The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Candyman" data-cite="Candyman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It would be nice to have the Hall be somewhere that's significant to the history of WWE, and the Hulk/Andre slam (and all-time attendance record) alone makes Detroit significant. New York is the most logical location, as far as ties to the promotion go.<p> </p><p> From what I've heard, they're more concerned with finding a city that will help pay to build and maintain it. Orlando was mentioned as a candidate, which is interesting given their ties to TNA. I would say Florida or California are both likely.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would like it to be in New England, Philly or NYC as that was the original homebase of the promotion. However, I am not sure where they would put it and other than NYC none of the other places are thought of as being, for lack of better terms, sexy. I think it will probably end up in a warm place like you said. I heard Orlando was in the running, but the just not have the history there.</p><p> </p><p> Which does not matter because whomever makes the best offer will get the HOF.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It saddens me that Bruno Sammartino gets so forgetten, relatively, anymore. The guy was Hogan before there was Hogan. When selling out areas was the primary measure of workers success, he owned the single most important arena in the wrestling world. He made fans care. He sold out Shea Stadium with a feud and he wasn't even champion. Obviously I understand that he was before our time for many of us, but the same can be said of Hogan for a lot of fans, yet the way that the WWE held (maybe not so much know that he's in TNA) Hogan in high regard helped the younger fans know. Because of Bruno's issues with Vince, that doesn't seem to happen in his case.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've always considered the top 5 as Hogan, Sammartino, Austin, Rock and Cena.</p><p> </p><p> Austin's ability to draw is significantly over-exaggerated. After the initial explosion of the adult orientated product circa 1998, PPV draws never really increased for the next two years under Austin's reign.</p><p> </p><p> Interesting fact: during Austin's peak years 1998-2002 there were 5 Wrestlemania's and the highest drawing (PPV buyrate) one was WM2000. You know, the only in that period where he didn't appear. </p><p> </p><p> The PPV's did increase in 2000 again, largely down to the Rock and his feud with Trips.</p><p> </p><p> WrestleMania buyrates decreased steadily then until 2005 when Cena won the title for the first time. Cena > Austin? Hehe.</p>

<p>From wrestlezone.com:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Jim Ross and Stone Cold Steve Austin posted the following on their Twitter accounts in response to WWE revealing its list of the "Top 50 Superstars of All-Time," which will be featured in an upcoming DVD release:<p> </p><p> Steve Austin wrote: "i dont know the criteria for the WWE top 50 list...but i disagree with 85% of it."</p><p> </p><p> Jim Ross wrote: "Hogan & Rock not being in top 10 n wwe top 50 dvd shocked me. Is shock 2 strong a word? Everyones entitled 2 their opinion."</p><p> </p><p> Jim Ross later wrote: "My bad on Rock's lofty rtg on wwe's top 50 dvd. Hulk should have been higher but argument can b made 4 others too. I liked the dvd. Buy it."</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I guess we are not the only ones talking about it.</p>

<p>I found the reason to why WWE matches are so boring now days. They don't have passionate play by play like JR helping tell the story.</p><p> </p><p>

Really good Raw tonight. Anyone notice Rock's movie commercials airing either before or after commercial break?</p><p> </p><p>

Edit: LOL at Cole sleeping at the announce table!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Celt" data-cite="The Celt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>"Get me a match with these Sl*ts!" Mae Young continues to live in infamy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I wonder if she gets future endeavored. Sponsors won't be happy about this one. E.g. Daniel Bryan necktie submission on the ring announcer.</p>