Ganso bomb?

alden

I might have spelt that wrong but who "invented" the ganso/ganzo bomb? I have seen that a few people might have taken credit for using it first. I do believe it is Tosiaki but not sure. So any of you big puro fans willing to set the record straight?

I had seen that clip a few times but never with that title. It never seamed like a "accident" to be honest because he was holding him for a while and just dropped. From what i understand about that match it was a long and hard fight and it could have been he just could not get Misawa up for a proper powerbomb and might have been hoping misawa would just lift up. Either way i have to admit this might be number 1 on my list of moves i hope i never see again.

From what i understand about that match it was a long and hard fight and it could have been he just could not get Misawa up for a proper powerbomb and might have been hoping misawa would just lift up. Either way i have to admit this might be number 1 on my list of moves i hope i never see again.

As I recall Kawada had broken his arm quite early on in the match, so that probably had something to do with it.

Edit: Does anyone remember how they finished the match? What could possibly top that? :p

They way I always heard it told was that the kawada/mitsuharu match involving the "infamous ganso bomb" was actually a botched spot in the match. Also that the move was mistakenly labeled as the ganso bomb which is apparently slightly different. At least thats how those wonderful developers at spike (aka Fire Pro) see it. As they always have the ganso bomb and original powerbomb listed in the moves section. With the latter being the move everyone always asks for. Just my two cents anyways.

First. The Ganso bomb was a botched spot: Misawa was supposed to counter Kawada's powerbomb and do a hurricanrana but somehow the two didn't click on that particular spot as Kawada kept holding on and didn't go for the hurricanrana. After holding Misawa a little while Kawada probably thought "Oh what the hell, I'll just drop him on his head" and went for it. Notice how he uses his legs, knees as he rattles Misawa so that he won't land entirely on his neck.

Second. In FPW2 the Ganso bomb is NOT the Original Powerbomb. In my opinion it is infact the "Reverse T-Piledriver", Grab A section. Original powerbomb is a different move and clearly a lot more of a powerbomb than a piledriver, which Ganso bomb is.

From Wikipedia..

Ganso bomb

Translated literally from Japanese as Originator Bomb but in English more commonly referred to as the original powerbomb, and also known as a Hangman's DDT, this move sees the attacking wrestler bend an opponent over and grab them in a belly to back waistlock before then lifting the opponent until they are vertical. The attacking wrestler then drives the opponent down on their neck and shoulder while either remaining in a standing position, sitting position or dropping down to their knees. The move is considered one of the most dangerous moves in professional wrestling as the person taking the move is in freefall, dropped onto their own head or neck without protection.

I might have been wrong with the hurricanrana thing. Don't know. From wikipedia aswell, Kawada's profile.

He also inadvertently invented what many call the dangerous finisher in wrestling - the ganso Bomb. Kawada was attempting a powerbomb on Misawa but couldn't lift him high enough because of his broken arm and dropped him on his head.

I might have been wrong with the hurricanrana thing. Don't know.

Misawa was definitely going for the rana, the way he does it is quite unique so you tell that that's what he was trying to do.

It's an ugly piledriver. Big whoop.

Good contribution. :p

Good contribution. :p

I was a bit blunt perhaps, but I'm honestly not sure how that move gets its own name. Based on the clip it's either a total botch or a sloppy Piledriver. I guess maybe it's evolved from that into some unique and recognisable, but when I clicked that link I expected some awesome head-droppy move, not a Japanese guy failing to get it up.

I think while the ganso bomb might not look like much there are alot of wrestlers who never want it done. There are maybe three moves that i hope i never see again.

1:burning hammer

2: ganso bomb

3: A true vertibreaker

they have hurt to many people and have no place in the sport in my opinion.

I love the fact that it took hundreds of years to 'innovate' dropping someone on their head whilst holding their legs :D

First. The Ganso bomb was a botched spot

I've never understood why people split hairs on things like this. Honestly, who cares HOW the move was created or innovated? Even as a botched spot, Kawada had enough wherewithal and concern for his opponent (and skill) to try to protect him.

And Nedew, as you well know, it's taken decades for folks to find new and interesting ways of dropping people on their head whilst holding their legs, arms, trunk and not killing or crippling their opponent. Search Youtube for the Victory Star Drop. From all I'm told, there's nothing to post off of so your head is hitting the mat, at velocity, full force.

3: A true vertibreaker

they have hurt to many people and have no place in the sport in my opinion.

Umm, Megumi Kudo (the inventor of the move) used that successfully and safely for almost a decade, under far worse conditions than many people today (try doing it at the end of a barbed wire death match with your blood gushing out of your head). By all accounts, Megumi Kudo wasn't one of the top 10 skilled workers of her generation/era. So the move should be banned because people who aren't skilled enough to use it (or take it) properly cause and suffer injury?

I don't get it. If that's the case, we'd have to revert to slap wrestling because every wrestling maneuver can cause injury if not used (or, again, taken) properly. Stiff punches that aren't done correctly can break cheekbones and orbital bones. Suplexes can cause disc problems in the back and neck. Heck, someone died as a result of a freakin' flapjack (Brian Ong).

Where do you draw the line?

O i am not saying banned......I believe a worker should be able to do anything they think they can do safley. I just don't think most people can do it safley.

If someone could figure out how to do a top rope burning hammer or a ganso bomb through a flaming barbwire table above an electrified swimming pool more power to them. I just don't think most people can do that move safe enough.

I've never understood why people split hairs on things like this. Honestly, who cares HOW the move was created or innovated? Even as a botched spot, Kawada had enough wherewithal and concern for his opponent (and skill) to try to protect him.

And Nedew, as you well know, it's taken decades for folks to find new and interesting ways of dropping people on their head whilst holding their legs, arms, trunk and not killing or crippling their opponent. Search Youtube for the Victory Star Drop. From all I'm told, there's nothing to post off of so your head is hitting the mat, at velocity, full force.

I'm no wrestler, but the Victory Star Drop doesn't look that bad to take. You're basically falling backwards onto your shoulders... the force of your opponents legs add some velocity, sure, but... I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer to land shoulders & neck than directly on top of my head. Neither are ideal.

I'd take a 'Ganso Bomb' off someone I knew we strong enough not to struggle to carry me. Someone who could pull a bit of the force somehow. Someone who could make it look like he's dropping me, but is actually placing me on top of my head.

Then again, I'd likely be the party pooper who when told "Indy Geek 483 is going over you with a Canadian Destroyer" would say "Not a chance. Figure 4 finish. Work the knee, kid."

Some call it old school... some call it cowardice... I call it living to fight another day.

O i am not saying banned......I believe a worker should be able to do anything they think they can do safley. I just don't think most people can do it safley.

If someone could figure out how to do a top rope burning hammer or a ganso bomb through a flaming barbwire table above an electrified swimming pool more power to them. I just don't think most people can do that move safe enough.

I would totally agree. Most promoters don't want the liability issues so they vet who can do what, as it should be. The people who would be held responsible for a botch should be the ones making that decision. It's like the WWE when they banned the piledriver and SSP. Certain workers were still allowed to do the former (Lawler, Kane, 'Taker) and the latter was recently opened up to young Matt Sydal (who has been doing it for YEARS).

I'm no wrestler, but the Victory Star Drop doesn't look that bad to take. You're basically falling backwards onto your shoulders... the force of your opponents legs add some velocity, sure, but... I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer to land shoulders & neck than directly on top of my head. Neither are ideal.

Did you see the one where Manami did it to Aja Kong? Look at how Aja lands (or rather, sells the landing). Back of the head with the shoulders to try to break the fall.

Then again, I'd likely be the party pooper who when told "Indy Geek 483 is going over you with a Canadian Destroyer" would say "Not a chance. Figure 4 finish. Work the knee, kid."

That's funny right there. My sides are hurting. :)

Did you see the one where Manami did it to Aja Kong? Look at how Aja lands (or rather, sells the landing). Back of the head with the shoulders to try to break the fall.

That's the one I saw. It looks impressive. Definitely a finish to an important match. I'd have little hesitation in taking the move if the situation allowed it... although now I'm starting to think I'd only take it once.

Archived