Journal discussion thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;417080]if you're talking about the current diary, most of that stuff was from 04. With the exception of "who to hire".[/QUOTE] "Who to hire" was in, with each member of the booking team giving an answer based on his own prejudices. It got irritating/awesome after a while when "Peter Valentine" was Sam Strong's answer to every question.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;417105]"Who to hire" was in, with each member of the booking team giving an answer based on his own prejudices. It got irritating/awesome after a while when "Peter Valentine" was Sam Strong's answer to every question.[/QUOTE] Add women wrestlers and he'll have to alternate once Alicia becomes available. Problem Solved!

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;417105]"Who to hire" was in, with each member of the booking team giving an answer based on his own prejudices. It got irritating/awesome after a while when "Peter Valentine" was Sam Strong's answer to every question.[/QUOTE] was it?? umm.. I dunno. I never used it. :p

I remember that feature from '04. It really wasn't effective for me because the Cornellverse was so new at that point and I didn't know who anyone was. Now that I'm so attached to the default data, I see it being really helpful. Even more so if it was the old EWR style of "So and so has youth, talent, and charisma", giving you a list of workers worth looking at and workers who's contracts are coming to an end.

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=shamelessposer;417105]"Who to hire" was in, with each member of the booking team giving an answer based on his own prejudices. It got irritating/awesome after a while when "Peter Valentine" was Sam Strong's answer to every question.[/QUOTE] Oh, that is quite awesome. You're saying that a person with friends will always want them to be pushed?

I wonder if booking skills of the people are going to come into play. I mean, if you have somone with a f- in booking on your team are they going to sugest poor workers to hire or to push weak people.

As much as I'm loving the new game features, I'm really hoping for some info on the 2008-era Cornellverse, and some of the in-game changes (new promotions, new workers, workers who have gotten majorly over with a new gimmick, and the like).

[QUOTE=alden;417233]I wonder if booking skills of the people are going to come into play. I mean, if you have somone with a f- in booking on your team are they going to sugest poor workers to hire or to push weak people.[/QUOTE] Any idiot, even one with an F- in booking, can give you advice like "Tommy Cornell should be in the main event." A character with a good booking skill should be able to say things like "His style might clash with half our roster, but Axxis Jr. is an impressive enough talent that we should sign him anyway" or "Calvin Dark may not look like much at the moment, but if we put him in the right matches he's going to EXPLODE over the next year or so." A character with a low booking skill would also give advice like this, only it wouldn't be as grounded in reality. "Sign American Elemental now" looks like good advice until you find out that his Destiny came up "Criminal/Drunk" for this game...

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;417415]Any idiot, even one with an F- in booking, can give you advice like "Tommy Cornell should be in the main event." A character with a good booking skill should be able to say things like "His style might clash with half our roster, but Axxis Jr. is an impressive enough talent that we should sign him anyway" or "Calvin Dark may not look like much at the moment, but if we put him in the right matches he's going to EXPLODE over the next year or so." A character with a low booking skill would also give advice like this, only it wouldn't be as grounded in reality. "Sign American Elemental now" looks like good advice until you find out that his Destiny came up "Criminal/Drunk" for this game...[/QUOTE] Well said. That kind of implementation along with some personal bias would make this feature HEAVEN.

[QUOTE=alden;417233]I wonder if booking skills of the people are going to come into play. I mean, if you have somone with a f- in booking on your team are they going to sugest poor workers to hire or to push weak people.[/QUOTE] Re-read the journal entry. There's a humongous hint in it that you're missing.

Archived