[hype & Feedback] Cornellverse 1986

[QUOTE=benjacko;540576]I had planned to have Blackjack Robbins working for the Texas Wrestling League but he'd have only been a opener at most. It's not a big thing if I put him as unemployed as I can easily find someone to replace him in TWL :). I've not had the opportunity to do much editing as i've had PC problems but I plan to really push on with it over the weekend. Like jtlant says, there will be new workers created as most of the promotions wouldn't have enough active workers to start with plus having a few workers starting unemployed can only be good for the player and AI to pad out rosters.[/QUOTE] Interesting... but like I said, I've read what info there is about Blackjack... while its possible that he could've worked for TWL, it appears he never worked for any promotion of "name" value until XFW and then SCCW. Of course, the 1997 mod suggests he didn't get a start until late in his life, though the Default database suggests he actually debuted in 1982. Yes, I have far too much time on my hands. Far, far too much time. BUT, I'd almost think it'd be cruel to say "Blackjack Robbins worked for three companies: TWL, XFW, and then SCCW, all of which went under while he was employed there" Though this is the creation of you folks working on it... no need to listen to the crazy guy who wants Blackjack Robbins all to himself. Good mods aren't based on the one crazy person wanting to do that.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=benjacko;540590]If it'll keep you sane then I'll put him unemployed :).[/QUOTE] Little late to save my sanity, hence the fact that I already know far too much about the CornellVerse than I should and now want to build a company in the 1980s around Blackjack Robbins. But thanks anyways. I'm sure there's another generic brawler who can fill his shoes.

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE=benjacko;577359]It's moving along slowly as waiting on the 75 updated data to come out so might need to change things in the data but it will be done :).[/QUOTE] ok cool..im looking forward to it...if you need any help with this to get it released quicker ,testing etc just give me a shout.

• 2 months later...
[QUOTE=SWF2K9;622472]is this dead? no posts for 2 months EDIT: So this is dead then, oh well.[/QUOTE] People not responding in two hours is definitely all the indicator you need, yeah! In seriousness - it's possible it may be. But certainly jtlant was doing a lot of the renders and he's been busy with the final push to get the 75 mod out the door. Whether data's being worked on, I don't know.

Nope, it's not dead. We stopped work on it several months ago so that it could be brought in line with the revamped 75 mod when it was released. Now that it is, work will continue. It will take us a while to reorganize creatively after seeing the new 75 data and then we'll take it from there. Work on this is ongoing, but I wouldn't expect a release in the immediate future. I don't want to speak for benjacko, but I'd be more inclined to release a more polished mod several months down the line rather than rushing to finish now, and I'd imagine the majority on here would agree with that choice. :D

[QUOTE=SWF2K9;624015]is there a release date?... or month?[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=jtlant;623580]Now that it is, work will continue. It will take us a while to reorganize creatively after seeing the new 75 data and then we'll take it from there. Work on this is ongoing, but [B]I wouldn't expect a release in the immediate future. [/B] I don't want to speak for benjacko, but I'd be [B]more inclined to release a more polished mod several months down the line[/B] rather than rushing to finish now, and I'd imagine the majority on here would agree with that choice. :D[/QUOTE] When the mod team are reorganising and assessing, a release date really can't be fixed.

• 2 months later...
[QUOTE=benjacko;673376]It's not dead :) I need to catch up with jtlant to see how his Japan data is coming along and I'm slowly getting the USA together.[/QUOTE] COME TOGETHER FASTER!!! /calming down Glad to know its not dead, as this seems like it could be an EXCELLENT mod. Heck, once its done there won't be too many more historical mods capable of being made. Maybe one in around 2002, and I've contemplated the idea of a CVerse 1960s mod, which would basically be about four companies and a mass of unemployed workers.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;673381]Heck, once its done there won't be too many more historical mods capable of being made. [B]Maybe one in around 2002[/B], and I've contemplated the idea of a CVerse 1960s mod, which would basically be about four companies and a mass of unemployed workers.[/QUOTE] That's the one i'd love to see, above all else. It's recent, but not *too* recent, and it's not so far in the past that you have to dilute it by making up a million and one extra characters which just convolutes the whole canon. But anyway... 2002, yeah!

Archived