I've been a huge fan of the EWR/TEW series since the beginning of the 21st century. I've always loved every damn game Ryland has released. And every new version in the TEW series has topped the previous one in a huge way. Last year at this time I was playing TEW almost every day for lengthy periods of time and I absolutely loved it. Everything about it. But around November last year, I broke my laptop and lost everything that was in the hard drive. So no TEW for me. I couldn't really afford a new laptop until last February when I got a new job. And then Adam announced TEW 08. I was excited, of course. Then I started to anxiously wait for the newest installation in the TEW series I adored so much. Then it was a released a day early and I was so damn happy about it. But. I just don't enjoy it anymore. I just don't. I've tried to. Multiple times. But I just don't find the game fun to play anymore and I have no idea why. Absolutely no idea. Ever since TEW 05, I've always created an August 2002 mod from scratch and started playing as WWE. I have my reasons for that. And I've always made it to like 2003-2004 in a few weeks, but this time around I haven't made it past 2002. My interest just dies. Then I try to polish the mod and try again, but to no avail. The reason can't be the newest version of TEW, as they are pretty much one and the same with the previous version, except 08 has more features and such. So, what the hell is wrong with me? I really want to play TEW.

If you are always playing with the same data, try a new mod, or even the cornellverse itself. Chances are if you always start a game the same, the game is going to play out the same, and it gets boring. I experienced this with Eastside Hockey Manager. I found myself always signing the same players and winning cups around the same time, so I had to create new challenges.

I don't think that's it. I always play from 2002 because that's where WWE was in a situation where it could have gone everywhere. And I always push the promotion into new directions at the start of every game. And I've tried the CornellVerse, and I like it. But it's really not my thing. I did have a RoF savegame in the last version, though. I played it every now and then. But to me (and people are going to HATE so much for this) TEW has always been a game that I use for booking WWE.

maybe youre just burned out? my cycle has been like this: i stumbled upon the original and played moderately, but was very intrigued by a game of that sort. i wanted more. i honestly didnt like tew 04 all that much, and played sparingly. i attribute it to lack of pics ect, the game lacked personality with out pics (this is why i dont play real world mods. takes too long to set pics properly ect.) then came TEW 05 and i played the bejesus out if it. loved it, top to bottom. i was amped for 07 but some of the changes didnt seem to mesh well for me and i didnt play it all that much. i dove into WMMA and enjoyed the title until tew 08 came along. and WOW, im back playing a good amount. i feel the new features are more fleshed out, the ones from 07 seem to flow better and the game overall is fanatastic!!! theres my ryland games story.... :)

[QUOTE=TeemuFoundation;461058]So, what the hell is wrong with me? I really want to play TEW.[/QUOTE] Hey there, T. Ok, so we've established that you're not burnt out on playing 'the same thing all the time'. At least that doesn't feel like it to you. So then. A few things occure to me as possibilities for [U][I]why[/I][/U]... [CENTER] [SIZE="4"]__________________________________________________[/SIZE] [/CENTER] The first thing that jumps out at me is the fact you lost your computer that time. And lost [B][I]everything[/I][/B]. Could it be that, in the back of your mind, you worry/despair of loosing things again, and so your heart just isn't in it? I've been there / done that myself. The back of your mind can be a drag sometimes. If that's the case, relax, and take on an old axiom I use myself with computers: nothing is unfixable. Granted, it can be a pain sometimes, especially if you loose everything and have to start over from scratch. That can seem downright daunting. But you [B][I]can[/I][/B] do it. I've done it myself many, [I]many[/I] times. Just relax, make backups or whatever you think you have to do to raise your comfort level, and you'll find it lifts a weight off. And you just might start [B][I]loving[/I][/B] TEW again. [CENTER] [SIZE="4"]__________________________________________________[/SIZE] [/CENTER] Are you writing a diary? Sometimes, and I been there for that too, it can seem more of a demand than a joy. Maybe that's what's going on, and it's putting the breaks on your playing TEW entirely. If that's the case, relax. (See a pattern here? ;) ) Go ahead and stop writing the diary. There are a few writing projects myself that I've stopped over the years, either due to having expended my ideas, lost interest, or simply felt it was becoming a demand rather than a joy. So I stopped. That includes my own diary! And guess what? One day, I thought back on my diary, and how I loved it (and still do!). And I started back in again. And meantime, at the very least, I didn't feel in the back of my mind I needed to stop playing TEW!! [CENTER] [SIZE="4"]__________________________________________________[/SIZE] [/CENTER] Did you get a girlfriend? Get married?! Get another/better/more demanding job? Develop another hobby (or hobbies!) you enjoy? Perhaps you... should I say it?... I think I can say that here... people are open minded... Ok, here goes... I'll say it quiet so maybe no one else will hear: [SIZE="1"]Maybe you've developed interests outside of TEW that you like better, and TEW is cutting into your time doing that.[/SIZE] There. I said it, sad though it may be. Are you in fact amped out over something [B][I]else[/I][/B] you prefer to do? It's ok if you are. No, really! Thing is, it's your dime, it's your time, and you should do whatever your heart desires. I'm willing to bet that if that's the case, you feel TEW is getting in the way of other things you like better. If that's the case, just relax (yep. Definitely a pattern there... :cool:) and [I][U]let go[/U][/I]. Follow your bliss. And perhaps a strange thing will happen... You'll end up doing everything [B][I]BUT[/I][/B] TEW. And you'll be happier. And then, one day, you'll remember the good times you had playing TEW. You'll remember the fun you had posting to these boards so people who love and respect you could read it and talk back. Actual conversation. And looking back, you'll find that since you're doing things you love, you don't feel any preasure to stay away. You are, after all, free to do whatever you want. And you just might dig TEW out again. One more game. For old times' sake. If that's the case, when and if that happens... I'll be one of the first ones to welcome you back. :D

Haha NordVolf.. How much are you gonna charge Teemu for that terapeutic analysis? :D But yeah, definedly a burnout of TEW. I had one when playing TEW07 and taking MAW to Global. After that I just couldn't get myself in to the game anymore. The game was just too easy, as it only took time. :)

[QUOTE=TeemuFoundation;461093]Oh my.. God.[/QUOTE] [I]Ah [B]HAH[/B][/I]! I think we're getting somewhere, folks! I either offended him, missed completely, or hit the nail on the head... :rolleyes: Teemu, if I offended, sorry dude. Just trying to help and grasping at straws. Rediculous straws, but straws none-the-less.

I've been playing since the EWD days and i expirence a burnout every once in awhile in ewr it was easier because if you where burned but wanted to keep going you could autobook the t.v. shows but now it is a little harder. Usualy I'll just play a month or two of game time the turn it off for a few hours until I feel the need to play again it works for me, and I am a guy who played until the forced retirement of 20 years in EWD. Wow I just relizied I've been playing the Extreme Warfare/Wrestling for like 11 years, And I've only missed out on playing two in the series being TEW 04 and 05. I even dabbled in Wrestling Spirit but the lack of mods killed it for me

[QUOTE=NordVolf;461454][I]Ah [B]HAH[/B][/I]! I think we're getting somewhere, folks! I either offended him, missed completely, or hit the nail on the head... :rolleyes: Teemu, if I offended, sorry dude. Just trying to help and grasping at straws. Rediculous straws, but straws none-the-less.[/QUOTE] Hah, no, not at all. I actually think you simply nailed it. Right now, I'm doing fine with my current girlfriend, I like my new job and I have money to travel and see my friends more. That.. that might be it. Maybe I now possess this "life" as they call it. And about my hair, trust me, the girls LOVE it. Nothing gets girls more wild than well-trimmed, long, shiny great hair. (And yes, it's a matter of opinions and taste, don't take mee too seriously :) )

Teemu! I totally agree with you in every conceivable way. I have the same problem. I never feel like playing the latest one. It's just, I don't know. I bought it on the first day, played it for a few days, then boom, I never touched it again. Maybe there's just something that's missing. Though, I will download the D.O.T.T mod and try it to see if it can reinstate my excitement for the game.

I think we all go through this from time to time. With 07, I played a game when it came out for a number of game years, then stopped. I don't think I even visited the boards once in about 2 months. Then had a bit of spare time, started a game, did a diary and really got into it, partly because of the feedback I was getting. Stopped the diary when 08 came out. Thought I'd just play around with it a bit to understand the mechanics. And just haven't been able to get into it yet. Part of the reason is definitely time constraints - if I'm playing a game, I like to do it regularly. As soon as I leave it alone for a week, I forget where I'm up to. Part of it is also the same company syndrome. I like playing ROF, but I'm a bit burned out with them, which is probably how you are with WWE. At the moment I'm lacking time to play, so I'm just keeping in touch with things on the forums but the game itself hasn't been used in about 3 weeks on my computer. I've got a bit more spare time in a couple of weeks so will probably start to fiddle then and try to get a good game going once the C-verse update is out. But seriously, Teemu...you're not the only one. At the moment I'm playing a lot of Civilization IV. At other times it might be an RPG. One game usually commands my attention at once. At the moment it isn't TEW. But it probably will be again before too long.

I'm gonna have to hijack this thread for one post: I just caught myself sitting here, at 3:30AM, reading these forums and listening to "Shania Twain - I'm Gonna Getcha" THE TECHNO VERSION and enjoying it. You probably think "Hey, what's wrong with reading forums at half past three in the morning!?" and you're right, it was mostly the soundtrack of it all that got me worried. It was actually quite disturbing when I realized the whole situation, and I thought "What's wrong with me?" and then I thought of this thread (naturally..) Sorry for the threadjacking, I'll go sit in a corner now:o

I dont know how "thrilling" this sounds to you, but try creating a local fed and build up from scratch. It breaks the monotony of having decent workers and it's actually hard and exciting work battling for position with the smaller feds with the not so famiiar names

Archived