[hype & Feedback] Cornellverse 1986

The year is August 1986 and Sam Strong is about to face Rip Chord in another classic battle for the SWF World Heavyweight title. SWF are continuing to push nearly all the other US promotions out of business but TWL are just about hanging in there. CWF remain the dominant promotion in Canada but the Dan Stone led NOTBPW is starting to build a name for themselves. The two promotions have a working agreement to share workers but don't be surprised if that is scrapped in the near future. MPWF continues to gain ground on OLLIE in a brewing battle for dominance in Mexico. GCG have fallen on hard times due to what many people feel were bad business and booking decisions from their owner Hanshiro Furusawa and BHOTWG are dominating as the number one promotion in Japan. [B][U]Game Start Date[/U][/B] August 1986 Promotions = 15 Workers = ????? Promotion Pacts = ????? Alter Egos = ????? Worker Relations = ????? Tag Teams = ????? Stables = ????? Titles = ????? Title Lineage = ????? [B][U]USA[/U][/B] [B]ACTIVE[/B] SWF (National) TWL (Regional) AWS (Regional) [B]YET TO DEBUT[/B] NYCW (Sep 1988) CZCW (Aug 1990) DaVE (Sep 1992) 3PW (Feb 1993) RPW (Jan 1994) AMW (Jan 1995) XFW (Oct 1995) AAA (Feb 1996) NEW (Sep 1996) HGC (Dec 1996) SCCW (Mar 1998) USPW (Jul 2001) MAW (Oct 2005) BSC (Feb 2006) RIPW (Aug 2006) FCW (Sep 2007) QAW (Apr 2009) PWC (June 2010) XWA (Aug 2011) [B][U]Canada[/U][/B] [B]ACTIVE[/B] CWF (National) NOTBPW (Cult) [B]YET TO DEBUT[/B] CGC (May 1990) 4C (Nov 1996) ACPW (Aug 2008) CWWF (Mar 2009) QPW (May 2010) [B][U]Mexico[/U][/B] [B]ACTIVE[/B] OLLIE (National) MPWF (Regional) [B]YET TO DEBUT[/B] SOTBPW (Aug 1998) MHW (Feb 2008) WAM (Jan 2010) [B][U]Japan[/U][/B] [B]ACTIVE[/B] BHOTWG (National) GCG (Cult) JPWW (Regional) CFA (Regional) Hinote Dojo (Regional) 5SSW (Regional) [B]YET TO DEBUT[/B] PGHW (July 1996) WLW (Dec 2000) SAISHO (Feb 2002) WEXXV (Nov 2005) INSPIRE (May 2006) EX2010 (May 2010) WINNOW (Sep 2010) JCW (Oct 2011) TIER 1 (May 2012) [B][U]UK/Europe[/U][/B] [B]ACTIVE[/B] MOSC (Regional) RWA (Small) [B]YET TO DEBUT[/B] UCR (Apr 1998) ROF (Sep 1998) 21CW (Jan 2001) BPW (Apr 2009) CWW (Jul 2010) ELPF (Aug 2010) [B][U]Australia[/U][/B] [B]YET TO DEBUT[/B] APW (Feb 2007) I'll be updating this post as I go along with the modding. It's just a basic backstory for now but I'll add to it as I get further along with the mod. Any help or advice would be much appreciated :).

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][U]USA[/U][/B] [B]ACTIVE[/B] SWF (National) TWL (Regional) [B]YET TO DEBUT[/B] NYCW (Sep 1988) CZCW (Aug 1990) DaVE (Sep 1992) 3PW (Feb 1993) RPW (Jan 1994) AMW (Jan 1995) XFW (Oct 1995) AAA (Feb 1996) NEW (Sep 1996) HGC (Dec 1996) SCCW (Mar 1998) USPW (Jul 2005) MAW (Oct 2005) BSC (Feb 2006) RIPW (Aug 2006) FCW (Sep 2007) QAW (Apr 2009) PWC (June 2010) XWA (Aug 2011) [B][U]Canada[/U][/B] [B]ACTIVE[/B] CWF (National) NOTBPW (Cult) [B]YET TO DEBUT[/B] CGC (May 1990) 4C (Nov 1996) ACPW (Aug 2008) CWWF (Mar 2009) QPW (May 2010) [B][U]Mexico[/U][/B] [B]ACTIVE[/B] OLLIE (National) MPWF (Regional) [B]YET TO DEBUT[/B] SOTBPW (Aug 1998) MHW (Feb 2008) WAM (Jan 2010) [B][U]Japan[/U][/B] [B]ACTIVE[/B] BHOTWG (National) GCG (Cult) 5SSW (Small) [B]YET TO DEBUT[/B] PGHW (July 1996) WLW (Dec 2000) SAISHO (Feb 2002) WEXXV (Nov 2005) INSPIRE (May 2006) EX2010 (May 2010) WINNOW (Sep 2010) JCW (Oct 2011) TIER 1 (May 2012) [B][U]UK/Europe[/U][/B] [B]ACTIVE[/B] MOSC (Regional) RWA (Small) [B]YET TO DEBUT[/B] UCR (Apr 1998) ROF (Sep 1998) 21CW (Jan 2001) BPW (Apr 2009) CWW (Jul 2010) ELPF (Aug 2010) [B][U]Australia[/U][/B] [B]YET TO DEBUT[/B] APW (Feb 2007) This is the current promotion list with a few USA ones removed thanks to Mr T's help :).

I've got 5SSW in the first post Midnightnick, added them when i was going through the debut dates :) ta anyway though. I plan to get a beta version together so I'll need a few testers to help me to check things and find things to take out/add in etc.

[quote=benjacko;508322]I've got 5SSW in the first post Midnightnick, added them when i was going through the debut dates :) ta anyway though. I plan to get a beta version together so I'll need a few testers to help me to check things and find things to take out/add in etc.[/quote] I swore I didn't see them listed when I posted

[QUOTE=benjacko;508322]I've got 5SSW in the first post Midnightnick, added them when i was going through the debut dates :) ta anyway though. I plan to get a beta version together so I'll need a few testers to help me to check things and find things to take out/add in etc.[/QUOTE] pm me if you need a tester or any workers made etc

AWS is the American Wrestling Syndicate which I had the idea of being run by the former owners of AAFW, APWF and CPW as a last ditch effort to take on the powerhouse of SWF. Their roster will be a combination of the old promotion's workers plus some up and comers. It's to give people a couple of choices when playing in the USA.

Creative license is important. You want a database that is playable above all else, which is why there are so many created characters in my own data. Rather than it being perfectly historically accurate it should be playable. :) Also, according to the Cverse97 there was a Golden Canvas Grappling: Women's Wrestling still around in your timeframe. Check out the title histories for more info. :cool:

Basmat01 is now working on the Australia region so that'll speed things up :). Currently compiling roster lists to see what gaps need filling as I work out who's retired from the 75 roster and also who would be working in the 86 time period from the 97 and Cornellverse data.

[B][U]USA[/U][/B] [B][U]SWF (National)[/U][/B] Ace Freeze - Alex Braun American Giant Cap'n Crush Christian Faith Corporal Doom Crippler Ray Kingman Curt O'Malley Drake Oberlin Hollywood Mike Kinsey Land Mass Marcus McKing Mayhem Midden Micky Starr Mighty Thor Papa Voodoo Professor Nero Rico Santino Rip Chord Robbie Gordon Rudolph Gray Sam Keith Sam Sparrow Sam Strong Disco Stu & Dancin' Rick Dusty Streets & Sid Streets Joey Flame & Teddy Flame Warlord Agony & Warlord Pain Richard Eisen (Authority Figure & Owner) Beautiful Babette (Manager) Coach Dick Pangrazzio (Manager) The Rainbow Warrior (Manager) Bob Johnson (Announcer) Jason Azaria (Color Commentator) Antonio Moretti (Road Agent) Jay Fair (Referee) [B][U]TWL (Regional)[/U][/B] Archie Judge Barry Bowen - Runaway Train Black Hat Bailey Blackjack Robbins Captain USA Chief Two Eagles Crazy Eyes McGrew The Masked Patriot - Duncan Kendall Elijah Black - Elijah Harris Kenny O'Quinn Johnny Boy Tucker Lee Wright Nemesis Peter Valentine Runaway Train Sheik Mustafa The Brooklyn Punk The Masked Mauler - The Stomper Travis Century Whisky Jack Whistler Floyd Bowman, Mean Mark Green & Trailer Park Kid Ace McQueen & Black Jack Demon Anger & Demon Spite Derek Barnes & The Night Rider The Lone Star Stampeder (Owner) Shane Sneer (Manager) Peter Michaels (Announcer) Darren Smith (Referee) [B][U]AWS (Regional)[/U][/B] Arnold Westberry Bobby Linquist Brick Fantana Brutus McBride Chris Candle Dewey Libertine Fabulous Frank Giant Redwood Mike Barstow Pat Deacon Preston Holt Randall Hopkirk Rock Downpour Stuart Ferdinand The Minnesota Mauler Ty Walls Floyd Goldworthy (Manager) Herb Stately (Manager) Major WG Reginald III (Manager) Cliff Anderson (Announcer) Danny Jillefski (Color Commentator) Michael Bull (Referee) [B][U]North West Women's Wrestling (Regional)[/U][/B] Anne Stardust Layla Smile Matilda Hegstrand Melissa Monroe Misty Winters Thought i'd put up a rough roster list as it stands for the US promotions but they're bound to chop and change alot before the final mod. Still going through things as I work out who I think would have retired/died since 75 then I'll be going through the 97 rosters to see who would have been around in 86 who I can use to flesh out the rosters. I plan to have at least 1 announcer, 1 colour commentator, 1 road agent and 1 referee for each promotion in the world to give people a good starting point. I'll also be making a few new workers to bulk up the amount of workers, especially in mexico and the uk.

[QUOTE=benjacko;509016][B][U]USA[/U][/B] [B][U]SWF (National)[/U][/B] Ace Freeze - Alex Braun American Giant Cap'n Crush Christian Faith Corporal Doom Crippler Ray Kingman Curt O'Malley Drake Oberlin Hollywood Mike Kinsey Land Mass Marcus McKing Mayhem Midden Micky Starr Mighty Thor Papa Voodoo Professor Nero Rico Santino Rip Chord Robbie Gordon Rudolph Gray Sam Keith Sam Sparrow Sam Strong Disco Stu & Dancin' Rick Dusty Streets & Sid Streets Joey Flame & Teddy Flame Warlord Agony & Warlord Pain Richard Eisen (Authority Figure & Owner) Beautiful Babette (Manager) Coach Dick Pangrazzio (Manager) The Rainbow Warrior (Manager) Bob Johnson (Announcer) Jason Azaria (Color Commentator) Antonio Moretti (Road Agent) Jay Fair (Referee) [B][U]TWL (Regional)[/U][/B] Archie Judge Barry Bowen - Runaway Train Black Hat Bailey Blackjack Robbins Captain USA Chief Two Eagles Crazy Eyes McGrew The Masked Patriot - Duncan Kendall Elijah Black - Elijah Harris Kenny O'Quinn Johnny Boy Tucker Lee Wright Nemesis Peter Valentine Runaway Train Sheik Mustafa The Brooklyn Punk The Masked Mauler - The Stomper Travis Century Whisky Jack Whistler Floyd Bowman, Mean Mark Green & Trailer Park Kid Ace McQueen & Black Jack Demon Anger & Demon Spite Derek Barnes & The Night Rider The Lone Star Stampeder (Owner) Shane Sneer (Manager) Peter Michaels (Announcer) Darren Smith (Referee) [B][U]AWS (Regional)[/U][/B] Arnold Westberry Bobby Linquist Brick Fantana Brutus McBride Chris Candle Dewey Libertine Fabulous Frank Giant Redwood Mike Barstow Pat Deacon Preston Holt Randall Hopkirk Rock Downpour Stuart Ferdinand The Minnesota Mauler Ty Walls Floyd Goldworthy (Manager) Herb Stately (Manager) Major WG Reginald III (Manager) Cliff Anderson (Announcer) Danny Jillefski (Color Commentator) Michael Bull (Referee) [B][U]North West Women's Wrestling (Regional)[/U][/B] Anne Stardust Layla Smile Matilda Hegstrand Melissa Monroe Misty Winters Thought i'd put up a rough roster list as it stands for the US promotions but they're bound to chop and change alot before the final mod. Still going through things as I work out who I think would have retired/died since 75 then I'll be going through the 97 rosters to see who would have been around in 86 who I can use to flesh out the rosters. I plan to have at least 1 announcer, 1 colour commentator, 1 road agent and 1 referee for each promotion in the world to give people a good starting point. I'll also be making a few new workers to bulk up the amount of workers, especially in mexico and the uk.[/QUOTE] marilyn stardust and anne stardust where a tag team in the 80's. heidi brooks was the top women wrestler in the 70's & 80's. Crusher Ichihara was the top japanese worker debuted in 85. ill look at the data and see what i can find out for you.

I'll put Marilyn into NWWW tagging with Anne. Heidi will split her time between USA and Japan probably. Crusher will be with 5SSW as she'll be a great worker to help build them up. Does anyone know the minimum roster sizes plus number per push for each promotion size?.

Archived