The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I may be in the minority (I don't fancy reading four pages of this thread to find out) but in my opinion by far the greatest thing about Nash's WWE return is that he is playing Diesel again! :D

Nash I couldn't care less about, but Diesel - that's another matter entirely.

Just finished watching the Rumble match. For a long time, I was LOVING it. Then Hornswaggle got eliminated. It wasn't that I was rooting for the little bugger, and I dug how Sheamus took him out, it's just that after that point nothing particularly exciting happened (with the exception of Diesel). It was just a bunch of brawlers I have no interest in, throwing punches and pretending to lift people. So even though I loved the first 2/3, that last stretch really dragged. I was bored.

Fun fact, I got Number 4 in a Rumble pool on another forum. I eagerly awaited my new favourite wrestler, and it was... Zack Ryder. Who is already my favourite WWE wrestler. Fate.

Just finished watching the Rumble match. For a long time, I was LOVING it. Then Hornswaggle got eliminated. It wasn't that I was rooting for the little bugger, and I dug how Sheamus took him out, it's just that after that point nothing particularly exciting happened (with the exception of Diesel). It was just a bunch of brawlers I have no interest in, throwing punches and pretending to lift people. So even though I loved the first 2/3, that last stretch really dragged. I was bored.

Fun fact, I got Number 4 in a Rumble pool on another forum. I eagerly awaited my new favourite wrestler, and it was... Zack Ryder. Who is already my favourite WWE wrestler. Fate.

I picked Punk to win and I also predicted he would come out either 1st or 2nd. Got half of the prediction right at least. :)

I will add that I enjoyed the Celtic Connection. I'm a big fan of teamwork, so seeing two guys who (to my knowledge) have never met in WWE canon, and have them work together... Loved it.

Also, the Kofi-Cena stand off was a million times better than Orton-Cena. Might have been Hornswaggle's presence that sold it. I really did love Hornswaggles involvement in the match.

I may be in the minority (I don't fancy reading four pages of this thread to find out) but in my opinion by far the greatest thing about Nash's WWE return is that he is playing Diesel again! :D

Nash I couldn't care less about, but Diesel - that's another matter entirely.

He even dyed his hair for it. :D

first ppv I ever bout, waste of money. they spent so long hyping how hall of famers win the rumble, how winning it is a huge deal, then put some guy that was cleaning the stands a year ago over as winner.

at least if santino had thrown him out, I could have seen a sudden character shift, and Santina suddenly getting a push he sure as heck has earned.

glad I had friends over to watch it, that was worth the money. The PPV's first two matches, ok the rumble on the whole good. but the finish soured the whole night.

That's like saying Rey Mysterio was a rookie when he started with WWE. Seriously wrestling exists outside of the WWE, strange I know but it does :p To say a guy like Santina deserves it and Del Rio doesn't is borderline funny. One guy worked his way through OVW and the most heat he saw was an unscripted face slap from his head booker. The other was nearly an Olympic athlete, worked his way up two of the most talented rosters in the world, toured Japan and on jumping to WWE improved at a rate most thought impossible. If anyone in that ring deserved that win it was Del Rio, I marked for it :o

FTR - Fenoli called the Dos Caras, Jr win a year ago :eek:

That would be...odd. Sting is quite possibly the biggest wrestler to never wrestle for Vince and the WWE ever. That has been part of his legacy.

My thoughts as well. I think it would be awesome to retire with that legacy, but after seeing that promo I don't see who else it could be.

That's like saying Rey Mysterio was a rookie when he started with WWE. Seriously wrestling exists outside of the WWE, strange I know but it does :p To say a guy like Santina deserves it and Del Rio doesn't is borderline funny. One guy worked his way through OVW and the most heat he saw was an unscripted face slap from his head booker. The other was nearly an Olympic athlete, worked his way up two of the most talented rosters in the world, toured Japan and on jumping to WWE improved at a rate most thought impossible. If anyone in that ring deserved that win it was Del Rio, I marked for it :o

FTR - Fenoli called the Dos Caras, Jr win a year ago :eek:

I did?...