Biggest WWE Underachievers

lordprimeau25

[QUOTE=Prophet;473661]And one they are definitely dropping the ball on now, is Elijah Burke. Why he isn't on television every week, with the mic in his hand, is beyond me. In my opinion, Burke is genius.[/QUOTE] I feel dumb. I completely forgot to mention him, I am glad you brought him up. His stuff with the new breed was fantastic. Burke is very charismatic and I think he has a unique move-set (I love the 4up!). They need to get on the ball with home or for all I care he can go showcase his talents in TNA.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Prophet;473661] And one they are definitely dropping the ball on now, is Elijah Burke. Why he isn't on television every week, with the mic in his hand, is beyond me. In my opinion, Burke is genius.[/QUOTE] Game over. You win the thread. Why Burke isn't holding all WWE titles at ONCE much less getting any air time is BEYOND me. The man has the look, the talent, the charisma and the mic skills. Why they bloody hell is this guy not on my screen?!

Yay, I win! Sorry. Now, I could be wrong here, which isn't anything new for me, but didn't Elijah's lack of existance on television happen shortly after his appearance on the Ghost Hunters halloween show? I only ask because it could be seen that his screaming, and running into the night at 1:45 am or so, could be a knock against him, thus causing his being wiped off tv. [URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DETRtwmNGt8]Burke Ghost Hunting[/URL] for those who may have missed it. If it was me, though, I'd give Burke the Cabana gig. Rename it, obviously, but the man has such a presence about him, and his ability to jaw with just about anyone is amazing. He needs a shot, and since his feud with CM Punk, almost a year ago, he hasn't been given a chance to have one, which is just sad.

Haha classic! I never saw that before... Elijah got skuuuuurrrd!! But seriously, the kid can go in the ring. He's got a tremendous look and great charisma. There is likely something going on that we don't know about because common knowledge would tell you Elijah is an asset in every sense.

Honestly, that's exactly what I think about everytime I see him. I laugh out loud, as does my son who happens to show that exact link at least three or four times a week to us (my wife and I). But I do aggree that Burke has something.... Believability in the main event, no where near it yet. However, I could see him legitimately being built up into it, and if they needed someone that would definately be one to look at.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Carlito. I see him and Shelton as opposites. Shelton has no charisma and no ability to connect with the crowd, WWE continues to give him opportunities due to his great athletic ability. Carlito on the other hand is seldom given an opportunity likely because WWE feels he is charismatic enough and solid enough in the ring to just go out there and get insta-heat. Then when of course it doesn't happen, they stifle him more which really prohibits a guy who good do some good midcard work from getting over.

John Morrison, in my opinion hes the most talented guy on the ECW roster. The dirt sheet is the only reason to go on WWE.com, the guy has an awesome look, his own personality and the ring skills to boot. I also liked his work with the IC belt more so than when he was ECW champion but I think he defo should be in a main event slot anyday now, 2 of his more memorable singles feud opponents(Jeff Hardy& CM Punk) have went onto bigger and better things so why has he went seemingly backwards?

[QUOTE=Prophet;473661] I also think Steven Richards is grossly underused. The guy is talented, and has made every gimmick he's had, from the daisy duke wearing Raven lackey to the RTC head work, in my opinion, anyway. [/QUOTE] I second that sir.

[QUOTE=Superkevd;474029]John Morrison, in my opinion hes the most talented guy on the ECW roster. The dirt sheet is the only reason to go on WWE.com, the guy has an awesome look, his own personality and the ring skills to boot. I also liked his work with the IC belt more so than when he was ECW champion but I think he defo should be in a main event slot anyday now, 2 of his more memorable singles feud opponents(Jeff Hardy& CM Punk) have went onto bigger and better things so why has he went seemingly backwards?[/QUOTE] He lacks charisma, bassically. In my opinion I find him hard to listen to. I think him and Shelton are in the same category, as they have both had many times, to showcase, but never really get anywhere. The thing is, they are both great at "Making" other's, so I cannot see them not being thought of as very important to management.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;474408]He lacks charisma, bassically. In my opinion I find him hard to listen to. I think him and Shelton are in the same category, as they have both had many times, to showcase, but never really get anywhere. The thing is, they are both great at "Making" other's, so I cannot see them not being thought of as very important to management.[/QUOTE] The Dirt Sheet has pretty much cemented me as a John Morrison mark. He's been given that time to develop a character, and work on his mic skills. He's a definite step up from Shelton in my book, but practice makes perfect.

To whomever said that The Rock just got better when his attitude started shining through, yeah, he got better than before. But when he returned from Hollywood the first time (Scorpion King) he was light years ahead of what he'd been before, thanks I'm guessing, to a bit of Hollywood experience. As for underachievers, it's difficult to say. Yang is not an underachiever, in my opinion, because he won't be used as more than filler. Not his fault, that's his role. I'd say my underachievers would be people more in the vein of the big guys they try to push but don't succeed with. I mean, those are truly underachievers if you are given a great opportunity that's squandered. Otherwise, it's a misuse. So going by that, I'd say Snitsky. People like that. Though I guess it may be a misuse as well, since Heyman would have probably hidden his flaws much as he did with 911.

[QUOTE=Self;474437]The Dirt Sheet has pretty much cemented me as a John Morrison mark. He's been given that time to develop a character, and work on his mic skills. He's a definite step up from Shelton in my book, but practice makes perfect.[/QUOTE] As seen on the "Dirt Sheet" tonight on ECW, his skill on the mic is much the same as ussual in front of a crowd. I'm going to say this though. There was a point when Tony Atlas come down, when Morrison sounded like a normal guy for a second. This impressed me for some reason, because he sounded realistic, something that you would think he might say for real. I think it went like "Yes, missunderstanding, we are just doing the dirt sheet and always mess around like that, nothing but fun". I know that isn't exactly it, because it was smaller for one, but I liked him for a second there. That's what I'm waiting to come out of him bassically. He is always sounding so..... "Fake" all the time, even when with MNM. That's why I liked Mercury so much better... thought he was worlds better and never could understand why it seemed to concentrate on Nitro more. I liked Nitro in the ring, but Mercury impressed me on the mic.. Sounded realistic. Same way I like Miz better right now. However, if Morrison breaks out of that weird "I'm trying to make my voice sound deeper then what it is" thing, I think I could actually get behind him a bit more. Also, dug the woman yelling at him tonight, maybe that might give him a bit more confidence next time he does that silly stuff (which also always looks forced/unnatural.. Look at my body!).

I think Morrison's problem, at least now, is he has this odd conflict of gimmicks. Maybe it's just me, but he seems to bounce back and forth between "chick magnet" and "laid back Jim Morrison" types. I don't know if he's trying to morph it into an amalgam, or if he's still channelling Nitro at points, but that's my big "problem" with him. Probably just me, though. I have to admit, though, I am a fan of the Miz. I think he's made progress by leaps and bounds since his debut as a Smackdown diva dance off orator, with that silly hoorah nonsense. (Nothing against the actual word, it's just something I associate with marines, and Miz doesn't strike me as a marine type.) I also considered Carlito, but in thinking about it, Carlito's not really underutilized, I don't think. Well, now he is, because he isn't on television, but Carlito seems like a steady midcard type. The IC belt, the US title, whatever, but he's like a bridge performer, to me. Solid in ring work, good on the mic, and maybe it's just that "he looks better being beaten, than doling out the punishment" flair to him. *Shrugs* Again, just my opinion.

He's the Tuesday Night Delight! "I'm going to try to put base in my voice, but it sounds really phony coming out of me, because I am totally monotone while doing it." Laid back is one thing, absolutely sounding like your trying to remember your script, at the same time trying to make your voice something it isn't is another. Kennedy can do laid back, but sometimes too laid back. MVP gets TOO worked up too fast sometimes. But both are worlds different from Morrison. I aggree with your comment though. Carlito seems to fit that position right now. I think he could easily move around from lower to upper though. I honestly thought the Flair thing was going to bring the Upper end out of him eventually. Now I think it's something that only Flair was seeing, and possibly asked to help him out. Then Creative took it in the wrong direction. I do think he could do the good guy role alot better then he does the bad guy though. A ****y good guy is something lacking lately, no one is really pulling that off (maybe Kennedy is, but we need more). One thought always comes to me when I think of Carlito though. I always think of the Rock when he is around. I don't know what it is, but I think to myself... work out a bit, cut the hair...... Hmm.

I haven't seen ECW yet, so I may be a bit off with this. I like Morrison's "deeper" voice. For some reason it entertains me. Perhaps because he's playing a character, as opposed to just being himself. With all of those real name guys in their short trunks and slightly ****y attitudes, I think "So what?" at least Morrison seems to be presenting something different. Eventually, he can become the 'real' John Morrison, complete with actual voice and 'normal' personallity, but for now I'm happy with him playing a character. I can imagine how his 'deeper' voice would come off a little phoney when in the ring though. MVP and Kennedy are indeed better (although Kennedy is a bit Road Dogg-ish) but Morrison... He entertains me. I can't really say anything more than that.

[QUOTE=Self;475252]I haven't seen ECW yet, so I may be a bit off with this. I like Morrison's "deeper" voice. For some reason it entertains me. Perhaps because [B]he's playing a character[/B], as opposed to just being himself. With all of those real name guys in their short trunks and slightly ****y attitudes, I think "So what?" at least Morrison seems to be presenting something different. Eventually, he can become the 'real' John Morrison, complete with actual voice and 'normal' personallity, but for now I'm happy with him playing a character. I can imagine how his 'deeper' voice would come off a little phoney when in the ring though. MVP and Kennedy are indeed better (although Kennedy is a bit Road Dogg-ish) but Morrison... He entertains me. I can't really say anything more than that.[/QUOTE] Perhaps I'm wrong in thinking this, but it's not supposed to be so "OBVIOUS" that he's acting as if he were someone else. Maybe he just sucks at acting, and that's my problem, I don't know. However, I'm curious. If he come off believable, relaxed, and confident in the way he talks, would that make him better to you? It would mean the world to me is why I ask. Triple H to me, is the epitamy of relaxed, confident, and believable. I actually think I'm watching how the guy really is in real life. However, HBK comes off as "forced" quite a bit of the time, as does Cena. I'm using the bigger stars on purpose to get my point accross more of what I'm talking about.

I'm going to go off on a bit of a tangent. I'll try to meander to a point. I like traditional wrestling, with real guys, engaging in hold-for-hold technical battles, fighting to be the best. It entertains me. However, exagerated characters and wacky gimmicks entertain me more. It's the fundamental difference I have from a lot of internet fans. If you've read any of my efed stuff, it's clear to see. Wrestling, and WWE in particular, is a variety show. I totally agree that you need all of these main event guys, who can be seen as normal people, who audiences can relate to. Ideally, these guys need to be able to talk in a confident, natural fashion. Now that he's on Smackdown and I have time to watch his promos, I've started liking Triple H. Edge is awesome. MVP is mostly great. Kennedy is improving. Batista has played his role well. You need all of these guys. However, you also need Jimmy Wang Yang. You need gimmicky guys for whom casual fans don't need to know the backstory. They just think "[I]Holy f*** Asian Cowboy!". [/I]A lot of people will sit up and pay attention to that, as opposed to "[I]Hmm. Some guy with long hair is talking. He seems very confident and self-assured... Wow. He wants to hurt this guy. I think I'll keep watching[/I]." I'm sure both happen. Different strokes for different folks. Variety is key. I like Morrison's character. Would I like him better if he were in the typical Main Event mould? Maybe. Maybe not. I would love it if someday he evolved into that style, but I don't see the need just yet. I want to enjoy the gimmicky version for a bit. Shawn Michaels playing a Rent Boy paved the way for who he is now. I don't think I'd like him as much if he hadn't played that character first. One of my problems with a lot of the new guys, is they don't have that gimmick to fall back on. Batista is a big guy... So? Kennedy can say his own name (twice)... Huh? Carlito hates people that aren't cool... I don't even know what that means? They're fine, but they don't sparkle for me, which is purely down to my own particular tastes.

[QUOTE=lordprimeau25;475214]I agree with what you are saying, given the opportunity was there, but shame on WWE for ever pushing some of these guys. Snitsky, [B]Khali [/B]is, was, were, and never [B]will be anything worth watching...[/B][/QUOTE] Disagree with the bolded. Khali is a spectacle. When he squared off against Rey Rey I was on the edge of my seat.

[QUOTE=Self;475268]Disagree with the bolded. Khali is a spectacle. When he squared off against Rey Rey I was on the edge of my seat.[/QUOTE] I actually agree with this to an extent. Khali never will be anything in the ring what so ever. But due to his size he is always great to see. At the last 2 Smackdown house shows i've been at he got amazingly good pops, despite being a heel.

[QUOTE=Self;475264]I'm going to go off on a bit of a tangent. I'll try to meander to a point. I like traditional wrestling, with real guys, engaging in hold-for-hold technical battles, fighting to be the best. It entertains me. However, exagerated characters and wacky gimmicks entertain me more. It's the fundamental difference I have from a lot of internet fans. If you've read any of my efed stuff, it's clear to see. Wrestling, and WWE in particular, is a variety show. I totally agree that you need all of these main event guys, who can be seen as normal people, who audiences can relate to. Ideally, these guys need to be able to talk in a confident, natural fashion. Now that he's on Smackdown and I have time to watch his promos, I've started liking Triple H. Edge is awesome. MVP is mostly great. Kennedy is improving. Batista has played his role well. You need all of these guys. However, you also need Jimmy Wang Yang. You need gimmicky guys for whom casual fans don't need to know the backstory. They just think "[I]Holy f*** Asian Cowboy!". [/I]A lot of people will sit up and pay attention to that, as opposed to "[I]Hmm. Some guy with long hair is talking. He seems very confident and self-assured... Wow. He wants to hurt this guy. I think I'll keep watching[/I]." I'm sure both happen. Different strokes for different folks. Variety is key. I like Morrison's character. Would I like him better if he were in the typical Main Event mould? Maybe. Maybe not. I would love it if someday he evolved into that style, but I don't see the need just yet. I want to enjoy the gimmicky version for a bit. Shawn Michaels playing a Rent Boy paved the way for who he is now. I don't think I'd like him as much if he hadn't played that character first. One of my problems with a lot of the new guys, is they don't have that gimmick to fall back on. Batista is a big guy... So? Kennedy can say his own name (twice)... Huh? Carlito hates people that aren't cool... I don't even know what that means? They're fine, but they don't sparkle for me, which is purely down to my own particular tastes.[/QUOTE] Yep, I think you missed my whole point. My point is that he looks entirely uncomfortable with the gimmick. I would appreciate the gimmick and like it alot more if he could make it a believable gimmick. Hopefully that sums up my point better, because you keep talking about the gimmick itself. The gimmick itself I have nothing against, and quite like it. It's the way he handle's it. [QUOTE=Self;475268]Disagree with the bolded. Khali is a spectacle. When he squared off against Rey Rey I was on the edge of my seat.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;475273]I actually agree with this to an extent. Khali never will be anything in the ring what so ever. But due to his size he is always great to see. At the last 2 Smackdown house shows i've been at he got amazingly good pops, despite being a heel.[/QUOTE] Going to pitch in here as well. Giants are money, no matter who hates them (actually, the more hated the more money;)). That guy looks menacing, and popping a football or basketball in his hands doesn't hurt the menacing part at all. It's totally believable he could squish a guys head in, catch someones fist and break their bones, break an arm, leg, etc. He don't have to know how to wrestle, just how to make it look like it hurts (NOW THAT, he could work on, as even when it does hurt, he always looks like he is trying not to hurt someone). The only way to convincingly beat him, is to be ALOT faster, or be his size or strength level.

It's more realistic for a Giant to have a limited move set, limited movements, otherwise what chance does anyone else have? How would you run a Pay-Per-View match where the heel gets the heat, and then gives the face the rope to call the ball? I just don't see Giant's doing figure fours, I don't see them doing hurricanranas (FTR as I understand it the Giant [Paul Wight] was performing moonsaults in the WCW Powerplant), but hells bells they generally draw.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;475283]Yep, I think you missed my whole point. My point is that he looks entirely uncomfortable with the gimmick. I would appreciate the gimmick and like it alot more if he could make it a believable gimmick. Hopefully that sums up my point better, because you keep talking about the gimmick itself. The gimmick itself I have nothing against, and quite like it. It's the way he handle's it.[/QUOTE] Clearly I did miss your point :) He comes off pretty well in the WWE.com Dirt Sheet segments (personal opinion) but... Yeah. I haven't seen ECW yet, so maybe live, in front of a crowd, he doesn't fare too well with it.

[QUOTE=Self;475307]Clearly I did miss your point :) He comes off pretty well in the WWE.com Dirt Sheet segments (personal opinion) but... Yeah. I haven't seen ECW yet, so maybe live, in front of a crowd, he doesn't fare too well with it.[/QUOTE] Exactly! You got it, and I aggree with the web "Dirt Sheet". My wife and I enjoyed the Indiana Jones rip off the most I think. But you get my point finally!

Archived