The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I really enjoyed the show!

The main event was great, in my opinion. I understand that some people thought it went on too long or that it was overbooked, but it worked for me. I knew there was no way Sami was going to win and yet, I still believed! Almost felt like a kid, again. :D

The men's chamber was fantastic! All 6 men delivered! The women's chamber was really well done, too.

I even liked Edge/Beth vs Balor/Ripley, but I don't think this is the end. It doesn't really make sense to me that a close to retirement Edge walks out the winner of the feud, although a lot of his run hasn't really worked, for me personally. 

Brock vs Lashley was just what I expected from these two, but I wonder how Bray Wyatt will play into this? I am guessing, they'll have the no holds barred rematch at Mania, but does it mean Bray just sits there and waits for the winner of that match, in order to finally make a move? Was this Brock's way of not losing clean and avoiding a feud with Bray? 

Thought the show was a lot of fun.

I figure this means we're getting Edge putting over Balor at Mania. That seems to be the logical finish for this feud.

Austin Theory as the swaggering heel U.S. Champion has completely won me over. I love the "forever champion" idea far more than the "I'm a good-looking guy taking a selfie while making a duck face" character. He's really getting to the point where the audience is ready to see him get his ass kicked, and I hope it's Montez that does it.

I don't know if Bianca is ready for Asuka.

Brock vs. Lashley...I'm guessing this was just a way not to get a definitive finish to their feud, so we get a rematch at Mania in a No Holds Barred match?

And the main event: Excellent work from both guys. I love where this story is going, and I figure this means Steenerico...er...OwenZayn (?) gets the tag titles at Mania, making Owens a Grand Slam Champion and setting Sami up to be one when he cashes in MITB to become a world champion later this year.

I am seriously looking forward to seeing how all of this plays heading into Mania.

St.T

• Like 2

I enjoy Michael Cole with Wade personally, but his team with Pat is awesome imo. They have ridiculous chemistry together and you can tell they're actually having fun.

Coach was terrible tho. I don't think he ever had a single night of half-decent commentary in the pro wrestling world. He was a decent talker and interviewer, but he was change the channel bad to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaysin said:

I enjoy Michael Cole with Wade personally, but his team with Pat is awesome imo. They have ridiculous chemistry together and you can tell they're actually having fun.

Coach was terrible tho. I don't think he ever had a single night of half-decent commentary in the pro wrestling world. He was a decent talker and interviewer, but he was change the channel bad to me. 

McAfee was the best color man in a long time. Best since Lawler in the old days.

11 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

All the commentators in WWE aren’t good. Sad they lost the top commentator post-JR in Mauro Ranallo.

Mauro is kind of overrated honestly, I didn't mind Josh Mathews and Tom Phillips, wish WWE had kept at it with one of the two.

On 2/8/2023 at 12:41 PM, Jaysin said:

What if we get Brood Edge vs Demon King Finn Balor at Mania? The entrances alone would be rad.

Really enjoyed Elimination Chamber, and I know I am in the minority...but Edge is an instant FF for me. He is in the Punk camp for me - he just looks...old. infinitely better with the short hair, but still old.

14 minutes ago, CQI13 said:

Really enjoyed Elimination Chamber, and I know I am in the minority...but Edge is an instant FF for me. He is in the Punk camp for me - he just looks...old. infinitely better with the short hair, but still old.

That's fair. Appearance is a big deal in pro wrestling. Edge definitely looks his age, but he moves great. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

That's fair. Appearance is a big deal in pro wrestling. Edge definitely looks his age, but he moves great. 

Yeah, I can see why he has the fans. I was also the guy who couldn't stand Bray's meandering promos that meant nothing and went nowhere for 10 minutes but have certainly come around on him! If only Edge didn't use the spear as a finisher (Charlotte, too for that matter) maybe I could get into his run this time around. Like said here, I have also heard it elsewhere - it has hit that point where it's meh.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Self said:

I watched a highlight package of Elimination Chamber, and there were so many spears. Far too many for me to respect it as a finish. Most of them looked pretty gentle. 

I remember there was a WhatCulture video about the worst finishers (not Simon Miller doing it, the guy with glasses), and he described Edge's spear along the lines of "Edge tenderly embraces his opponent and gently lowers him to the ground."