The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>edit: How is skip so high? I forgot all about him. he doesn't have much other than size.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Skip is better than people give him credit for. Either that or the rest of the roster bar a few guys are so boring he seems okay by comparison. </p><p> </p><p> Is there anyone else who just doesn't get Kofi Kingston in the ring? Fun character,nice enough entrance but as soon as his matches are over I cannot think of a single move, or spot or anything he did. It's like he gets in the ring and just moves around without doing anything then the match is over and nothing happened.</p><p> </p><p> I don't know, maybe I just don't get this new WWE wrestling. It's like they specialize in wrestling that isn't brawling, high-flying or mat work.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BurningHamster" data-cite="BurningHamster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Skip is better than people give him credit for. Either that or the rest of the roster bar a few guys are so boring he seems okay by comparison.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have found that SKip is seriously under-rated by internet wrestling fans. They see his physique and automatically think he's an immobile lunkhead. He's an athlete. He moves really well. One of his first NXT matches (but back playing the yup yup yup babyface) he was running around, hopping over the top rope, and the next day people were saying "OMG Batista 2" and "He can't move". Ridiculous prejudice against the well-muscled. Compared to usual guys of his size, he's very agile. </p><p> </p><p> Yup yup yup. WHAT IT DO???</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>most of Kofi's matches consist of him getting beat on for 80% of the match.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, but that could describe a lot of people's careers. Daniel Bryan's WWE work has been probably a good 80% getting beaten up and I remember a bunch of cool things about his matches. While Kofi is maybe the most obvious offender in my mind, a lot of the current WWE crew who aren't second generation or got their start somewhere else (ROH for example) seem like they have taken the "less is more" mantra to heart so much that they are in competition to do as little as possible until the announcer is all "trouble in paradise" and it's like oh wow, it's over ... What the heck just happened? Or maybe I just have the worst attention span in history but either way, this is weird.</p><p> </p><p> Oh and I am with you Self, sod the haters. Sheffield is the muscle with hustle and a bunch of other things that rhyme. I would rather watch him than pretty much anyone besides Bryan, Punk, Jericho and Husky Harris.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Self" data-cite="Self" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have found that SKip is seriously under-rated by internet wrestling fans. They see his physique and automatically think he's an immobile lunkhead. He's an athlete. He moves really well. One of his first NXT matches (but back playing the yup yup yup babyface) he was running around, hopping over the top rope, and the next day people were saying "OMG Batista 2" and "He can't move". Ridiculous prejudice against the well-muscled. Compared to usual guys of his size, he's very agile. <p> </p><p> Yup yup yup. WHAT IT DO???</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm a big Skip fan. It'd be really cool if he came back gunning for Nexus. On his return, I'd let him team up with the likes of Orton & Cena for a few weeks. One week he teams with Cena, the next with Orton then both in a 6 man tag-match. Would help get him over and would work well with his Nexus past.</p>

<p>From what I heard, Miz/Morrison was worth a look, so I watched the beginning of RAW for the first time in a long while. I'm not a fan of Punk leading Nexus, but that opening recap video gave me a little chill, so maybe there's something there. As did Justin Gabriel's beard.</p><p> </p><p>

Onto the match... It was okay. I was into it up until the knee to Riley. Good move, took him out, and the facial expressions afterwards, with Miz looking terrified, and Morrison glaring at him with wild hair and beard... Fantastic way to go into an ad break. I couldn't wait for this bad ass John Morrison to start beating the hell out of Miz, who desperately flees through the crowd, trying to find somewhere he can hide from this madman. Sadly, I didn't get that. We returned to see Morrison playing babyface in peril, which was fine, but I was bummed that the wild bad ass was gone. I'd love to see that guy as world champ.</p><p> </p><p>

The rest of the match I was struck by how major this should have been. Miz & Morrison. Former best friends divided by fate, their lives taking vastly different paths, now pitted against each other, battling all of the arena for the gold. It felt fairly major here, but could have been an awesome title match for the Rumble. </p><p> </p><p>

Still, good match. 3-stars on my wonky star-o-meter. Even though I knew Miz was going to win, I did get the odd chill when Morrison would make a cover. I've been a mark for him so long I had moments of "what if this was it? What if this was his moment?". Flights of fancy that made my heart smile. I haven't felt like that since Jeff Hardy feuded with Triple H a few years ago. It felt good.</p><p> </p><p>

Didn't watch the rest of the show.</p>

That's a shame Self, you missed that awesome new backstage interviewer. He looked so out of place, that was so funny. Then again, interviewing Randy Orton tends to do that anyway.

I've lost all interest in Orton now. I do have to admit though that his "serious look" does make me laugh because it looks like he is trying to divide 3747 by 43 in his head and is just getting frustrated with the whole thing.

Gabriel is turning face...

I bet my "SCREEN NAME" on it.

I can see where this is going. They are going to make a NWO/Raven's Nest type stable, where CM Punk will be in charge...and will have McGuillicutty, Harris, Heath, Otunga, and they will probably fued with Cena, Barrett (face turn), Gabriel, possibly Undertaker and......EVAN BORNE!!

But thats how I would book it if it was me.

Ghost

Umm

is it me, or is ... Randy Orton this generations "Stone Cold" Steve Austin?

Ok..for example:

"The Viper" vs The Rattlesnake

The Stunner vs The RKO

even the RING Entrances are the same....???

Have I been in IRAQ THAT LONG???

Stone Cold=charismatic, believable bad ass

Randy Orton= devoid of charisma and looks more like a mentally handicapped person when he's trying to act

I understand that.. and lets play

"Which One of these things is ALIKE!!??"

Stone Cold Raises his hands on the turnbuckle/

Randy Orton raises his hands on the turnbuckle....

Stone Cold with the lunatic look when delivering a Lou Thez Press/

Randy Orton when delivering a Power Slam

Stone Cold doing mudhole stompings in the corner..../

Randy Orton doing....AWWW HELL you get the point...