The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

It was a pretty weird segment to go out on alright.

Also Hyde Hill, check out http://www.youtube.com/user/ROHBrazil for all your convincing needs. Wrestlings sites are rated the main event of the last episode of RoH on HDnet 4 and half stars or there about, plus much more including Daivari cutting loose on the mic in a big way and the Steen/Generico fued continued.

Yeah knew about that user and the ratings etc they get and have seen ROH of and on for some time, just not seriously following. Could be because I really really dislike the commentating team, both of em and that coming from someone who could tolerate face Don West. Still thanks for the info guys.

I just don't like Prazak. Something about his voice, I'm not sure.

If it were someone else saying the same words I'd probably like it more -- though, his like, half-heel character has me confused. Guess I'm not cult enough yet.

I am so confused by this segment. What does all of this mean?

For a second I thought they were making Sting the internet yappers voice complaining about Hogan being the focus. Then Hogan made it about him. Then Sting turned face? Then Hogan protected him?

WHAT IS GOING ON!?

That was the worst final segment TNA's had on Monday Nights. At least they saved the worst for last.

Always one of the fault's in TNA not finding the fine line between supsense and confusion. Although sometimes they get criticized unduly for it.

I am so confused by this segment. What does all of this mean?

WHAT IS GOING ON!?

That was the worst final segment TNA's had on Monday Nights. At least they saved the worst for last.

Well lemme tell ya something brother, Hulk Hogan has his finger on the pulse of the wrestling fan, dude. He and all of his AARP-a-maniacs are taking over TNA, brother. They're drinking their prune juice, activating the Medic Alert bracelets, and watching Wheel of Fortune, man. So whatcha gonna do, brother, when Hulk Hogan and the rest of the Over The Hill crew limps mild on youuuuuuu?!

Its almost like their giving up, almost like whatever fire they had is gone. This was BY FAR the worst Impact since they moved to Monday nights. I tuned in to watch Wolfe vs. RVD and Wolfe got in what a handful of moves at best. Anyway I like how they just ran something across the screen so they wouldn't have to say it out loud on the show about the move back to Thursdays.

Best part of the night was Anderson.

It's downright scary how accurate Final Countdown's prediction was.

Not as scary as the fact that he's gone from putting on MOTYCs with Kurt Angle to looking like less of a threat than Daniel friggin' Bryan.

Yeah, I'd accuse him of being one of the writers, but that's just too low of an insult.

Thank you for refraining from that vicious assault on my dignity. :eek:

I have to admit lethals flair was GREAT

It really was. He had his mannerisms and speech patterns down perfectly. And I loved the knee drop on the jacket.

curious to see how the move to thursdays affects things.....

now that they aren't head to head, will we see less of the older crowd that everyone is complaining about? (thinking it is a slim possiblility as they seem to be essentailly name dropping to prove they are cool)

Also interested to see if they will have a monday or friday replay to still go head to head with a WWE product.

Its almost like their giving up, almost like whatever fire they had is gone. This was BY FAR the worst Impact since they moved to Monday nights. I tuned in to watch Wolfe vs. RVD and Wolfe got in what a handful of moves at best. Anyway I like how they just ran something across the screen so they wouldn't have to say it out loud on the show about the move back to Thursdays.

Best part of the night was Anderson.

This match was a HUGE letdown. Easily two of the best in-ring workers in the company, and it was what... a five minutes snoozer? It's like they were told not to try and they spent not NEARLY enough time on the match. Feels like they went "yup, here you go fans, the match you wanted! But guess what... we aren't giving ANY time or effort to it! HAH, suck it fans!"

And on the other point, I'm going to go ahead and say it now: Mr. Anderson is THE best heel in the business today. I think the WWE overreacted in outright releasing him, as he very well could be the top heel in the WWE right now. Honestly, I would LOVE to see him feud with John Cena. Built right, it could be epic.

Right now, he IS the reason I watch TNA. Wolfe, RVD, Jeff Hardy (who actually wasn't horrid on the microphone tonight, I must say), AJ Styles, Matt Morgan... these guys are gravy to me right now. Can't say I particularly care about Hall, Nash, Hogan, Flair, ect... But Anderson is THE man, and is almost enough for me to forgive TNA for letting Scott Steiner go. Sure Scott Steiner is pushing 50 and is virtually incapable of putting on a solid match anymore, but my GOD is he amusing...

Well, so is Anderson. All he needs is a few faces to feud with of relative awesomeness and for TNA to stop doing moronic ****, and it could be huge. If they don't, I implore the WWE to bring Anderson in and give him the push to the very top like he deserves.

I think anderson is a risk to be honest. He is great on the mic no question....he is not bad in the ring and with the right person can put on a good match. BUT his health has been an issue....AND he does have a bit of a "big head". He is not well liked in the locker room from what i understand. I mean that is not huge coughHHHcough.......but i don't think he has the main event "it factor". He is a solid mid/ upper mid level guy....just not main event. Not yet alteast.........although i said the same thing about the pope.......and i was wrong about that.

I disagree who in TNA is more of a "main event" heel than Anderson right now? AJ is a joke, they've killed Wolfe off, who has more of an "it" main event feel in TNA right now than Anderson? His A hole promo was classic, he followed that up with a great promo with Pope last week.

The guys promos are on fire, he's capable of putting on great matches with guys like Angle who easily had MOTY at the last ppv.

Also its a lot easier to stay healthy working a few weeks out of the month rather than all but a few days out of the month. His schedule has been cut back, he's not rushing to rehab an injury to get his spot back like he was in the E.

That being said Orton and him have some bad blood and I doubt Anderson is blowing them away enough for them to bring him back and put up with Orton having a spaz attack.

the only person I would argue over anderson at this point would be Morgan because of the circumstances he's successfully defended the tag titles in (granted he caused the circumastances). And I'm still not getting the whole 'we' thing

Anyway, a question on EB's new and innovative rating system..... didn't TNA use the same system in the early days of impact on FSN (and possibly before that - I didn't follow until they were on fsn)

Edited to add that if I'm WWE right now, I'eve heard Smackdown is going to syfy..... I'd ask to move it to impacts time slot. That could be a definitive blow.

TNA had rating of 0.78. I believe a high 0.90 first hour, then followed by 0.66 second hour.

0.92 Lethal and Flair talk in the ring, they brawl, Beer Money/Wolfe/Styles/Abyss/Team 3D come to the ring and brawl, A couple brief talks in the limo for Hogan/Bischoff .

0.90 RVD and Hogan come to the ring for the brawl, Hogan announces matches for the show.

0.93 The Beautiful People talk backstage, Williams/Kendrick vs Moore/Neal, Joe comes out and attacks Kendrick.

0.87 Flair talks to Beer Money/Styles/Wolfe backstage, Hogan talks backstage, Mr. Anderson attacks Pope backstage, Anderson talks in the ring.

0.66 Hardy comes to the ring to confront Anderson, The Beautiful People vs Tara/Wilde/Sarita.

0.56 Tara interview backstage, Team 3D vs Beer Money vs Motor City Machine Guns, Hall and Nash come to the ring and attack, Young comes to the ring.

0.66 Orlando Jordan O-Zone segment, Rob Terry comes out, Jordan attacks Terry, Styles vs Abyss, Flair and Chelsea come to the ring to celebrate.

0.77 Wolfe vs RVD, Jarrett shown on the ground backstage, Hogan calls out Sting and Sting comes to the ring and they talk, Jarrett comes to the ring and attacks Sting.

I never thought much of Kennedy/Anderson when he was in WWE, but he's quickly become maybe the most interesting guy in TNA.

Let's be honest though. Besides Pope, it's not like he has competition for 'most interesting' in TNA. If you put a rose in the middle of a cowpie, it makes the rose look all the more impressive.

Note, I'm not saying Anderson isn't performing his ass off. What I'm saying is, I'd be more impressed if he was outshining everyone at a high point rather than this rock bottom point. I have to give Jay Lethal props too. Since he's started appearing regularly again, he's been really good too (with the 'I'm stuck in the past' Macho Man schtick). Calling Abyss Andre the Giant and referencing the Mega Bucks was a hoot and that Flair promo was ridiculous.

I think if they had more Anderson, Pope, and Lethal (and maybe Morgan) and less Hogan and Flair, the show would be more entertaining. Of course, then they'd flub everything up by booking matches people actually WANT to see to go 5 minutes or some crap. Yeah, RVD-Wolfe could be a PPV main event if built right....but this one wasn't built right.

I loved the Flair impersonation by Lethal. Awesome segment that turned to crap. He looked weak in begging off a 90-year old Flair, then handing back the "ring of power" that was such a big deal the week before. Then the whole thing culminates in Hulk Hogan saving the day. I would be a lot more comfortable with the Hogan era of TNA if the whole thing wasn't coming across like a giant Hogan ego stroke.

Let's be honest though. Besides Pope, it's not like he has competition for 'most interesting' in TNA. If you put a rose in the middle of a cowpie, it makes the rose look all the more impressive.

Note, I'm not saying Anderson isn't performing his ass off. What I'm saying is, I'd be more impressed if he was outshining everyone at a high point rather than this rock bottom point. I have to give Jay Lethal props too. Since he's started appearing regularly again, he's been really good too (with the 'I'm stuck in the past' Macho Man schtick). Calling Abyss Andre the Giant and referencing the Mega Bucks was a hoot and that Flair promo was ridiculous.

I think if they had more Anderson, Pope, and Lethal (and maybe Morgan) and less Hogan and Flair, the show would be more entertaining. Of course, then they'd flub everything up by booking matches people actually WANT to see to go 5 minutes or some crap. Yeah, RVD-Wolfe could be a PPV main event if built right....but this one wasn't built right.

I agree on, well... all points.

That said, I still think I'd mark just as heavily for Anderson if he was doing what he's doing in WWE instead as I mark for him now. I watch both companies, and can say with honesty he's the best part of either at the moment in my book.

But him, Pope, Lethal, and Morgan ALL deserve more time. Matt Morgan is a rare exception in being a big man who not only has a FANTASTIC look, but can work the microphone AND wrestle better than the majority of men his size. His "I'm both tag champs!" thing is awesome, too.

Also: they need to stop treating Desmond Wolfe like "Kane UK". He's far too talented to be a jobber to the stars, and I can't help but think politics are responsible. TNA KNOWS the fans want to see him at the top, but I doubt all the old folks who have been the "face of the business" for the last few decades (I'm looking at you, Nash n' Co.) would be pleased to have some guy from that "silly little ROH indie company" get pushed ahead of them instantly. Just a theory. Doesn't change the fact he's gold both on the mic and in the ring, and him and RVD should've been given 12 minutes minimum to work their match.

For every great thing TNA has, they make atleast two stupid decisions. I WANT to like them, I really do... but lord they try just as hard to make sure I never do. Again, right now I watch for Mr. Anderson.

Oh, and I need to eat some crow here... Jeff Hardy was actually good on the microphone this week. No, seriously. I enjoyed his promo, and not just because Anderson was out their. He legitimately showed some energy in it, and I hope he can keep it up in the future.

TNA had rating of 0.78. I believe a high 0.90 first hour, then followed by 0.66 second hour.

0.92 Lethal and Flair talk in the ring, they brawl, Beer Money/Wolfe/Styles/Abyss/Team 3D come to the ring and brawl, A couple brief talks in the limo for Hogan/Bischoff .

0.90 RVD and Hogan come to the ring for the brawl, Hogan announces matches for the show.

0.93 The Beautiful People talk backstage, Williams/Kendrick vs Moore/Neal, Joe comes out and attacks Kendrick.

0.87 Flair talks to Beer Money/Styles/Wolfe backstage, Hogan talks backstage, Mr. Anderson attacks Pope backstage, Anderson talks in the ring.

0.66 Hardy comes to the ring to confront Anderson, The Beautiful People vs Tara/Wilde/Sarita.

0.56 Tara interview backstage, Team 3D vs Beer Money vs Motor City Machine Guns, Hall and Nash come to the ring and attack, Young comes to the ring.

0.66 Orlando Jordan O-Zone segment, Rob Terry comes out, Jordan attacks Terry, Styles vs Abyss, Flair and Chelsea come to the ring to celebrate.

0.77 Wolfe vs RVD, Jarrett shown on the ground backstage, Hogan calls out Sting and Sting comes to the ring and they talk, Jarrett comes to the ring and attacks Sting.

Reading that I would say matches are ratings, Hogan and the band lose em.