The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Yeah having watched his '99 WWF work semi-recently, I can confirm that Giant was still pretty green, even then. He has improved hugely as a worker since then, even if his physical skills have declined somewhat. He had a tendency to just look lost in the ring, and some of the stuff he sold for was ridiculous (X-Pac punches).

As for Jericho, he had a lot more of an adjustment to make, as he was phasing out the lucha/junior aspects of his work to settle into a less risky style. Not really the same thing as Big Show going from being a giant in WCW to a giant in WWF. It's not like he was taking back suplexes left and right in WCW.

I'm glad I left Raw on. I loved the ending quite a bit.

*EDIT*

Also, this is pretty funny

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/6984/a-surprising-wwe-release-details

Former WWE star Armando Estrada had apparently been under WWE contract for the past year and was never used. He issued the following statement tonight:

"Espérate ... Espérate ... Espérate ...

Everybody, listen to me!

I would like to take this opportunity to let everyone in the wrestling world know that on 6/27/12, I was released from my contract with WWE.

What's that you say??? OH, you didn't know (Road Dogg) I was under contract to WWE? Apparently, a lot of people (including members of creative) were not privy to that information. I have been "working" with World Wrestling Entertainment for almost 18 months. I was only used once during that time period, making a brief cameo as Tyson Kidd's manager in May of last year. I was told I did a great job and to be patient. I have been patient for quite some time now while sitting at home "waiting for the call".

It's not fun, trust me. Numerous creative ideas/scenarios were submitted during my tenure and unfortunately nothing materialized for me. And although my talents were not utilized this time around, should I decide to return to WWE in the future, I firmly believe that door will be open. Timing is everything, not just in showbiz, but in life. Thank you to everyone in WWE!

For those promoters that would like to utilize my talents, believe me when I say, I am the MOST ENTERTAINING individual to step foot into the wrestling industry in the last decade (toot-toot)! If you would like to book me for wrestling shows, autograph signings/appearances, please do so at bookarmando@yahoo.com (serious inquiries only). I will show up on time, in shape, and ready to perform for your audience.

You can also follow me on Twitter @RealArmandoHaHa. Thanks for your time....Oh yeah, 1 last thing. My name es ARMANDO ALEJANDRO ESTRRRADA and I will be making an #Impact soon.........HA-HA! "

I ws a fan of the whole AJ/Bryan/Punk thing, still am, as the Punk vs. Bryan feud is gold right now, but i swear to god that if they do all this and AJ ends up turning against Punk at MITB or doesn't "Stay with him" (let's put it this way) i will stop watching wwe for a while. Because quite frankly, there's nothing more worth watching right now. I have no interest in Cena (and he's back at the title picture of course...); no interest in watching Heath Slater looking like a bufoon every week (what a waste), no interest in watching Dolph Ziggler burried out of the ME picture, or Swagger being burried, period; and no interest in so many crap that takes place both on Raw and Smackdown. And why does Tensai still has a job? :D

Is Tyson Kidd being pushed or is it just a mini push to build up for the MITB match?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/lizardman83/b1d8e1e8-c1ef-4f25-b93b-ddc3ba7f72b6.jpg

hahaha! Now I want Jericho to scream curse words at everyone in a British accent.

"For God Sakes, Cena, come up with a more diverse moveset, f-ing hail!"

I think MITB is the first PPV I've looked forward to since Extreme Rules. It will definitely be worth watching.

WWE Champ MITB - I actually want Cena to win this so that we can either revisit Punk/Cena or start Bryan/Cena. I just had a scenario in my head where:

Cena wins MITB.

Bryan defeats Punk.

Cena cashes in right after Bryan wins.

Bryan runs away and gets counted out.

Bryan retains and Cena just wasted his MITB.

Start Bryan/Cena feud into SS. Unfortunately, Cena probably wins at SS, but at least Bryan gets a shot at having a big feud.

To me it would be a good way for the victim to counter the typical MITB cash-ins that occur at the most inconvenient times.

I have no idea how the World Heavy MITB should turn out. I like that 5/6 of them are non-WHw champions. Most likely, it will be Rhodes winning, which I'm okay with.

I don't know what other matches there are, but these three are enough to satisfy me. We'll probably get a solid tag match, and a filler diva segment.

I think MITB is the first PPV I've looked forward to since Extreme Rules. It will definitely be worth watching.

WWE Champ MITB - I actually want Cena to win this so that we can either revisit Punk/Cena or start Bryan/Cena. I just had a scenario in my head where:

Cena wins MITB.

Bryan defeats Punk.

Cena cashes in right after Bryan wins.

Bryan runs away and gets counted out.

Bryan retains and Cena just wasted his MITB.

Start Bryan/Cena feud into SS. Unfortunately, Cena probably wins at SS, but at least Bryan gets a shot at having a big feud.

To me it would be a good way for the victim to counter the typical MITB cash-ins that occur at the most inconvenient times.

I have no idea how the World Heavy MITB should turn out. I like that 5/6 of them are non-WHw champions. Most likely, it will be Rhodes winning, which I'm okay with.

I don't know what other matches there are, but these three are enough to satisfy me. We'll probably get a solid tag match, and a filler diva segment.

I don't like the RAW MITB, because none of the guys involved need the MITB to get a title shot. I get Show stepping into it, and I get Cena stepping into it, but making it ONLY for former champions kinda defeats the whole purpose of the entire thing. I agree on Cena winning, though I'd rather Miz, assuming he comes back and takes his place here. RAW MITB needs more talent. Miz and Mysterio could both help substantially.

I like the plan for Bryan to win and run, but it won't happen. Pretty sure the idea right now is for Punk to hold the belt until at least after the new belt is debuted. He REALLY wants to be the one to do so. Of course, I guess that could happen at some point along the way through that plan, but I don't see him losing it immediately after debuting the new one.

On the smackdown end, I'm gonna go with Rhodes winning, and holding onto it until the night he wins the IC title back from Christian, then cashing in to be be both IC and World champion.

Punk/Bryan/AJ on SD - Best segment of 2012 :D I love AJ the attention whore! Punk is my favourite wrestler (Bryan close behind) so I hope AJ screws Punk and Bryan wins. I don't want Punk to drop the belt to anyone but Bryan.

Ryback finally got a decent opponent and still made it look easy.

Lol thought it was a useless segment as nothing really happened but different strokes.

Overall a decent show as there was stuff happening and progression here and there but this should be the bottom line imho. Hope they keep and amp it up.

Nothing happened to make you think she will side with one guy or the other. Which is pretty much the way every segment will (and should go).

Nice to see Cody and Ziggler in MITB it means one of the two (Zig) will win it. Ryder also gets retribution on Kane to end the show.

One thing though:

Eve kisses Cena after not showing affection towards Ryder = Hoeski

AJ Kissing Kane, Punk, and Bryan seemingly every week = ok?

Eve kisses Cena after not showing affection towards Ryder = Hoeski

AJ Kissing Kane, Punk, and Bryan seemingly every week = ok?

Eve was doing it because she was a hoeski (and she did show affection to Ryder when he looked to be on the up) / it was for personal gain, AJ is mentally unstable... at least I think that's the difference, WWE have never been particularly consistent with these things.

Well technically he's still married but thats semantics.

Secondly Cena being married had no basis in the storyline or in the representation of her being a "hoeski" because Cena has no marital status in the WWE "Universe". I'm not aware of them mentioning Cena being married and if they have its a one off here or there and certainly wasn't a centralized part of Eve's story and again has basis in the Eve being a hoeski perspective.

Well technically he's still married but thats semantics.

Secondly Cena being married had no basis in the storyline or in the representation of her being a "hoeski" because Cena has no marital status in the WWE "Universe". I'm not aware of them mentioning Cena being married and if they have its a one off here or there and certainly wasn't a centralized part of Eve's story and again has basis in the Eve being a hoeski perspective.

The Rock called him out on it specifically in regards to his "fling" with Eve, as part of what was billed as the biggest feud in years.

The Rock called him out on it specifically in regards to his "fling" with Eve, as part of what was billed as the biggest feud in years.

That wasn't really universe acknowledgement, it was a comment that most people forgot a minute after it was made as it was crammed in with everything else. The standard kid has no idea that Cena has a wife.

Punk/Bryan/AJ on SD - Best segment of 2012 :D I love AJ the attention whore! Punk is my favourite wrestler (Bryan close behind) so I hope AJ screws Punk and Bryan wins. I don't want Punk to drop the belt to anyone but Bryan.

Ryback finally got a decent opponent and still made it look easy.

I'd second that segment of 2012 almost along with AJ ending that table break on RAW. I don't know where they're going with Punk/Bryan/AJ but I'm loving every minute of it! I am now hoping Bryan wins the title at MITB even though in another way I don't care who wins because it'll be awesome with AJ as special ref.

Also, not a fan of that dumb battle royal and Ryder winning. Although, he got a great pop. Alex Riley and Dolph Ziggler have chemistry and I loved how Riley sold the Zig Zag. I really hope they have more matches against each other.

I think whenever WWE does a theme-based Smackdown it's almost like a throwaway show since they know viewership will be down.

Definitely digging AJ right now. It's actually been built over a long time slowly and is one of the few successful long-term angles in awhile. Is it "Summer of Punk" and the NXT angle? No. But it's led to Bryan and Punk working together on TV and PPVs ALL THE TIME which is friggin amazing for me personally.

Heath Slater is making me giggle with his silliness.

More angles with Alecia Fox in bikinis and Eve getting doused with fluids while wearing sheer white outfits please? Yes?

Definitely digging AJ right now. It's actually been built over a long time slowly and is one of the few successful long-term angles in awhile. Is it "Summer of Punk" and the NXT angle? No. But it's led to Bryan and Punk working together on TV and PPVs ALL THE TIME which is friggin amazing for me personally.

Heath Slater is making me giggle with his silliness.

More angles with Alecia Fox in bikinis and Eve getting doused with fluids while wearing sheer white outfits please? Yes?

Pretty much agree with all of this, and the AJ element of Bryan/Punk is pretty much the only reason the feud hasn't bombed. Both are amazing in the ring, but knowing the McMahon system of booking, this would've been god awful without her in there to spice things up a bit and keep people guessing.

Slater's great. The guy'll never be more than a mid card act, but more mid card acts are sorely needed, especially if we ever want some of the current mid carders to be able to move on.

Ryder needs to acknowledge his twitter following on the show, and interact with them. That'd increase his following as people try and get mentioned on actual RAW and Smackdown, instead of just on his stupid little internet show. Right now, he does nothing at all on the actual shows, because he has nothing to do.

Been saying that since he first popped up and most people laughed at me. The fact they throw him in the ring with the likes of Vader and Sid just goes to show that they recognize his ability to make others look good.

Always hoped he'd get Matt's spot, since he came in about the time Matt was on his way out to go be an absolute joke in TNA. Slater's never gonna be a huge draw, but the man's gold when it comes to annoying fans, and I've yet to see someone in the ring with him that didn't come out looking strong.

If the RAW MITB match wasn't for champions only (Worst idea, ever), Slater would've been one of the guys I'd have in there. Right now there's no one in that match to be weak and give everyone else some strong offense. Slater would've been the perfect guy to get tossed around by Cena, Show, and Kane. It hurts him none, and I think he'd be the type to take some solid bumps for the sake of the match.

Of course, I'm also the guy that would've booked Ryder to win the MITB match this year, cash in after a Punk defense because the fans won't stop chanting Woo Woo Woo, with him being nervous about it still, and managing to be the first to lose. Could flip out, blame the fans for him losing his shot, and go on to be a decent heel. How many decent heels does WWE have? Bryan, and Show? Is Kane even a heel anymore? Ziggles is floundering. Del Rio's a bore. Need to spice things up some.

I'm going to agree with Arrows about the MITB match. The whole appeal to it was that there could be someone cashing it in to win, that never has before. I mean, sure other's have been in there that has had the championship before, but making it a stipulation takes away from the whole match. Just not a fan of that decision.

However, if next year they reverse it, and have only those that never have had a Main Event title able to get into it, that might lead to something.

I'm going to agree with Arrows about the MITB match. The whole appeal to it was that there could be someone cashing it in to win, that never has before. I mean, sure other's have been in there that has had the championship before, but making it a stipulation takes away from the whole match. Just not a fan of that decision.

However, if next year they reverse it, and have only those that never have had a Main Event title able to get into it, that might lead to something.

I can even see the value in one of each.

But Smackdown can't be the lesser one, every time. People already don't care about the world title. It's MITB being devalued helps, none.