Journal discussion thread

I still think there is going to be one more "OMG" kind of thing before the end. I can't think of what it could be but i do see it coming. The game looks very good right now as alot of stuff people have asked for are in. I would still love things that i just don't think can ever happen. The flash pin will give a rookie vs a main eventer more of a realistic pin now :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a great new feature! Many have recently asked for it and the wish-fulfilling-feiry called Ryland again delivered! I can't wait for this game... It's going to be just great to come back home after being the next week on holiday with the lady and read all the announced features.

Flash Pins, YES! I'm still hoping for one big feature (preferably regarding the GUI and making booking more painless), but all these little ones really add up, and in one part make a pretty spectacular sounding game

The only thing bad I can say about flash pins is the name... never heard that word used to describe a roll-up before. Could be a bit counter-intuitive for new players. Roll-up or surprise pin might have served better. But since I'm not a new player... GREAT addition! :) :D

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;420578]The only thing bad I can say about flash pins is the name... never heard that word used to describe a roll-up before. Could be a bit counter-intuitive for new players. Roll-up or surprise pin might have served better. [/QUOTE] Perhaps. But it one of those things that has a simple explanation and will be easily grasped once it is defined. The newbies I'd probably be most concerned about with this point would be those for whom English is not their original language. For natural English folks, we'd heard "flash" used synomynous with "quick" in things like "flash freezing" or "flash floods" enough to at least be able to guess reasonably well at the meaning of a "flash pin." Folks coming from other languages I definitely see this terminology being an issue for.

In some way, I mourn for the loss of the top 100 feature, which I thought was ok. The randomness effect could have gone down a few notches, but it was still unpredictable and that was it's charm. Now you probably know the top guy before the end of the year. In reality, that wouldn't entirely be the case. :)

[QUOTE=KevBone;420593]I'm still waiting for him to announce the advance booking of title matches and gimmick matches. You know, being able to book the matches as being for a title or being fought in a gimmick match.[/QUOTE] something that DEFINETLY needs to be in the game... would make things so much better.

[QUOTE=crayon;420564]Flash Pins, YES! I'm still hoping for one big feature (preferably regarding the GUI and making booking more painless), but all these little ones really add up, and in one part make a pretty spectacular sounding game[/QUOTE] like dragging and dropping names, rather than having to go from screen to screen to screen just to select someone. I'd also be in support of some kind of "coding" which would allow the user to say (if he wants to have a match of all midcarders) to filter by midcarders and have it remain as such when he turns to pick a name. I for one hate have to memorize names, or constantly filter by card status.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;420630] I'd also be in support of some kind of "coding" which would allow the user to say (if he wants to have a match of all midcarders) to filter by midcarders and have it remain as such when he turns to pick a name. I for one hate have to memorize names, or constantly filter by card status.[/QUOTE] How many workers do you have?

I am so thrilled to have flash pins in. I can't count the amount of times I wanted to use these finishes to protect one worker's momentum while putting over another worker. This will be very useful to help get some of my less experienced divas over the more experienced ones on rare occasions to spark feuds that will hopefully help elevate the divas skills. That is, if I'm assuming correctly on how flash pins will affect the workers.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;420630]like dragging and dropping names, rather than having to go from screen to screen to screen just to select someone. I'd also be in support of some kind of "coding" which would allow the user to say (if he wants to have a match of all midcarders) to filter by midcarders and have it remain as such when he turns to pick a name. I for one hate have to memorize names, or constantly filter by card status.[/QUOTE] Yeah, this would be huge. In TEW 07, when you are selecting a tagteam, they give you drop down menus. I dont know why you couldnt just book the whole match with these drop down menus, or 2 screens instead of however many 07 takes.

[QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;420633]How many workers do you have?[/QUOTE] does it matter? I mean, once you hit national, you NEED a big roster. And what about people who play with "brands"? I have two particular saves (SHIMMER and WWE) where I'm playing with two brands.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;421182]does it matter? I mean, once you hit national, you NEED a big roster. And what about people who play with "brands"? I have two particular saves (SHIMMER and WWE) where I'm playing with two brands.[/QUOTE] I am national and currently have about ten more guys than I need for that [i]plus[/i] a women's division, and I can keep track very easily of who's where on my roster despite the fact half my up-and-comers keep moving around in card position. Hence the question.

[QUOTE=KevBone;420623]I'm still waiting for him to announce the advance booking of title matches and gimmick matches. You know, being able to book the matches as being for a title or being fought in a gimmick match.[/QUOTE] I THINK that advance booking takes title holders into consideration when giving an advance booking the hype level. I've built up low-level fueds where a match will be booked with, say, a C+ hype level because one guy is the champ; before the match I decide to take the title out of the picture for their fued because it would help someone else more. Even if the original challenger interferes and causes the champion to lose the belt, I've had it slip to a C (presumably because the belt isn't involved anymore). On the same ticket, I've done the same thing at higher levels and seen no slip. So I'm not 100% positive that it takes title holders into consideration, but I think I have some good evidence that it does. As for gimmick matches, I'd love to be able to advance book a gimmick match! Adam mentioned a feature that there is a 'Special Match' tickbox when booking matches on the card now but I think that its a purely cosmetic feature for your show history (so it will read Wrestler X defeated Wrestler Y in a Texas Death Match rather than just X beat Y). I could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure thats what the journal entry said.

At this point I'm hoping for word on the way TV and PPV will be split out. Monthly PPVs, Monthly TV and Specials (like WMMA). And I'm also hoping to hear word on getting real Height and Weight back in, or at the very least a more logical breakdown of sizes so the Bobby Lashley and Jeff HArdy are no longer lumped int he same weight bracket...

[QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;421221]I am national and currently have about ten more guys than I need for that [i]plus[/i] a women's division, and I can keep track very easily of who's where on my roster despite the fact half my up-and-comers keep moving around in card position. Hence the question.[/QUOTE] I think with a game like this, when you take into account the sheer number of statistics and figures that are thrown at you along with the amount of time required to play a game, even with a small to medium roster it is still possible for players to lose track of people. Especially if one doesn't have the luxury to play on a regular basis. When it comes down to user friendliness, a game such as this can never have enough, imo.

[QUOTE=crayon;421271]I think with a game like this, when you take into account the sheer number of statistics and figures that are thrown at you along with the amount of time required to play a game, even with a small to medium roster it is still possible for players to lose track of people. Especially if one doesn't have the luxury to play on a regular basis. When it comes down to user friendliness, a game such as this can never have enough, imo.[/QUOTE] True enough. I'm sure Global will kill me the same way.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;421257]And I'm also hoping to hear word on getting real Height and Weight back in, or at the very least a more logical breakdown of sizes so the Bobby Lashley and Jeff HArdy are no longer lumped int he same weight bracket...[/QUOTE] Height and Weight were more trouble than they were worth. If you're playing a mod in which Lashley and Hardy are in the same weight class, it's safe to say that the modder isn't the sharpest bulb in the drawer.

Theres also this announced today: [QUOTE]May 24th: Editor is released; for mod makers to get a head start. June 1st: Trial version \ public beta is released. As with previous games, this allows one month of game time to be played per save game. There is no limit to how many save games can be started. Save games can be continued in the retail version. June 8th: Full retail version is released.[/QUOTE] YAY!! Happy birthday to me.. Pre-Release editor for thee

Archived