• Rugby
    • Golf
    • NASCAR
    • Tennis
    • Other

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The NFL and College Football are my fav sports. Basketball is second, although the league is only interesting during the postseason. Everything else I'm only vaguely aware of. Used to be a huge MLB fans til those bastards at Fox traded away Italian American Super Hero Mike Piazza.

[QUOTE]Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come, Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.[/QUOTE] Baseball is far away my favorite sport, and I think the quote above explains it a lot better than I could, (that's a James Earl Jones quote from the movie "Field Of Dreams"). I'm actually watching the Mets and the Yankees at this very moment on ESPN. :)

[QUOTE=dvdWarrior;237460]Baseball is far away my favorite sport, and I think the quote above explains it a lot better than I could, (that's a James Earl Jones quote from the movie "Field Of Dreams"). I'm actually watching the Mets and the Yankees at this very moment on ESPN. :)[/QUOTE] Agreed. And Im watching it too GO YANKEES!

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;237768]You put in Rugby, Golf, Nascar (more then one type of racing, right?) and Tennis before Boxing or MMA? Ok, lol.[/QUOTE] Golf and Nascar are both far more popular than MMA or Boxing in the states. MMA is a good choice because its so on the rise. But, stateside especially, boxing is an afterthought and probably won't even be covered by major networks in the next few years. Actually, based on relevance, I would've left off hockey as well.

[QUOTE=MrCanada;237809]hockey... and please DONT CALL IT ICE HOCKEY! hockey is hockey... any other type of hockey is preceded by the description. Road hockey is hockey but on a road instead of ice.... its just hockey... freakin freak![/QUOTE] Hockey is played on grass, it's not called "Field Hockey". Ice Hockey is played on ice, hence, Ice Hockey! :p Anyway, gotta be Football/Soccer for me. :)

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;237939]Hockey is played on grass, it's not called "Field Hockey". Ice Hockey is played on ice, hence, Ice Hockey! :p [/QUOTE] His name is MrCanada and he's from Toronto. Trying to ask him to be reasonable about hockey is pretty much impossible. ;)

[QUOTE=MrCanada;237952]I'm from Waterloo... but your from America, so asking you to understand geography is a lost cause. How come hockey on grass is called field hockey then and hockey on a rink is called ice hockey? Shouldnt it be Rink Hockey?[/QUOTE] Wow..take yourself seriously much? Your location says Toronto and it was a joke.

[QUOTE=MrCanada;237952]I'm from Waterloo... but your from America, so asking you to understand geography is a lost cause. How come hockey on grass is called field hockey then and hockey on a rink is called ice hockey? Shouldnt it be Rink Hockey?[/QUOTE] by your argument field Hockey should be called grass hockey shouldn't it? :D I have to admit i love Ice Hockey, im not big on its field-based baby brother. But my real passion is football, specifically West Ham Utd. I also like Rugby (Leicester Tigers, Exeter Chiefs) I also watch/play a bit of Cricket, but i dont really watch much at club level and i prefer test matches to one day (thats rare in people my age!) I used to watch NFL, i enjoyed it, but i was always glad i was watching the highlights rather then the full match, unlike a lot of English people the stoppages at the end of each play don't bother me, i love the tactical side of it. Its the 4 hours of adverts that appear during the superbowl that iritate me! I also like a lot of fringe sports, Boxing, Darts, Bowls, Snooker. To be honest theres not a lot i won't watch, possibly golf, i think golf exists purely to bolster tank top sales!

[QUOTE=panix04;237960]my real passion is football, specifically West Ham Utd.[/QUOTE] So a West Ham Supporter! I can't forget last year when we lost 2-1 on the final day to you to get knocked out from the Champions League groups to Arsenal!!! Even though we played with 7 absences due to food poisoning that was pretty harsh for us, i almost wanted that you got relagated this year!(o yes, for the rest i am Spurs supporter).

[QUOTE=Capelli King;237969]So a West Ham Supporter! I can't forget last year when we lost 2-1 on the final day to you to get knocked out from the Champions League groups to Arsenal!!! Even though we played with 7 absences due to food poisoning that was pretty harsh for us, i almost wanted that you got relagated this year!(o yes, for the rest i am Spurs supporter).[/QUOTE] you got your revenge this year though didn't ya? I was screwing when we lost despit being 3-2 up with only about 5 minutes to go. Bloody Berbatov! Oh well, we done the double over the gooners so its all good!

[QUOTE=MrCanada;237952]How come hockey on grass is called field hockey then and hockey on a rink is called ice hockey? Shouldnt it be Rink Hockey?[/QUOTE] As I said, Hockey on grass is not called Field Hockey, it's only you lot over the pond that call it Field Hockey! Hockey has been around for centuries so it owns the right to the name "Hockey" over Ice Hockey any day of the week. :D

it may be older, but i defo wouldn't say it was better! When it comes to hockey the Ice version is far superior therefore it should claim the title 'hockey'. It's a bit like with football, it doesn't matter which form of the sport is oldest, because the variety played with a round ball is hands down a better sport, it gets to use the name football and not have to preceed it with the word American! :D

I'm not so sure, i think due to the fact that The Ice-based variety of the game is far more widespread and commercial that if you were to talk about hockey most people instantly think about toothless canadians skating around pounding the 7 buckets out of each other rather then english looking folk running round on grass, in shorts that were outlawed in the early 90's.

Archived