Journal discussion thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judging by the post, I reckon it's safe to assume that the ONLY time they can use their real names is when they don't have a promotion-specific alter ego. If they join a promotion where at least one promotion-specific alter ego exists, their real name is ignored. So you'd have to make it one of the alter ego's too. And Nick, I'm guessing they only choose the alter ego when they're first signed. So Mick would join WCW and choose an alter-ego, then stick to it until he leaves. If he then re-signed, he'd choose an alter-ego again. So it's possible he could join WCW several times under several names, but he wouldn't change name during a single stint.

[QUOTE=rajde;389001]I wonder if buying out a promotion lets you acquire their alter egos? I doubt that one but thought I would ask.[/QUOTE] What would that do, though? When you hire a worker to your promotion, you set the alter-ego yourself, it doesn't do it automatically. The alter-egos thing only affects the AI.

I hope it can go both ways though. Like, if you're on a Risky/Cult network and try to pass off that family friendly mainstream crap, the network will block you with a "What the hell is this crap? Where's the blood?!? Where's the sex?!?" message. :p

[QUOTE=Remianen;389683]I hope it can go both ways though. Like, if you're on a Risky/Cult network and try to pass off that family friendly mainstream crap, the network will block you with a "What the hell is this crap? Where's the blood?!? Where's the sex?!?" message. :p[/QUOTE] maybe not on a individual match or angle basis, but yes as whole show if your a cutting edge network, i would[B] hope[/B] they would complain that your show is not 'risky' enough for them.

[QUOTE=Remianen;389683]I hope it can go both ways though. Like, if you're on a Risky/Cult network and try to pass off that family friendly mainstream crap, the network will block you with a "What the hell is this crap? Where's the blood?!? Where's the sex?!?" message. :p[/QUOTE] Maybe morality could be brought back from TEW 2004. Vince McMahon: "I won't be a part of this storyline there's no incest or child abuse in it!" Or maybe in the cornellverse, Stevie Grayson(who had sub-10% morale in TEW 2004): I don't want to do this gimmick! I'll only do gimmicks of racists and pedophiles!"

[QUOTE=BuddyGarner;389950]Maybe morality could be brought back from TEW 2004. Vince McMahon: "I won't be a part of this storyline there's no incest or child abuse in it!" [B]Or maybe in the cornellverse, Stevie Grayson(who had sub-10% morale in TEW 2004): I don't want to do this gimmick! I'll only do gimmicks of racists and pedophiles![/B]"[/QUOTE] Strong reference from the past! I'd all but forgotten about morality, except that Runaway Train's high moral fabric meant that he would not in good concsience accept the gimmick of Monster. Also, loved that nobody in the default data qualified for the "Power and Paint" gimmick... Oh, how far TEW has come.

Granted, I only played a little bit of the WMMA demo, but I wasn't a huge fan of the internet thing being the 'front page'. I always immediately skipped onto a page I could actually do stuff with. The Internet in TEW is nice, but it's fluff, and I like how it's out of the way. I'm sure there's something I'm missing though, and if this change ties in with the new presentation of the game in a meaningful way, who am I to argue?

I see the WMMA-style Internet being a lot more interesting in TEW than it was in WMMA considering there'll likely be a lot more stuff going on in the TEW Cornellverse than the WMMA-verse simply because of the Cornellverse being much larger. I wonder if we should get started on goofy forum topics for Adam to put in the game? Also, as a side note, when I first played EWR, I thought the Internet button was an actual button connecting me to the internet, so I didn't click it for like 2 real life years.

Archived