The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Except, if Miz applies, then so does Edge and Jericho.

Only if they compare well to Piper. Jericho IMO doesnt compare well to Piper because Jericho is a better wrestler and a different kind of heel that is equally as good as Piper on the mic in his own way. I suppose Edge is a decent comparison and would probably say hes a poor mans Piper as well.

If Miz turns face what will his gimmick be? Right now he has to cheat to win. He is a cowardly heel. What kind of face would he be? Underdog face?

People were starting to cheer him and Morrison when they made fun of people constantly. Miz could easily be a face.

I agree with most of that, but I think he could be a face pretty easily

I mean..if you followed along with Mike during his Reality TV days, he's not some actor or former athlete who saw wrestling as a career move. He LOVES pro wrestling. LOVES it.

You run some videos of him wearing ring gear as a kid ...the same way guys like Edge and Christian and Jericho did...a guy who literally fought his way into living his dream job...and you could get him over as a face. The fact that he has a catchphrase the crowd can follow along with makes it even easier.

Niz could have an epic run as a face. really, the only reason not to do it now is because they need him much more as a heel.

So, had quite the fun time at the Smackdown! taping last night.

Guess I'll put my thoughts in white to, you know, avoid spoiling it.

WARNING SPOILERS

My thoughts:

It was a decent show, though not the best I've ever seen from the WWE live.

Shelton Benjamin wrestled the dark match, beat Curt Hawkins in a decently watchable match. Good to see Shelton back in action.

Pretty confident already that the new NXT (Redemption!) season is designed as a means mainly to get Darren Young over. Yoshi Tatsu and Hornswoggle both make for goofy pros, so that'll be fun to look forward to... oh, and Kozlov. Woot. That said, it felt like a collection of guys who weren't interesting enough compared to their peers to get over the first time through.

After all the NXT shenanigans, we had a single match for Superstars... Chris Masters versus Tyler Reks. It went out for ten minutes, and just served to remind me that Chris Masters sucks. This very well may have been the longest match of the night, and I was just left wondering "why?".

The Corre rock, but the segment seemed... wonky. Well, segments. Which were basically the same two done twice in a row. Wonky.

JTG has officially reached jobber status, having been introduced with "and already in the ring!" status, before getting beat in roughly less than a minute. Crappy diva match that came later was more competitive than the spanking JTG recieved from Cody Rhodes. Might wanna drop the "Brooklyn, Brooklyn" music before folks start dubbing in "brawler".

Undertaker coming out to Johnny Cash looks and sounds legitimately badass.

And, the biggest and awesomest part of the night...

EDGE AND CHRISTIAN RE-UNITED!!!! They looked GREAT out there, and were easily the highlight of the night (other than the Taker/HHH face-off, perhaps). Was really awesome to get to see them as a tag team again, though the WWE should've gone all in with the nostalgia. I'll admit, I was a little sad they didn't both come running in from the crowd.

I have to say the one thing that WWE does really well that WCW never did and TNA is too young to really do, is to keep their retired wrestlers relevant and use them to build to their biggest shows. Wasn't following the WWE at all until I saw the rock. Now add SCSA, JB and the return of HHH and undertaker (and to a lesser extent Christain) off the IR and I'm actually considering it. Also glad the truth got his other theme back, saw the new one once and it just didn't work.

Former WWE Diva Jillian Hall has posted the following on Twitter: "So sad and traumatized but I am in labor at 14 weeks pregnant," she wrote. "Our baby's heart has stopped and is with God now...please pray for us."

WZ offers Jillian Hall and her family its deepest condolences and prayers during this difficult time.

:eek::(

Former WWE Diva Jillian Hall has posted the following on Twitter: "So sad and traumatized but I am in labor at 14 weeks pregnant," she wrote. "Our baby's heart has stopped and is with God now...please pray for us."

WZ offers Jillian Hall and her family its deepest condolences and prayers during this difficult time.

:(:(

Wow, that's sad news. Not sure if it came up on this thread, but the same thing happened to Candice Michelle a couple weeks back.

When Undertaker says "18 other men have fallen" - they're blatantly ignoring

a) One of them is Triple H

b) two of them were Shawn Michaels

It's only 16 other men. This feud really sucks and just feels completely forced. If the "career on the line" stip comes in like the dirt sheets first guessed, it'll be out of nowhere and not make any sense. They've already agreed to the match, unlike HBK last year.

When Undertaker says "18 other men have fallen" - they're blatantly ignoring

a) One of them is Triple H

b) two of them were Shawn Michaels

It's only 16 other men. This feud really sucks and just feels completely forced. If the "career on the line" stip comes in like the dirt sheets first guessed, it'll be out of nowhere and not make any sense. They've already agreed to the match, unlike HBK last year.

I think you are forgetting about Kane as well....

If Triple H doesn't retire after the match, which he will obviously loose, they should have him mentor Sheamus... who is storyline-wise on a losing streak and needs to change his ways to move forward, slowly turn him face and finally give him the push he deserves. Triple H could occationally team up with Sheamus in this role, but otherwise have a light schedule mostly doing mic work.

I thought Kane wrestled Undertaker twice too. Once when he had the mask and once after he had lost it. I specifically remember Kane crying "no, he's dead" after Taker returned from being buried by Vince.

because he beat two different guys on one wrestlemania (19) A-Train and Big Show so that cancels one of his two-fers.

If Triple H doesn't retire after the match, which he will obviously loose, they should have him mentor Sheamus... who is storyline-wise on a losing streak and needs to change his ways to move forward, slowly turn him face and finally give him the push he deserves. Triple H could occationally team up with Sheamus in this role, but otherwise have a light schedule mostly doing mic work.

This would need some good storyline reason considering Sheamus put Trips on the shelf for ages.

This would need some good storyline reason considering Sheamus put Trips on the shelf for ages.

I don't think it would be that hard. You just need a month of HHH talking about his past and how what Sheamus did is something he would have done in the past. Throw in Sheamus doubting it for a bit and the crowed always wondering if this is the day HHH turns on him and it seems like an easy storyline to write.

I didn't watch Smackdown yet, but are they really acting like Triple H didn't already lose to Undertaker at Mania? It just seems that way.

Apparently, and I don't really get the logic, Vince's edict is that when it comes to building their upcoming Wrestlemania match, their previous match didn't happen. I don't think they're claiming they never wrestled before at Wrestlemania, just that they're ignoring its existence. It makes no sense on any level but so far, like you said, they haven't made one mention of their previous match so the edict would seem to be in place.

If someone can make sense of this reasoning, I'd really like to hear it.