The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I hated Ziggler when I first saw him (I stopped watching wrestling for a bit including when he debuted) and also because he was an ex-SS but he has really grown on me, his promos are really good, he is not generic like most others.

I wont lie and say I predicted he'd be good all along, but I always had a semblance of faith in him because he started in OVW (from scratch) when Lance Storm was the main trainer. Anyone with natural athletic ability that is trained to wrestle by Lance Storm, who seems to have a natural charisma (that's the part no one saw), is bound to be successful.

When Dolph introduced himself for the first time, I was like "whoa, that's catchy"...

Same here. I was a fan of him as soon as he called himself "Dolph Ziggler". I thought it was funny, but he certainly had "the look". Then, he seemed to get better and better in the ring. Now, he's definitely one of my favorites, and I can't wait until he gets a real reign with a World title.

1. CM Punk

2. Dolph Ziggler (I hated him when he first came in and I hated him even more once I found out he was a former spirit squad member but he has really grown on me and its hard not to like him.)

3. Alberto Del Rio

4. Kelly Kelly (Shes gorgeous and shes improved a lot in the ring)

5. Randy Orton

Lemme See, my Fave 5 in WWE....

1. Air Boom

2. The Awesome Truth

3. Justin Gabriel

4. Tyson Kidd

5. Yoshi Tatsu

I might have the most surprising list on here. Surprisingly, D-Bry and Punk have lost steam for me lately, while Alberto Del Rio and many others have taken a trip down the road to Mehville, (just to me).

Honorable mentions go out to Mark Henry, (I like his current push a lot, but I'm hesitant ... dare I say, downright scared... to become a fan... I keep waiting for WWE to give the belt back to Orton, and slip Henry back to happy, fan-friendly Babyfaceville, a suburb of Mehville), and Brodus Clay, who looks very interesting to me. Can't wait to see what he's gonna do on the big shows.

Top 5? Harder than I thought. 5 wrestlers who I'd happiily see wrestle anyone. I got:

Punk, Bryan, Christian

... and then I got stuck. So two that I've been enjoying this year and I think will grow:

The Miz, Sheamus

You know, John Cena was damned close to getting on this list :o.

Cena is good, man! I just understand the frustration some fans have with the way things always go his way. But so is the life of the "top guy" in WWE.

I honestly think (and hope) that Punk will be near that level very soon. He's doing alot of things right, both inside and outside of the ring and we love to watch him work. He's been on just about everyones top 5.

Myself, I cant put a top 5 together. Mine would be much like Booker's: there'd be alot more than 5 and it would change on a frequent basis.

1. CM Punk

2. Sheamus

3. D. Bryan

4. Cody Rhodes

5. Christian

Potential Top Fivers: Cena (I've enjoyed his matches more this year), ADR, Henry, Ziggler, Miz, Sin Cara Azul, Zack Ryder, Justin Gabriel, Orton (so long as they keep him away from the title).

Guys I want to be in the Top 5 but they haven't wowed me (or had the push) yet: Mahal, McIntyre, Morrisson, Barrett.

Top 5:

1. Cm Punk

2. Christian

3. Shemus

4. Dolph Ziggler

5. Cody Rhodes

Some honorable mentions.

MArk Henry - He wouldn't be in my permanent fav five, but in honor of booker moving people in and out, I love what mark is doing right now he's verging on a temp spot.

Orton: as long as he;s chasing the title. Orton with title = boring. Orton chasing title = pretty good.

Alberto Del Rio - I love his promo work, his in ring work tend to be kinda hit or miss though.

Miz- Love Miz

R-turth - see above, love what Truth's done since his heel turn. Was probley in the top 5 when he was really involved with the title push.

CM Punk - No doubt, he's been my go-to guy for the past few years. I liked him since day one but ever since his heel turn against Jeff Hardy, I've gotten even more enticed with him.

Sheamus - Great, great talent. Nothing much to say about him, he's brought his own since he won the WWE title and you can see the hardwork he's went through to shine in the ring and on the mic.

Christian - So glad he finally got the big one, even if it was in such a manner. I envisioned him disgruntedly leaving the company again with Vince not giving him a chance. But he's a two-time world champ and that's now in the history books.

Wade Barrett - Another potential star who I hope gets his due soon.

Alberto Del Rio - I actually soured on this guy once he won the title. When he was Mr. MITB, his promos started to dwindle back into generic heelness. But lately he's been showing sings that he's getting somewhere, as champion. His promo with Bret Hart got me back into liking him, and even my best friend who I showed the clip(he lost interest in wrestling years ago) quickly became a fan of this guy while watching the Del Rio/Bret/Cena promo.

Honorable mentions... Dolph Ziggler(def #6), R-Truth, Daniel Bryan and Triple H. You could say Orton as well.. indeed, when he chases the title, he's somewhat entertaining.

What I find interesting is that a majority of the guys being mentioned are not he typical larger than life, HOSS types the WWE forces. Not that I'm shocked, but it shows that fans aren't looking for two giants to clash. They are looking for personalities/looks that are unique and entertaining. Punk/Sheamus/Barrett/ADR. Lots of International flavor there than the typical Hogan/Luger/Angle even Cena white American. Having a diverse roster with interesting personas should be their goal. Wider appeal.

I'll add that I'm reading Wrestling at the Chase again and even though it's 6 years old it's amazing that WWE is still doing some of the same stuff he calls out in the book. Focusing on the champion and not the championship. Hot shots for short term business boom, but then lower attendance/rating afterwards (read: the Walkout angle). Booking for ratings and not to make money. Not focusing the promotion around 1-2 people. Keeping guys strong near the top instead of Champion to midcard free fall (Ziggler/Swagger). Teasing matches and confrontations for long term business so when people finally do meet, it's a big deal (Rock/Cena, Punk/ADR).

Heath Slater suspended for a wellness violation.

Most comments I've read on other sites have people assuming its steroids, but they forget that something like cocaine, or painkillers, or what not are on there too. I'm assuming it has to do with a non-steroid non-peformance enhancer.

Heath Slater suspended for a wellness violation.

Most comments I've read on other sites have people assuming its steroids, but they forget that something like cocaine, or painkillers, or what not are on there too. I'm assuming it has to do with a non-steroid non-peformance enhancer.

weed prolly. I forgot who it was, some old school wrestler was on Opie and Anthony and he said that most positive tests come back hot from marijuana.

weed prolly. I forgot who it was, some old school wrestler was on Opie and Anthony and he said that most positive tests come back hot from marijuana.

If I'm not mistaken though they don't get suspended for weed just find $2,500 or something like that. My guess would be pain killers or muscle relaxers this time around.

Just as it was with Dolph Ziggler, it's great to see Cody Rhodes getting some love here. He's probably 5a. on my list, with Ryder. I love his promos, he's very good in the ring, and his character has more depth than anyone else's right now.

I'm not a big fan of Rhodes right now. I think his promos are hit-and-miss, and I hate his character. I just can't suspend my disbelief enough to listen to a handsome guy complain about how disfigured he is/has been when he's wearing a clear mask that shows he is still as handsome as he ever was.

I'm a huge mark for Dolph Ziggler, though. I think his body language is top-notch, his promos are more than good enough, and his selling is maybe the best in the WWE. He's shows great heel mannerisms, and with his ability to sell, I imagine he'd make a great undersized babyface that struggles to take down the bigger heels.