The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Not sure if anyone has seen or commented on this or even cares but I stumbled across some content on the WWE website while looking for something completely different, it was about forgettable WCW workers. <snip>

I completely agree. I read your post and curiously went to check out the list, and was outright shocked. How can they call characters like Disco Inferno, Berlyn, nWo Sting, Zodiac et all "forgetable"? Hell, Jericho's bodyguard Ralphus was more interesting than half of WWE's current roster.

But once again, they find a need to take a misdirected cheap shot at WCW... how about letting the hatred go already, WWE?

Random rant. Sorry to interupt the Eddie tributes, as he always will be the freaking man but this just got on my nerves.

Not sure if anyone has seen or commented on this or even cares but I stumbled across some content on the WWE website while looking for something completely different, it was about forgettable WCW workers.

Seriously, screw whoever compiled that. There is no way in hell Disco Inferno or 3 Count are somehow more forgettable than 90% of the current WWE roster. WWE has guys on TV now who I have seen within the last two weeks and cannot remember jack about but I can still remember stuff Disco and 3 Count did more than a decade ago. Just because someone isn't a main eventer doesn't mean they suck you freakin' bums.

WWE should stop trying to be snarky, that's the fans job you blubbering a-holes and it's annoying when they do it. WrestleCrap style dissing is A. pretty damn outdated and B. much better when it mocks the people in charge, not the performers themselves.

Okay .... I think that's out of my system now. :o

Thank you BH!

The rewriting of history that has happened since 2001 to make it seem like WCW was this wasteland where nothing good ever happened, was full of crappy workers, crappy storylines and a bunch of misery is crazy.

Disco Inferno was a character I didn't like personally, but he was better than a lot of the bland tans that make up WWE's roster today.

Furthermore, I think they list the Demon on that list when in another article they basically blasted WCW for not making the Demon into this big star.

The Crowbar thing made me angry as well. Crowbar was one of the best parts of WCW when he was there playing the psycho character. They took a picture of him in a goofy outfit that was not part of who he was during his time there. He was definitely memorable!

They also mention PG-13 using some snarky comment about how they should never have been around or something. They worked for the WWF!

The Crowbar thing made me angry as well. Crowbar was one of the best parts of WCW when he was there playing the psycho character. They took a picture of him in a goofy outfit that was not part of who he was during his time there. He was definitely memorable!

They also mention PG-13 using some snarky comment about how they should never have been around or something. They worked for the WWF!

Yeah the Crowbar thing bothered me too with their comment about who would be scared to see him coming down the street or whatever. Come on, Crowbar had a hell of a look, good shape, crazy eyes, I wouldn't mess with him but I'd punch Kofi Kingston or Justin Gabriel in the face without a second thought.

To the victor goes the spoils I suppose. The WWE can write whatever they want because they won the war. We might not like or agree with what they say but that hardly matters.

I do find it funny that they spent all of those years not even acknowledging the existence of WCW, AWA, and other promotions. However, now that they have wiped them out they take shots at them.

Yeah the Crowbar thing bothered me too with their comment about who would be scared to see him coming down the street or whatever. Come on, Crowbar had a hell of a look, good shape, crazy eyes, I wouldn't mess with him but I'd punch Kofi Kingston or Justin Gabriel in the face without a second thought.

They used a pic of him all geeked out.

This is the Crowbar I remember:

http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/crowbar2.jpg

Anyone else, like me, struggling to see where the other matches are going to come from at Survivor Series?

We've got 5 matches announced so far.

Unless Dolph is pulling double duty again by defending the US Title against Zack Ryder then I can't see what matches will be added to the 5 currently announced.

Of the superstars not currently announced in a match, there are no heels that I can see having a match, Drew McIntyre being the best of the bunch and he has barely been seen for months. The faces don't offer much more other than Daniel Bryan, John Morrison and Zack Ryder, but with no heels for them to face other than throwing in a completely random match for the sake of it, what the hell are they actually planning for Survivor Series this year? :D

F,F and not to put too fine a point on it, S!

WWE.Com announce that at Survivor Series Dolph Ziggler will be defending his US Title against...... John Morrison.

One of the reasons I was most looking forward to SurSer was Ziggler defending and hopefully losing the title to Zack Ryder, and at the tapings for this weeks SD, Vickie announced it would be Ziggler vs Ryder.

WTF, WWE? Sort your shit out :(

You guys are aware the Foley/Cena thing was supposed to be awkward right?

They "lacked chemistry together" but it seemed to do the intended task. I dunno, I thought it was pretty funny.

Rock was definitely beast mode. I thought the Punk & Show / Del Rio & Henry match was pretty good. A nice contrast of styles with a pretty awesome finish.

I literally think Rock was there to save the segment. Who would think Cena would get booed so heavily in his home AND why would they waste the initial pop for the Rock like that?

The whole thing was an awkwardly humorous bit to draw attention to The Rock really. I don't see how his pop was wasted. He came out. Got a huge pop. Not really a waste as far as I can see it. I don't really know what you mean.

They're setting up a series of pay-per-views that will have the Rock / Cena storyline involved in a way. Some directly, like survivor series. Some probably less directly. But we're getting a real build to a wrestlemania main event so I personally dont see it as a bad thing.

It seems the strategy going forward is to go into wrestlemania with something legitimately different. Boos or cheers, Cena draws. It's a very "real" (for lack of a better or more accurate term) way to see his character right now. I think WWE creative saw this with the "Summer of Punk" storyline. Cena doesn't have to be the beloved character to be a meaningful main event player.

Many people love him. Many people hate him. Either way he's as over as over gets. So I think the plan going into wrestlemania is to address the boos rather than cover them up and pretend they don't exist. "This is your life, Jon Cena" kinda tried to put that over. Whether you agree or not is up to you I guess.

The Rock is still one of the greatest draws in wrestling history so to have his fans versus Cena's fans is something a little different rather than the tradition heel vs face setup of a wrestling main event.

Why turn Cena fully heel? Why miss on the huge sales figures he still pulls? Why turn Rock fully heel and destroy the immense popularity and drawing power he'll bring to wrestlemania?

Rather than shoving out the archetypal heel versus face promos, WWE seems to want to be doing something different this year. Just two interesting characters who don't like each other and people want to see fight. I'm interested.

So, will Bryan cash in tomorrow? He's got the reason to now - he was going to wait till 'Mania but wants revenge on Henry. And because I've got too much time to think about Fantasy Booking, here's how I would do it:

Have Show / Henry early. Henry gets a hard fought win, after using a weapon after a ref bump.

Bryan cashes in - tries to lock in the LeBell Lock but Henry gets to the ropes. Bryan unleashes a flurry of kicks and goes for the pin... but Henry kicks out. Then we get the Henry domination, Bryan comeback and he just gets the pin. Give them 4 or 5 minutes.

After that match you need a cool down match, so bring on the Divas. After that Bryan can cut a promo explaining why he cashed in. He gets jumped by Henry.

In two weeks time Henry gets his rematch. Loses by DQ.

At TLC we get Show, Henry and Bryan. Bryan wins (could he be Edge's replacement as master of ladders) as Show and Henry concentrate on one another.

Between TLC and the Rumble Show gets his feud ending victory over Henry.

At Rumble Henry dominates to get back momentum, until Kane comes back (rehashing the Big Show feud will work better if it's not for the title this time).

Meanwhile, Bryan has a match that would never sell a PPV. Because the Rumble sells the PPV. He could face Barrett (if he somehow manages to win his feud with Orton), Rhodes, Miz (to play on their history, but I don't know how it would happen) or Christian. Out of them I'd like to see the Christian match.

Then it's to the Elmination Chamber, where Bryan drops the title (I'd personally want to see a face Sheamus vs a heel Orton for the title at Mania).

A three month reign for Bryan. He looks no worse than Punk or Mysterio did in their first reigns (which to be fair is no high bar to work with).

/end fantasy booking

Beats another option which is him cashing in and just losing.

at one point the NWO was moving more merch than most of the rest of the company combined. Also before WM13 when he turned, SCSA was moving loads of merchandise. Not a heel/face issue imo.

Yeah, I'm so tired of the merchandise argument. Has this ever been an issue in the past? I can't remember a time when Stone Cold, Hogan or Rock turned heel and it was like "d'oh what'd we do? his shirts don' sell" The only type of person I can see this rule apply to is an underdog like Rey Mysterio. The guy is like 5 feet tall and is limited on the mic, so ya, a heel turn would be disastrous. With Cena, the guy is your typical heavyweight, and could easily be a dick on the mic.