Post-match, The Hurricane and Mighty Molly celebrated his victory. [/quote] Backstage, Women's Champion [B]Trish Stratus[/B] is seen talking to [B]Funaki[/B]. Yes, Funaki. [B]Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler[/B] enter the shot, and Trish gives them both a death stare... [quote] [CENTER] [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1533/stacytrishke8.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [/CENTER] Trish: What do you want? Torrie: Trish, please. We know we're not the most liked divas in this company, but we want a chance to prove ourselves. We're good people, we were just on a different side to you during the Invasion. Stacy: It was completely not personal. We respect you Trish. [Trish's face has softened, but she still looks unhappy.] Trish: Well, excuse me if I don't hug you. But if you're genuine, then I can live with that. Just don't cross any of the girls here. [Stacy and Torrie smile.] Stacy: That won't be a problem. Thanks, Trish. [Stacy and Torrie walk off, leaving a slightly-confused Trish in their wake.] [/quote] Backstage, a Limo is seen arriving. The driver we saw before, talking to the Hardyz, steps out of the driver's seat and opens the back door. A second later, out steps [B]Booker T[/B]! Booker passes the driver a $50 bill, and walks towards the arena. Suddenly, Booker T stops dead in his tracks. [quote] Booker: What the hell? [The camera swings around, to see....... [CENTER] [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6295/dudleyzop4.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [/CENTER] Cole: The [B][I]Dudleyz[/I][/B]?! [The Philly crowd pop for the two ECW stars, who stare down Booker.] Tazz: The Dudz are back in Philly! [As Booker looks on, confused, The Dudleyz CHARGE, slamming Booker against the limo and pounding him with punches and kicks!!] Cole: And they're beating the hell out of WCW's Booker T! Why was he even here?! [Bubba slams Booker's head against the open Limo door, then joins D-Von in dragging him out of shot!] Cole: Are they... Are they headed to the ring?!! [The camera swings back to the other side of the limo, revealing the slumped, near-unconscious bodies of [B]Matt and Jeff Hardy![/B]] Cole: Did the Dudley Boyz do that?! Tazz: What's going on here? [/quote] Smackdown! returns from a commercial break, to the sight of [B]The Dudley Boyz [/B]walking to ringside from a side entrance, dragging [B]Booker T[/B] with them! They roll T into the ring, and Bubba rips a microphone from Lillian Garcia's hands... [quote] [CENTER] [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4965/bookeryi9.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] Bubba: Hey Vince! You said if the Hardyz did something BIG, they'd get a shot at the WWF Tag Titles? Well... [B]D-VON...[SIZE="3"]GET THE TABLES!![/SIZE]![/B] [D-Von jumps to ringside, pulls out a table and joins Bubba in setting up. The WCW World Tag Champs lift Booker to his feet, and then administer a [B]BRUTAL 3-D THROUGH THE TABLE!![/B]] Cole: The Dudleyz have just taken out their old Alliance buddy! Bubba: [B]HOW'S THAT FOR BIG?! [/B] [The Philly crowd cheer.] Bubba: So Vince, we'll be at Titan Towers tomorrow morning, for our new contracts. And then, we'll be at RAW next week, for our title shot. D-Von? D-Von: OHHH BROTTHERR [B]TESSSTTIIFFFYYYYYYYY!!![/B] [D-Von drops the microphone, and The Dudleyz leave the ring, as the fans chant their name.] Cole: The Dudleyz have not only stolen The Hardyz thunder, I think they just re-joined the WWF! Tazz: Only in Philly, Cole! [/quote] The Dudleyz have cleared the ring, but Booker T still remains, lying unconscious. As he is not a WWF superstar, no paramedics rush to check on him following the attack. Instead, as the fans and announcers grow restless, we hear a familiar voice. [quote] PA: [B]IF YOU SMMEEELLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOOKING!![/B] [CENTER] [IMG]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7610/therocket0.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [The crowd Rock in cheers, as The ROCK starts walking to the ring, microphone in hand, wearing a WWF t-shirt. He steps inside, and stares at the prone Booker T, even dropping a People's Eyebrow to a big pop. As Booker doesn't move, The Rock starts poking him with his foot. Still nothing.] Rock: I think he's dead. [The crowd cheer, as The Rock pokes Booker again. Movement.] Rock: Oh, nope, he's alive. Sure is a shame though... A WCW guy, my old friend Booker T, left lying smack bang in the middle of The Rock's ring, in the middle of The Rock's show? Poor sucka. If only The Rock could... do something to wake him up... [The Rock thinks for a moment, and walks over to Booker's head.] Rock: If only there was a way, that The Rock and the [B]PEOPLE [/B]could.... nudge Booker back to life. To.... elbow him... back to consciousness. [The Rock pauses, as the crowd chants his name, and then 'ELBOW! ELBOW!'] Rock: Hmm... [Rock looks to the left, to the right, and then back to Booker. With the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand, he continues.] Rock: Or, The Rock could forget about helping Booker T, and just give this [B]RUDY-POO CANDY ASS A PEOPLE'S ELBOW ALL THE WAY BACK TO DUBBYA-SEE-DUBBYA![/B] [The crowd ROCK in cheers, as The Rock drops the microphone, runs the ropes and connects with a People's Elbow [B]SMACK BANG[/B] on Booker T's chest!!] Cole: BAM! Tazz: Bam? [The Rock's reviving elbow (or the crowd's cheers) seems to have worked, as Booker T is slowly waking up. As The Rock stands in the corner, mic in hand, Booker slooowwllly sits up. He looks around, groggy, at the remnants of table. He grabs his neck, then his chest, selling the effects of the elbow. As the crowd cheer, he turns around.] Rock: Hey, Book! [The Rock drops the mic, charges at Booker and [B]DROPS HIM WITH A HUGE ROCK BOTTOM!! [/B]As the crowd cheer, The Rock drops to the ground, speaking directly into Booker's ear.] Rock: And tell Ric Flair that The Rock wants him at [B]RAW[/B]. [The Rock drops the mic, rolls out of the ring, and walks to the back, as we cut to an ad for WWF Shopzone.] [/quote] When we return, it's to a replay of The Dudleyz/Rock attack on Booker T, and then to ringside for our next match... [B]Val Venis (c) vs Hardcore Holly - European Title[/B] [quote] [CENTER] [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/7790/valhollyfl3.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] Val Venis continued his ways as the fighting-est champion in the WWF, defending it against the former IC Champ. It was not a walk in the park for Val, and like his match with Albert on RAW, he looked in trouble in the early stages. Not even Holly's 'Best Dropkick In The Business' could take out Val, who fought back, ducked a clothesline and hooked Holly in the Fisherman's Hook Suplex (Perfect-Plex) for the three-count at [B]7:31![/B] Post-match, Val celebrated his victory, when [B]Mr. Perfect[/B] hit the ring, grabbed the European Title and slammed it into the back of Val's head! [/quote] Perfect grabs a microphone.... [quote] [center][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5647/mrperfectpq9.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center] Perfect: You know, there I was, all ready to challenge Edge for MY Intercontinental Title, when I see some Rick Rude rip-off use MY move! The Perfect-Plex! [Perfect looks at the European Title, then drops it on Val.] Perfect: Kid, at Backlash - you're going to meet [B]TRUE [/B]Perfection, and Curt Hennig will become the [B][I]PERFECT [/I][/B]European Champion.. [Perfect drops the microphone on Val, then heads out of the ring.] [/quote] After a commercial break, Smackdown! returns to the sight of [B]Kurt Angle[/B], talking to [B]Vince McMahon[/B] in his office. In no uncertain words, Angle tells Vince that he should be rewarded for his support of the WWF over the past fortnight, with a shot at Edge for the Intercontinental Title! Vince agrees, and books the match! Back at ringside, an inter-gender 6-person tag! [B] Al Snow, Maven and Trish versus Billy Gunn, Albert and Ivory[/B] [quote] [CENTER] [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2081/snowmavengunnhw2.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] One of those rare matches that sounds bad on both paper and on screen. If JR was commentating, he might even call it 'bowling shoe ugly'. Still, a learning experience for Maven, who was the face-in-peril for most of the match. Trish and Ivory put in solid perfomances when they were forced into the ring, but it was Al Snow who picked up the victory, with a Snow Plow on Billy Gunn at [B]6:13.[/B] Post-Match, an angry Ivory attacks Trish, only for [B]Stacy [/B]and [B]Torrie [/B]to make the save! A still-confused Trish thanks Stacy and Torrie, who help escort her to the back... [/quote] After the match, [B]Michael Cole[/B] updates us on the condition of [B]Triple H,[/B] following his attack at the hands of Sting last week. Trips suffered a minor concussion and bruising, and has been told to take the next week off before stepping back in the ring. And, next week on Smackdown!, Cole will have an exclusive interview with Trips from his home in Connecticut! 'The Lonely Road Of Faith' WWF history video plays, to instil a sense of promotional patriotism amongst fans. Also to buy time to set-up the impromptu main event - [B]Kurt Angle vs Edge for the WWF Intercontinental Title! [/B]Backstage, Jonathan Coachman is with [B]Edge[/B]... [quote] [CENTER] [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9176/edgebs7.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] Coach: Edge, at the top of the night, you might have thought your next title defense would be at Backlash, against Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig. But, instead, you're defending the Intercontinental title in just a few minutes, against a former World Champion! Edge: And you know what, Coach? I don't really care. Two weeks ago on RAW, I beat Angle. I defended my title successfully. Sure, Bill Goldberg wore a hood, kidnapped our boss and distracted Angle long enough for me to roll him up for a pinfall, but that's still a victory. If I hadn't won that way, I would have won with a Spear. Or a Downward Spiral. Or by making Angle cry after I tell him he's going prematurely bald. Coach: So I take it that you're confident? Edge: Kurt Angle is a great athlete, Coach, but it's a little hard to defeat the reigning Intercontinental Champion when you've had your head up Vince McMahon's ass for the past two weeks. [The crowd pop.] Edge: See you in the ring, Kurt. [Edge walks off.] Coach: Well, it looks like Edge thinks he has an [I]EDGE [/I]over Kurt Angle! Back to you, Michael.. [Edge returns.] Edge: What? Coach: Excuse me? Edge: Did you just do an 'Edge' pun? Coach: Yes, because... Edge: Man, you're dorkier than Kurt Angle. Did you take lessons to be this bad? [Coach starts to rebut, but stops mid-word.] Edge: Now, cut to Cole without embarassing yourself. Coach: [submissively] Back to you, Michael.. [/quote] Edge gives Coach a hard pat on the back, as we cut back to the ring... [B]The Main Event - Edge (c) vs Kurt Angle for the WWF Intercontinental Championship[/B] [quote] [CENTER] [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/472/angleedgejy4.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] As is customary, it was the challenger Angle who entered first, but he wasn't waiting around, charging at Edge during the champion's entrance! The two brawled from the ramp into the ring, where Angle took control, not even letting Edge take off his coat before applying the first Ankle Lock of the match! Edge managed to reach the ropes, however, and after reversing an attempted Angle Slam, got himself back in the match. In a fifteen minute wrestling clinic, the two went back and forth, trading near-falls until one last Angle slam looked to seal the match for the challenger. That was, of course, until Edge kicked out! An angry Angle pulled down the straps and applied the third Ankle Lock of the match, only for Edge to reach the ropes [B]AGAIN[/B]. This time, however, Angle wasn't letting go.... [/quote] We join the match in progress... [quote] Cole: And Kurt Angle is wrenching Edge's ankle! That's his second warning from the referee to break the hold! Tazz: Come on Kurt, let go! Cole: Look at his eyes!! [Angle is not releasing the hold, giving referee Jack Doan no choice but to call for the bell!!] Cole: Well, Edge has won the match by disqualification, but Kurt Angle is still not letting go!! Tazz: That's Angle's problem Cole, he has to prove himself in every match, and he doesn't know when he goes too far! [FINALLY, Angle releases the hold, but he's not done. When referee Jack Doan tries to remove him from the ring, Angle pushes him to the ground!] Cole: Now he's taking out the ref! [Suddenly, a section of the crowd start to rumble...] Tazz: Cole, the crowd! Is it WCW?! [Nope. It's only one guy. A guy very familiar to the Philly crowd. A very, very 'One Of A Kind' guy...] [CENTER] [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9823/rvdkn3.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] Cole: It's [B]ROB VAN DAM! [/B]But he's from ECW! Tazz: So were The Dudleyz, Cole!! [RVD, dressed in street clothes, jumps the guardrail and enters the ring, behind Angle, grabbing a chair on the way. When Angle notices the crowd response, he turns around only to receive a VAN DAMINATOR TO THE FACE! The crowd rock in cheers, as Angle rolls out of the ring, holding his head.] Cole: And RVD's taken out Angle!! [With both Edge and Angle down, RVD calls for a microphone from Lillian Garcia.] RVD: Hey, Kurt. Tell your boss that I'm accepting his offer, and then tell yourself, and the boys in the back, that RAW and Smackdown just became [B]THE WHOLE... DAMN.... [I]SHOW[/I][/B], all thanks to [the crowd chant along] [B]ROB....VAN.....[I]DAM[/I]!!![/B] [/quote] RVD drops the mic, and joins the ground in his signature point, as Smackdown goes off the air!!

Archived