The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

The show had a fantastic start. Everything with the Bloodline was gold. It all went downhill from there.

They set up a cage for that? Seriously? Advertising a match and then not delivering as advertised... How unprofessional.

The other women's match wasn't much better. They're having Sonya feud with Charlotte, so she needs to be established as a credible threat. So, they have her LOSE to Bianca Belair. *face palm*

The DX stuff went on a little too long, but it had it's moments. A lot to go through to set up a 6-man tag that wasn't terribly interesting in the first place.

Finally got to sit down and watch Raw is XXX (thanks to my good friends at Hulu).

Some things referenced that didn't make their edit.

Loved the Bloodline and DX segments. The self-referential stuff from HHH ("This booking thing ain't easy!") gave me a solid chuckle, as did every member of DX stepping up to Gunther only to give some variation on "can't do it". When Trips started that little bit, I legit laughed out loud.

The six-man was fun. It wasn't great grappling or a mat classic, but it was fun.

Usos-JD was excellent. It really should have been the main event (although I get completely why it wasn't...or rather why Theory-Lashley was). The insertion of Sami was a nice nod to all of us who immediately went, "Ohhhhh, so this is how they take it to the next step: Sami gets pinned to lose the Raw Tag titles," only to swerve us with a really well-put-together psychological match.

Becky-Bayley....what can I say?

Theory-Lashley just didn't feel like a main event match until the very end when Brock arrived. I'm interested to see where that goes from there. I'm sure it'll end up in a rubber match at Mania (I think that's rather obviously the plan), but I look forward to seeing the story they tell getting there.

Overall, it was just an enjoyable episode of Raw.

St.T

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, St. Templar said:

it was those segments that they tuned in for.

Really? Because Becky versus Bayley was one of the highly advertised matches. And as the WWE themselves have told us, not delivering an advertised match is the worst, most unprofessional thing you can do!

Edited by Matt_Black

5 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

Yeah me too, I think it fits perfectly 

Zayn and Owens vs Usos

Reigns vs Rhodes

I also think this is the most likely scenario, but man, can you imagine the pop? The pop he would get when he hits the helluva kick and pins Reigns?

4 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

Zayn and Owens would have been fine 6 months ago, maybe even 3 months ago. But now? The story deserves nothing less than Sami versus Roman as the climax.

I don’t I see the seeds being planted for the tag team match now. Somehow Jey will feel slighted or something and those are the two closest to each other. I can see that being the Avenue they’re going down. 

I can also see them having Reigns retain at mania though but I’m not sure. But if it was Zayn vs Reigns, Zayn is not winning. He’d have to lose the first time they face I feel. Plus he’d have no where to go as champion the fans would feel satisfied and would start getting bored with him. 

Sami is the most over babyface in the company, but after tonight he'll be the most over babyface on SmackDown (he's fighting that out with Bray, who I think will actually get a boost by getting screwed out of a victory over LA Knight after Uncle Howdy shows up to let Knight win) while Cody will likely be the most over babyface on Raw.

I can see a Cody Rumble win, followed by Cody saying essentially that he wants the WWE title (probably when "Wise Man" Heyman points out that the Rumble win doesn't give the winner the right to challenge for the undisputed title...a play a lot of people suggested for an MITB cash-in not granting a shot at both titles).

I do see the Reigns vs. Sami match at Elimination Chamber being for the titles, but Solo or Jey or Jimmy costing Sami the win and KO showing up to make the save, leading to KO and Sami vs. The Usos for the SmackDown Tag Titles (since we're now acknowledging openly that these titles don't have to be defended together all the time...maybe KO or a Sami screw-up costing the Usos the Raw Tag Titles along the way?).

I don't know how much of a letdown that would be for a lot of fans, to be honest with you. It wouldn't be a letdown for me.

St.T

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, St. Templar said:

Curtis Axel...still in the Rumble.

St.T

More like macho man in 91 than Axel. 

As far as the show itself very underwhelming all around. They need to retire people lasting 50 minutes plus, and the person who started being there at the end of the rumble. It’s not impressive anymore when it happens and it happened again twice in the same year. The pitch black match was ok for what it was but my god was the womens title match was abysmal. I thought the women’s rumble was the better rumble but both were pretty forgettable. The only real highlight was the epic ness of the main event angle after a decent match. My god that pop when Zayn used the chair I think I heard nearly 1,000 miles away.