WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T)

"Iron" Mike Sharpe vs "Quick Draw" Rick McGraw

I was always a fan of McGraw. I gotta pick him.

Johnny Rodz vs Eddie Gilbert

Eddie has more potential than Rodz.

The Iron Sheik vs Tony Garea

How could Sheik lose to Garea?!

Sgt. Slaughter, The Masked Superstar & George "The Animal" Steele vs Rick Martel, Dino Bravo & Andre The Giant

I see Andre's size leaning the favor more toward the French Connection than Slaughter and company.

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka vs "Big" John Studd

Size matters.

Winner recieves a title shot of their choice

Ricky Steamboat vs "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

I was always big on The Dragon. I can't see Mr. Wonderful pulling out the victory.

WWWF Tag Team Title Match

(Champions) Afa & Sika "The Wild Samoan's vs (Challengers) "Polish Power" Ivan Putski & Pedro Morales

As much as I'd love for this to be the case with Putski and Morales finally being the ones to overthrow the Samoans.. I think I am wrong.

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine vs "The Living Legend" Bruno Sammartino

I'm going with my brain and against my heart on this one.

WWWF World Title Matchup inside a STEEL CAGE

(Champion) Bob Backlund vs (Challenger) "The Magnificent" Muraco

I can't see Backlund dropping to Muraco. Shame though.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's give the man with the longest arm injury in history a win.

Hotstuff can be one of those straws that stirs the proverbial drink - given time to properly develop and mature.

Iron Sheik racks up the win. Garea makes him look good in the process

Sgt. Slaughter, The Masked Superstar & George "The Animal" Steele vs Rick Martel, Dino Bravo & Andre The Giant

Only way Andre is going to "lose" is during a tag match. This match could serve as a springboard to a couple new hot feuds (though I'm sure that you're planning to give us Slaughter vs Andre just yet).

Snuka has come up on the short end of the stick against both Sarge and Muraco. I think it's time for him to get a marquee victory.

as I look at this match, I think back to a "guest booker" video where Kevin Sullivan was given the dubious task of booking the WWF in the 80's sans Hogan. If I remember correctly, he went with Paul Orndorff as his world champion (and hot feud against Superstar Graham). For similiar reasons, I'm picking Mr Wonderful to win and set up a challenge for Bob Backlund's world title. Even in defeat, Steamboat can settle into a match with Muraco easy enough - but personally, I'd like to see him team up with Snuka and win the tag titles from the Samoans instead of repeating history with the I/C as his first title.

(Champions) Afa & Sika "The Wild Samoan's vs (Challengers) "Polish Power" Ivan Putski & Pedro Morales

could be a tainted finish, but the Samoans retain the world titles for now.

Bruno will not lose in the Garden. Valentine should carry the offense and look super strong against the legend, but in the end Bruno should get his hand raised.

Backlund finally gets a win over his arch rival. cheap maybe, (taking a beating and then his bloody carcass kicked out of the cage - Muraco wins the war, but loses the match. Backlund could be easy pickings for his next challenger.....

afterward, Paul Orndorff attacks Backlund adding further injury and setting up his world title shot.

Quick Pick Predictions

Iron Mike is one of my favorite jobbers ever so let's keep him jobbing.

As unpredictable as Johnny Rodz may be, Eddie has the upside.

Iran number one!

I have a tough time imagining Andre losing any match in this era.

Keep Big John strong for a shot at Backland.

I hate it but I think Mr. Wonderful goes over.

Afa and Sika ain't losing yet.

I'm a Hammer mark.

Howdy Doody's not losing yet.

"Iron" Mike Sharpe vs. Quick Draw McGraw

Tough call;but I like Sharpe,he was one of the few jobbers who could draw heat.

Gilbert has potential,while Rodz is probably closing in on retirement;besides,I have a feeling Gilbert may play a bigger part eventually.

The Iron Sheik vs. Tony Garea

Sheik is good as long he has a manager while at this point Garea is one of those S.D.Jones "Looks like he might win then messes up and loses" type guys.

Sgt.Slaughter,Masked Superstar & George"The Animal" Steele vs Rick Martel,Dino Bravo, & Andre The Giant

This is a tough one as both sides have their pros and cons:Sarge and Superstar will go places but Steele is older and kind of a wild card on the team;Martel and Bravo are on the way up but still new,but historically Andre tends to be a non factor in team matches as its a safe way to use him to giver someone the rub without hurting his image.I'll go with the heels since Sarge and SS are closer to the top.Guaranteed at some point during the match Monsoon will point out that Martel,Bravo, & Andre have an advantage in that they can communicate in French.

"Superfly" Snuka vs. "Big" John Studd

Jimmy needs a win,plus he has heat with Albano(Capt.Lou was his manager before the turn)...I think ol' Lou will cause a loss for Studd here to develop a story.

Ricky Steamboat vs. "Mr.Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

Steamboat is practically in a league of his own as a wrestler.Dragon wins to get the shot,Paul gets mad at Ricky "stealing" his shot that he worked for,and the fun begins.

Wild Samoans vs. Ivan Putski & Pedro Morales

The Samoans have alot more gas left in the tank than Ivan & Pedro,IMO.

Greg"The Hammer"Valentine vs. "The Living Legend" Bruno Sammartino

Bruno sure isn't getting any younger;if Hammer breaks his leg that would be a good way to give him the rub and build heat for a Valentine/Santana feud.

Bob Backlund vs. Magnificent Muraco

Backlund still looks good,while Muraco just isn't quite "there" yet as far as being World Champ caliber.Besides,Bobby always performed well in these cage matches as the underdog that somehow manages to pull it out despite getting killed in there.

Iron" Mike Sharpe vs "Quick Draw" Rick McGrawi see a future in quick Draw

Johnny Rodz vs Eddie Gilbert Eddie has to stay strong

The Iron Sheik vs Tony Garea Sheiky will go over or i will eat my hat

Sgt. Slaughter, The Masked Superstar & George "The Animal" Steele vs Rick Martel, Dino Bravo & Andre The Giant french connection is still a litte green around the gills toget the win here

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka vs "Big" John Studd Big John will ground the superfly

Ricky Steamboat vs "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff ricky goes over bbut Orndorff will get his heat back

(Champions) Afa & Sika "The Wild Samoan's vs (Challengers) "Polish Power" Ivan Putski & Pedro Morales Samoans wont drop the gold here

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine vs "The Living Legend" Bruno Sammartino old school finish with Valentine cheatig to win

(Champion) Bob Backlund vs (Challenger) "The Magnificent" Muraco Muraco wont ascend to greatness quite yet

Iron Mike is an even bigger jobber than Rick McGraw. He out-loses Quick Draw.

Backlund's boy continues to be built up, to use as a storytelling tool.

I only know Tony Garea as the jobber he became, not the talented tag champion that I've read about.

Slaughter murdered the champ one week ago. That gives his side a big advantage. Sure, Andre's big too, but his teammates need some more growth, before going over Blassie's Army.

To further Studd's problems with Albano.

Orndorff vs. Backlund is a money feud. I think it's time. Steamboat's still a kid. He'll get his chances.

I'm seeing a draw, setting up a rematch. Honestly, if Pedro & Putski can't get it done, then you're all out of challengers.

I think we'll see a DQ finish, leading to a rematch, where Valentine will finish the job.

Muraco's had a good run, and this feud must have done wonders for him, but it's time for the Champ to rise above. Muraco has been ignoring the Intercontinental belt. It needs some love too.

June: Week 4: Madison Square Garden

SATURDAY NIGHT WRESTLING

Live From

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/msg2.jpg

MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

NEW YORK CITY

MATCH #1

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/EddieGilbert2.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JohnnyRodz.jpg

Eddie Gilbert vs "The Unpredictable" Johnny Rodz

Johnny Rodz offered his hand as a gesture of good sportsmanship prior to the match... Gilbert was hesitant and checked with the crowd before shaking his hand, then the two squared off with some mat wrestling, take downs, sit outs, counters and such... Rodz offered his hand again after the two went back and forthfor the first couple of minutes of the match and again Gilbert shook...The next set of sequencs saw quick take down and pin attempts... An Oklahoma side roll by Gilbert for 2, a backside by Rodz for 2, Small package by Gilbert for 2 1/2, a roll up by Rodz for 2 1/2... They swept each others legs out from underneath and each scored a 2 count with that as well.... A stand off followed and Gilbert offered his hand this time and Rodz shook it, but kicked Gilbert in stomach, then hit a gutwrench power bomb for a 2 count... Rodz blasted away with stomps to each and every Gilbert body part...Rodz hit a clotheline into the corner for a 2 count, a standing vertical suplex for another 2 count and an elbow off the second rope for a 2 1/2 count.... Rodz climbed the turnbuckle, but Gilbert caught him on the top rope and hit a superplex from the second rope, but took enough out of himself that he couldn't cover for the pin... Rodz got to his feet first and nailed a couple of elbowsmashes and tried for a superplex, but Gilbert floated over the top and behind Rodz... Gilbert then pushed Rodz up against the ropes and rolled him up for the 1..2...3... Rodz complained to referee Dick Weurhle to no avail, that he got his shoulder up in time..

The Time of the match: 8:32 Your winner: Eddie Gilbert RATED: D

MATCH #2

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TonyGarea.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/IronSheik.jpg

Tony Garea vs The Iron Sheik

The Sheik stalled at the beginning of the match instead waving the Iranian flag, taking his robe off and even praying in the corner... Garea wanted to fight... Once Sheik got everything out of the ring, he turned and ran to attack Garea, but Tony was ready catching him in a big backdrop, a bodyslam and a dropkick that sent him to the floor... Garea wanted to run out after Sheik, but referee Dick Kroll kept him from doing so...The Sheik gets back into the ring and locks back up with Garea, they exchange arm ringers and Sheik flips over onto his back and Garea legdrops Sheiks arm and grabs an armbar... Sheik got to his feet and worked Garea into corner and instead of breaking hold, he caught Garea with a quick elbow to the nose... Sheik hit a firemen's carry slamand began stomping away at Garea's back... Sheik lifted Garea and hit a thrust chop right to the throat...Sheik then hit several knee drops to the small of the back of Garea and then began taunting the crowd... a Gutwrench suplex by Sheik got a two count, then sheik lifted Garea onto his shoulders and into a submission back breaker but Garea refused to give... Sheik draped Garea's throat over the bottom rope and ran to opposite side of ring off the ropes and was going to try and sit across Garea's neck, choking him over the botto rope, but Garea slid out of the way at the last second... Garea hit several punches on the sheik and whipped him into the ropes, sheik reversed and went for a backdrop but Garea kicked him in head and clothelined for his ow 2 count.... Sheik begged and Garea went in stomping , until sheik raked the eyes... Sheik slammed Garea's head into turnbuckle, then covered for a pin with legs on rope for a 1.2.. but Dick Kroll caught him and stopped count... Garea reversed a Sheik whip into the ropes and missed a follow up splash... Sheik slammed Garea in the center of the ring and applied the camel clutch and after a minue of trying to fight it, Tony Garea submitted....

The Time: 9:41 The Winner of the Match: The Iron Sheik RATED: D+

Sheik grabs the mic from Howard Finkel and begins to yell into the mic, "IIIIran numbah one..... US of A aght puey... Look at me... Look at me USA, The SHeik is the numbah one athlete in the world." Sheik kicks Garea while he's down for good measure... RATED: E

MATCH #3

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SgtSlaughter.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MaskedSuperstar-1.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/GeorgeSteele.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/FreddieBlassie.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/AndretheGiant.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/DinoBravo2.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/RickMartel.jpg

Sgt. Slaughter, The Masked Superstar & George "The Animal" Steele w/ "Classy" Fred Blassie vs "The French Connection" Ande The Giant, Dino Bravo & Rick Martel

Blassie's army huddled into the corner and neither Slaughter or Superstar seemed to thrilled about starting the match as Andre stepped ino the middle of the ring to start for The French Connection... Slaughter and Superstar patted Steele on the back to make the start and The Animal's crazy one arm up waving his hands and fingers had no affect on Andre and Andre grabbed him by the throat... Superstar and Slaughter run in and Andre relinqueshes Steele and double chokeslams Slaughter and Superstar as Martel and Bravo dropkick and shouldr tackle their opponents out of the ring... Steele comes at Andre again, but Andre catches him and slams and covers for a 2 7/8th... Bravo and Martel take turns making fast tags twisting the Animal's arms rotating from the left to the right... Steele backs Martel into his corner, but Martel fights out blasting all 3 of Blassies men with a flurry of lefts and rights... Superstar tags in and faces Bravo and Superstar challenges Bravo to see if he could shoulder tackle him down... Bravo with head of steam hits ropes and knocks Superstar back into the ropes, he whips Superstar across again and lunges with his shoulder knocking down the big masked man, who infrustration tags in Slaughter...Slaughter and Bravo lock hands, but Slaughter kicks Bravo in the stomach, then takes control wearing him down with a headlock...Each time Bravo tried to throw him off, Slaughter grabs a handful of hair to hold the headlock.... Slaughter slams Bravo's head into turnbuckle then tags Superstar mback in who proceeds to hit several shoulder tackles to Bravo's mid section... Masked Superstar hits a snap mare and applies a nerve hold to Bravo's trapesias muscle, further wearing him down...Superstar and Slaughter then work several tags in and out continuing to beat down on Bravo until Dino ducks a clotheline and hits one of his own and hot tags in Martel, who comes up lifting his knees high and blasting each man as they run at him... Martel slams Slaughter and Superstar showing off his underated strengthand dropkicks Steele right out of the ring... Slaughter reverses a Martel whip into the ropes but Martel hits a sunset flip for a 2 1/2 count... Slaughter kicks Martel in the head then tags in Steele who puts him in a flying hammerlock, but Bravo makes the save... Slaughter and Superstar tag each other in and out working on the arm that Steele had put in the hammerlock... Steele seems frustrated that Slaughter and Superstar are tagging each other in and Blassie tries to explain... Finally when Slaughter goes to tag Superstar in again, The Animal tags himself and and yells "Youuuuu" at Slaughter... Steele goes in and bites Martel on the head, slams his head into the turnbuckle and bodyslams Martel to the mat... Steele looks back at his prtners and yells "Youuuuu" at them again... Martel rolls away from Steele three times and tags in Andrewho wraps his hands around Steele's neck and hoists him high in the air... Superstar and Slaughter enter the ring, but are cut off by Bravo who tangles with Slaughter to the outside of the ring and Martel who corners off with the Masked Superstar and they fall to the outside f the ring... Blassie gets up on the apron and tosses his cane to Steele as Andre walks towards Blassie... Steele hits Andre across the back with the cane, but with no affect... Andre whips Steele into Blassie, knocking him to the apron as Steele turns around Andre has a big boot in his face and the does a sitting splash on the Animal for the 1...2...3... as Martel, The Masked Superstar, Dino Bravo and Sgt. Slaughter continue their fight on the outside...

The Time: 14:30 The Winners of the match, the team of Rick Martel, Dino Bravo and Andre The Giant RATED: C+

MATCH #4

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/GregValentine.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JimmyHart.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BrunoSammartino2.jpg

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart vs "The Living Legend" Bruno Sammartino

Valentine enters the ring wearing t-shirt that says "Career Killer...Bruno's Next".... As Bruno runs to the ring to a nice applause, Valentine attacks him entering the ring, just stomping away until Bruno falls outside and Valentine chases him out... Valentine slams Bruno's head into the barricade and again onto the ring apron.... Valentine pinned Bruno up against the ring post and charged with a clotheline, but Bruno ducked and The Hammer hit the steel.. Bruno fires back and shoves Valentine back in the ring and follows.... Valentine begs off Sammartino offering a hand as a sign of peace, but Bruno kicks away at Valentine.... Bruno slams Valentine's head into the turnbuckle as the crowd counts along.... Jimmy Hart gets up on the apron and Bruno slingshots him in the ring and its double noggin knocker time.... Valentine does a faceplant and Bruno covers for a 2 1/2 count.... Bruno picks up Valentine and backs him into the corner and mounts the ropes and punches away at Valentine as the crowd counts along again... Valentine pulls an inverted atomic drop out of no-where to swing the momentum... Valentine begins kicking at the inside of Bruno's leg... Valentine drops several elbows to the inside of Bruno's leg... Bruno gets to his feet in vein, but is limping around and Valentine just kicks his leg out from under him... Valentine does the atomic drop of Bruno's shin across his knee and Bruno grabs at his leg... Valentine then begins to taunt Bruno, by just shoving his foot across Bruno's face as The Hammer has a grin from ear-to-ear... As Bruno desperately tries to stand, Valentine kicks his leg out from under him on several occasions... Valentine just waits for Bruno to get to his feet, but Bruno cant stand and each time he almost gets all the way up, Valentine nails a big move on him.... First its a hangman's neckbreaker, then then a big uppecut followed by a clotheline, then a piledriver... Valentine begins taunting the MSG faithful yelling out, "This is your legend!" Valentine climbs the ropes and as he gets to the top he measures Bruno and comes off with a kneedrop to the back of the head, and Bruno lays motionless... Valentine goes for the cover..1....2.... But just before the 3 count Valentine yanks Sammartino's head off the mat... Valentine hits another hangman's neckbreaker and covers again 1...2.. and again Valentine yanks his head up and goes to add insult to injury....Bruno is in lala land and can barely walk as Valentine continues stompin away at Bruno's leg....Valentine drops an elbowsmash and covers again and again its 1..2..and Valentine lifts him up... Valentine goes for a piledriver and Bruno does all that he can to block it and reverse into a backdrop... Valentine lands on his head, but can still get to his feet before Bruno and starts slapping the living legend across the face.... Valentine applies a spinning toe-hold, then another, then another, before calling for the figure four as Valentine spins for the figure four and reaches down for Bruno's other leg, Bruno reaches up and grabs a small package on Valentine...1...2..... Bruno grabs Valentine's tights ....3......

The Time 10:46 Your Winner: Bruno Sammartino RATED: C+

As Howard Finkel makes the announcement... An Irrate Valentine goes to ringside and grabs a steel chair and brings it into the ring.... Before he can lay any more damage on a still down and out Bruno...Tony Garea, Rick Martel, Dino Bravo and Eddie Gilbert run and and save Bruno....Valentine just begins screaming as Jimmy Hart tries holding him back "I'm going to kill you, Sammartino... I will not just end your career, but I will put you in a wheelchair for life." The crowd showers Valentine with debris as he leaves the ring area... RATED: C-

MATCH #5

STEEL CAGE MATCH

For The WWWF World Heavyweight Championship

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/wwf_world_hvy.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/DonMuraco.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MrFuji.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BobBacklund.jpg

Challenger: The Intercontinental Champion "The Magnificent" Muraco w/ Mr. Fuji vs WWWF World Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund

Backlund enters the ring with a big bandageon his forehead from lastweekends Sgt. Slaughter match that caused him to lose so much blood that he needed a transfusion... This match starts off slow as the two men circle around each other in the cage, before a collar and elbow tie up, in which Muraco pushes Backlund into the corner, Backlund reverses, Muraco reverses, Backlund reverses, Muraco reverses, thjis goes on till they get to the other side of the ring, when Muraco grabs Backlund and runs him across the ring by the back of his head into the cage, but Backlund blocks it with his foot and slams Muraco nto the cage... Muraco throws a wild right then a left, which Backlund ducks and backlund plants a forearm and slms Muraco into the cage again... As Muraco bounces back towards Backlund, the champ staggers him with several elbow smashes that bust open the challenger... Backlund hits an inverted atomic drop, which may have caught Muraco's boys as heel keels over in pain. Backlund looks at the crowd and stomps away at Muraco and sends him face first across the ring and into the cage again... As Muraco comes up for air, his face is a crimson mask and Backlund calls for the door... Muraco lunges and grabs Backlund by the tights revealing a little more of the champ than we care to see....Backlund fires away at the challenger pushing him back across the ring into the opposite corner and Backlund climbs up onto the 2nd rope and rains down with closed fists as the crowd counts along... Muraco musters up enough strength that he grabs Backlund by his sides and slams him down on his back with a thunderous crash...Muraco tries to whipe the blood from his face and then gets into a ground and pound position and blasts away at Backlunds bandage easily busting open the champion... Muraco gets down even closer and bites away at the champ...Muraco lifts Backlund up onto his shoulder and looks to use Backlund as a battering ram into the cage, but Backlund slips off at the last second and then rakes Muraco's face across the cage..... Muraco gets caught between the ropes and the cage and keeps slingshotting himself face first into the cage, until Backlund slams him back onto the mat... Backlund falls to one knee as the old wound seems to be spilling alot of blood from the champion... Backlund goes for a suplex, but Muraco crashes on top with all his weight and takes over the momentum... Muraco measures Backlund for several precisely placed knee drops to Backlund's head... Muraco slams Backlund to the mat and staggers for the door... Backlund lunges and grabs Muraco by the foot and Fuji tries to pull Muraco by his cane as Muraco has a hold of the opposite end... Muraco lifts Backlund onto his shoulder again and this time is succesful using Backlund as a batterring ram into the cage... Muraco looks to compose himself as he falls to the mat, he whipes the blood from his eyes and again staggers for the door.. Backlund again dives at the legs of Muraco and Muraco even gets his hands on the second step... But as Backlund is screaming in the ring using all his might to keep Muraco in the cage, referee Dick Weurhle shuts the door as Muraco's progress was derailed...Both men get to their knees and begin exchanging punches and Backlund appears to be firing himself up, starts blocking Muraco's and nails Muraco into the ropes... An irsih whip and a big back body drop and Muraco tries to scurry and climb cage but Backlund caches him and slams him again... Backlund pulls Muraco back to the center of the ring and hits a vertical suplex that leaves both men down and out and the crowd anticipates whoever comes to first will get out... The both crawl to the opposite corner of the door and Backlund climbs up one side of the turnbuckle and Muraco climbs up the other side... As they both stand on the top turnbuckle... They exchange blows again... Muraco tries to slam Backlund's head on top of the steel cage, but Backlund blocks, he tries again, but is blocked by the champ... Backlund then slams Muraco's head on the top spoked area of the cage twice and Muraco falls off the turnbuckle and crotches himself over the top rope.... Fuji begins yelling for Muraco to come to the door and Backlund continues to try and climb the cage... Backlund cuts his stomach on the jagged edges of the cage as he tries to climb over and Muraco gets to his feet, despite not knowing where he is, he spins himself in a circle losing his balance but diected towards the door of the cage, which Fuji has got opened for him... Muraco begins to crawl, while Backlund just gets himself over the edge of the cage.... Muraco gets to the door, Backlund starts to climb down, Muraco lunges to the steps, while Backlund loses his footing and falls to floor just ahead of Muraco falling down the steps.....

The Time 30:55 Your Winner and Still WWWF Heavyweight Champion: Bob Backlund RATED C+

Eddie Gilbert is first on the scene with a towel to try and stop the bleeding and to see if Backlund is alright... Muraco who thought he had won is outraged at Finkel's announcement and falls to floor in disgust... Tony Garea helps Gilbert carry Backlund to the back as the champ has both his arms draped over the shoulders of Garea and Gilbert RATED: D-

INTERMISSION

(still to come Studd vs Snuka, Orndorff vs Steamboat, the World Tag team titles on the line and more!!!)

June: Week 4: Madison Square Garden (continued)

MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/msg2.jpg

Back From Intermission

MATCH #6

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MikeSharpe.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/RickMcGraw.jpg

Many of the fans were just making their way back to their seats, still talking about Bruno getting the victory, but he certainly cannot fight with Valentine, while others talked about Backlund perserveering over Muraco.... In the ring Iron Mike went after ring announcer Howard Finkel after Finkel did not announce him as "Canada's Greatest Athlete"... Finkel would ablige, but threw in "Self Proclaimmed" which infuriated Sharpe a bit more....Once the match was under way, McGraw showed off his explosiveness with several stiff clothelines and a bodyslam, all which was performed while Sharpe groaned and growled so loud, that the remaining fans at the concession stands new the intermission was over.... Sharpe would rake the eyes to take over the offense, then he would rake McGraw's eyes over the top rope and even used his arm brace for a third eye rake variation...A couple of thunderous forearms to the back of McGra, sent him to one knee, a SHarpe boot to the head floored him and got a two count... Sharpe missed at McGraw in the turnbuckle and McGraw fired back with a flurry of fists.... Sharpe bailed out of the ring and McGraw chased... As Sharpe got back in he hit the ropes and McGraw imediately dropped down while Sharpe ran over the top and to the opposite ropes... McGraw connected with a powerslam on the return for a 2 1/2 count.... McGraw scooped up Sharpe for another slam and as he turned him Sharpe's legs clocked Joey Marella, knocking him down briefly... As McGraw checked on Marella, Iron Mike adjusted his arm brace and smashed McGraw over the head and covered for the 1...2...3......

The Time: 7:17 Your Winner: "Iron" Mike Sharpe RATED: F+

Scott McGhee came to the ring to try to tell referee Joey Marella what Sharpe did, but to no avail as Sharpe bolted from the ring and to the dressing room...

MATCH #7

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BigJohnStudd.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JimmySnuka.jpg

"Big" John Studd vs ""Superfly" Jimmy Snuka

Snuka recieved a nice ovation from the crowd as they discussed his leap off the cage last time in the Garden vs Sgt. Slaughter.... Studd appeared i the ring solo and grabbed the mic when Lou Albano hobbles his way down to ringside

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/LouAlbano2.jpg

Albano walks up to Studd and Studd gives Lou a quick stiff arm to stop him in his tracks... Studd speaks into the mic, "You know Lou like every sports team, that has tremendous talent and great players on it, when they hit a losing streak, the team doesn't get ridof the great players, they fire their coach.... And Albano, I'm not sure what it is with you, whether your pre-occupied wit the Samoan's, or jst plain dropping the ball or the Big John Studd team, it is time to make a change and today, I want to let you know Lou, that your services are no longer needed." (Albano seems irate, then begins to beg to Studd) "Get up off your knees boy." The Team off Big John Studd needs a winner, a man with resources, knowledge and brains to lead me back to thetop of the mountain where I belong and that man is

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BobbyHeenan.jpg

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Heenan makes his way to the ring as Albano begs Studd to reconsider.... Studd shoves Albano to the ground an Albano approaches Jimmy Snuka to seemingly make a deal, as he offer's his hand in friendship to The Superfly, who just slaps Albano across the face, sending Lou scurrying back up the entrance way... Heenan and Studd shake hands and Heenan offers some words of encouragement to Studd as the bell rings... RATED: (3 parts E+, E, E+)

Studd stands in the center of the ring and Snuka locks up with him and Studd tosses him like a rag doll... Heenan applauds from the outside...Snuka tries his shot with running shoulder tackles that also dont budge Studd.... Snuka tries again and ducks under a Studd right hand and flys back off the ropes with even more momentum and into a high cross body block, which Studd catches and slams Snuka... Studd drops an elbow for a quick 2 count... Studd bears all his weight down on Snuka with a rear chinlock, which Snuka powers up from and retaliates with several chops... A Snuka head but drops Studd to a knee... And double chops on both sides of Studd's neck drops the big man... Snuka hits the ropes but is tripped by Heenan... Snuka goes out of the ring and chases Heenan around the ring several times until he runs into a Studd clotheline... Studd slams Snuka on the floor and crawls back in the ring...Snuka finally gets up on the apron and shoulder blocks Studd then hits a sunset flip, but Studd wont fall over... Studd tries to squash Snuka, but the Superfly moves and delivers several chops again on Studd... Studd is sent into the ropes and Snuka hits a savate kick dropping Studd and Snuka covers but Heenan is on the apron distracting referee Dick Kroll.... Snuka slingshot clothelines Studd over the top rope and then climbs up the turnbuckle and nails a Superfly splash for the 1...2...But Studd's leg is draped over the second rope thanks to Bobby Heenan... Snuka pulls Heenan up onto the apron and lifts The Brain in the air in chikehold, but before he did Heenan slid an object underneath Snuka and referee Dick Kroll's legs.... Studd puts the object on his hand and nails Snuka in the back of the head busting him open... Studd drops an elbow, while Heenan makes sure Snuka's leg is not under the bottom rope and gets the pin...

The Time: 9:01 The Winner of the Match: "Big" John Studd RATED: C-

As Snuka comes around he realizes he is bleeding from the back of his head and asks referee Dick Kroll to ask people at ringside about what Studd hit him with

MATCH #8

Winner recieves a shot at title of ther choice next month at MSG

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/RickySteamboat-1.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/PaulOrndorff.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BobbyHeenan.jpg

Ricky Steamboat vs "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff w/ Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

After a little stalling by Orndorff and a quick shoulder rub down by Bobby Heenan... The two lock up... Sideheadlock by Steamboat, reversed and powered out by Orndorff with a standing wristlock...Steamboat regrabs headlock and takes Orndorff over... Orndorff rolls Steamboat up for a 2 count... Steamboat takes headlock back to feet and Orndorff throws him off and into ropes and goes for a hiptoss which Steamboat reverses into one of his own... Steamboat goes for another hiptoss but is blocked by Orndorff... Steamboat drapes his leg over Orndorff's neck and flips himself over and hits hiptoss... Steamboat side headlock andruns up the turnbuckle for a flying headlock takeover... Orndorff slips out of headlock and counters with a hammerlock... Steamboat gets to his feet and flips himself back over the top of Orndorff and rolls Orndorff up for a 2 count... Orndorff grabs a headlock, and quickly manuevers his way through to a hammerlock and and armdrag, which Steamboat counters out of with a firemen's carry... Steamboat hits 3 deep armdrags and then Orndorff claims his hair was pulled and grabs the ropes for a break.... They lock up again and Steamboat grabs another side headlock takeover... Orndorff turns it into a head scissors... Steamboat counters by flipping himself on top of Orndorff for a 2 count, but Orndorff bridges out with Steamboat and turns into a backslide for a 2 count... Ondorff then rakes Steamboats eyes and clubs his with a forearm, before throwing him over the top rope... Steamboat hold onto the ropes and skins the cat back in... Orndorff charges but Steamboat sidesteps and rolls up Orndorff for a 2 count....Orndorff sweeps Steamboats legs and covers for 2... Steamboat small packages for 2, Onrdorff roles up Steamboat for another 2 count... A quick lockup and Orndorff grabs a full nelson... Steamboat reverses into a hammer lock and Orndorff elbows Steamboat in the jaw... Orndorff takes over with a slam... And a driving elbowsmash to the head... Orndorff chokes Steamboat over the top rope and slingshots him off, before stomping away... Orndorff covers while counting with his opposite hand pointing to the ceiling and showing his own 1 and 2 count... Orndorff goes for a side suplex but Steamboat adjusts his body and turns into a body block for another 2 count... Orndorff smashes with another forearm to take advantage again... Orndorff tosses Steamboat to the outside... Heenan takes a cheap shot on Steamboat while on the floor... Orndorff goes back to the floor and slams Steamboat on the floor... Orndorff breaks referee Dick Weurhle's count each time by going back after Steamboat... Orndorff slams Steamboat back in the ring, but Steamboat rolls him into a pinning predictament.. Steamboat blocks several Orndorff punches and fights back with his own chops... Steamboat whips Orndorff but Orndorff reverses and Steamboat flips himself over an Orndorff back drop attempt and catches Orndorff with his own slam... Steamboat climbs the top rope and leaps off with a chop to the head ... As Orndorffis dazed Steamboat grabs both legs and slingshots Orndorff across the ring and into Bobby Heenan... Steamboat fires back with more chops...Orndorff slows him with a knee to the midsecton, but for only a second as Orndorff grabbed a side headlock Steamboat side suplexed his way out of it... Heenan climbs up on the ring apron... And Steamboat walks towards Heenan... Referee Dick Weurhle also tries to keep Steamboat's focus away from Heenan and Heenan like he did in the previous match, slides a foreign object betwen the legs of both Steamboat and Weurhle... Steamboat plants one on Heenan knocking him from the apron and Orndorff begins to put what looks like brass knuckles on his hand when Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka runs down to ringside and tells referee Dick Weurhle about the object... Orndorff swings at Snuka, but Snuka ducks... Weurhle grabs Orndorff's hand and begins to remove the brass knucks... The knucks fall in the ring which Snuka snatches up quickly... Heenan is on the apron and a stunned Orndorff is grabbed by Steamboat from behind and run into the ropes knocking Heenan off the apron and then rolling him up from behind and bridging over to get the 1...2...3....

Time Of the Match: 21:10 Your Winner: Ricky Steamboat RATED: B

Orndorff slams the ring apron in disgust as Bobby Heenan consoles him, while Jimmy Snuka jumps in the ring to congratualate Ricky Seamboat RATED: C

At This point in time Howard Finkel enters to ring to make an announcement!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/HowardFinkel.jpg

Ladies and Gentelemen... Promoters are quickly trying to put together matches for the WWWF's return here to Madison Square Garden NEXT MONTH on July 23rd... Already signed is a battle of legendary WWWF wrestlers who have faced off in other venues, but they will bring their rivalry into Madison Square Garden for the first time as "Superstar" Billy Graham takes on BlackJack Mulligan.......IN A TEXAS BULLROPE MATCH!!!!

Also signed to wrestle next month in the Garden by his manager Johnny Valiant is THE SPOILER as he gets set to take on...............(pause) TITO SANTANA !!!!!!!

In addition ALL THREE OF THE WWWF TITLES will be on the line, no matter who the champions are at this time next month.... The Challenger's have yet to be determined, but we do know That one person who will challenge for any title they choose NEXT MONTH IN THE GARDEN IS RICKY STEAMBOAT!!!!

And Finally after their match earlier this evening and neither man feeling that anything has been settled a return match to MADISON SQUARE GARDEN NEXT MONTH WILL SEE GREG "THE HAMMER" VALENTINE TAKE ON....... BRUNO SAMMARTINO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before The World Tag Team Title Match, there is a disturbance at Ringside as what looks like two fans stumble to their seats in the front row, spilling their beers and popcorn on the ringside fans.... As the two men take seats with all their souveneirs, food and Beer it is revealed that the two men at ringside are none other than

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/AdrianAdonis2.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/DickMurdoch2.jpg

Adrian Adonis & "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch

MATCH #9

WWWF TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/wwf_world_tag.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/wwf_world_tag.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Afa.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Sika.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/LouAlbano2.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/KingCurtis.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/IvanPutski.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/PedroMorales.jpg

(WWWF Tag Team Champions) The Wild Samoan's Afa & Sika w/ Lou Albano & "King" Curtis Iaukea vs (Challengers) "Polish Power" Ivan Putski & Pedro Morales

Morales & Putski seem distracted by Murdoch & Adonis at ringside... Iaukea and Albano have a conversation as well about Adonis & Murdoch... Afa & Ska dont seemed at all bothered as Adonis & Murdoch seem obnoxious and boisterous, while throwing popcorn towards the ring, only to have a security guard come over and threaten to make them leave... Murdoch and Adonis act is if they are completely intimidated by MSG security and oblige... Albano finally comes over to Murdoch and Adonis and seems to have a conversation and it is not known what they were discussing or arguing about... As Putski and Morales eye up Adonis and Murdoch, The Samoans attack blasting their opponenents... They pair off into opposite corners and The Samoans take early advantage headbutting the team of Morales and Putski into a weakened position... The Samoans whip their opponents into one another but Morales and Putski reverse and Afa and Sika run into each other... The Samoans then slap each others chest several times and run back at thir opponents and Putski clocks Sika with a Polish Hammer, Morales clocks Afa with several left hands then winds up and blass him with a left... Iaukea gets on the apron and Morales and Putski slingshot him in the ring and Morales and Putski take turns with right hands on Iuakea...Afa gets back in the ring with Putski and Afa grabs a nerve hold on Putski's shoulder but Putski powers out and lays forearms on Afa backing him into the corner... Putski whips Afa hard into turnbuckle and charges with a clotheline and gets a 2 count... Putski in amazing display of strength scoops up and carries AFA around the ring and slams him in the middle... Putski misses an elbowsmash, but Afa quickly misses a headbut.. Both men tag out and Sika charges with a double axe handle which Morales ducks and Morales claps his hands together and nails Sika with a couple of lefts... Morales whipped Sika into the ropes and nailed a dropkick that sent Sika falling through the ropes... Adonis and Murdoch are seen aplauding to both teams moves... Afa and Putski square back off again in the ring and Afa nails several head buts dropping Putski... Afa returns the slam on Putski from earlier and hits a diving head butt...Afa lifts Putski in a bear hug and slams him back first to the mat as Sika tags in, hits the ropes and drops a big legdrop for 2 1/2 count... While Putski is sitting on the mat in the ring, Sika then squats on the back of the neck of Putski, while lifting Putski's legs in the air... Morales breaks up the hold with a big lefthand , but as referee Joey Marella escorts Pedro back The Samoans double team Putski in the corner... As Marella admonishes The Samoans for double teaming Iaukea and Albano grab Putski's head and choke him over the bottom rope... Sika hits a running splash on Putski in the turnbuckle and gets a 2 3/4 count... Afa tags in and its double head but time and Afa covers for another 2 3/4 count... Afa whips Putski into the corner and charges for another splash but Putski lifts his boots and Afa's face connects with Putski's boot... Putski tags in Morales who cleans house blasting everyone in the Samoan entourage... Morales punches Afa in the stomach then applies a DDT and covers for a 1...2.. but Sika breaks up the count... Putski reenters and Sika backdrops Putski over the top rope and in front of Adonis and Murdoch who heckle Putski... Morales backdrops Afa, then manages to get Sika over in a backdrop... Morales covers Afa for a 2 count and qucikly covered Sika right after as Joey Marella has lost control of the match... Morales whips Afa into the buckle, then whips Sika into Afa, then charges with his own splash... Morales tries again this time whipping Sika into the corner and tries to whip Afa into Sika, but Afa reverses Morales into Sika and Afa sandwich splashes Morales between himself and Sika... Morales falls to the mat, and a double head but by The Samoan's leads to an Afa cover for the 1..2...3....

Time Of the Match: 10:57 Your Winners: And Still WWWF Tag Team Champions Afa & Sika "The Wild Samoan's RATED: C-

Albano celebrates with Iaukea as Adonis and Murdoh leave the area as soon as the count was made

==========================================================================================

ATTENDANCE: 3,174

OVERALL RATING: C

PRE SHOW MATCHES:

The Cobra beat The Black Tiger RATED: E-

Scott McGhee beat Terry Gibbs RATED: F

Great show! Quick question, and it might be a dumb one, but what was the Main Event? The tag title match or the heavyweight title match? The reason why I ask is because you had the heavyweight title match go on right before intermission, and I thought the the Backlund match was the Main Event.

Also why did George "The Animal" Steele have to take the pin?:(:D

Great show! Quick question, and it might be a dumb one, but what was the Main Event? The tag title match or the heavyweight title match? The reason why I ask is because you had the heavyweight title match go on right before intermission, and I thought the the Backlund match was the Main Event.

Also why did George "The Animal" Steele have to take the pin?:(:D

Not a dumb question at all, and one that I'm really not sure of the answer to... The MAIN EVENT was Backlund/Muraco steel cage for World title... However, one thing I can remember about WWF back in the day, was the Main Event would go on before intermission and I'm trying to hold true to that... Why they did i, I'm not a 100% sure... Maybe it was because thats when the figured the crowd might be the hottest of the night, Maybe its because they didn't have to worry about shortening a main event match because of curfew, Maybe they figured they'd loseto many fans leaving early before the main event, because they had to go home and work the next day, or because they would announce who is wrestling next month and fans would be more excited about that after seeing what transpired earlier in the night during the main event... I'm not 100% sure and if anyone else on these boards knows for sure I'd love to hear why..

Nevertheless , I'm just trying to stick to that formula and usually put the main event on right before intermission, with the semi-main event just before it...I know the WWF used to close out shows with tag matches quite often, so I usually try and do the same... Its almost like two seperate cards that I'm having as after the main event, I'll bring the crowd back down with a preliminary match, as to not burn them out an rather build back up the excitement

Needless to say its not working to well for me, as I continue to put on "C" rated shows and attendance keeps dropping, with the proverbial comment of"This may have hurt your popularity" So I'm open to suggestions

As far as Steele goes, unfortunately his partners got caught up brawling on the outside of the ring leaving the Animal in a one-on-one situation with Andre the Giant... Sorry had to return to kayfabe on that ;-)

2nd Quater Pick'em Contest

Congrats to:

rjhabeeb who finished at 69.77%

just edging out

The Final Countdown who finished at 67.2%

To win the second Quarter Prediction Contest

Please PM me the matchup that you'd like to see take place during 3rd quarter shows as well as the name you would ike to use for your cameo appearance...

We will start again brand new for 3rd Quarter prediction Contest...

The Rules:

1. You have to predict at least half the shows

2. Best % wins

3. You only have to predict Saturday Night Wrestling House Shows

4. Time Frame: July, August and September of 1983

Thanks to everyone for playing, your predictions and analysis have made writing this diary very entertaining....

PWI Weekly Report

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/PWI.jpg

The Pro Wrestling Illustrated Weekly Report

WWWF: The World Wide Wrestling Federation had its 3rd Madison Square Garden event this past weekend and for the 3rd month in a row, attendance has dropped and consensus amongst fans is that the should be doing better... That 3 month drop in attendance also coincides with a 3 month drop in television ratings, which also coincide with the 3 months that the new ownership group has been in charge since taking over from the McMahon's...

This past Saturday should put to rest the Bob Backlund/Magnificent Muraco feud as Backlund retained his title over the intercontinental champion in a steel cage... Muraco's Intrcontinental title has been somewhat neglected during his chase of the World title, but promoters are looking at several challengers to be booked against Muraco in coming weeks and monts.... The Wild Smoan's continue to dominate the tag team scene as they have beaten every team thrown their way... This past Saturday the duo of Ivan Putski & Pedro Morales went down to the champs... However a tag team challenger may be on the horizon as Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch watched the tag title match from ringside seats this past Saturday...

Bobby Heenan continues to make waves in his first month since joining the WWWF, since coming over from the AWA, as he has signed "Big" John Studd who had publicly fired Lou Albano this past Saturday night at Madison Square Garden... Studd was victorius in his first match under Heenan defeating Jimmy Snuka... However Heenan's other family member was not as succesful as Paul Orndorff was defeated by Ricky Steamboat in a winner recieves a title shot of their choice next month... Heenan tried pulling the same antics tha got Studd his victory over Snuka in this match, but Jimmy Snuka interjected himself in this match to prevent that from happening a second time... No word yet on what title Ricky Steamboat will challenge for next month... Bruno Sammartino was also victorious over Greg "the Hammer" Valentine last Saturday as well... Valentine did dominate most of the match and may have goten a bit to over confident for his own good. The Hammer has stated that this isn't over by a long shot and the two have already signed the dotted line for a return match next month..

Reports are indicating that the new ownership group had their most difficult month from a financial perspective and maybe looking at cutting some costs... The WWWF has the biggest roster in the business at this momment and we can expect them to probably release some of their contracted talent throughout the remaining of the Summer... We would also expect them to really limit signing any new talent, as well as being overly cautious in any negotiations with existing talent... The talent trade with New Japan has not worked out yet as there has been zero interest in The Cobra/Black Tiger matches and we'll see if they pursue anymore New Japan talents in coming weeks... There is concern over losing television programming as ratings continue to slide, and the WWWF may look to change someformats when TV deals begin renegotiating next month... The WWWF only has two shows this July with a return to The Philadelphia Spectrum on July 16th and back at Madison Square Garden on July 30th..

Not a dumb question at all, Maybe they figured they'd loseto many fans leaving early before the main event, because they had to go home and work the next day, or because they would announce who is wrestling next month and fans would be more excited about that after seeing what transpired earlier in the night during the main event... I'm not 100% sure and if anyone else on these boards knows for sure I'd love to hear why..

Needless to say its not working to well for me, as I continue to put on "C" rated shows and attendance keeps dropping, with the proverbial comment of"This may have hurt your popularity" So I'm open to suggestions

;-)

Somewhere I read this went back to the old school champs - like Buddy Rogers who wanted to leave early and not wait to go on last. It was your current era (when Hogan became champ) that the main event title matches were more to the end of the program - so you'd be historically accurate to make that change yourself. Has been neat how you've drawn upon the concepts used back in the day.

You may have to consider running the big boxes once a quarter instead of monthly. Use the Garden for a supershow every 3 months to see if that helps attendence. (MSG one month, Spectrum the next, then Boston Gardens - rinse and repeat). You could visit the outlaying areas with the extra time

Somewhere I read this went back to the old school champs - like Buddy Rogers who wanted to leave early and not wait to go on last. It was your current era (when Hogan became champ) that the main event title matches were more to the end of the program - so you'd be historically accurate to make that change yourself. Has been neat how you've drawn upon the concepts used back in the day.

You may have to consider running the big boxes once a quarter instead of monthly. Use the Garden for a supershow every 3 months to see if that helps attendence. (MSG one month, Spectrum the next, then Boston Gardens - rinse and repeat). You could visit the outlaying areas with the extra time

I would tend to disagree there,Bruno,Lou Thesz and many other world champs would go on last,as title matches worked WAY different back in the day....always 2/3 falls and they wiuld literally last for 3 or 4 hours,and they often ended in a "curfew finish",a type of non-finish never seen today....basically back in the those times the matches had to be over by a certain time (usually 11 P.M.)...what would happen is the World Title match would start and go for hours (literally) it would go one fall each then right when you thought the good guy was going to win the title(or lose the title,depending).....oops....11 P.M.(or whenever curfew time was).....oh sorry, it's curfew......by law we must shut down right now,so the match is declared a draw.....i guess you could say it's like a time limit draw with a twist.

As for scheduling,in the pre-Hogan era....IIRC the scheduling usually went 4 TV tapings at the small venues(Ag Hall in Allentown, Hamburg field House in Hamburg,there was another location in Scranton which the name eludes me), then one big show that alternated mostly between the Spectrum and MSG....the TV tapings were done a month at a shot....on a Tuesday night if it was your nearest locations "turn", they would tape all 4 episodes for the month back to back in one 4 hour show,then insert the interviews and the like later on.

Tuesday June 5th, 1983: Tuesday Night Titans (TNT on USA)

TUESDAY NIGHT TITANS (TNT on USA)

Gorilla Monsoon and Gene Okerlund open the show from ringside... (Monsoon) Welcome everyone to your home for the best wrestling action on television its TNT on USA... (Okerlund) Thats right Gorilla we have a big main event in store for you tonigt as TWO! former WWWF World champions square off as "Superstar" Billy Graham takes on Pedro Morales... (Monsoon) Thats not all Gene, we have a great ight of tag team action tonight and we will be taking a look back at some of the action that went down last Saturday Night in New York City at Madison Square Garden... All this and more tonight, lets go to the ring...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/RickMcGraw.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ScottMcGhee.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BuddyLandell.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/DougSomers.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JohnnyValiant.jpg

"The Dynamite Express" "Quick Draw" Rick McGraw & Scott McGhee beat "The Platinum Bombers" Buddy Landell & Doug Somers w/ Johnny Valiant 9:44 Gorilla mentions how we have four hungry yong lions looking to make their names here in the WWWF... The Bombers enter the ring wearing their bomber pilot lether jackets and aviator sunglasses... While the team of McGraw & McGhee for the first time teaming are referring to themselves as the Dynamite Express.. They were wearing matching red satin ring jackets and red trunks... Monsoon made a big deal out of the winner of this tag match could certainly position themselves to move up the ranks of the WWWF tag tea scene.. It was back and forth action throughout the match... Before the Bombers took over when Landell knee'd a rope running McGraw in the back... The Bombers worked over McGraw using double team tactics until he hot tagged in Scotty McGhee who cleaned house... All four men ended up in the ring and Scotty McGhee hit a body block off the top rope on Buddy Landell as Landell was charging after McGraw into the corner... RATED: E+

EVENT CENTER w/ Billy Red Lyons: Tonight a big main event here on TNT former WWWF World champions square off as Pedro Morales takes on this man, Superstar, Billy Graham... (Graham) Thats right Billy The Red, I'm back and badder then ever brother...Move over, give me a little room, let my pythons breathe baby, The biggest arms in the world, the man of steel, the real deal, the uncrowned champon of the world Pedro Morales, do yu know what these arms do? Do you know these arms pop big ole puerto rican pimples.. Thats what you are Pedro a puerto rican pimple.. I'll make you crawl like a baby, beg like a baby (Red Lyons) Thank You Superstar! (Graham) Thank you for what, move out of the way 22 and 1/2 inch larges human pythons in the world Pedro... (Lyons) Superstar Billy Graham vs Pedro Morales later tonight on TNT...Doncha dare miss it! RATED: C-

A video of last Saturday's Madison Square Garden show highlights The Samoans vs Pedro Morales & Ivan Putski world tag team title match... It also highlighted the duo of Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch watching from the front row... Highlights also revealed Lou Albano attempting to have a discussion with the North/South Connection

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/AdrianAdonis2.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/DickMurdoch2.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/AbeJacobs.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SalvatoreBellomo.jpg

Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch beat Abe Jacobs & Salvatore Bellomo 5:40 (Okerlund) "I feel sorry for Savatore and Honest Abe tonight Gorilla as they take on the debuting team of two of the toughest individuals you'll ever find in the squared circle" The team of Adonis and Murdoch just decimate their overmatched opponents.. As Murdoh and Adonis cut the ring in half and pound away at Abe Jacobs with a stiff elbow smash, running powerslam, headbuts, elbow drop and back suplex before Adonis finishes him of with a bulldog... RATED: D

After the match Lou Albano eases his way to ringside, begging Adonis and Murdoch for a moment of their time.. Monsoon wonders, "What could Lou Albano be saying to these two guys, perhaps he realizes that they may be threats to his tag team titles and is trying to make nice with them." Okerlund,"The word nice is not even in the vocabulary of Murdoch and Adonis maybe he's attempting to get them to go after John Studd after Studd fired him in front of the MSG crowd Saturday. RATED: D-

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/GregValentine.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JimmyHart.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SteveTravis.jpg

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart beat Steve Travis 2:45 Valentine walks right up to Travis and slaps him in the face... Travis punches back and hits a slam and a dropkick on Valentine, but puts his head down in a backdrop attempt and The Hammer lwers the boom and destroys Travis from here on out...Several stiff knee drops onto the leg of Travis set him up for the figure four and the submission.. RATED: C-

At the conclusion of the match Gorilla MOnsoon grabs Valentine to talk... (Monsoon) You've been pretty dominant when you've been in the ring Hammer, but last Saturday night at Madison Square Garden, you may have met your match with the living legend... And we got highlights to prove it! (Highlights play of the conclusion of the Valentine/Sammartino match which Bruno won) RATED: C+

After the video we cut back to an outraged Greg Valentine... "WHY DO YOU SABOTAGE ME LIKE THAT MONSOON, WHY DO YOU THROW THAT IN MY FACE.. IT WAS A FLUKE A FARCE, I HAD BRUNO SAMMARTINO BEAT TO THE POINT WHERE HE WAS PUDDY IN MY HANDS AND I WAS JUST PLAYING WITH HIM UNTIL HE GRABBED MY TIGHTS... (Calming) Well you know what Bruno Sammartino, next time there will be no playing around, next time I enter that we ring, i am coming with one mission and thats to destroy the myth, the farce of that living legend title...Bruno you're an old man, you're not many years away from needing a walker or wheelchair as it is...now I'm going to speed up the process for you...your career is over next time we meet Sammartino... RATED: C+

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TitoSantana.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/PeteDoherty.jpg

Tito Santana beat "The Duke of Dorchester" Pete Doherty 6:35 Monsoon announces how the Duke, "Is a few bricks short of a chimney." Okerlund adds, "His elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor." Monsoon replies, "You could say that again." Okerlund, "His elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor." This conversation occurs while Doherty is jogging doing laps around the ring, before he climbs inand climbs to the top rope and raise his arms for the crowd...Doherty starts with a thumb to the eye to start the match, followed by an arm ringer and then biting the hands of Tito Santana, he grabs a headlock using a handful of hair which Tito then throws him off into the ropes... Tito drops down, The Duke runs over, Tito leapfrogs the Duke runs under, Tito drops down the Duke runs over, Tito leapfrogs, the Duke runs over, Tito drops dow again and the Duke 's run turns to a slight jog as he tired from running the ropes... Santana atomic dropped him andthe Duke ran around the ring holding his rear end...Santana took over from here with armdrag, hiptoss, then a headscissors which Duke couldn't get out of... Tito finished him with a bodyslam and a sleeper hold which referee lifted the Duke's arm three times and was out RATED: E+

After the match Tito was at ringside with with Gorilla Monsoon... Gorilla, "Another win for Tito, you've been on a roll for quite sometime now here in the WWWF." (Santana) "Thanks Gorilla, however there is something that kind of bothers me, and that is when is the last time that Don Muraco has defended that intercontinental championship belt... The last time he did, I beat him, now I know that I didn't pin him, but a win is a win and he's been off chasing Bob Backlund for the world title, so tonight I'd like to cal out the commisioner of the WWWF Mr. Pat Patterson to set the record straight.... Patterson comes down to ringside.... He talks into the mic, "Tito, I couldn't agree with any more, Muraco has been chasing Bob Backlund for the World title and neglecting the Intercontinental championship for some time... This is a prestigious title in its own right and I have a little soft spot in my heart for it, being I was the firs man to ever hold the title... So, as far as I'm concerned Muraco's days of chasing Backlund are over, its time to put up or shut up Don Muraco." Santana takes mic, "Pat Patterson, I respect you as a wrestler and as our commisioner, but I have beaten everyone I've faced here in the WWWF recently and that includes Don Muraco, I mean no disrespect to you sir, but I'd like very much to be the one who chalenges Magnificent Muraco for the Intercontinental championship... Patterson, "Tito you want a shot, you got it, as I deem you the #1 contender for that ttitle, 2 weeks time in Philadelphia at the Spectrum it will be Tito Santana vs Magnificent Muraco with the intercontinental title on the line.. RATED: D+

EVENT CENTER w/ Billy Red Lyons: "We talked earlier with Superstar Billy Graham, tonights main event he will be facing this man a former World Heavyweight CHampion, a former Intercontinental Champion and a former Tag Team Champion in Pedro Morales... Pedro your thoughts on Billy Graham tonight." (Pedro) "To hell with Billy Graham, I sick and tired of listening Billy Graham talk about how strong he is, how big he is, I got a big surprise for you Billy Graham and thats this fist in your muth to shut you up... I know deep inside my heart that I can beat Billy Graham... and I prove to everyone that I an de better man." RATED: D-

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/RickySteamboat-1.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JimmySnuka.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TongaKid.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MoondogRex.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MoondogSpot.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/CharlieFulton.jpg

Ricky Steamboat, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka & The Tonga Kid beat "The Moondogs" Rex & Spot and Charlie Fultan 11:38 The trio of Steamboat, Snuka and Tonga kid are descibed as one of the most athletic teams Monsoon has ever seen in the WWWF... Steamboat, Snuka and Tonga dominate The Moondogs with their speed and quickness... The Moondogs just cant keep up with them and it shows in their frustartion as they decide to fight amongst themselves for a bit... Snuka comes over and does a double noggin knocker and a head but of their own while their going at it.. Fultan comes in and actually takes it to Snuka for a bit before Tonga Kid tags in and cleeans house... Moondogs actually then isolate Tonga Kid an beat him down... Fultan adds a slam and a bulldog of his own for a 2 count... Spot misses a dive into the buckle on Tonga Kid and both men are slow to feet and looking to tag out... Simutaneously tags are made... Snuka chops away at Fultan and hits a big Splash.. He tags Steamboat, As Moondogs re-enter Tonga Kid dives wiot them to floor and Snuka does a huge dive over the top rope onto all of them... Steamboat finishes off Fultan with a high cross body and the 1..2..3... RATED: D-

Monsoon grabs the threesome for a post match interview and asks why have you guys decided to team up... Steamboat replies, "This man came to my aid when he didn't have to, this man helped when the odds were stacked up against me... This man helped me project myself to a title shot of my choice next month at the Garden, and for what he did, I will ever be so grateful...

A Video of the conclusion of the MSG Orndorff/Steamboat match from Saturday Night is shown RATED: B

Back live to Steamboat, "You see he stuck his neck out there for me, and I wish I would have done the same for him as Superfly wasn't as fortuante as I was in his match with John Studd...The Contract has already been signed for the Spectrum in Philadelphia where it will be Snuka and Steaboat taking on Bobby Heenan's goons of Big John Studd and Paul Orndorff... (Monsoon) Ricky, you also won a shot at any title you want in MSG, does this mean you and Jimmy will go after the tag titles... Gorilla, I dont know the answer to that question yet, I'd love to challenge Don Muraco for the Intercontinental Title, but we dont even know if he's going to be the champion, because he has Tito Santana next Saturday Night... Bob Backlund, would be a great scientific matchup and competing for and winning the world title has been my dream since entering this sport... But if I do decide to challenge for the tag team titles, I can think of no man better than Jimmy Snuka to be my partner... RATED: C

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SuperstarGraham.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/PedroMorales.jpg

"Superstar" Billy Graham beat Pedro Morales 11:27 Graham heckled some of the ringside crowd before entering the ring... Monsoon adds, "This match could be a main event in any building in the world on any given night" ... Okerlund adds "Its not often we get two former world champions in the ring at the same time." After a lockup, Graham tosses Pedro in the corner and Pedro clenches his fists ready to fight as The Superstar struts around the ring... A second lockup gives Graham a side headlock and he poses and flexes while he tightens headlock up on Morales... Morales powers out with a wristlock and armbar then Pedro frees his left and blasts away at Graham... Graham begs off in the corner and offers his hand, but Pedro goes in kicking and hiptosses Graham out... Graham retreats to the floor...Pedro Follows him out as Graham runs around one corner he turns and waits for Pedro and nails him, then slams Pedro's head into ring apron... Pushed back in the ring Graham stomps away at Pedro's back and applies an over the shoulder back breaker... Pedro refuses to give and fights his way outHe blocks several off Grahams Punches and hits his own.. A whip into the buckle is reversed by Graham and Morales hits buckle bounces out and the each hit a clotheline on each other and referee Dick Kroll begins his 10 count... Graham back to his feet first tries to apply a texas clover leaf, but Morales kicks him off... Graham whips Morales into the turnbuckle as Pedro charges Graham lifts his knee... Graham pulls Morales feet out from under him and bends Pedro in half pinning him for the 1..2.. (puts his feet on the ropes for added leverage)...3.... RATED: D

===========================================================================

Attendance: Salisbury, Maryland: Wicomico Youth & Civic Center: 1,658

Overall Rating: D

TNT on USA Rating: .19

Dark Matches:

Blackjack Mulligan beat Baron Mickel Scicluna RATED: D-

Tony Atlas beat Bob Bradley RATED: E

I'm not 100% sure and if anyone else on these boards knows for sure I'd love to hear why..

Nevertheless , I'm just trying to stick to that formula and usually put the main event on right before intermission, with the semi-main event just before it...I know the WWF used to close out shows with tag matches quite often, so I usually try and do the same... Its almost like two seperate cards that I'm having as after the main event, I'll bring the crowd back down with a preliminary match, as to not burn them out an rather build back up the excitement

Reverse your style, for the games sake. Although in reality things worked a certain way, TEW works differently, with a higher curve on the Main Event (the end of show). Where-as in reality, a good match will be a good match for the show no matter what (at least back then).

Even today, an undercard match ussually steals the show from the main event at PPV's. Alot of time on regular TV Shows as well. Hardly ever does this hurt the ratings of the overall show (a good match in the middle). However, TEW doesn't work that way. A "GREAT" Match in the middle has no where near the pull of a great match at the end.

That's my suggestion for getting better show grades.... However, the shows themselves to the public reading them are alot better then TEW grades them (as they are now).

Reverse your style, for the games sake. Although in reality things worked a certain way, TEW works differently, with a higher curve on the Main Event (the end of show). Where-as in reality, a good match will be a good match for the show no matter what (at least back then).

Even today, an undercard match ussually steals the show from the main event at PPV's. Alot of time on regular TV Shows as well. Hardly ever does this hurt the ratings of the overall show (a good match in the middle). However, TEW doesn't work that way. A "GREAT" Match in the middle has no where near the pull of a great match at the end.

That's my suggestion for getting better show grades.... However, the shows themselves to the public reading them are alot better then TEW grades them (as they are now).

Thanks for the suggestions... I think for now I'm going to continue to run the house shows as big events in the big arenas (depite how costly this can be) and try and turn around the ratings and build back the overall rating, in turnbuilding the fan base and in turn building the attendance and popularity.... I'll probably put my semi-main event on where I had been putting the main event, the main event last, with the 3rd biggest match leading into the main event.

Thanks for the suggestions... I think for now I'm going to continue to run the house shows as big events in the big arenas (depite how costly this can be) and try and turn around the ratings and build back the overall rating, in turnbuilding the fan base and in turn building the attendance and popularity.... I'll probably put my semi-main event on where I had been putting the main event, the main event last, with the 3rd biggest match leading into the main event.

This seems to be more what TEW looks for in the "Perfect Show".

From what I remember off the top of my head for the Perfect Show, the main points are the start of the show, midpoint, then the end, with the build up to the end to be stronger then the build up to midpoint.

July 2nd, 1983: Saturday am (All Star Wrestling)

In the sporting world Dave Righetti threw a no-hitter on the 4th of July against the Red Sox and Fred Lynn hit the first ever grand slam in baseball's all star game ... But today is Saturday and time to see your favorite jobber crushed on

ALL STAR WRESTLING

Hosted by Dick Graham & Lord Alfred Hayes

WWWF Tag Team Champions Afa & Sika "The Wild Samoans" w/ Lou Albano & :King" Curtis Iaukea beat Terry Daniels & Aldo Marino 4:04 Pure domination by The Samoans as Double head butts on both Marino & Daniels set the tone for the match... Sika's diving head butt off the second rope on Daniels after an Afa powerslam was the finisher for The Tag Team Champions.......... RATED: D-

At the conclusion of the match it appeared that Albano & Iaukea were in a deep discusion, which lead to some very evil looks coming from the face of King Curtis....

EVENT CENTER w/ Gene Okerlund: (Okerlund) "Alright wrestling fans just a week away from the WWWF returning to the Philadelphia Spectrum... A couple big matches have been announced, Bob Backlund will defend his title vs Sgt. Slaughter, The Heenan Family will take on the team of Ricky STeamboat & Jimmy Snuka and Intercontinental title defense as Tito Santana will challenge this man, The Magnificent Muraco." (Muraco) "Gene Okerlund, I am not a happy camper, I have to listen to Pat Patterson tell me, that I will defend my Inter conti nental title against that mexican Tito Santana , because Tito beat me ONE time by disqualification or count out or whatever.. The point is I've stood toe-to-toe with a world champion, who never once pinned my shoulders to the mat, and now Tito Santana, never been anywhere, never done anything, he wants a match with the Magificent Muraco. Nobody talks about how great I am, nobody talks about how I beat every man they put in front of me... They wont give me another title shot, well I'll just make the Inter Conti Nental title more important... I am the one that has put the intercontinental title on the map, in every continent in the world, I am the one that has made this belt the most prestigious belt in professional wrestling today and now next Saturday Tito Santana you will see first hand how great Magnificent Muraco is.... RATED: D

The Masked Superstar w/ "Classy" Fred Blassie beat George Wells 8:19 Wells goes toe-to-toe with Masked Superstar in that they take turns trying to budge one another with shoulder tackles that they both shrug off... Wells fakes another shoulder tackle, slides between Superstar's legs and gets up and slams him 3 in a row, before Masked Superstar suckered Wells in with tie-up and a knee lift... Superstar worked over the back, with the big blow being a slam on the outside... Superstar finished of Wells after Wells reversed an Irish whip and then missed a charge into the corner... Superstar methodically twisted in a hangmans neckbreaker that put Wells away for the 1..2..3.... RATED: E+

EVENT CENTER w/ Gene Okerlund: (Okerlund) "We've talked about the Intercontinental title matchup between Don Muraco and Tito Santana, but the big main event next week in the spectrum, the WWWF title will be on the line as Bob Backlund is challenged by this man...Sgt. Slaughter." (Slaughter) "A TEN HUT!!!, (Okerlund) "Sgt Slaughter you will..... " (Slaughter) "Shut your hole, you maggot... BOB BACKLUND< I BEAT YOU WITHIN AN INCH OF YOUR LIFE IN BOSTON, BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, 3 NIGHTS IN THE HOSPITAL, DO YOU THINK FOR ONE MOMENT I WILL LET UP AGAIN.... Well This time Bob Backlund, things will be different, I will beat you within an inch of your life again, but this time, when I do, I will cover you for the 1..2..3...THIS COUNTRY NEEDS A CHAMPION THEY CAN LOOK UP TO, NT SOME SLIME MAGGOT LIKE BOB BACKLUND... THEY NEED SOMEONE WITH PASSION, SOMEONE WITH HEART, SOMEONE WHO WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET ON TOP....BACKLUND!!!! I am the past, present and future of the WWWF and next Saturday Night the belt is mine.... DISMISSSED!!!" RATED: C

"The French Connection" Rick Martel, Dino Bravo and Andre The Giant beat "The Platinum Bombers" Buddy Landell & Doug Somers and "Honest" Abe Jacobs 5:31 Graham mentions how any combination of this trio could be the ones who take the titles off the Samoans...Martel and Bravo show a nice display of quick tags and double team manuevers, before tagging in Andre who puts Jacobs away with a boot to the face and a sit down splash for the 1...2..3.... RATED: D

EVENT CENTER w/ Gene Okerlund: Gene runs down the card then Backlund/Slaughter, Muraco/Santana and Steamboat & Snuka vs The Heenan amily Paul Orndorff and your latest signing "Big" John Studd.... (Heenan) "Am I not the smartest man in wrestling, Okerlund...I let all those other managers bid up and offer gifts to Paul Orndorff, when I've been pulling the strings on that one for months...I signed the biggest and baddest man in wrestling rigt from underneath the nose of that greasy, filthy Lou Albano... These men are champions, these men will have been taken care, of, getting the best in everything, thats what being a member in the Heenan Family is all about, now Jimmy Snuka, you want to interject yourself into my business, you've made a big mistake, next week Steamboat and Snuka you may have a bunch of white sock 8 to 5 clock punching humanoids to cheer you on, but Orndorff and Studd have The Brain... The smartest man in wrestling in their corner... RATED: C-

BlackJack Mulligan beat "Pretty Boy" Larry Sharpe 4:58 Mulligan went right at Sharpe with a no-nonsense approach, using his size to his advantage pushing Sharp around the ring...Sharpe managed a few kicks here and there, but Mulligan was too much nailing a clotheline by Mulligan followed by a claw hold, which put Sharpe out and onto the mat with his shoulders pinned for the 1..2...3..... RATED: 4:58

EVENT CENTER w/ GENE OKERLUND: (Okerlund) Next Saturday night in Philadelphia Spectrum Backlund vs Sgt. Slaughter, Santana vs Muraco, Steamboat & Snuka vs Orndorff & Studd and a final matchup has been signed as former members of The Soul Patrol Rocky Johnson andTony Atlas square off in their 3rd encounter against each other, the first two meeting were split and my guest right now, will have his hands full with Mr. USA and thats Rocky Johnson (Rocky) Gene Okerlund the only thing I'll have my hands full of, i a hand full of fist that I'm going to knock upside Tony Atlas head, Tony yu're big, you're athletic, but all the muscles in the world wont make up for that small peanut sized brain you have, and that where I'm going to get you Atlas, I'm smarter, craftier, slicker and quicker and Atlas after the beating I give you next Saturday, I am done with you, its time to move on to bigger and better things.... RATED: D-

MAIN EVENT

Bob Backlund & Eddie Gilbert beat The Cobra & Black Tiger 9:24 Backlund and Black Tiger started off with a great display of hold for hold, counter for counter scientific wrestling... Gilbert tagged in and did pretty much the same, but Black Tiger worked an advantage, The Cobra tagged in and kept Gilbert off balance with his speed and quickness, until Gilbert just punched him in the mouth.... Backlund tagged in and worked away at the shoulder of The Cobra, but Cobra rolled his way out and ran the ropes faster han Backlund could turn around and knocked the champ down... Black Tiger tagged in and applied several pinning combinations resulting in several 2 counts... Backlund reversed a suplex to take back over and tagged in Eddie who used a more agressive aproach on his quicker opponents... Eddie missed a leap off the top rope which enabled Black Tiger to tag back in the Cobra ... The Cobra lifted Gilbert up in a power slam position, but Gilbert bridged backwards onto his feet and reversed The Cobra into the same position, but then nailed a shoulder breaker... Backlund tagged in and applied the Cross face Chicken Wing fr the submission victory RATED: D

As Backlund and Gilbert were having their hands raised Sgt. Slaughter attacked Bob Backlund, while The Masked Superstar attacked Eddie Gilbert from behind... Superstar hit several neckbreakers on Eddie Gilbert , while Slaughter tossed Backlund over the top rope and slammed his head into the ring post busting him wide open again as All Star wrestling went off the air.... RATED: C

===========================================================================

ATTENDANCE: Frederick High School Frederick, MD 300 (Sold Out)

Syndicated Rating: .13

Overall Rating: D

Dark Match:

Ivan Putski vs The Spoiler 10min DRAW RATED: D-

Dick Murdoch w/ Adrian Adonis beat The Tonga Kid 4:54 RATED: C-

It is so weird seeing Adrian Adonis doing his biker gimmick. I mean I have old magazines with him in it where he was doing that gimmick but I only ever saw him doing the drag queen gimmick.

Adonis doing the biker gimmick was one of my favorites, Adonis drag queen gimmick not so much, however I think he was more over doing the drag queen.... I remember him as a biker, carrying a briefcase that said "Relax with Trudi" (I believe) ... There was always quite some mystery as to what that was all about. I'm pretty sure that lead to the drag gimmick

PWI Weekly: July: Week 1

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/PWI.jpg

PWI weekly roundup, of whats going on in the world of wrestling

WWWF: Will have 2 big shows this month; next week in a return to the Philadelphia Spectrum after a 2 month break from Philly and again at the end of the month at Madison Square Garden... The WWWF is looking to beef up their weekly TNT wrestling show with better matches in an effort to draw better ratings as TV contract renewals are fothcoming, However they also may be cutting some payroll by trimming the roster a bit...

Bob Backlund has finished his program with Don Muraco with a victory inside the steel cage at Madison Square Garden over the Magnificent one... Sgt. Slaughter looks to be next in line for the champion, and Backlund looks to get a bit of revenge on the Sarge after his DQ defeat of Slaughter in the Boston Gardens last month, After that match Slaughter continued a bloody beatdown on the champion and Backlund had to spend several nights in the hosptial...

The challengers will be lining up for Intercontinental title defenses against The Magnificent Muraco... Tito Santana is the first challenge coming up in Philly... This will be Santana's second crack at Muraco as last time Santana won via countout..

Just when it looks like The Samoans have exhausted all challengers to the WWWF tag team tiltes, Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch have arrived on the scene... In addition it looks as if Ricky Steamboat and Jimmy Snuka have formed an alliance in recent weeks... The combination of Steamboat and Snuka will face off against Heenan's family of Paul Orndorff and the recently signed Big John Studd....

MACW: The Mid Atlantic wrestling organization just completed one of their biggest events of the year with The Great American Bash... The rundown on that event was.

Ric Flair defended NWA World title against Jos Leduc

Terry Funk beat Jay Youngblood US Title was not on the line

Jack Brisco beat his brother Jerry Brisco

Roddy Piper & Bob Orton Jr. beat Kelly Kiniski & One Man Gang

Dory Funk Jr. defended Mid Atlantic title against Jim Nelson

The Assasin beat Sweet Brown Sugar

Harley Race beat Ricky Harris

Mid Atlantic wrestling scored a major coup resigning one its top stars in Dick Slater

AWA: A quiet month in the AWA as Nick Bockwinkle , Brad Reighans and The High Flyers remain the companies three champions... The High Flyers of Jim Brunzell & Greg Gagne beat Jerry Blackwell & Jesse Venture in what some are saying has been the best tag team match of the year...

World Class: Kerry Von Erich ended the reign of "Wild" Bill Irwin as WCCW Texas Heavyweight Championship at the big World Class end of the month show

Cental States: Manny Fernandez continues to be one of the hottest wrestlers in the world today... He recently defended his Central States title against Harley Race in a true classic match of the year candidate... Bruiser Brody has also been making more appearancs in Central States since deciding not to resign with All Japan..

Archived