Another TNA Release

maskedpropaganda

I have just read that TNA thought it a good idea to release James Mitchell. I think Mitchell is an awesome manager in the likeness of oldschool managers ala Grand Wizard. I LOVE Mitchell! He got me into Wrath & Mortis and his leadings of Tajiri and Whipwreck during the last days of ECW was classic as well. Sorry to see him unemployed.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;457687]Hopefully WWE will hire him, turn Kane heel and have Mitchell at his side. :cool:[/QUOTE] Maybe then I'll actually care about Kane. Anyone else miss him being a silent, masked, badass? And not some shaved, bad horror movie villian wannabe?

James Mitchell being released was a good idea I think. It's good for the fact that they are moving away from creepy angles and seem to be leaning towards straight forward stuff, which I personally like but I digress. It's also good as it allows James Mitchell to apply his craft elsewhere and not have to sit useless on the sidelines...and...it's a budget cut for TNA.

I think the problem was that they couldn't bring him back without getting Abyss involved with him. At this point I really don't wanna see a Mitchell and Abyss feud or partnership as we've seen it so many times in the past that it got really boring by the end. Abyss is a pretty damn decent worker and probably more valuable to the company than Mitchell so this was the only solution IMO. Wouldn't mind seeing Mitchell in the WWE. I reckon he'd end up on ECW but I think he'd be pretty damn awesome on that show and could really help put a young star on the map.

[QUOTE=scorpion;457792]the WWE isn't high on male managers, so I don't see him coming in.[/QUOTE] Agreed. For instance, why did they bother making Estrada into an active competitor if they only plan to job him all the time?

[QUOTE=scorpion;457792]the WWE isn't high on male managers, so I don't see him coming in.[/QUOTE] I agree now they don't for some reason. Back in the day they were a mainstay (Bobby the Brain, Capt. Lou, Wizard, Johnny V, Frenchy Martin, Humperdink, Jimmy Hart, Paul Bearer etc.) I miss those days. A good manager at your side can make all the difference. Vince wonders over and over why some guys don't get over with the fans or get any heat at all... give em Hart's megaphone or The Brain's witty and funny comments and they will be over the moon.

Archived