WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T)

Tuesday June 12th, 1983: Tuesday Night Titans (TNT on USA)

TUESDAY NIGHT TITANS (TNT on USA)

Gorilla Monsoon and Gene Okerlund open the show from ringside... (Monsoon) Its another big night for WWWF action right here on the USA network, with Tuesday Night Titans... (Okerlund) Our new commisioner Pat Patterson has decided to bring bigger and better matches to TNT and tonight we have a double main event... Big John Studd looks to avenge a loss earlier this summer on TNT as he locks up with Blackjack Mulligan... (Monsoon) Thats just one main event we also have Pedro Morales & Ivan Putski, looking to bounce back from a tag team title match loss to the Samoans, they will face off against the newcomer tandom of Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch... (Okerlund) All that and more lets go to the ring!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TheSpoiler3.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TongaKid.jpg

The Spoiler beat The Tonga Kid 7:44 Monsoon mentions how Luscious Johnny Valiant is very conspicuous by his absence tonight... Okerlund follows up how The Spoiler is an established veteran, who should have no problem competing, despite not having his manager in his corner tonight.. The Tonga Kid shows alot of fire to start the match, with repeated chops over and over on the Spoiler, followed by a body slam and a big splash off the ropes for a 2 count... Tonga Kid, delivers some mean arm ringers which The Spoiler counters with a forearm smash to take advantage.. A knee lift to the midsection, snap mare and a knee to the ack of the head and Spoiler is in control... Spoiler walks the ropes and springboards off ropes between turnbuckles with a big forearm flatening Tonga for a 2 count... Elbow smash gets anther 2 count.. Spoiler walks ropes again, but is yanked down by Tonga Kid, who delivers a couple of dropkicks and goes for a slam, but THe Spoiler falls on top and hooks the leg and gets the 1..2..3.. RATED: D-

EVENT CENTER w/ Billy Red Lyons: (Red Lyons) "Allright wrestling fans big doubl main event tonight on TNT, one of our features Blackjack Mulligan vs this man looking to bounce back from several recent losses "Big" John Studd, with his new manager Bobby Heenan." (Heenan) woh, woh, woh Let's get somethig straight. First the only thing we need to know is that Big John Studd has only had a small bump in the road with his career, because he was mismanaged. He now has the smartest, sharpest, most intelectual mind in this business, The BRAIN, behind him... Now tonight on live TV we'll take anther step to reclaiming our top spot in this business when we take this ham and egger Blackjack Mulligan and chase him back to Texas" (Studd) "Mulligan, I have taken my biggest distraction and replaced him with the sharpest mind in this business and Blackjack Mulligan, you just happen to be in the way, a speed bump in the ascension of The Heenan Family here in the WWWF." RATED: D+

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/RickMcGraw.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ScottMcGhee.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JohnnyRodz.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/LarrySharpe.jpg

"The Dynamite Express" Rick McGraw & Scotty McGhee beat "The Unpredictable" Johnny Rodz & "Pretty Boy" Larry Sharpe

Monsoon mentions how this young tandom of McGraw and McGhee pack alot explosiveness in small packages.. (Okerlund) adds how these two have spent alot of time in the weight room and despite their stature that can certainly pack a punch and match power for power with most teams in the WWWF... The Dynamite Express use fast tags and deceptive moves to keep Larry Sharpe off balance... McHee and McGraw would tag in for one simple move, then tag out... Sharpe couldn't keep up... McGraw would give his own partner a gourdbuster right across Sharpe which resulted in a 2 1/2 count... Rodz tags in after a lockup and go behind by McGraw, Rodz lifts his back leg up connecting with Quick Draw's nether regions, a thumb to the eye and a slam gives his tandom the advantage... McGraw eventually hot tags in McHee who alternates dropkicks on both opponents and hits a snap suplex on Sharpe... McGhee tags in McGraw and McGhee gives McGraw an atomic drop trned into a leg drop across the neck of Larry Sharpe for the 1..2...3.... RATED: E

EVENT CENTER w/ Billy Red Lyons: (Red Lyons) "We talked to Big John Studd a bit earlier tonight, his opponent in our main event, no small man himself BlackJack Mulligan." (Mulligan) "Let me tell you somethin brothaaa... Big John Studd is NO joke, He is a big, ole, mean and nasty, son of gun... He reminds me of some of the big boys that I'd battle at the ole rock bottom saloon in Sweetwater, Texas, where you beat him up one night, then you better be watching every corner, behind your head, under the table, wherever he might be coming from, but one things a fact and that is he's coming... Big John Studd is the same way, never backin down always coming at you, well Studd, I may have a win over you a few weeks agao, but brothaaa, this is a whole new ball game and big blackjack is ready to play again daddy... Studd we'll see you in just a bit and its going to be a good ole time of Texas Justice coming your way." RATED: D+

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TonyAtlas.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TigerChungLee.jpg

"Mr. USA" Tony Atlas beat Tiger Chung Lee 6:41 Chung Lee jumps Atlas as he tries to enter the ring... Lee beats him down with chops to the traps, then to the throat then a choke, followed by a nerve hold on the trapesias muscle again... Atlas pumps himself back up, and just as Atlas was about to power out, Chung Leerakes the eyes and hits a reverse thrust kick and covers for a 2 cont... Chung Lee reapplies the nerve hold again and Atlas powers out again this time blocking all of Chung Lee's chops and hitting a couple of big right hands of his own... A head butt dazes Chung Lee and Atlas hits an Atomic drop which drops Lee's to his knees... Atlas goes for a slam, bu Chung Lee shifts his weight and falls to his feet and goes for a suplex, which Atlas shifts his weight, so that Chung Lee cant get him over and he hits a suplex of his own... Atlas goes for a splash but misses... Chung Lee covers for 2... Chung Lee climbs to the outside and up the turnbuckle... Atlas gets to his feet and catches him and press slams him off the top rope... Atlas connects this time with a splash for the 1...2...3.... RATED: C-

EVENT CENTER w/ Billy Red Lyons: (Red Lyons) We have a couple of big matches tonight, but this Saturday night in Philadelphia Sgt. Slaughter challenges Bob Backlund for the WWWF world Title... (Slaughter) " You know Gene Okerlund it hasn't even been a month since I came ever so close to ending the career of Bob Backlund, but see Gene, when your a drill instructor like I am, you learn alot about combat and battles, and strategic warfare... Bob Backlund that night in Boston, where you got your hand raised in victory the battle may have been yours, but the war rages on... And despite you having your hand raised in Boston, you had to be saying to yourself, That Sgt. Slaughter beat me so bad, that I had to spend 3 nights in the hospital...He beat me so bad that I needed a blood transfuison, he beat me so bad, that if he really wanted to, he could've taken my world title... Well Backlund, that was just part of the plan, to get into your head, get into your mind and let you dwell on what is the inevitable and thats me finishing out my battle plan and taking that world title from you this Saturday Night in Philadelphia." RATED: B-

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MikeSharpe.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TonyGarea.jpg

"Iron" Mike Sharpe beat Tony Garea 8:25

Sharpe interupts ring announcer Howard Finkel and says "introduce me as Canada's greatest athlete." Monsoon states Bobby Hull and Wayne Gretzy may beg to differ... After a collar an elbow tie-up, Mike Sharpe Sharpe tossed him to the mat and points to his bicep and yells out "How about that!" The lock up again and Sharpe grabs a headlock, Garea throws him off and Sharpe hits a shoulder tackle knocking Garea to the matt... Again, Sharpe flexes his bicep... Next lockup and Grea hits an armdrag, another armdrag, a hip toss and Garea gets ready for a big right hand, but Sharpe falls on his back and heads to outside for a break... Locking back up Garea goes behind, Sharpe reverses, then reversed again by Garea who runs Sharpe into the ropes and rolls him up for a 2 count... Garea hits a small package for another 2 count... Then a body slam and Sharpe runs again... Sharpe blasts some forearms as they lockup again... Sharpe slams Garea's head into turnbuckle, then clothelines him over the top rope...Sharpe hooks Garea upside down in the corner and backs to opposite corner and runs at Garea, but Tony escapes and Sharpe hits corner... Garea lets loose with several rights and hits an atmic drop and covers for a 2 count....Garea backs Sharpe into corner and mounts turnbuckle nd rains down with punches as crowd counts along... Referee Dick Weurhle warns Garea about using closed fists, while Weurhle is talking, Sharpe pulls an object from his trunks and puts it into his arm brace and blasts Garea with it, covering for the 1..2...3... Okerlund calls it a big upset... Monsoon adds that a miscarriage of justice has occurred... RATED: D+

EVENT CENTER w/ Billy Red Lyons: (Red Lyons) "We talked earlier with the challenger for this Saturday Night, now we have the champion Bob Backlund and perhaps Mr. Backlund some of things that the Sarge is claiming might be true." (Backlund) "Yes, Billy, alot of it I guess is true, I lost alot of blood in Boston, I probably took one of, if not the worst beating in my life, I was layed up in the hospital for a couple of days, and there is no taking a guy like Sgt. Slaughter lightly, because he is a big, strong, burly man capable of winning the world title and I'm going to have all I can do, to fight him off and remain champion...But you know one thing Billy, and thats I relish the opportunity to take on the biggest, the meanest, the baddest men on the planet and if I didn't then I wouldn't be much of a world champion... I've never ducked a sole and will take on all-comers and this Saturday Night Sgt. Slaughter, you're not the only one capable of putting up a fight, I'm coming for you Slaughter" ... RATED: B

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/AdrianAdonis2.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/DickMurdoch2.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/IvanPutski.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/PedroMorales.jpg

Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch beat "Polish Power" Ivan Putski & Pedro Morales 9:09

Adonis does a front somersault into a single leg takedown and into a spinning toe-hold on Pedro... Adonis stomps away at the hamstring and re-applies a spinning toe-hold, but Morales grabs his neck and small packages Adonis for a 2 count... They lock backup and Adonis grabs a headlock into switching sides of headlock into hammerlock, into an armdrag... Adonis applies a spinning toe-hold again, but this time its around the arm of Morales and then wrenches up in another hamerlock.. Morales drives two elbows to get out, hits the ropes and hits a Lou Thesz press for a 2 count... Putski tags in and its left hands for Adonis and Adrian falls into his corner and tags in Murdoch... After a quick lockup Murdoch delivers an elbow on Putski, Grabs him by head and slams into the knee of his partner Adonis on the apron... Adonis back in single leg takedowns Putski, spreads his legs and delivers a big stomp to the inner thigh o fPutski... He adds a stomp to the headand a knee for good measure... Murdoch tags in and drops a couple of elbows and covers for a 2 count... Murdoch lifts Putski into a power slam but instead drops his head on the tunrbuckle then stomps away at Putski in his corner, using the ropes for added momentum... Adonis tags in and lifts Putski into a power slam position and goes to deliver one, but Putski falls off his back and tags in Pedro... Pedro comes in with lefts for both Adonis and Murdoch... He then delivers a double noggin knocker.... Adonis is tossed from the ring... And Morales scoops up Murdoch for the slam... Adonis is slingshotted back in the ring and Morales whips Adonis into buckle, then whips Murdoch into Adoni... Putski tags in and Morales whips Murdoch into ropes and drops down while Putski hits a polish hammer for a 2 and 1/2 which was broken up by Adonis...Murdoch grabs a quick headlock and is thrown off into ropes, but while he is thrown he tags Adonis... Murdoch grabs the ropes and puts on breakswhile Adonis scoops up Putski from Behind and powerslams him for the 1..2...3... Murdoch fights off Morales to avoid the save.... RATED: C

EVENT CENTER w/ Billy Red Lyons: (Red Lyons) "Alot of questions surrounding this man, I'm bringing to you now and thats Louis Albano and Lou I gues everyone one wants to know whats going on, we've seen John Studd replace you with Bobby Heenan, we've seen you arguing with Curtis Iaukea, a man you brought in to handle The Samoan's, we've seen you talking to Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis, what is going on?" (Albano) Well Billy Red Lyons, never worry about Louis Albano, I am always staying two steps ahead of the game... Murdoch and Adonis are wonderful talets and maybe the perfect team to have in front of The Samoans'.. You know like the team everone has to go through to get to the champs... I know what drives Murdoch and Adonis and thats money and if we can make a good business decision together then so be it and I dont need Curtis Iaukea's permission to do so, I manage the Samoan's, the most vicious , most dominate tag team in the sport today, a team that has dominated everyone that has been put in front of us, and Curtis Iaukea is here to make them meaner, to make them more vicious, to keep them hungry... There is no team left, we've beat them all and if Murdoch and Adonis want to get beat like the rest of the teams then they can be against us, or they can join forces and not get hurt, and recieve a nice bit of compensation, ... Thats why Studd was expendable, we've free'd up some money to pay Adonis and Murdoch and quite frankly I'd rather have 2 big mean nasty guys, then 1 big mean nasty guy... So if you're worrying about Lou Albano, you better be looking around the corner, because I'm playing this chess match to always be ahead of the game... Just when you think I'm here I'll be there... Just when you think I'm there I'll be here and when I'm here (Albano walks off) RATED:C-

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BigJohnStudd.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BobbyHeenan.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BlackjackMulligan.jpg

"Big" John Studd vs Blackjack Mulligan was declared a Double Disqualification 9:10

The two started off slow, standing face to face and nose to nose daring the other to throw the first punch... Studd did, but was blocked by Mulligan, who connected with several big ole fists blasting Studd into corner... Mulligan kicked away at Studd's midsection and grabbed a headlock... Studd threw Mulligan off and into ropes but Mulligan shoulder tackle and no-one budged...Studd challenged Mulligan again and Mulligan hit the ropes , then ducked a Studd clotheline, Mulligan fired back off the ropes again and nailed Studd with a clotheline... Elbowsmash and another, and another by Mulligan wobbled Studd... Mulligan scooped up Studd, but Heenan grabbed Mulligan's legs and Studd fell on top... Studd dropped a couple of elbows and grabbed a rear chin-lock bending the neck of Mulligan... Studd scooped up Mulligan and slammed the big man... Studd whipped Mulligan into corner and followed in with a shoulder block of his own... Monsoon claimed, "The ring moved 6 inches" Studd tried this again, but as he charged Mulligan brought up his big boot and dropped Studd to one knee....Mulligan hit a clotheline which floored Studd... Heenan waves to the back and Paul Orndorff made his way to ringside... Mulligan stood over Studd and pounded aay with big right hands... Mulligan hit the ropes, but was tripped by Orndorff....Studd dropped an elbow and lifted Mulligan back to his feet, were Mulligan fired back some more right hands... Orndorff jumped on the apron and Mulligan clocked him... Heenan began complaining to the referee... Jimmy Snuka and Ricky Steamboat then made their way to ringside.... Steamboat backs off Heenan, While Snuka shoves Orndorff and Orndorff backs off, but as soon as Snuka turns his attention to the ring, Orndorff blasts him with an elbow... Meanwhile in the ring Studd and Mulligan continue to fight... Orndorff shoves Snuka in the ring and Studd kicks at him... Heenan jumps in the ring and is chased by Steamboat... Heenan walks right into the claw of Mulligan, Orndorff blasts Mulligan and all 6 men were in the ring when referee Dick Kroll called for the double disqualification.... RATED: C-

==========================================================================================================================

Attendance: Springfield, MA: Springfield Civic Center 5,000 (Sold Out)

Overall Rating: C-

TNT on USA Rating: .21

Dark Match:

Iron Sheik beat Steve Travis RATED: D-

Brian Blair beat Pete Doherty RATED: D-

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool,it's the North-South Connection(Adonis & Murdoch)...

I liked those guys...the mic work may be slightly less than the East-West Connection(Adonis & Ventura,Ventura handled the interviews,but then it's Ventura;not many can match him on the mic),their in-ring work is better than Adonis & Ventura(Jesse was not so good in the ring,Murdoch is excellent)....I'd say give 'em a good manager*coughthebraincough* and they're set.

July 16th, 1983: Saturday am (All Star Wrestling)

Navratilova & McEnroe go over in Wimbldon, but who is going over this Saturday Morning on

WWWF ALL STAR WRESTLING

Hosted by Dick Graham & Lord Alfred Hayes

Tony Garea, SD "Special Delivery" Jones & Salvatore Bellomo beat Terry Gibbs & "The Platinum Bombers" Doug Somers & Buddy Landell 8:20

The heros all took turns in the ring impressing the crowd with some opeing match type moves, armdrags by Garea, bodyslams by Jones, ab stretches and headscissors by Bellomo on The Bombers....The Bombers took over the offense to the old pull the top rope down so, the guy running the ropes falls over and to the floor (Bellomo)... Some cheating, distracting and choking using the ring ropes and hands by The Bombers and Gibbs, until a hot tag to SD Jones who tags in head butting everyone... All six are in the ring and Garea slinshot sunset flips himself over the top rope and onto Gibbs for the 1...2...3.... RATED: E

EVENT CENTER w/ Gene Okerlund: (Okerlund) Alright fans TONIGHT, the Philadelphia Spectrum is the PLACE TO BE.... Intercontinental title is on the line as The Magnificent Muraco takes on this man Tito Santana... (Santana) You know Gene, I think Ican speak on everyone's behalf when I'm saying wre sick and tired of listening to the Don Muraco tell us how great he is... All we've heard for months is how he's going to be world champion...Muraco you're not wolrd champion and after tonight you'll not be intercontinental champion as I'll prove in Philadelphia that I am the better men, I dont need to cheat to win, I dont need no manager to cause interference for me... Shine up that belt Muraco, because tonight my friend, the belt is coming to ME...ARRIBA!!! RATED: D+

Brian Blair beat Paul Christy 5:59

This match started off very scientific as Bair and Christy exchanged holds, takedowns and go behinds.... It escalated a little bit with an exchange of forearm smashes... Once Blair took over with the forearm smashes Christy reverted to closed fists and a low blow... Christy hit a nice suplex and got a 2 cont... Blair reversed an irish whip for a backdrop...Blair nailed a high atomic knee drop that sent shivers up Christy's spine long enough for Blair to cradle him for the 1..2..3.... RATED: E+

EVENT CENTER w/ Gene Okerlund.... (Okerlund) Alright wrestling fans everyone is talking about the big matches tonight in the Spectrum Bob Backlund vs Sgt Slaughter for the world title...Tito Santana challenging The Magnificent Muraco for the Intercontinental title... Steamboat & Snuka vs The Heenan Family, but another bout that has alot of bad blood brewing over last few months is a third matchup between Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas, both men have one a match apiece ... Tonight in the Spectrum one man will move on and up the card, while the other moves down... (Atlas) You know Gene Rocky Johnson has done a whole lotta jawjockin lately about what he gonna do to Tony Atlas, Well Rocky Johnson you want some of Tony Atlas, you can get your but on out here and try to prove you can take me out, stead tryin just talkin about it, because I'm goin take this fist and shove it down your throat so deep your organs you were born with gonna feel it... Rocky Johnson you a no good, low life good for nuttin dog that just turn your back on peooples... You turned your back on me and we tied up one to one, wel tonight, you say you gonna give me a lesson, well the only thing your gonna get from me is a fat lip and a black eye and I aint worried about you giving me neither one of those things! RATED: D-

Jimmy Snuka beat Samula w/ Lou Albano & "King" Curtis Iaukea 11:36

Samula attacks Snuka as the bell rings, with chops, bites and barefooted stomps... A headbut drops Snuka...Samula drops a big legdrop for a 2 count... Samula hits a splash off 2nd rope for a 2 1/2 count... Samula whips Snuka, but Snuka ducks a chop and flies off with a high cross body block for a 2 count... Snuka blasts away a Samula as they both get to their feet...Samula ducks from ring and regroups with Albano and Iaukea... Snuka hits ropes and comes flying over top rope with a high cross body lock onto the floor onto all three and the crowd errupts... A double noggin knocker for Albano & Iaukea ... Back in the ring Samula lifts his foot and catches The Superfly in the face as he charged him in turnbuckle...Samula takes control with some biting while holding Snuka in a chinlock... Samula hits a slam and climbs ropes, He dives off top rope, but misses... Snuka to his feet delivers several chops on Samula followed by a bodyslam... Snuka ascends to the outside and climbs to the top rope and hits a "Superfly" splash on Samula for the 1..2..3... RATED: D-

After the match Iaukea and Albano are seen arguing with each other... Albano slaps Iaukea in the face and "King" Curtis looks like he is about to kill Albano... Albano keeps running his mouth and heads back up the entrance way as Iaukea has a deranged look on his face slowly follows behind... RATED: D+

Highlights of the conclusion of last weeks main event on All Star Wrestling are shown as Bob Backlund & Eddie Gilbert defeated The Cobra & The Black Tiger and are then jumped by Sgt. Slaughter and The Masked Superstar... Sgt. Slaughter vs Eddie Gilbert is announced as todays main event... RATED: D+

The Magnificent Muraco w/ Mr. Fuji beat Frankie Williams 1:57

The two locked up several times and each time Muraco just threw Williams to the ground... The crowd began chanting "Beach Bum" at Muraco and Muraco climbed to the 2nd rope and began screaming back at them... Williams pulled Muraco down and blasted him several times, but all that did was infuriate the Intercontinental Champion... Muraco whipped Williams into the turnbuckle with just one arm and Muraco nailed him with a clotheline as he bounced out... An inverted piledriver and that was all she wrote for Frankie Williams.... RATED: D-

EVENT CENTER w/ Gene Okerlund: (Okerlund) One of the big matches that could possibly steal the show tonigt in Philadelphia is the Heenan Family of "Big" John Studd and "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff taking on this team of Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka and Ricky Steamboat... (Steamboat) You know Gene, I'd like to personally and publicly say thank you to this man Jimmy Snuka for coming out and watching my back a couple of weeks ago in Madison Square Garden, for those actions I am ever so grateful, and only wish I had done the same for you early in that evening, but even better I figured we can get together and I can help you regain a measure of revenge aganst the Heenan Family by being your partner tonight in the Philadelphia Spectrum home of the NBA champion Philadelphia 76'ERS!!! Tonight from myself and The Superfly you'll see us give the same effort that Moses Malone, Julius Earving, Billy Cunningham and Maurice Cheeks gave to bring this city a title and we'll give that same effort to take out the Bobby The Brain Heenan and his henchmen... (SNUKA) You know Big John Studd, Paul Orndorff, Bobby Heenan, Let me tell you somethin Brothaa, Take a good look at this face, take a good look at this team... Bobby Heenan you want to knock me out with a brass knuckles, well let me tell you somethin brotha, you bit off more than you can chew brotha and Superfly and the Steamboat coming for you tonight brothaaa!!! RATED: D+

Sgt. Slaughter w/"Classy" Fred Blassie beat Eddie Gilbert 10:06

Gilbert outquicked, outducked, outsurprised Slaughter in the first few minutes of this match, keeping the Sarge off-balanced... verytime the Sarge turned to look for Gilbert he was on the opposite sde and decked Slaughter with a right hand each timehe turned to face Eddie.. Gilbert mounted the ropes for the good ole crowd counts along to 10 punches while perched on the 2nd rope turnbuckle... Slaughter inverted atomic dropped him off... Slaughter went to work just pummeling Gilbert with an elbow to the bridge of the nose, a knee drop to the head, a steel toed kick to the side of the head, and after each blow he would scream "BACKLUND" at the top of his lungs... Blassie added a jam to the throat with his cane for good measure...Sarge applied a cobra clutch and almost Eddie down and out for the count, but Gilbert pushed himself off the turnbuckle and fell back on top of Slaughter for a 2 count... Gilbert ducked a cannon clotheline and got a 2 count from a crucifix roll-up... Gilbert went for a Lou Thesz press but Slaughter carried his momentum to clotheline him over the top rope... Slaughter reversed chinlocked Gilbert and just blasted away and Gilbert's nose causing him to bleed from the bridge of his nose... Slaughter whipped Gilbert into ropes and Gilbert ducked another cannon clotheline, but Slaughter caught him with a spine buster and applied the cobra clutch... Referee Dick Weurhle raised Gilbert's arm three times and each time it dropped awarding the match to Sgt. Slaughter RATED: C-

After Slaughter had his hand raised in victory he went back and applied a rearchinlock and again began blasting away at the nse of Gilbert... The Crowd errupted as out came Bob Backlund with a steel chair... Backlund swung for the fences on Slaughter but missed as Slaughter ducked out of the ring and headed up the entrance way as Backlund attended to Gilbert as All Star Wrestling went off the air.... RATED: D+

========================================================================

Attendance: Toldeo, Ohio: Lucas County Rec Center: 2,000 (SOLD OUT)

Overall Rating: D+

Syndicated Television Rating:

Pre-Show Match:

Rocky Johnson beat Pete Doherty RATED: E-

quite the winning streak for Iron Mike Sharpe!! He'll be in title contention in no time. :D

When Iron Mike Sharpe wins we all win, olympia!!!:D

I remember as a little kid I used to hate Iron Mike, I would shout wimp and him and boo him. And one time he came up to me and yelled shut up kid. That scared me crapless, and you know what from then on I was an Iron Mike Sharpe fan because I was to scared not to be. (Yeah it is a lame story but hey I am a lame person!)

I remember as a little kid I used to hate Iron Mike, I would shout wimp and him and boo him. And one time he came up to me and yelled shut up kid. That scared me crapless, and you know what from then on I was an Iron Mike Sharpe fan because I was to scared not to be. (Yeah it is a lame story but hey I am a lame person!)

I always said Iron Mike was the only "jobber" I have ever seen that drew good heat(sometimes better than some so-called "big" guys), and he was not bad in the ring either.Outside the WWF,he was actually used higher on the card (Mid South,Georgia,Canada as well),I always thought he was at least a "decent" midcard guy when they let him do a little more.

I wonder who has the record for "Longest arm injury in professional wrestling" Iron Mike or Bob Orton,Jr.? Was it the same accident that seemed to re-injure Lou Albano's arm every time he had a match?:)

Or is it Lex Luger,who had "A steel plate in his arm" which made his running forearm/elbow move so effective? :p

that's a great story. reminds me of Tracy Smothers yelling at some kid at a match in TN. The kid stood up to him and said he'd kick his butt. Tracy laughs and retorts..."you and what army"....so the kid runs over to where I'm sitting and says "him and him and him" (i was sitting next to a couple Marines). funny moment

but back to our story....Go Iron Mike. He and his brother (Ben) were a tough tag team in the old territories. He deserves a nice little push here

Pick'em Contest

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/wwwf.jpg

WWWF Saturday Night Wrestling

Returns to the

PHILADELPHIA SPECTRUM

This Saturday Night!

The Tonga Kid vs Charlie Fultan

The youngster from Tonga takes on the veteran from Ohio

"Tony Garea & SD "Special Delivery" Jones vs "The Moondogs" Rex & Spot

The Wild and unpredictable Moondogs look to get back on the winning track versus The crafty tandom of New Zealander Tony Garea and one of Philadelphia's favorites SD Jones

"Polish Power" Ivan Putski vs "Iron" Mike Sharpe

Polish Power returns to singes competition after making a run at the world tag titles to take on the self proclaimed Canada's Greatest Atlete "Iron" Mike Sharpe

"The Dynamite Express" Scotty McGhee & "Quick Draw" Rick McGraw vs "The North/South Connection" Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch

The explosive young duo of McGhee & McGraw have impressed in such a short time, they will take on the veteran duo of Adonis & Murdoch who are looking to fast track themselves to the top of the tag team scene

Pedro Morales vs The Iron Sheik

Morales returning to the singles scene looking to re-establish himself into the title chase against the impressive yet boisterous Iranian, who looks to continue his winning ways

"Mr. USA" Tony Atlas vs Rocky Johnson

The former tag team known as The Soul Patrol look for a decisive winner in their brief series which has seen each man, winning a match

Ricky Steamboat & Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs "Big" John Studd & "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff w/ Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Steamboat & Snuka looking for a bit of revenge against The Heenan Family

Intercontinental Title Match

Challenger: Tito Santana vs Champion: The Magnificent Muraco w/ Mr. Fuji

Santana holds a victory over Muraco and looks to win gold, while Muraco is out to prove that he is a true champion after focusing on a world title chase

WWWF World Heavyweight Championship Match

Champion: Bob Backlund vs Challenger: Sgt. Slaughter w/ "Classy" Freddie Blassie

Slaughter has already hospitalized Backlund once and Backlund has just survived a series of challenges from Muraco.... Does the champion have the intestinal fortitude to continue his reign or will we see The Drill Seargant begn a new reign in the WWWF

This Show is the 1st show of the 3rd Quarter Prediction Series.... The Rules... Best Percentage wins, you must predict in at least 1/2 the The WWWF Big Shows for the 3rd Quarter (July, August, September of 1983)

QUICK PICK PREDICTIONS:

Tonga Kid vs Charlie Fultan

SD "Special Delivery" Jones & Tony Garea vs "The Moondogs" Rex & Spot

"The Dynamite Express" Scott McGhee & Rick McGraw vs "The North/South Connection" Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch

Ricky Steamboat & Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs "Big" John Studd & "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

Challenger: Tito Santana vs Champion: "The Magnificent" Muraco

World Heavyweight CHampionship Match

Challenger: Sgt. Slaughter vs Champion: Bob Backlund

Looking forwad to everyone's analysis!

"The Dynamite Express" Scott McGhee & Rick McGraw vs "The North/South Connection" Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch

Ricky Steamboat & Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs "Big" John Studd & "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

-If you renamed Kid to Tonga Tom, and paired him with Roddy Piper, renamed "Quick" Rick Roberts, I would seriously mark out.

-Much as I like Sharpe, I don't see him winning this one.

-I see the Sheik as a potential challenger for Backlund down the road.

-Bobby's gonna hold onto that belt for the foreseeable future, I think.

yeah, not likely but why not pull for Iron Mike to continue his winning streak. Putski can afford to put him over and remind everyone that anything is possible in the WWF.

North-South are lining up for a tag title shot

He's the current star, so former champ puts him over in this one.

Ricky has the guaranteed title shot of his choice - he and Snuka would make a good match against the Samoans.

Muraco needs to take care of business. History does not repeat here.

Backlund is tough champion, but Sarge gets his hand raised in victory (maybe by COR to set up a specialty match next month - Bootcamp or Cage match? Honestly think a Slaughter title run would bring some new energy to the promotion and definitely be a swerve from history.

I have heard of Charlie Fultan but never saw him wrestle and I rember Tonga Kid so I have to go with who I know.

Poor Tony Garea, he is getting no love in this diary! Oh and I still have the SD Jones action figure that came out in the mid-1980's!

Sharpe is a jobber, while Putski is not so I have to go with Ivan. And I just have to hope that you do not sign his son Scott when he enters wrestling.:D

Dick Murdoch was awsome! Yes that is my only reason...

I think the Iron Sheik gets more out of a win here.

This match is a toss up for me. However, in the end I see the Rock pulling of the victory. Tito will get the title eventually, just not tonight.

I was never really a Slaughter fan so I will go with Backlund, if only because I loved his crazy gimmick that he did later in his career.

July 16th, 1983: Philadelphia, PA: The Philadelphia Spectrum

SATURDAY NIGHT WRESTLING

Live From

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/spectrum.jpg

The SPECTRUM

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Pre-Show

Prior to the card this evening, Bob Backlund was outside the arena conducting an interview for a local television station... At the conclusion f the interview, Bob Backlund stayed around signing autographs for fans, when he was jumped from behind by Sgt. Slaughter.... Slaughter stomped away at Backlund and then proceeded to whip him with his cattle prod tearing up the shirt of Backlund... Backlund was helped to his feet by Spectrum securty guards as well as fellow wrestlers Eddie Gilbert, Rick McGraw and Scoty McGhee.... RATED: C+

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/GaryMichaelCappetta.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the Philadelphia Spectrum for another night of World Wide Wrestling Federation Action.... All matches tonight are sanctioned and supervised by the Pennsylvania Athletic Commision.... Governed tonight by RJ Habeeb.. The referee's in charge of the action tonight are Dick Weurhle, Dick Kroll and Joey Marella... The Doctor at ringside is Dr. Gorge Zaharian and I am your ring announcer Gary Michael Capetta..... (crowd boo's)

Ladies and gentlemen earlier tonight upon entering the arena, WWWF World heavyweight champion Bob Backlund was attacked outside the arena by his challenger tonigh Sgt. Slaughter... Commisioner Pat Patterson has made it known to me that tonights World Heavyweight Championship match , may have to be canceled due to injuries suffered by Backlund... If that is the case Sgt. Slaughter will be suspended by the World Wide Wrestling Federation.... However at this moment the match is still on, and the Backlund vs Slaughter championship matchup will be pushed back to the last match of the evening, in order for Backlund to determine if he will have the ability to participate in tonights match... An announcement on this will be made at tonights intermission and if it is determined that Backlund will not be able to compet then all fans will given the opportunity for a refund for tonights event!

MATCH #1

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TongaKid.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/CharlieFulton.jpg

The Tonga Kid vs Charlie Fultan

Fultan walks around the ring refusing to get in as Tonga Kid has to be kept back by referee Joey Marella...Finally as Tonga Kid approaches Fultan grabs him by the feet and pulls him outside the ring... Fultan slams his head onto apron, scoops up and slams him on the floor and stomps away at the youngster... Fultan gets in the ring and stands on the 2nd rope to a chorus of oos from the Spectrum faithful... As Tonga Kid kept trying to get in Fultan would stomp him back out breaking up Joey Marella's count... Finally the 4th timeTonga tried to get back in the ring, Tonga Kid pulled Fultan by the legs to the outside and chopped away at Fultans chest as he as pinned against the ring...Fultan rakeed the eyes and went for a piledriver ON THE FLOOR, but Tonga Kid backdropped him and climbed back into and out of the ring to break the count... The Tonga Kid threw Fultan back into the ring, climbed to the top rope and came down with a crushing chop to the top of the head... Tonga went for a diving head but, but missed... Fultan back to his feet, kicked away at Tonga's midsection and applied a front facelock, which Tonga Kid reversed into a wristlock take down followed by a legdrop and a 2 count... Fultan reversed an irish whip and drove a knee into Tonga's mid section.... A slam by Fultan and he climbed to the top rope and as he came down with a double ax handle, Tonga blasted him in the midsection... A bodyslam by Tonga placed Fultan in middle of ring and Tonga Kid climbed to the outside and up to the top rope and came down with a diving headbut for the 1...2..3...

The Time of the Match: 8:07 Your Winner: THE TONGA KID RATED: E

MATCH #2

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/AdrianAdonis2.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/DickMurdoch2.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/RickMcGraw.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ScottMcGhee.jpg

"The North South Connection" Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch vs "The Dynamite Express" "QuickDraw" Rick McGraw & Scott McGhee

Murdoch would start off against McGraw, the two would exchange arm ringers ...Murdoch turned it into a side headlock and McGraw whipped him off into ropes where Murdoch would come with a hard shoulder tackle.. Murdoch hiptossed McGraw, then missed an elbow, McGraw tried an elbow of his own but missed... A drop toehold by Murdoch made McGraw fall into his corner tagging in McGhee... Murdoch and McGhee exchanged arm ringers which McGhee would wind up three times flipping Murdoch to mat... Murdoch kipped up and grab a headlock, as McGhee would throw him into ropes, Murdoch tagged Adonis... As Murdoch bounced off ropes McGhee dropkicked him out of ring, but Adonis (the legal man) would scoop up McGhee and slam him to the mat... Adonis pounded away with several kneedrops, a scoop, then a tag to Murdoch, then a slam followed by an elbowdrop by Murdoch... Murdoch would drive his knee into small of McGhee's back and pull back with both arms... An arm ringer, followed by a firemen's carry and then a legdrop across the arm by Murdoch who tagged in Adonis holding McGhee's arm and Adonis would drive his knee into Scotty's arm... Adonis would spit at McGraw and as referee Dick Kroll held him back Murdoch would choke McGhee with ring rope... A tag in and a whip into ropes was followed by a double elbow.... Murdoch would whip Scott into buckle, and as Murdoch charged McGhee moved and Murdoch flipped upside down into corner allowing McGraw to tag in... MUrdoch was able to tag Adonis atsame time and as two new guys charged, McGraw caught him with a backdrop, followed by a dropkick, then a dropkick to Murdoch.. McGhee re-entered and Murdoch and McGhee went to floor and Murdoch slammed him across ring barricade, while McGraw hit a flying odypress off the 2nd rope on Adonis for a 2 count... McGraw grabbed a sideheadlock, but Adonis was able to reach and tag Murdoch who climbed inside corner onto 2nd rope,while Adonis lifted McGraw from being in a headlock position and delivered a backbreaker across his knee, while Murdoch came off the 2nd rope with a kneedrop to the head for the 1..2...3....

The Time of the Match: 8:26 Your Winners: The Team of ADRIAN ADONIS & DICK MURDOCH RATED: C-

As Adonis and Murdoch head back to the locker room, they are met halfway, by Lou Albano...Albano seems to be discussing some kind of arrangement and/or perhaps selling himself to Adonis & Murdoch, who seem to be all ears as Albano continues talking as they head back to the locker room RATED: D

MATCH #3

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/IvanPutski.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MikeSharpe.jpg

Sharpe threated to beat up Gary Michael Capetta until he re-introduced him as "Canada's greatest Athlete"... Putski would grab the house mic and yell "POLISH POWERRRRR!!!" The two would ockup and Putski went fr a go-behind... Sharpe tried to break hold, but couldn't unlock the hands of Putski and just scrambled for the ropes... Another lockup and Putski would go behind and apply a full nelson again Sharpe tried to power out, but couldn't and just scrambled o the ropes for the break... Sharpe and Putski would like up 3 more times andeach time Putski would just throw him off like he was a child... Sharpe would go over to referee Dick Weurhle and claim that Putski was pulling his hair... Sharpe looks to exit ring and go after some fans that were taunting him... As Sharpe kept jawing with fans Putski does grab him by the hair and puts him in a side headlock... Sharpe would try and throw Putski into the ropes and Putski WOULD grab a handful of hair to hold onto side headlock... Putski would just wrench in the headlock over and over, after releasing it, Sharpe was woozy and fell to the mat and Putski covered for a 2 1/2 count... Sharpe offered his hand to shake and Putski accepted, as he did Sharpe kicked Putski, but Ivan caught his leg, spun him around and hita big atomic drop,... Putski hit a polish hammer for the 1..2...But Sharpe got his leg on the rope...Putski whipped Sharpe into ropes and caught him in a sleeper hold, but Sharpe managed to get to the ropes... Putski raked Sharpe's eyes across the top rope and then slammed his head into the turnbuckle multiple times and covered for a 2 count...Putski would lift Sharpe and whip him into turnbuckle and Sharpe would hit so hard he fall on his backside bouncing out... Putski covers for another 2 count... Putski again slams Sharpe's head into turnbuckleand sends him for a ride again... As Putski charged Sharpe got his leg up and connected with a boot to the face... Sharpe turned his back to the action and seemed to load something into his arm brace.... Sharpe takes a wild swingand Putski completely spins him into another atomic dop, but while up in theair for the atomic drop, Sharpe blasts Putski in the head and falls on top... referee Dick Weurhle counts 1...2...3...

The Time of the Match: 8:27 Your Winner: "IRON" MIKE SHARPE RATED: E+

As Sharpe celebrates Putski comes to his senses and calls for the referee to check his armbrace... Sharpe refuses and Putski sends Sharpe into ropes and nails a Polish Hammer.... Sharpe ducks out of the ring and heads for the locker room RATED: E

MATCH #4

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/RockyJohnson.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TonyAtlas.jpg

Rocky Johnson vs "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas

These two wal up to each other face-to-face , eye-to-eye and nose-to-nose... Johnson then slaps Atlas in the face...You could see Atlas face become enraged with fury as he began to walk towards Johnson, who back pedaled out of the ring... Atlas chased him around the ring and Johnson limbed in and ran the ropes, tlas right behind him dropped down, Johnson ran over hit otherside of ropes and Atlas caught him with a press slam, walking him around the ring for the crowd to cheer before dumping him on his back... As Johnson slowly got up, Atlas caught him with aninverted atomic drop, then nailed a clotheline for a 2 count... Side headlock takedown by Atlas... Johnson keeps rolling him up while in a headlock and gets several 2 counts...Johnson finally throws Atlas to the ropes to get out of headlock and Atlas tackles with a big shoulderblock... Atlas drops an elbow but misses and Johnson rakes the eyes, to buy sometime toget his senses back... Johnson goes into Muhammed Ali mode with boxing footwork and right hands to Atlas... Johnson finally hits a clotheline bouncing off the ropes and covers for a 2 count... Johnson tries for a suplex, but Atlas blocks it, a couple of kidney shots by Johnson allows him to get Atlas up and over for a suplex and an arrogant cover gets just a 2 count... Johnson connects with an elbow to Atlas chin as he comes off the ropes... Johnson hits a leaping kneedrop for a 2 count, then complains referee Joey Marella's count is too slw... Johnson sends Atlas for an irish whip, which Tony reverses and he catches Rocky in a big bear hug... fter about a minute in the bearhug, Rocky seel claps his wa out, followed by an eye rake and a forearm smash... Johnson hits the ropes and goes for a high cross body, but Atlas catches him and with his momentum going in that direction Atlas is able to power himself and Johnson over for a power slam and the 1...2...3....

The Time of the Match is: 11:01 Your Winner: "MR. USA" TONY ATLAS RATED: C-

MATCH #5

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/wwf_intercontinental.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TitoSantana.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/DonMuraco.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MrFuji.jpg

Challenger: Tito Santana vs Champion: "The Magnificent" Muraco w/ Mr. Fuji

Muraco takes his time entering the ring as fans chant "Beach Bum" at him... Muraco threatens some of the fans , further delaying his entrance into the ring... Finally the two lockup and Muraco hits a hiptoss, Tito on his back kicks Muraco in the head knocking him to the mat and Tito follows with a bodyslam and Muraco backs off into the corner as Muraco consults with Mr. Fuji... Locking up again, Tito grabs a standing wristlock and applies downward pressure... As Muraco tries to power out by pushing Tito's face away, Tito keeps adding pressure until Muraco hooks his leg arond Tito and with the leverage reverses the hold.... Tito reverses again into a hammerlock and Muraco reaches down grabs the leg upending Tito, but Tito kicks him off, both men get to their feet and Tito hits a couple of armdrags, then winds up with an arm ringer and powers Muraco down to his knees... Muraco drives Tito's chin back with his palm to get back to his own feet... Muraco hits a head butt to break the hold but this hurt Muraco almost as much, as Tito falls into the ropes... As both men wobble back to their feet Muraco catches Tito with a russian leg sweep... Muraco scooped Tito up for a slam but instead clothelined Tito over the top rope.... Muraco then tossed Tito to the outside of the ring and Muraco went outside after him and Muraco scooped him up for a slam, but again drop Tito over the steel ring barricade... Muraco climbed back in the ring and waited for Tito to climb back in, but kept drilling him with knees to keep him out... Muraco nails a couple of big rights then a big elbow and covered for a 2 count... Muraco then uses the ropes to put all his weight down with his foot on Tito's face... Muraco then followed with a hard slam and covered for 2 1/2 despite not hooking the leg... Muraco sent Tito into the ropes and nailed a vicious elbow and covered for another 2 1/2 count...Muraco sends Tito into ropes tries for a scoop slam, but Tito floats over and runs Muraco into the ropes, but Muraco ducks and Tito clothelines himself over the top rope again and Muraco pointing to his head like he's the smartest guy in the world covers again without hooking the leg and again gets only a 2 count... As Santana struggles to get to his feet, Muraco measures him, bouncing off the ropes and hitting a vicious flying foearm smash, taking a page out of Tito's book and covers again, but this time Tito doesn't kickout, he instead drapes his leg over bottom rope... Muraco measures Tito and goes for another forearm, but Tito ducks and Tito hits the ropes on the opposite side and comes off with a flying forearm of his own that sends Muraco flying into the ropes and entangling himself by the neck... Tito got to his feet and lifted Muraco by his feet, further choking Muraco...As they both get to their feet, Santana blocks Muraco's punches and retaliates with his own right hands... right hand after right hand and Muraco does a faceplant...Muraco begs for Tito to let up, Mr. Fuji gets on the apron and Tito slingshots him in the ring and slams their heads together, knocking Fuji out and to the floor... Santana mounts up Muraco in the coner and cimbs up and blasts Muraco as the crowd counts along... Santana whips Muraco, but Muraco completely 180's Tito back into the corner they just came from squashing referee Dick Kroll. Muraco with one arm whips Santana into ropes and goes for an elbow which Tito ducks and Tito flies off with a flying forearm and covers Muraco...1...2...3... The crowd chants as referee Dick Kroll tries to get back to his feet... Santana comes over to help and Muraco comes up from behind with an atomic drop, but Tito floats over the top and and rolls Muraco up from behind and bridges 1..2...3... The crowd chants again, but Kroll is still slow to get over to make the count, finally he does...1...2....Muraco kicks out at 2 7/8th... Tito blasts back with several right hands... Mr. Fuji climbs back on the apron... Muraco sends Tito into the ropes and Tito flies off with a forearm, but Muraco ducks and Tito ends up blasting Mr. Fuji... As referee Dick Kroll tries to get Fuji out of the ring, Muraco grabs Fuji's cane and breaks it over Tito Santana's head and covers for the 1...2...3....

The Time of the Match: 23:39 Your Winner and Still WWWF Intercontinental Champion "THE MAGNIFICENT" MURACO RATED: C+

INTERMISSION

July 16th, 1983: Philadelphia, PA: The Philadelphia Spectrum (Continued)

The Spectrum

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/spectrum.jpg

Back From Intermission

Gary Michael Capetta, makes the announcemnet, "Ladies and Gentlemen after consulting with physicians and commisioner Pat Patterson, Bob Backlund has announced hat there is no way the fan of Philadelphia will go home without seeing the World Title matchup and that Backlund is 100% ready to wrestle Sgt. Slaughter in tonights Feature Contest!"

MATCH #6

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TonyGarea.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SDJones.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MoondogRex.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MoondogSpot.jpg

Moondogs attack Jones and Garea as they are being announced by Gary Michael Cappeta... Its big forearm time by the Moondogss they sperate their opponents into opposite corners and continue to punish with stomps, forearms and closed fists... The Moondogs whip their opponenents into each other, but Jones & Garea reverse and the Moondogs collide mid ring... A dropkick by Garea and a headbut by Jones send the Moondogs to the floor... Back in the ring... Spot locks it up with Garea, Spot grabs a sideheadlock takedown and Garea turns it into a headscissors.... Rex stomps Garea to breakup headscissors and Spot drops an elbow.. Spot whips Garea into ropes, but is reversed by Tony who hits a backbody drop... Hiptoss, then a bodyslam, then an arm ringer and a tag into SD Jones who enters with a punch to the ribs, then he grabs an arm ringer on Spot.... Spot slams Jones, but Jones holds on and keeps an arm bar locked on... Jones rings the arm and pulls Spots arm over his shoulder and tags in Garea and its double arm ringer time... Garea with an armbar and Spot backs him into corner and Spot drives a knee while Rex holds Garea.... Rex comes in and slams Garea, drops an elbow and covers for 2 count... Sot tags back in and while Rex holds Garea's legs down, Spot leaps off the second rope with an elbow and he covers for a 2 count.... Spot hits a suplex and then slams Garea's head into Rex's boot, which he held up on the top turnbuckle.. Spot holds Garea's arms and Rex tags in and opens up on Tony's mid-section... Rex goes for a suplex, but Gare rolls into a small package for a 2 count... Garea goes for a tag, but Spot runs in to stop him... Referee Joey Marella, stops Spot and doesn' see tag and forces SD Jones back out and the Moondogs double team Garea some more... Spot hits a legdrop for a 2 count.. Spot hits a knee lift and covers for a 2 1/2 count... Rex tags in and climbs to second rope and leaps with an elbow smash, but nobody's home... Garea lunges and tags in SD Jones... Jones comes in with a flurry of right jabs and then has an uppercut for both Moondogs... Jones alternates right hands to each Moondog, who then rake SD's eyes and give him a double headbut, but The Moondogs feel the affect of the head but and are dazed... Jones slams Spot, slams Rex and covers for a 1...2.... and Spot goes for an elbow to break up the count, but Jones rolls out of way and Spot elbow his partner...Garea re-enters and all four men are in the ring... Garea slams Rex and climbs to outside of turnbuckle and ascends to tp rope... SD Jones whipped Spot into turnbuckle and the momentum from Jones whip and Spot hitting corner throw Garea of top rope and he lands on the concrete floor... Spot is caught in a bear hug... But Rex makes the save blasting SD from behind... Rex grabs a bear hug on SD, and Spot hits the ropes and clotheline's SD while Rex was holding him... Rex then scooped up Jones and delivered a backbreaker and held him over his knee, while Spot leaps off second rope with an elbow to the upper torso of Jons and covers for the 1...2....3.....

The Time: 8:46 Your Winners: REX & SPOT "THE MOONDOGS" RATED: D

MATCH #7

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/IronSheik.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/PedroMorales.jpg

The Iron Sheik vs Pedro Morales

Sheik grabs the mic and starts running down the United States...."IIIIran numbah v-one... De Sheik is the greatest prpfessional wrestling in the world , here in Viladelphia Spectrum, US of A ahht tooey..." Morales then grabs the Sheik from behind and blasts the Sheik with several left hands... Morales grabbed the Sheik for a vertical suplex... Morales grabs Sheik again and applies his finishing move the Side suplex, which he turns into a backbreaker, but The Sheik put his foot on the ropes at the 2 1/2 count...Sheik rolls out of the ring and throws several steel chairs into the ring, which Morales opens up and sits down on, while urging the sheik to come back in... The Sheik is hesitant about entering the ring, but Morales makes his mind up for him and slingshots The Sheik in... Morales whips Sheik into ropes and delivers a punch to the breadbasket... With Sheik bent over, Morales applies a small package for a 2 1/2 count... Morales grabs a side headlock and lifts himself high up in the air, for a flying side headlock takeover... Morales does this again and gets a 2 count on Sheik while his shoulders were on the mat while still in the headlock... Morales tries for a 3rd flying headlock takeover, but Sheik tosses him on ropes where he crotches himself over the top rope... Sheik then stomps away at Morales as he falls to the mat... Sheik hangs Morales upside down in the corner and stomps away at his mid section until referee Dick Kroll has to interject himself... Sheik pulls Morales out and hits a gutwrench suplex for a 2 count... Sheik whips Morales into corner and as he charges Morales lifts himself up and over Sheik for a sunset flip and a 2 count... Sheik kicks out and kicks Morales in the head... Sheik goes for a suplex, but Morales turns into a small ackage for another 2 count... Sheik gets up and kicks Morales in the head again and whips Morales, hitting a clotheline...Sheik goes for a camel clutch, but Morales scoots back behind Sheik and pulls Sheiks leg's out from under him and applies a Boston Crab, but Sheik is in the ropes... Sheike falls to outside and Morales follows after...Sheik grabs his flag and hits Morales in the head... Morales falls againt apron and Sheik hits him again and Morales is busted open.... Morales escapes into the ring, but Sheik follows with his flag and nails Morales 3 more times, reeree Dick Kroll calls for the bell and the Sheik grabs Kroll and throws him over the top rope rope... Sheik applies a camel clutch using the flag to choke Morales at the same time, while Morales head is gushing blood... Ivan Putski, Tony Atlas, Rick McGraw, Scotty McGhee and Tito Santana all run into the ring to pull The Sheik off, while the Sheik swings his flag at all the calvary that had made their way to the ring...

The Time of the Match: 8:53 Your Winner as a result of Disqualification: PEDRO MORALES RATED: C-

MATCH #8

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BigJohnStudd.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/PaulOrndorff.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BobbyHeenan.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/RickySteamboat-1.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JimmySnuka.jpg

"The Heenan Family" "Big" John Studd & "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff vs Ricky Steamboat & Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka

Stuud approaches Snuka and Snuka flexes his chest in prpeperation for Studd and to get the crowd going... Studd and Snuka lockup and Studd clubs Snuka into corner, Studd drives his knee into stomach of Snuka and then whips Snuka acroos, but Snuka leaps up on second rope and dives with a high cross body taking down Studd, Orndorff runs in and Snuka has a chop for him and then one for Studd... Steamboat evens it ou as all four men are in the ring for a stairdown... Snuka relocks back up with Studd and Studd tosses him into corner, as Studd goes for a big forearm Snuka ducks out from undernath and chops awy at Studd... Snuka springs himself up, off the 2nd rope to get high enoug to deliver a headbut, which staggers Studd over to tag in Orndorff... Orndorff runs in ans Snuka takes him down with an armdrag... Snuka holds an armbar while tagging in Steamboat who wrenches up the other arm... Steamboat jerks the arm of Orndorff , putting pressure on the elbow, then lifts Orndorff off the ground with a wristlock, which he turns into an armdrag... Orndorff slams Steamboat, but Steamboat maintains armbar... He clenches in another arm ringer, but just as he completes, Orndorff forearms Steamboat and takes over.... Several forearm smashes by Orndorff stagger Steamboat, as Orndorff shakes his arm trying to get feeling back in it... Orndorff whips Steamboat who slides under Orndorff's leags and hits an armdrag, another armdrag and another by Steamboat... Orndorr complains of hairpulling while in yet another armbar... Orndorff backs Steamboat into his corner and Studd tags in, they try and double team, but Steamboat ducks out and alternates chops to both men... Steamboat armringers Studd, but Studd applies a knee lift and then slams Steamboat... Studd hits ropes to drop an elbow, but Steamboat rolls and tags in Snuka, who chops away at Studd... Orndorff enters and Snuka chops him... Heenan climbs on the apron and Snuka chops him, but as Snuka turns attention from Heenan, Studd connects with a big elbow...Studd throws Snuka to the floor and Orndorff attacks with kicks until Steamboat comes around from other side... Heenan takes a cheap shot on Snuka, while Steamboat squares up with Orndorff... Studd pulls Snuka back in the ring with a suplex... Studd connects with an elbow drop for first 2 count of match... Orndorff tags in and delivers elbows right to bridge of nose of Snuka.... Orndorff then drives his knee, over and over again into Snuka's back... Orndorff connects with a backbreaker fr a 2 1/2 count... Orndorff snap mares Snuka and puts his knee in Snuka's back while pulling back with a reverse chinlock... Snuka gets to feet and Orndorff turns into a side headlock, but Snuka elbows out, hits ropes with a shoulder tackle taking Orndorff down and tags Steamboat, who comes in a choppin... Steamboat reverses an Orndorff whip and catches Mr. Wonderful with a press slam and dropkicks Studd trying to enter the ring... Steamboat uses the ropes for momentum to roll up Orndorff for a 2 count... Steamboat slams Orndorff and tags Snuka who climbs ropes and flies off with a chop to the head... Orndorff looks like dead weight as he falls to the matt and Snuka covers for the 1...2...3/4... Snuka hits a diving headbut and covers for another 2 count... Snuka bouncing off the ropes goes for another diving headbutt, but Orndorff moves and tags Studd... Studd comes in clubbing with somecrushing forearms..Studd slams Snuka face first with his head hitting the top turnbuckle... Studd stomps away at mid-section, while Orndorff pulls at Snuka' chin through the ropes.. Orndorff back in hits several right hands, and a swinging neckbreaker out of no-where... Snuka lunges for a tag, but Wonderful holds him by his foot and drags him back....Studd tags in and applies a bear hug on Snuka... Studd holds bearhug for a few minutes and Snuka tries to chop his way out... He finally does and tries to make tag, but Orndorff again pulls him by the leg and back towards his corner... Orndorff tags in an double axe handles Snuka on back of neck and sets Snuka up for a piledriver... Snuka gets pulled up, but kcks his way back to his feet and backdrops Orndorff, then hot tags in Steamboat... Chops for Onrdorff, chops for Studd.. A high cross body off the ropes gets a 2 count on Orndorff...an elbow to Studd drops him to the floor, where he is handed something by Bobby Heenan... A body slam on Orndorff and Steamboat climbs the ropes and then dives for a high cross body block off the top rope ...1....2... Heenan grabs Orndorff's leg and puts on ropes... Snuka goes after Heena, chasing him around ring... Studd climbs back on apron and hits Seamboat with a glancing blow, but it looks as f he has a foreign object in his hand.... Steamboat dazed backs into a full nelson by Orndorff... Studd goes to hit Steamboat, but Steamboat ducks out of hold and Studd nails Orndorff.... Steamboat clothelines Studd and Studd falls over top rope and is met with chops by Snuka... Orndorff is wobbling in the rng and Steamboat leaps over him with a sunset flip...1...2....3.... Orndorff kicks out, but a hair too late...

The Time of The Match: 17:49 Your Winners: The team of JIMMY "SUPERFLY" SNUKA & RICKY STEAMBOAT RATED: C

MATCH #9

WWWF World Heavyweight Championship

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/wwf_world_hvy.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BobBacklund3.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SgtSlaughter.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/FreddieBlassie.jpg

WWWF Champion: Bob Backlund vs Challenger: Sgt. Slaughter w/ "Classy" Freddie Blassie

Our camera's catch the beginning of this match up as The Challenger attacks with his cattle prod much like he did, earlier in the evening... The Champion fights back, using his championship belt as a weapon

(Out of character: Please ignore the Intermission statements, as they do not reflect WWWF No Hulk/No Vince)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01tliVmD5ns&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01tliVmD5ns&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

From this point on Backlund plays pinball with Sgt. Slaughter whipping him face first into each turnbuckle with the Sarge landing on his stomach... A final whip by Backlund sends Sarge going face first over the turnbuckle and landing with his head against the top of the ring post and we have a bloody Sarge... An uncharacteristically animal-like Backlund chases Slaughter outside the ring and blasts away at Slaughter's wound further opening up the challenger... Slaughter escapesinto the ring and catches Backlund following him in with a knee... Slaughter rains down with several double axe handles on the champion.. Then delivers a few headbutts into the neck region of Backlund... Slaughter drops an elbow to the forhead of backlund, which looked like it instantly ripped open the champion... Slaughter backed him into the corner and knawed at Backlund's head, further busting him open... Slaughter whips Backlund into the corner , but the champ reverses and hits a big back body drop which shakes the ring... Backlund see's he's bleeding and this fires him up even more as he mounts Slaughter in the corner and blasts down on Slaughters heads with several right hands as the crowd counts along... Backlundhiptosses Slaughter out of thecorner and Sarge continues to roll out of the ring... Backlund follows him out and Slaughter takes a wild punch at Backlund which Backlund ducks and hits an Atomic knee drop on the floor that sends Sarge crashing into ring post again... Backlund rolls Slaughter back in the ring... Backlund snap mares Slaughter then aplies a reverse chinlock... Slaughter gets to his feet and side suplexes his way out of side headlock... Slaugter and Backlund slowly get to their feet and Slaughter hits ropes and fires off with a vicious clotheline for a 1..2... and 3/4 as backlund just gets his shoulder up... Slaughter pulls Backlund to his feet and delivers a bodyslam and covers again for a 2 count... Slaughter pulls Backlund up again and lifts Backlund over his shoulder for a back breaker, before delivering even more force by crashing to his knees and covering for another 1...2....3/4 Slaughter lifts Backlund again and whips him into ropes and goes for another Cannon, but Backlund ducks hits opposite side of ring ropes and fires back with Lou Thesz press and pounds away at Slaughter... Slaughter rakes the eyes and goes for a suplex, but Backlund blocked it, and delivered a suplex of his own, showing great strength and stamina by holding Slaughter up in the air for several seconds... Backlund began driving his knee into Slaughter's shoulder , by lifting his lower torso way up in the air and crashing down with his knee... Backlund rolls over Sarge for a 2 count... Backlund lifts Sarge to his feet and Slaughter grabs Backlund by tights and pulls him out of the ring again... Slaughter chops away at Backlund then drives Backlund's back up against ring post... Slaughter comes at Backlund with a cannon , but Backlund ducks and Sarge hits ring post with his shoulder... Backlund takes Slaughter's arm and slams it around the ring post... Backlund just slides in under the bottom rope narey beating Dick Weurhle's 10 count... Slaughte ron the ring apron has Backlund take his arm and slingshot it down across top rope... Slaughter crumbles to his knee on outside of apron... Backlund lifts Sarge up and suplexes him back in the ring for a 2 3/4 count... Backlund grabs an arm ringer, then applies the crossed face chicken wing... Slaughter screams out in pain, but Freddy Blassy is within reach of Slaughters foot and yanks it towards the ropes and tells Weurhle that Slaughter has the rope and Backlund breaks the hold... Backlund slams Slaughter's head into the turnbuckle and whips him across, Slaughter revereses it and charges but Backlund moves again and Slaughter goes through ropes and connects with his shoulder first onto the ring post again... Backlund whips Slaughter in ropes and connects with a huge slap chop and covers for 2... He lifts Slaughte rup and does the same thing for another 2 count...Backlund does the same move a 3rd time and the 3rd time he covers and gets a 2 count as Slaughter 's right arm seems to be hanging to the floor... Backlund grabs a front face lock, but Slaughter runs him right into turnbuckle... Slaughter whips backlund again, and again Backlund reverses, but this time Slaughter flies out with a cannon flooring Backlund, but further injuring Slaughter's shoulder... Backlund is down and prone to a pin attempt, but Slaughter cant get over to cover in time, finally he does and is 1...2...7/8th.... Slaughterhoists Backlund up over his shoulders without using his arm strength and Slaughter falls back with a modified Samoan Drop, again Slaughter struggles to cover and takes too much time and gets another 2 1/2 count... Slaughter with one arm whips Backlund and Backlund reverses whip into ropes ad catches Slaughter in a sleeperhold...Slaughter with the blood dripping down his head and his right arm limp, manages to run Backlund into turnbuckle breakng the sleeperhold... Slaughter drill Backlund wit a couple of elbows...Slaughter then sets up Backlund for a suplex, but Backlund goes right over the top as Slaughter couldn't hold him... Backlund grabs a waistelock from behind.... Slaughter reverses position with backlund and delivers a german suplex and maintaining it into a bridge...1....2....3..... Referee Dick Weurhle makes the count... As both men get to their feet, Slaughter grabs the belt and kicks Backlund in the stomach and celebrates with Blassy... The masked Superstar comes down to the ring to congratulat Slaughter... Slaughter holds the belt in the air with his good left arm, but referee Dick Weurhle takes the belt from Slaughter and tells him his shoulders were pinned, while Backlund lifted his shoulder up from the german suplex and bridge....

The Time of the Match: 25:38 The Winner and STILL !!! WWWF World Heavyweight Champion: BOB BACKLUND RATED: B-

As match ended Slaughter runs at Backlund, but Bob catches him in another sleeperhold... The Masked Superstar attacks Backlund with a double axe handle and tosses Backlund over the top rope to the floor, while raising the hand of Sgt. Slaughter to a chorus of boooo's RATED:C-

=================================================================================================

Attendance: Philadelphia Spectrum: 2,263

OVERALL RATING: C+

(the crowd thought the show was great for our first positive feedback)

Did you find a slight improvement in your card rating now that the Main Event is the last match of the night?

Yes I did, and for the first time the audience gave positive feedback as opposed to the "The show was alright, bt they should be doing better" comments... We got a C+, but I still want to stay true to the way the shows were booked back in this day, that is whay I ran the angle that I did, to have a reason to move this match to the end...

Shizzle fo nizzle! Slaughter should lobby the local wrestling boxing and athletics commission. He was duped. Don't worry Slaughter, Me and the Mouseketeers still believe in our old glory.

I like the story mate, congratulations on what you have achieved so far.

3rd Quarter Results & Prediction analysis

3rd Quarter Results (July-September 1983)

July 16th Philadelphia, PA: The Spectrum

The Tonga Kid beat Charlie Fultan

Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch beat Rick McGraw & Scott McGhee

Mike Sharpe beat Ivan Putski

Tony Atlas beat Rocky Johnson

The Magnificent Muraco beat Tito Santana (IC Title Defense)

The Moondogs Rex & Spot beat SD Jones & Tony Garea

Pedro Morales beat The Iron Sheik by DQ

Ricky Steamboat & Jimmy Snuka beat Paul Orndorff & John Studd

Bob Backlund beat Sgt. Slaughter

Review

It looks as if the WWWF has become somewhat predictable to the knowledgeable fans, however many at ThePhiladelphia Spectrum thought that this show went down really well... Both Bob Backlund (4th) and Magnificent Muraco (1st) defended their titles... Paul Orndrff who had his undefeated streak ended by Ricky STeamboat last month at MSG,takes another pinfall loss to Steamboat in a tag team matchup.. The Iron SHeik is a bit out of control, as Pedro gets the win, due to Sheik losing it and getting disqualified... Tony Atlas wins decisive 3rd matchup against Rocky Johnson... And Iron Mike Sharpe despite some shady practices ups his winning streak to 3 matches in a row...

PREDICTION RESULTS:

1. dse81 8 for 9

2. mattitudeV2 7 for 9

2. the final countdown 7 for 9

2. bhk1978 7 for 9

3. olympia 6 for 9

THERE ARE STILL 6 MORE BIG SHOWS IN THE 3RD QUARTER... (MSG in 2 weeks, Returning to the Spectrum & MSG in August, and 3 shows in Spetember as The WWWF returns to The Boston Garden as well as Spectrum & MSG shows

(o.o.c. Thanks bhk and Olympia for your nom and second for dotm)

<p>PWI Weekly: July: Week 2</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/PWI.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Pro Wrestling Illustrated Weekly</strong></p><p> </p><p>

A rather Slow Week in the World of professional Wrestling</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WWWF:</strong> The WWWF returned to The Philadelphia Spectrum after a 2 month layff... Bob Backlund defended his title against Sgt. Slaughter in a grueling encounter...Also The Magnificent Muraco defended The Intercontinental title against Tito Santana.... Word out of the WWWF is that there may be some roster cuts coming in the next few weeks... Inside sources have stated that there has been some backstage incidences that may result in disciplinary actions as well as some disgruntled workers, may be let go to pursue other opportunities... Combine that with the downturn in attendance, ratings and overal financial aspect, it is rumored that the WWWF which hasn't brought any big names since Adonis & Murdoch signedat the en of May, may attempt to push some lesser known/less expensive names throughout the remainder of what is typically a slow Summer season..</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Maple Leaf Wrestling:</strong> MLW continue to put on great shows in the Ontario region... Roddy Piper currently holds the NWA Canadian Heavyweight title splitting his time between here and Mid Atlantic wrestling... Piper defended his title this past week against Bad News Brown in the match of the night.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>CWF:</strong> Champonship wrestling from Florida has been heating up a bit recently as Kevin Sullivan and Dusty Rhodes feud has been a huge spark for this promotion... Rhodes and Graham toar the house down in a Florida tag team title defense against Blackjack Mulligan & Barry Windham..</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>AWA: </strong> Has recently reached a contract extension with World Champion Nick Bockwinkle, also rumors persist that the AWA may be making a move on some bigger names around the wrestling business... Hulk Hogan defeated Jerry Blackwell to headline this past weekends show which drew almost 7,500 in North Dakota, which also saw an odd tag team match of Ken Patera team up with Ray Stevens to beat Greg Gagne and Jesse Ventura.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MSW:</strong> Dick Murdoch recently announced he was leaving Mid South Wrestling after his contract expired... Right now the well traveled Murdoch is calling the WWWF his only home, for the time being..</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCCW:</strong> The Von Erichs continue to dominate in the Texas area as Kevin continues his strong run as World Class American Heavyweight Champion recently defending that title for his 8th defense against Iceman Parsons and Kerry recently defeated Bill Irwin for The World Class Texas title.</p>

<p>July 16th, 1983: Tuesday Night Titans (TNT on USA)</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:36px;">TUESDAY NIGHT TITANS (TNT on USA)</span></strong></p><p> Gorilla Monsoon and Gene Okerlund open the show from their ringside table... <strong>(Monsoon)</strong> "Hello everyone and welcome to another week of TNT on USA and tonight we have a big showdown between The Wild Samoan's and The French Connection, except tonight it will break down into 3 singles matchups between the members of this team.... We will see highlights from this past Saturday nights World Title matchup between Bob Backlund and Sgt. Slaughter as well as words from the champion, but for now lets go to the ring!"</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="23333" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SuperstarGraham.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SalvatoreBellomo.jpg</span><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">"Superstar" Billy Graham beat Salvatore Bellomo 7:59</span></strong></p><p> The Superstar spent almost as much time to enter the ring as he did wrestlingthe match.. After heckling with fans around ringside, then again heckling with fans while on the apron... Superstar finally entered ring and made a big to do about taking off his shirt....After that it was flex time for the fans while Superstar stood posing in the middle of the ring... Bellomo would dropkick him into corner to start match, but Superstar took over from there with a crunching backbreaker... He pounded away on Bellomo until Bellomo was broken down enough for Graham to climb to the top rope... Graham came down with a knee drop across the back and rolled Bellomo over for the pin... <strong>RATED: E</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>EVENT CENTER w/ Billy Red Lyons:</strong> <strong>(Red Lyons)</strong> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Alright wrestling fans we have a 3 single matches tonight as The French Connection will face off against The Samoan's ... It'll be Andre vs Samula, Dino Bravo vs Sika and Rick Martel vs Afa tonight on TNT... Ladies and gentlemen welcome in The French Connection...</span></strong> <strong>(Martel)</strong> <strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Samoan's we have your number and tonight its going down in singles action... Well just as you are a great tag team and the French Connection is becoming a great team, we actually are 3 great individual wrestlers... Dino Bravo and myself have made our name as singles wrestlers and we dont even need to discuss Ande.. Tonight Samoans we will prove to you that we can take down the mighty Samoans."</span></strong></strong> <strong>(Andre)</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>You know Billy, when we beat these guys, they will have to give another tag title shot to us an it doesn't even matter who its going to be, thats why we are the best team in the world, because you can take any combination of us Billy and we can win the titles with any combination... </strong></span> <strong>(Bravo)</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Samoan's get ready for a fight, we have the biggest man in wrestling, one of the best pure wrestlers in wrestling and me, well I just really like to fight, so be ready tonight Samoans for the fights of your life...</strong></span> <strong>RATED: C-</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MaskedSuperstar-1.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/FreddieBlassie.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/IvanPutski.jpg</span></p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Masked Superstar w/ "Classy" Freddie Blassie beat "Polish Power" Ivan Putski 9:02</span></strong></p><p> The Masked Superstar grabs reverse waistelocks and full nelsons and we see Putski's strength to power out... Putski even blocked a Masked Superstar suplex attempt and suplexed the big man with his own suplex... Putski went for a bear hug, but hard a hard time applying tremendous pressure as he couldn't keep his arms locked... Putski lowered his head on backdrop attempt and was met with a punt to the face by The Masked Superstar who grabbed a handful of tights and covered for the pin..... <strong>RATED: D-</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>EVENT CENTER W/ Billy Red Lyons: (Lyons) </strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Well earlier we spoke with the French Connection, and now we have the World Tag Team CHampions Afa & Sika along with Samula with their manager Lou Abano....But Lou Curtis Iaukea is a bit conspiciuos by his absence.... </span></strong> <strong>(Albano)</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Dont you worry about King Curtis Iaukea Billy Red Lyons, he's devising a pre-match meal, cutting the head off a chicken and what not to get the meanest, baddest, most destructive tag team in the world today ready for the french Connection of Rick Martel, Dino Bravo and the 8th wonder of the world Andre The Giant... But look at my team Billy Red Lyons... These men are all well over 6 feet tall, combined weight of 1000 pounds of mass destuction... Look into the eyes, look into their faces, look at appetite they have to inflict pain, to hurt somebody, to mutilate someone... beating their opponents is just not good enough and The French Connection has become a little thorn in my side, but after tonight they will go th way of The Soul Patrol, they will go the way of The Invaders, they will go the way of The Moondogs, they will go the way of Ivan Putski & Pedro Morales.... This is my team, the greatest team in wrestling today and there is no way a The French Connection will stop us... </strong></span><strong>RATED: C-</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#8B0000;">A Highlight Package of Last Saturday Nights Bob Backlund world title defense against Sgt. Slaughter airs... As well as the the post match attack by The Masked Superstar....</span></strong> <strong>RATED: D+</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bob Backlund is ringside with Gorilla Monsoon and Gene Okerlund... (Backlund)</strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">"Well Gorilla, Gene I am out here to day to make an annnouncement and that is I'm sick of all these guys like Magnificent Muraco and Sgt. Slaughter and Mr Fuji and Masked Superstar and Freddie Blassie piling up in numbers to wreak havock here in the WWWF... So what I'm here today is to start my own little group... I'm looking for a group of young wrestlers who are hungry, who have drive, who have desie, who have the courage to fight these evil forces here in the WWWF and thats a group of men, who want to do the right thing, who want to improve by working hard, and thats what we've all commtited to do is just push each other to train, to work hard and to be the best that we can possibly be, while at the same time, being a role model for the kids out there.. By doing the right thing, training hard, wrestling with respect and tonight tese men who have made the commitment will unify tonight to wrestle and take that next step to being the best that they can be.... </span></strong><strong>RATED: E+</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/EddieGilbert2.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BBrianBlair2.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SpikeHuber.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/DougSomers.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BuddyLandell.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/LarrySharpe.jpg</span></p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Eddie Gilbert, Brian Blair & Spike Huber beat "The Platinum Bombers" Doug Somers & Buddy Landell & "Pretty Boy" Larry Sharpe 8:17</span></strong></p><p> Backlund joined Monsoon & Okerlund at ringside for this match... Discussing eac man as they entered... It was Blair first, who Backlund touted as a man with an extensive amateur background, great speed and quickness and a man that just needs to be pushed, and he'll get that training with us, whether it be running 15 miles a day, riding a bike, doing the Harvard steptest... Blair will excel and is a future champion... Huber entered next, as Monsoon and Okerlund announced that this is his first match here in the WWWF.. Spike Huber is a well built, tough as nails type guy who has worked in the fields and on the farm, he has worked in construction, so he knows what hard work is a about, stated Backlund... Gilbert then came in and Backlund stated how he was his prized student... He's a second generation kid, who grew up in this business, he has a bit of a temper, but we'll work on harnassing his temper and letting it loose at the right times... Backlund adds these men, will fight and wrestle with honor, none of the backjumping, cheap shotting stuff you see frm guys like Freddy Blassie's army.... Blair grabbed a slepper hold on Doug Somers as Huber & Gilbert fended off Landell & Sharpe for the win... <strong>RATED: E</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>EVENT CENTER w/ Billy Red Lyons: (Lyons)</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Still to come tonight French Connection vs The Samoan's in singles competition, but I want to bring your attention to a match signed for next Saturday Night in Madison Square Garden... Bruno Sammartino vs this man Greg "The Hammer" Valentine... </strong></span> <strong>(Valentine)</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>You know Bruno Sammartino, you were beat like you've never been beat before... You call yourself a living legend, well I BEAT YOU TO THE POINT WHERE I COULD"VE PINNED YOU WHENEVER I WATED... YOU BEAT ME AND MY FOOT WAS ON THE ROPES.... AD YOU WANT TO TAKE THAT WIN.. YOU WANT TO TAKE THAT WIN SAMMARTINO, WELL YOUR A GUTLESS, WORTHLESS NO GOOD HAS BEEN, AND NEXT SATURDAY NIGHT THERE WILL BE NO MERCY, FOR YOU....THE HAMMER WILL NOT LET UP.... I WILL BEA YOU UNTIL YOUR CAREER IS ENDED AND YOU NEED TO BESTRETCHERED OUT OF THE ARENA... And will I feel sorry for you as they stretcher you out... Hell no Sammartino, I will spit in your face as they brace you because of the broken neck, or leg or back that I'll deliver to you next Saturday.... </strong></span><strong>RATED: D+</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/AndretheGiant.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Samu.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/LouAlbano2.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/KingCurtis.jpg</span></p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Andre The Giant beat Samula W/ Lou Albano & "King" Curtis Iaukea 4:08</span></strong></p><p> Samula attacks Andre as he tries to enter the ring, but basically he justs kicks until Andre can get to his feet...Andre hoists Samula up for a big slm... Albano & Iaukea get on the apron and Andre slams there heads together as Monsoon yells "Double Noggin Knocker" ... Andre whips Samula into corner and runs i with a splash and hits a sitdown splash for the 1..2...3... <strong>RATED: D+</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>EVENT CENTER w/ Billy Red Lyons: (Lyons)</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Well earlier we talked with Greg Valentine and right now we have his opponent for enxt Saturday Night in New York City's Madison Square Garden Bruno Sammartino, and Bruno the Hammer had some very choice words for you" </strong></span> <strong>(Bruno)</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Well, that all fine, Billy, because one thing that I have done throughout my career is back up my words with actions in the ring... And I'll admit I was a little rusty last time out Valentine... I'll admit I have some ring rust, but since that day, which I'll remind you Valentine, I beat you... I have been working out nahn-stop... I am in tip -top shape... I'm stronger....I have motivation like I haven't been motivated in a lahng time Greg Valentine and next week I'll let my actions be my words... </strong></span><strong>RATED: C-</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/DinoBravo2.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Sika.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/LouAlbano2.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/KingCurtis.jpg</span></p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Dino Bravo beat Sika w/ Lou Albano and "King" Curtis Iaukea 11:56</span></strong></p><p> Andre the Giant remained at ringside for this match. Albano tripped Bravo as he was running the ropes and Andre imediately came over and chopped Albano who sat in a chair holding his chest the remainder of the match. Sika and Bravo went back and forth for a bit, until Sika caught Bravo in a firemen's carry and hit a Samoan drop... Sika went for a splash but Bravo rolled out of way and came back with a dropkick that sent Sika into ropes and Bravo caught him with a powerslam as he bounced back off the ropes, for the 1...2..3... <strong>RATED: D</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#8B0000;">A graphic hyping next weeks main event just signed Greg "The Hammer" Valentine vs "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas.... and that commissioner Pat Patterson has assigned special enforcer referee Swede Hanson to the match...</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/RickMartel.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Afa.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/LouAlbano2.jpg</span><span>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/KingCurtis.jpg</span></p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Rick Martel beat Afa w/ Lou Albano & "King" Curtis Iaukea</span></strong></p><p> Andre and Bravo stayed at ringside for the french Connection while Sika stayed out for Samoans... Martel was a house of fire on Afa blasting with right hands, hitting a big backdrop ..... Then doing that pump your knees up high to get the crowd going move and blasting Afa some more... A dropkick sent Afa to the floor... tension then arose outside the ring as all combatants converged over and Martel slingshot himself over top rope and onto Afa... Back in the ring Afa reversed an Irsih whip into the corner and splashed Martel... Afa then landed some headbuts... a hard bodyslam then a diving headbut got a 2 unt...Afa ripped at Martel's face...and stomped away with his bare feet... Afa whipped Martel into turnbuckle and charged, but Marel brought his legs up and over Afa for a sunset flip for 2 count, but Afa did a sitdown splash for his own 2 count... Samula made his way back out to ringside and he and Bravo looked like they were going to go at it... Afa slammed Martel in middle of ring and climbed turnbuckle... Martel got up and threw him off the tope rope...Martel blasted Albano and Iaukea climbing on the apron... Martel scooped Afa's legs up from under him, landing Afa on his back... Martel while holding Afa's legs flipped on top of Afa and got the 1...2..3... While Monsoon calls out that, "The French Connection have swept the tag team champions."<strong>RATED: C-</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#8B0000;">After the match all 6 men got int the ring and we had a 3 on 3 brawl in the ring as TNT went off the air... </span></strong><strong>RATED D</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> ========================================================================</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>ATTENDANCE: Brantford, Ontario, Canada: Brantford Civic Center: 2,000 (Sold Out)</strong></p><p><strong> Overall Rating: D+</strong></p><p><strong> TNT on USA Rating: .18</strong></p>

<p>July 23rd, 1983: Saturday am (All Star Wrestling)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Joe Garagiola & Tony Kubek are ready to bring you MLB game of the Week in a little bit, but right now its time for WWF All Star Wrestling late morning or early afternoon depending on where you live</strong></p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:36px;">WWWF ALL STAR WRESTLING</span></strong></p><p> <strong>Hosted by Dick Graham & Lord Alfred Hayes w/ Gene Okerlund in the event center</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="23333" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Ricky Steamboat & Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka beat "The Platinum Bombers" Buddy Landell & Doug Somers 5:43</span></strong><p> Johnny Valiant not in the corner again of his Platinum Bombers... Steamboat & Snuka work over the blond dou with an arsenal of thunderous chops... Steamboat hits a high cross body block on Somers and rolls off and tags Snuka for a Superfly splash and the 1...2...3.. <strong>RATED: D-</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Dick Graham grabs Steamboat & Snuka for a ringside interview and asks Ricky Steamboat about who he is going to challenge next week at Madison Square Garden after lasts month's victory over Paul Orndorff.. Steamboat replies,</strong> "<strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Well Dick, there's a big part of me, that would like to take this man (pointing to Snuka) and make a run at the Samoan's and make a run at their tag team title, but after watching what The French Connection did to the Samoans on TNT this past Tuesday, I think its only fair that they recieve a tag title match, and those guys Dick, are really good friends of mine... They deserve it, and there will be a time when you'll see this man (again pointing to Snuka) and myself make a serious run at the worl tag titles.. Also Dick, Its every man's dream to become a world champion... So to have a shot to challenge Bob Backlund I think that could perhaps be one of the greatest scientific matchups in the history of this sport... BUt honestly Dick, there is one man, who I've really grown tired of, Whether its the running of his mouth, interference of his manager or whatever other despicable acts he has done and thats Don Muraco (Snuka stands by nodding his head) and after thinking long and hard about this, I'd like to use my winners stipulation to challenge for The Intercontinental title in Madison Square Garden next Saturday Night! (Snuka slaps Steamboats chest, and pats him on the back after making the announcement</span></strong> <strong>RATED: C-</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>EVENT CENTER w/ Gene Okerlund: (Okerlund)</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>"Well it was just announced for next Saturday Night at Madison Square Garden Intercontinental Title on the line Ricky Steamboat challenging The Magnificent Muraco, also a return match signed back at last month's card featuring Greg Valentine and Bruno Sammartino... and now right from Commisioner Pat Patterson's office signing for a World TagTam Title matchup these two gentlemen Rick Martel & Dino Bravo will challenge The Wild Samonas'... </strong></span> <strong>(Martel)</strong> "<strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">You know Gene, I couldn't be more excited than I am right now, because we just got the great news that we will recieve the shot at the tag team titles, but thats not all...because Pat Patterson has grown tired of the Albano and Iauke interefering , that he not only signed the match, but he also, ...man I'm so excited, you tell him Dino.." </span></strong> (Bravo) <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Since they do not have a manager's liscence, Iaukea and Samula will be barred from ringside... Lou Albano will be handcuffed to Andre The Giant... and to avoid interfering in the match it will be held INSIDE A STEEL CAGE!!!</span></strong> <strong>(Okerlund)</strong> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">WOW! THAT IS HUGE EWS... Martel & Bravo vs The Samoan's inside a steel cage, with Iaukea & Samula barred from ringside and Lou Albano handcuffed to Andre The Giant NEXT SATURDAY NIGht at Madison Square Garden...</span></strong> <strong>RATED: C-</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Tony Atlas beat Rene Goulet 8:11</span></strong></p><p> Goulet uses a finger poke in a collar an elbow tie up to gain early advantage...Goulet would rake Atlas eyes over his boot laces, the top rope and with his thumbs and fingers... Goulet would apply a claw hold, but Tony's power took over finishing off Goulet with a press slam after carrying him around the ring for a bit <strong>RATED: D</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>EVENT CENTER w/ Gene Okerlund: (Okerlund)</strong> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Alright big matches already announced French Connection challenging The Samoan's inside a steel cage for the world tag titles and Ricky Steamboat invoking his winners clause last month to challenge THIS MAN, The Magnificent Don Muraco for The Intercontinental title."</span></strong> <strong>(Muraco)</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Ricky Steamboat, you arrive here in the WWWF talking about your Hawaiin ancestry, you come in here with your glamour boy looks, like you should be on the cover of cosmopolitan, but my friend there is just one man, who bleeds Hawaiian blood, there is just one man who has Hawaiian his sole and thats me The Magnificent Muraco... You can go down to Waikiki, or over to the island of Molokai, or over to Sunset Beach or to the North Shore and they talk aout ONE MAN and Thats Magnificent Muraco... So Steamboat you want to challenge me, you want to face the darkness that is Magnificent Muraco.. I'll introduce you to the darkness that is the bottom of the pipeline... I'll introduce you to the darkness that is Magnificent Muraco...Steamboat I'll rip that little bit of Hawaian heritage right out of your soul brother and you feel like you've had a voodoo spell put on you.... I'll grab your heart, your soul and squeeze it till ther is nothing left, and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it... </strong></span> <strong>(Fuji)</strong> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;"> "Verrdy Good, ha ha ha ha hahahaha" </span></strong> <strong>RATED: D-</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Brian Blair & Spike Huber w/ Bob Backlund beat Tiger Chung Lee & Paul Christy 7:09</span></strong></p><p> Backlund stops to talk with Dick Graham about, "Beginning a movement of wrestlers who will do their talking in the ring, they will prove themselves with hard work and determination and these two men along with Eddie Gilbert and myself will train hard everyday to prove hard work will pay off." Chung Lee starts and works over Huber for a bit, then tags in Paul Christy who gets caught in an armdrag... Huber and Blair make fast tags and keep Christy off guard with quick arm ringers, a double hip toss and a double drop kick... Huber hits Christy with a hard elbow, then an elbow drop and tags Blair who whips Christy and catches him with a sleeper, while Huber keeps Chung Lee from breaking it up... <strong>RATED: F+</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#8B0000;">Ater the match Chung Lee is visibly upset with Paul CHristy and gives him a high thrust karate kick to the chin and walks off</span></strong> <strong>RATED: F+</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>EVENT CENTER w/ Gene Okerlund: (Okerlund)</strong> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">The matches are being announced at a hectic pace and word has just come out that we will see a WORLD TITLE MATCH at Madison Square Garden as well as Bob Backlund will defend the WWWF World Title against another henchmen in Fred Blassie's army... The Masked Superstar!"</span></strong> <strong>(Backlund) </strong> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">"You see Gene, thats why I've found three young kids who are hungry to make a name for themselves in the world of wrestling the right way, through hard work and determination... Maske Superstar you get a world title match because you ARE a very talented individual, but also because you stuck your nose in a place where it didn't belong, you let Freddy Blassie play politics to get another one of his men a world title match, well thats fine, because Blassie I am going to take your men out one by one... Masked Superstar get ready to see a more violent Bob Backlund, and thats only the fault of your manager and coherts that have brought this out in me.." </span></strong> <strong>RATED: C-</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">"Big" John Studd w/ Bobby "The Brain" Heenan beat George Wells 5:44</span></strong></p><p> Wells started off strong with several shoulder tackles that almost knocked over Studd... Wells then hit a dropkick out of nowhere to rock Studd into the ropes and almost scooped up Studd for the slam, but Studd blocked it then went to work n wells... A couple of precisely placed elbows, a body slam and several shouldr tackles in the corner winded Wells before Studd lifted Wells arm and punched him extremely hard in the chest knocking wells down and covering for the 1...2...3.... <strong>RATED: E+</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>EVENT CENTER w/ Gene Okerlund: (Okerlund)</strong> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">3 titles will be on the line next Saturday Night as The French Connection challenge The Samoans for the World Tag team titles... Ricky STeamboat challenges The Magnificent Muraco for the Intercontinental Title and the man standing next to me will challenge Bob Backlund for the WWWF World Heavyweight Championship."</span></strong> <strong>(Masked Superstar)</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>"You know what Gene, I am in the most perfect spot I could ever asked to be in... Bob Backlund has been beaten down by Magnificent Muraco, then by Sgt. Slaughter, he's spent time in the hospital, he's been bloodied and now I get a title shot next Saturday Night after Intercontinental title match announced, after Wrold Tag team title announced.... And sliding in without much hype The Masked Superstar gets my long overdue shot at Backlund, and Backlund is worried about starting his own little group, he's still bitter about what went down with Sgt. Slaughter, that he may not be taking this serious, but you should Bob Backlund.. You should... Ive been all over the world and faced the best competition and I've beaten them all... And you know Gene and the people know, and moe importantly all those wrestlers in the back knw, that when I say something its as good as gold.... I'm one of the few people in this sport that you can bank on and this Saturday Nightsliding in under the radar you better bank on the Masked Superstar... </strong></span> <strong>RATED: D+</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff w/ Bobby "The Brain" Heenan beat Pedro Morales 9:49</span></strong></p><p> Orndorff attacks Morales while he takes off his jacket... Punching away in the corner, shoulderblocking the wind out of Morales in the corner, then stomping at the midsection... Orndorff slams Morales and then drives anelbow to the forehead for a 2 count.. Morales is slammed again and Orndorff tries to drop an elbow but misses.. Morales blocks several punches and fires back with left hands... Morales hits a clotheline and covers for 2... Morales hits a backdrop, followed by a scoop up body slam and covers for another 2 count..Morales places Orndorff's head between his knees and jumps up and down ringing Ordorf's ears... an Orndorff wild swing is tunred into a baclslide and another 2 count for Pedro... Pedro whips Orndorff, but Orndorff revereses it and pedro is tripped by Bobby Heenan.... Orndorff stomps Pedro out of the ring, then suplexes him back in for a 2 count... Orndorff goes for a side suplex but Morales floats all the way over and nails Orndorff with a big left..Morales sends Orndorff into ropes and goes for a backdrop, but Orndorff puts on breaks and puts Morales head between his legs and nails a piledriver for the 1...2...3.... <strong>RATED: D+</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> ==============================================================================</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Attendance: Niagra Falls, Ontario, Canada: Niagra Falls Arena 2,000 (SOLD OUT)</strong></p><p><strong> Overall Rating: D</strong></p><p><strong> Syndicated TV Rating: .11</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Dark Match:</strong></p><p><strong> "Iron" Mike Sharpe beat Nick Decarlo 4:53 RATED: D</strong></p>

Archived