a live online play feature would be awesome/

not like the current multiplayer set up is like. do something where I can set up a game with a friend via ip address or open the game via instant messanger (aim msn) then allow the game to save to both computers but each would have a backup of the game incase something goes wrong one end. (person a pc shut down, but person b saved the game) it would beat having to swap saves always. could still do the old way for people who can't always play live as well. but a live internet play feature would really add to the game. maybe make it a 4 player or more feature.

[QUOTE=Craig Edwards;420082]I dont think they have the money to pull something like that off they are just a small sim company[/QUOTE] While that is true, TEW/WMMA are pretty much there only games now. They used to have a whole bunch did they not? Like basketball, american football and NCAA sports. Now from what i see its just TEW and WMMA so they could in theory have enough to put into TEW for this. I know there was a lot of speculation when it was first announced it could be in. I hope it is

I think it's a little bit of overkill for the game, but multiplayer could be made more easy for sure. Ie. I think we'd all much rather have a tiny program running that would inform you when they've completed a turn and then let you accept the savefile and put it in the right directory with a couple of clicks (or have it set to recieve the file automatically while you're away), instead of having to boot up your email client or add people to msn. Of course the logistics for actually creating something like that and having it work flawlessly and secure is probably a nightmare x10

[QUOTE=crayon;420123]Of course the logistics for actually creating something like that and having it work flawlessly and secure is probably a nightmare x10[/QUOTE] Actually it's not that hard, there are many open source p2p clients that can manage about anything, including file transfers and receiving/sending data to applications. As much as I don't see the point of a "live" multiplayer, I'd see the point of having a TEW multiplayer client that'd allow an easy transfer of files and gives a notification when it's our turn to go. I'm curious what Adam has to say about such an idea :)

I think something simular to the way that Football Manager's network system would be pretty good and I don't think it would be that hard to impliment. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Adam said once upon a time that the original WreSpi was going to be an online game, so - if I am right - he has the know how.

I'm not a fan of making TEW multuiplayer, just think of how slow it would be. You would have to wait for the other person to play before you could advance to the next day so it could take a busy day or two just to advance one day in the game world.

[QUOTE=jesterx7769;420209]I'm not a fan of making TEW multuiplayer, just think of how slow it would be. You would have to wait for the other person to play before you could advance to the next day so it could take a busy day or two just to advance one day in the game world.[/QUOTE] Yeah, you advance on your end, but you could be waiting hours for the other player to complete his turn, not sure I'd want to sit in front of a "Please wait for Player B" screen that long. Would want to at least be able to scan Media, and Other Promotion/Worker information for planning my next moves while I waited.

[QUOTE=jesterx7769;420209]I'm not a fan of making TEW multuiplayer, just think of how slow it would be. You would have to wait for the other person to play before you could advance to the next day so it could take a busy day or two just to advance one day in the game world.[/QUOTE] Too late, it already is multiplayer and it can take that long :P

[QUOTE=crayon;420285]Too late, it already is multiplayer and it can take that long :P[/QUOTE] yeah but atleast you don't have to stare at a please wait screen thinking the other guy is booking his show, not knowing he's leaving his house because it's on fire.

[QUOTE=IWWROCKS;420090]While that is true, TEW/WMMA are pretty much there only games now. They used to have a whole bunch did they not? Like basketball, american football and NCAA sports. Now from what i see its just TEW and WMMA so they could in theory have enough to put into TEW for this. I know there was a lot of speculation when it was first announced it could be in. I hope it is[/QUOTE] You're probably thinking of .400 Software Studios, which went down the tube three years ago.

I could see TEW being a type of game like that football game we've been playing, with "Teams" being "Promotions", Player's being "Worker's". Would be exciting to see how your show's come off compared to other's. Probably have a couple hundred CPU Promotions to start with, and have worker's automatically get three offer's when they start out. Have it available to buy a Promotion similarly, and hire your own worker's.

[QUOTE=IWWROCKS;420090]While that is true, TEW/WMMA are pretty much there only games now. They used to have a whole bunch did they not? Like basketball, american football and NCAA sports. Now from what i see its just TEW and WMMA so they could in theory have enough to put into TEW for this. I know there was a lot of speculation when it was first announced it could be in. I hope it is[/QUOTE] not the case at all. Other developers here have games either out, or in the works. Adam isn't the only developer here.

If we're pipe dreaming, what could be quite enticing is a persistent game world that runs real time. Each user runs a promotion and we all employee from the same pool of workers. And run shows on a weekly basis or whatever, with ratings being dished out each week. It'd make diaries very awesome, as it'd be like reading the competition

[QUOTE=jesterx7769;420209]I'm not a fan of making TEW multuiplayer, just think of how slow it would be. You would have to wait for the other person to play before you could advance to the next day so it could take a busy day or two just to advance one day in the game world.[/QUOTE] Why would it be slow? Just enforce movement. Aren't the kind of person that likes waiting? Just make it so the person who set up the online "match" (as it were) to be able to set a required "Time to Act" for both non-show days and show days. Another option would be to just let the players advance automatically until the next players show date and if that player doesn't act (play) on that show after a set amount of time (48 hours, lets say) than the game would auto-book it for him. Of course this would all require server-side data, which would mean that GDS would have to set up at least a single server to host said data.

[QUOTE=RaptorRobertRage;421398]Why would it be slow? Just enforce movement. Aren't the kind of person that likes waiting? Just make it so the person who set up the online "match" (as it were) to be able to set a required "Time to Act" for both non-show days and show days. Another option would be to just let the players advance automatically until the next players show date and if that player doesn't act (play) on that show after a set amount of time (48 hours, lets say) than the game would auto-book it for him. Of course this would all require server-side data, which would mean that GDS would have to set up at least a single server to host said data.[/QUOTE] why does it have to be turn based? Why not real time. Why can't we be playing along while they're taking their turn? Oh wait, I know why.. Cause we would make it to January 2010 while they're still in week 1 of March 2008. :p

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;421419]why does it have to be turn based? Why not real time. Why can't we be playing along while they're taking their turn? Oh wait, I know why.. Cause we would make it to January 2010 while they're still in week 1 of March 2008. :p[/QUOTE] /nod. However, if it was done in real time (outside of some things such as contracting workers), where you would tape your show, then have it run on the day it's supposed to... Even if you booked a few shows ahead.. Things like Endurance would have to go down if you worked someone too much. But the premise could be that you tape your shows, and then wait for the results the day of the show. Perhaps a 12 hour day instead or real time, where 1 day = 2 TEW days. The goal would be for the promotion to have the number one shows, while the workers would all be part of the "Team", and could train there worker in whatever way they wanted... Giving a certain amount of stat bonus per level. Yeah, the workers would have to go by levels, but well booked shows could make someone very popular with low stats.

I'd just be happy with proper LAN or internet play where the game is like it is now but no need to send files back and forth a bunch by hand. I'm sorry, but the current system is extremely clunky. If you do real hot seat, it dominates a computer and gives the other person nothing to do for the hour or two or three the other person takes to book (depending on number of shows and play style) if you rely on your computer for your hobbies (I'm on my computer most of the time). If you play "pass the files", that means sending many megabytes across a LAN or internet over and over and over ad nauseum and that gets time consuming and tiring all by itself. I tried a two player game one time, and it just drove me bonkers have to do that back and forth stuff.

Archived