The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Face Abyss is unbearable. Heel Abyss is very good at what he does. He isn't on the level of a Kane or Undertaker. But for a monster heel he does it well.

Actually I thought that face Abyss was pretty good during the pre-Hogan era of TNA. But once Hogan came in he pretty much ruined face Abyss's character with the whole Hall of Fame ring storyline IMO.

No offense but you thought John Cena was really retiring I don't think you could call yourself a "smark".

You're understand wrestling is fake but that doesn't make you a smark.

Oh come on lets not start this again here as well. And yeah I like Abyss as well. Not ring Abyss but in general I like him. He gets way too much flack from the IWC imho. Kinda to be expected when Hogan calls you his Cena though, automatic backlash.

Oh come on lets not start this again here as well. And yeah I like Abyss as well. Not ring Abyss but in general I like him. He gets way too much flack from the IWC imho. Kinda to be expected when Hogan calls you his Cena though, automatic backlash.

I've disliked Abyss for longer than that, but yeah, the actual hatred begun when Abyss started blubbering to 'Mr Hulk' and kissing his ring. An awful, awful character. Perfectly acceptable wrestling, but I find him utterly unlikeable in every single way.

Hey, am I the only smark on the internet that actually likes Abyss? :p

No offense but you thought John Cena was really retiring I don't think you could call yourself a "smark".

You're understand wrestling is fake but that doesn't make you a smark.

I lol'd and I'd agreewith Stennick's assessment

I wouldn't say a dap is a black thing. I've known of it for awhile and I am white. It's basically giving someone props.

Saying "it's a black thing" doesn't ever mean ONLY black people know about it. It's just that it's something that started within the black community, like most urban trends. (ironically enough, exactly like the phrase "giving props")

Yeah I pound it/give daps to my my eight year old brother and I'm white. WC just happens to be whiter than Bunny Bread I'm assuming :D

I've never heard of it before! :p Oh well, I guess you learn something new every day. Anyways, Raven is one of my favorite wrestlers, but yet I'm glad that he isn't in TNA anymore. Why? Because IMO Raven just isn't Raven anymore. He can't wrestle as well in the ring nowadays IMO, and TNA hasn't really let his character shine lately.

Was watching last week's episode of Reaction and Hogan's comments on there are baffling. He brings up Kayfabe and than says it doesn't matter how many fake belts you win. Even though people know its fake, they still care about the belts if they're made to look good. But how can anyone give a damn if come out and say you shouldn't care. What the hecks the point of even watching than if you don't care atleast a little bit about the wrestlers chasing after championship belts?

Comments like that are definately a huge turn off to the wrestling thing, especially if the comments are made on your wrestling TV show. Dumb move by TNA imo.

Was watching last week's episode of Reaction and Hogan's comments on there are baffling. He brings up Kayfabe and than says it doesn't matter how many fake belts you win. Even though people know its fake, they still care about the belts if they're made to look good. But how can anyone give a damn if come out and say you shouldn't care. What the hecks the point of even watching than if you don't care atleast a little bit about the wrestlers chasing after championship belts?

Comments like that are definately a huge turn off to the wrestling thing, especially if the comments are made on your wrestling TV show. Dumb move by TNA imo.

I'm having a hard time here.... At what point did Hogan speak, and where do you chime in on your thoughts, or is the whole thing bassically Hogan Talking till the second paragraph?

Kevin Nash posted the following on Twitter, but then removed it after getting some backlash from fans:

"I promise I will not be back in the WWE. they think young sells .I've watched Grand Torino 15 times. bad ass sells not Mens fitness in trunks. WWE told the world that there s*** is a work with the Miz as champ. Going to bed WWE is a buzz kill. HHH, Taker get well!”

I'm having a hard time here.... At what point did Hogan speak, and where do you chime in on your thoughts, or is the whole thing bassically Hogan Talking till the second paragraph?

Oops. Sorry man. Shoulda put it up like the following...

Was watching last week's episode of Reaction and Hogan's comments on there are baffling. He brings up Kayfabe and than says it doesn't matter how many fake belts you win.

Even though people know its fake, they still care about the belts if they're made to look good. But how can anyone give a damn if come out and say you shouldn't care. What the hecks the point of even watching than if you don't care atleast a little bit about the wrestlers chasing after championship belts?

Only the first couple of sentences are what Hogan said. The rest is my take.

On a side note, the Machine Gun/ Gen Me brawl thing was great.

Kevin Nash posted the following on Twitter, but then removed it after getting some backlash from fans:

"I promise I will not be back in the WWE. they think young sells .I've watched Grand Torino 15 times. bad ass sells not Mens fitness in trunks. WWE told the world that there s*** is a work with the Miz as champ. Going to bed WWE is a buzz kill. HHH, Taker get well!”

Told the whole world it's a work.

Kevin Nash- It's still real to him, damnit!

And yea KEvin, young and talented does sell over to old to be interesting. TNA's finding that out the hard way. they've sure seen alot of improvement ratings wise for sinking a ton of cash in the old guard eh?

At least his firing shows they might be working in the right direction