The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

2 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

You know, when you're on a different network than usual, a surprise return might be the kind of thing you'd want to advertise a little bit ahead of time.

You're kind of grasping at straws right here my dude lol the surprise is half the deal

Edited by Dawn

I missed approximately the first hour of Smackdown, tuning in just in time for the... ugh... Ronda Rousey segment. However, thanks to social media, I did get to see the highlights of the Bloodline segment. And MY GOD, seeing Jey and Roman finally lose it was GLORIOUS. And while some might think "Oh, no, they broke kayfabe", I think this adds a needed bit of depth and emotion. When the turn finally comes, it will be all the more heartwrenching a betrayal.

3 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

There were chants of "We Want Sami" in Saudi Arabia. What a time to be alive.

Not sure on the context but even Reigns mentioned something at the presser along the lines of "The way you are acting you don't deserve Sami!"

Edited by CQI13

I'm playing catch up and watching Crown Jewel and man, the video packages hyping the matches are so well done these days. I try to watch both Raw and Smackdown every week, but my time is limited so I fast forward some segments and these videos really get me into the match. 

I could also watch/listen to Bray read the phone book. He's so captivating when he speaks. I love that he acknowledged his Dad and uncle too. I loved Barry Windham and Rotundo was always a good hand. I hope him bringing up his family leads to Bo Dallas returning. I know that's unlikely, but I miss Bo.

8 minutes ago, Dawn said:

It was awful from the onset though.

The crowd was awful from the onset yes, but three hours is still too long for a weekly wrestling show. Everything on the show seems long for the sake of filling time, not telling a story. Smackdown is far from perfect, but I just don't enjoy Raw nearly as much. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

The crowd was awful from the onset yes, but three hours is still too long for a weekly wrestling show. Everything on the show seems long for the sake of filling time, not telling a story. Smackdown is far from perfect, but I just don't enjoy Raw nearly as much. 

I do agree with that. I have to say since HHH took over Raw has flown better but it's still too much, not because of the content in the actual show but the obnoxious amount of commercials that cut the matches in half or in thirds. SmackDown flows perfectly for me, no complaints at all. If HHH could make an hour of Raw focused on cruiserweights or something specific akin to the WarZone I think that would be the best usage of the extra hour as a non-casual viewer, though I doubt it'd translate well in ratings for casuals who are the audience the WWE still caters to the most (even with HHH doing a pretty good job of throwing us bones nowadays).

Edited by Dawn

1 hour ago, Jaysin said:

Maybe on the next TV deal that can be rectified, but it's doubtful. Unless they decide to take less money from the network, but they don't seem to be in the business of that.

Raw was much better than usual this week. 

The new Austin Theory is wonderful and a much better character for him. He and Dolph tore it down despite the non-finish.

Dom is really growing into his heel persona as well. 

Looks like Tozawa might be getting better treatment going forward. At least I hope so. He's too talented to be a comedy character.

I hope JBL starts building a stable. Maybe repackage Mace and Mansoor as the tag team part of his stable?

More stables please.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2022 at 11:01 AM, Jaysin said:

WWE has been doing quite a bit right lately, but man, I could not care less about their women's division on either Raw or Smackdown. 

So is Zelina going to turn on Legado del Fantasma to rejoin Andrade when he returns?

I like the idea of Rousey and Bazler together. Feel like they could be good holding the tag belts while rousey hold the world belt. Then she can be double booked on a show and lose it to have an excuse. 

Becky coming back will add some interest in the raw division. The damage ctrl stuff has been terrible. Bailey is a great heel but Kai and Sky have no microphone skills I’ve seen. Plus since returning Bailey has been a perennial loser. The booking of both divisions have adequate at best.