Strange events so far '08

I whipped up a test fed in Tri-state set in 1958 to test some stuff (comprised of a roster of 16 Jon Heidenreich's). The CPU ran and after a year had generated the announcer and color commentator - the duo of Corey Death and Angel Holly. Oddly, Corey is the face and Angel is the heel. Also, the guy who finally bought up the fed after a year had passed was a Greek kickboxer named Absyrtus Salpigidis. (FWIW, Jon Heidenreich #9 has won the WOTY award twice in the short three years I've been simming; the 'Young Wrestler of the Year' however has been Jon Heidenreich #13 in '58, JH #11 in '59, and the original Heidenreich With No Number in 1960)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not exactly a strange occurance...more like a disappointing one... As TCW, I signed a working agreement with NOTBPW (the angle was that TCW GM Phil Vibert signed a deal with them and that they chose to recognize the TCW World Title) and brought in The Stones with them facing Tommy Cornell on subsequent PPVs. This was all to build to Sean McFly coming in and getting the World title shot at Total Mayhem. The storyline was cooking in the B+-A* range and the two ppvs got A main events. I was excited for Cornell-McFly and when the time came...it only got a B and dragged my whole show down to a B- lol There wasn't even any bad chemistry notes. Ah well, can't win em all.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;476343]What in the name of Jupiter's beard were you testing?[/QUOTE] I was trying to find the lowest limit of a TV contract for a 1-territory fed. When I realized how surreal a show of Heidenreich clones would be, I ran with it for a while.

[QUOTE=Sagitta;476079]I whipped up a test fed in Tri-state set in 1958 to test some stuff (comprised of a roster of 16 Jon Heidenreich's). The CPU ran and after a year had generated the announcer and color commentator - the duo of Corey Death and Angel Holly. Oddly, Corey is the face and Angel is the heel. Also, the guy who finally bought up the fed after a year had passed was a Greek kickboxer named Absyrtus Salpigidis. (FWIW, Jon Heidenreich #9 has won the WOTY award twice in the short three years I've been simming; the 'Young Wrestler of the Year' however has been Jon Heidenreich #13 in '58, JH #11 in '59, and the original Heidenreich With No Number in 1960)[/QUOTE] I have to ask... Were they all friends?

I have turned MAW into the best developmental territory around. I am playing TCW and became MAW's parent company. Due to the people that have retired in my game, MAW has Fuhimiro Ota, Sam Keith, Robert Oxford and Lee Wright as trainers.....which means that wrestlers can improve in practically every aspect! I have never managed that before. Also they have a star studded roster of people in developmental: Erik Strong Mainstream Hernandez Donnie J Gargantuan Primus Allen Charlie Thatcher Hector Galindo Rudy Velasquez Jesus Chavez Hell's Bouncer Matt Hocking Bulldozer Brandon Smith Grease Hogg Lead Belly Cole Taylor Cameron Vessey

[QUOTE=TEWFan;477202]I have turned MAW into the best developmental territory around. I am playing TCW and became MAW's parent company. Due to the people that have retired in my game, MAW has Fuhimiro Ota, Sam Keith, Robert Oxford and Lee Wright as trainers.....which means that wrestlers can improve in practically every aspect! I have never managed that before.[/QUOTE] I wasn't sure if retired workers would help train in wrestling skills as they've got Manager, Colour, Personality etc ratings instead, but good to know

Even if I'm sorry for him, because he's one of my favourites: Hell Money (currently under written contract with TCW) just got 2 message in the internet section. First, it was reported, that he took an injury, that puts him out of business for 14 months (any participation!). - And then it was reported, that he will turn to a babyface soon. I guess, it should take a while until the face turn will be completed. =)

I converted the split zone mod to 08 and combined Raw and Smackdown in to one company again. Anyway I had requested negotiations with Hulk Hogan and 2 days later there was a news story saying that Hulk Hogan died at the age of 54 due to hard drug use.

Wow, Marv Statler just OD'd! :O Rushed to the hospital, didn't die.. When viewing his Physical status it's all yellow and all his stats are now from F- to D+, mostly E- to E+.. Nice. Never happened before. I just love the randomness of the game. Makes every game so different. Even though this was a small thing in the Cornellverse, it has never happened to me before in all of my games :)

In the third month of my NOTBPW game Tommy Cornell is out for 11 months with a herniated spinal disc! The man chosen to win his vacant World Title...Rocky Golden. We'll see how much longer TCW can stay above cult now.

In my current game I'm playing a national self-created fed that is semi-like the WWE just so I can get bit better grasp of the basics. Its primarily a male fed, but I added a women's division and created a small women-only fed in New England to use for training in hopes to someday have more than just eye-candy matches with the ladies, and didn't set an owner up for it. Michelle Brendon left AAA to take ownership of that fed, and I wound up having AAA declare war on me when I raided them for a couple prospects. Yet so far TCW, USPW and SWF (all much closer in size to me or more likely to be affected by my company's appearance) have left me alone.

Archived