Mr. Kennedy released

davidEFC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unlike Murdoch or other WWE castoffs Kennedy has ability and talent. He just cannot take the bumps and bruises from the full time schedule.

Dude, that can only be true if you take personality skills into account. Nothing I've ever seen of the two men would lead me to believe Kennedy is any better in the ring than a guy like a Murdoch. Both strike me as pretty much miidle of the road at their respective styles. If I had a chore to do and I had to choose between skipping a Murdoch vs jobber match or Kennedy vs jobber, I opt to see Murdoch. Murdoch is what is he is and he has a much more unique look for a wrestler while Kennedy's tried to hide his averageness as a ring performer by being an annoying loudmouth.

Which I will grant you is a useful skill as long as he's willing to extend his career by being a midcard foil. Still Kennedy's all show and no more go than the guys you're pasting as no-talents. Unless he gets a radical creative makeover the next place he goes for legal reasons, I hope he's done. Kennedy bores me.

and the working less then a handful of dates a year

Less than a handful? TNA's schedule isn't THAT light. It's much lighter than WWE's, of course, but WWE's is also far too much in my opinion. I also read somewhere that TNA is considering running house shows more frequently in the future.

Besides, this is kind of a moot point, isn't it? The guy hurt himself in his FIRST match back. He'd probably get hurt trying to work Hogan's WCW schedule.

Sorry if it seems like I'm picking on you; wasn't my intent. That particular line just jumped out at me.

Not here to defend TNA but he could possibly do well there. But the injury thing is still valid with TNA it seems its not so much the stress levels of working a lot of matches etc that gets Kennedy injured so much it is more that he is really brittle and seemingly unsafe to work with. Right now though I don't think TNA really needs him as they should focus more on RVD and former TNA talent and Indy talent imho. The main thing he would bring in is overness and a small fan base and his entertainment skills. I don't think they will work him with the X guys more likely be used somewhat like Rhino as in cusp of main event sometimes on ppv and occasional tag teaming.

Ken Anderson would work perfectly well, although I'd expect a lot of "Kennedy" chants from certain crowds. Knowing current TNA thinking, they'd probably go with another different name, just so they can "own" it ("Daniels" for example).

Should he stay healthy, he'd be a Main Event player in TNA for sure. There's no way he'd be as far down the card as Rhino. Not a chance.

Other name options; Master Kennedy, Dr Kennedy (Stevie's partner) Corporal Kennedy... I wonder if they could get away with any of those.

He will kill himself doing a top rope finisher now.

Lmao. I busted out laughing when I read that. Anyways I love Kennedy. His home town is an hour away from here and its cool to go see him when WWE does events here. Gonna miss him considering I don't watch TNA that often.

Lmao. I busted out laughing when I read that. Anyways I love Kennedy. His home town is an hour away from here and its cool to go see him when WWE does events here. Gonna miss him considering I don't watch TNA that often.

I am a fan of Kennedy. I think he should go to TNA use the same TYPE of character and just be Mr. Anderson. Maybe wear a suit and be like a Matrix rip off in style with blonde hair and have AJ Styles be his Neo or something.

I've always thought that about Kennedy - admittedly the Matrix is ten years old now (does anyone else feel old thinking that?) but the sequels were more recent, and it's the sort of film that stays in your public conscious, so...

10 years now? damn....

I've always thought that about Kennedy - admittedly the Matrix is ten years old now (does anyone else feel old thinking that?) but the sequels were more recent, and it's the sort of film that stays in your public conscious, so...

Im only 24 but I definately feel like Im getting old fast!

Baw, I dreaded this would happen, but at the same time... gah.

For those who didn't know, he suffered ANOTHER injury(this time only minor) last Monday night on his wrist. Looks like WWE got enough of his unreliability and let him go once and for all. Sucks, I loved him and he had potential. But he needs to learn a bit more to work it out in the ring without hurting himself or somebody else.

Not easy to heal and recover from all those injuries without the drugs and steroids.

I'm quite surprised and disappointed by this news.

Granted he has had a lot of injuries, but I felt he was too good to be released for injury issues. I've always liked him, even while he was a heel, I just dug him, much like I did with Morrison, although he's a face now so I like him more :p. Kennedy would undoubtedly have become a world champion by now if not for the injuries, and I very much hope that he gets healed up and returns to the WWE in the near future. He is far too good to be in TNA, he belongs with the very best, and that is WWE.

Actually the way I'd salvage Kennedy (and I acknowledge it may just be in Cappy Land where he NEEDS salvaging) is to make him a manager. He could be a great Jimmy Hart/Bill Alphonso type. With the whole Holly. . .Holly shtick, he could be a great overbearing leader like Fonzie or the Mouth of the South. Plus being a long time ring talent in his own right, you could put manager and client in matches as a tag team at times to help Holledy make the transition to managing a la early Bobby Heenan.

Imagine Holledy guiding the new call-ups or clashing with the equally veteran Charlie Haas trying to over-inspire the All-American from Seton Hall. Perhaps you could put Holledy on Smackdown to do this and have him clash with Teddy Long over why he's being asked to guide the green and the hopeless. With the E, trying to be more PG these days, why not dip back into the old school like that some? Seems like it would be a perfect time to.

I am a fan of Kennedy. I think he should go to TNA use the same TYPE of character and just be Mr. Anderson. Maybe wear a suit and be like a Matrix rip off in style with blonde hair and have AJ Styles be his Neo or something.

Hahaha. That was what I did with a game where I was taking over WCW before they died. Suit and everything. I did NOT bring in like a million clones though :D

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tyler Gadzinski" data-cite="Tyler Gadzinski" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="23028" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Supposedly this is the reason Kennedy got fired.. He almost injured Orton's shoulder on this and apparently WWE were very pissed off about it.. sorry if it's already been posted.<p> </p><p> <span>http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/856/kenndybacksuplexorton.gif</span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> makes sense now. It looked like a weird sell from Orton but also looked really real. Great find.</p>

<p>credited to Wrestlinginc.com.. I was wondering why out of nowhere they would fire him after he just returned Monday.. but with him almost injuring there "top" star it's good enough reason to me.</p><p> </p><p>

I could see him either doing TNA or going back into the indies.. mainly ACW and work for Hornswoggle.</p>

Archived