[HYPE] War Of The Immortals - A Mod by Tommy

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE]Well, I suppose they weren't all going to be able to go Global. So, how many people just made it their first order of business to rescue Finlay? [/QUOTE] Finlay will be the first person I sign whatever promotion I start as. I am getting more and more hyped for this mod. Hope its released for my 2 weeks off work at the end of the month lol.

Tommy, Ok, after the loss of DOTT:G, I'm afraid a silence on this thread of more than 24 hours cannot be tolerated. How am I supposed to sleep with the paranoia kicking in? Suddenly I'm being woken by constant nightmares of "Tommy regrets to announce that War Of The Immortals is on indefinite hold, because TheHeck didn't collect enough coins in the last level". I know, my dreams don't tend to make much sense. My point is, I don't know if you realise the impact you're having on my life, Tommy. By going on holiday/having connection problems/being busy at work/having a girlfriend/taking a break/having lunch/forgetting to update us/having any sort of life of your own, you utterly ruin my ability to function. With that in mind, I demand you cease contact with all friends, family members and work colleagues so as to ensure that I can see at least one update on this mod in every 24 hour period. Only then can I be sure of a restful sleep. I'm sure you'll agree that this is a reasonable solution for all concerned. Thanks in advance, TheHeck

I can't help it, sorry Tommy, but you keep posting "Old News" and well. Here something a bit deeper into the game... With a few more people watching the show. [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l49/djthefunkychris/Image1-1.jpg[/IMG] And even more. [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l49/djthefunkychris/Image2.jpg[/IMG] EDIT: My favorite match up at this point is.. Thesz and Cabana vs. Benoit and Finlay... That card is exactly the kind of Immortal showdown this mod inspires... this was booked by the AI, and won Match of the year for 2012. The year before was HHH and Dusty (not Cody) Rhodes. Notable females of the year... I'll save that one... Just think how eary some things end up like you would expect.

[QUOTE=MainOffender;475803]Wow, that PWM card is amazing. Great stuff. Thanks for posting it! Who is in The Jet Set that they're going over Sting and Luger?[/QUOTE] I think my favorite part of those cards is that five years from now Lex Luger will have made a miraculous recovery from his paralysis and, more amazingly, Chris Benoit will recover from being dead AND beat the murder charges.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;475999]I think my favorite part of those cards is that five years from now Lex Luger will have made a miraculous recovery from his paralysis and, more amazingly, Chris Benoit will recover from being dead AND beat the murder charges.[/QUOTE] Ok if you by that loigic most of the old wrestler wouldn't be in here. The whole point of this is taking wrestlers at their peak and putting them in 2008 against each other.

[SIZE="3"][B]Promotional Spotlight #16 - Canada's Finest Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/456/cfwru4.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [QUOTE] Run by the legendary Hart Family, CFW focuses on in-ring action and the preservation of the territory at all costs. Stu, Ross and Bruce Hart call the shots backstage, while Bret and Owen are the promotion's centerpieces. But, as history has shown - they may not stay forever. Perhaps in anticipation, Stu has recruited a talented roster of loyal Canadian and American talent, though the promotion would need an overhaul before expanding.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Immortals [/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3275/brethartiy0.jpg[/IMG][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5315/owenhartbn8.jpg[/img][/CENTER] [B]Bret 'Hitman' Hart[/B] - The Canadian hero is obviously CFW's #1 face and biggest star. As the leader of The Hart Foundation, he is engaged in a bitter war with his brother Owen and his New Foundation. [B]Owen Hart[/B] - The only way for a Hart to get booed in Canada was to turn on Bret and Stu, and it has turned Owen into CFW's top heel. Many think that, while Bret is the #1 draw, if Owen were to leave the promotion it would do serious damage. [B]Brian Pillman[/B] - Owen's right hand man in the New Foundation, Pillman's 'Loose Cannon' persona makes CFW cards completely unpredictable. Currently involved in a feud with Bret's right hand man: [B]Chris Benoit[/B] - 'The Canadian Crippler' adds to the already phenomenal CFW workrate, and is also the muscle behind The Hart Foundation. [B]Christian Cage and Teddy Hart[/B] - The third and fourth members of the New Foundation, they are trying to usher in a new breed of Canadian talent. Favourite pastime - messing with Stu Hart. [B]Harry Smith and TJ Wilson[/B] - The Stampede Bulldogs are the remaining members of The Hart Foundation, and one of CFW's premier teams. [B]Bad News Brown[/B] - Sure, he might end up hating Bret, but he's a good worker and one of the toughest men in the business. [B]The Highlanders[/B] - Rory and Robbie McAllister bring the badass Scottish highlander quotient to CFW, and also entertain the younger fans with their crazy beards and such.[/quote] [SIZE="3"][B]The Rest[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] Roderick Strong, Davey Richards, Eric Young, Giant Haystacks, Joe. E Legend, Don Callis, J.R Foley, 'Dangerous' Danny Davis, Angelo Mosca, A-1 and [B]Kurrgan!![/B] [/quote]

[QUOTE=WeeMan;476760]This looks just too good, can't wait for the release... Got one question though, Tommy: Will there be any free agents, or everyone will be employed by a promotion from the start? Let me know.[/QUOTE] Pretty sure I can answer this. I'm honestly not trying to give any *Spoiler's* away, although maybe went to far with the five years into the game sample's. My main purpose was to show that there is plenty of playability in it, to extend over numerous years. To answer your question, YES. There will be plenty of free agents in the game perfect for starting your own promotion with, or for scouting for future idea's. There are plenty of people in the game period, and I'm not 100% up to date on the mod (as I'm sure Tommy has added a few more since last update). Testing the data, there is nothing I can think of that you cannot do with it. With the exception of Australia, You have enough worker's to start a promotion whereever you like. You even have enough free agents to do so with it. It's very well rounded so far, and that's coming from over a dozen tests (mostly sims) so far. The longevity of the game is proving to be very satisfactory, which is always something I personally am concerned with in a mod. You won't be getting into the second or third year, and finding that over a dozen promotions have went out of bussiness or anything like that. You will have your work cut out for you no matter who you play, because there is that "DOTT" aspect in here, where you will have that big rush to national.... And I'll tell you right now, losing a battle can send you right back to cult or regional. The fight is well balanced, and almost every promotion (if not every) has a chance to come out on top, depending on how well you can book them. There is something that is more exciting about this particular mod, then any I have played so far. I will keep that to myself for now though:cool:.

Very good Yes MR Punk thank you fr that post. That's just what i want to hear,i really cant wait fr this mod. Oh and one more thing Those poor people in Australia And to Tommy,hey i would buy TEW just for this mod alone. May this mod live for ever. Mike B

Archived