The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

So I randomly discovered that Impact and all the TNA PPV's are available 'on demand' on my TV. Watched the most recent Impact and thought the ending, with Abyss falling down with that spiky thing in his back was very cool.

So then your man comes out and says "They're coming"...did 'They' already come? Is this another 'They'? Surely they can't be doing the same thing again so soon?

So I randomly discovered that Impact and all the TNA PPV's are available 'on demand' on my TV. Watched the most recent Impact and thought the ending, with Abyss falling down with that spiky thing in his back was very cool.

So then your man comes out and says "They're coming"...did 'They' already come? Is this another 'They'? Surely they can't be doing the same thing again so soon?

Abyss got backstabbed?!?

Them dang evil people.

Its a new "They" coming to take out the original "They". So basically They are trying to take out They.

Got it :p

Hey man as long as they handle "them" like they did EV2 I wouldn't mind it at all. Hell I'd do it again and again. If this is an idea of how TNA will be utilizing the nostalgia factor from here on out, I wouldn't mind it at all. This is of course assuming this feud is over by Lockdown. If they try to stretch it any longer than that I'll be hopping the fence and joining you in hatersville.

If the rumored "they" turns out to be true, I may delete Impact from my DVR schedule. I have absolutely no interest in seeing that. Seriously, I don't even have the words to express how horrible an idea I think this is.

Is that not a bit hasty? Wouldn't you at least give it a chance?

Anyway [spoilers Below]

Could they not do a 'new' version of the Main Event Mafia? Anderson, Morgan, RVD, AJ etc? Are they all "Main Event" or not? It'll probably be the original MEM, though. Can't see I'm that against it but then again, I can't say it's the greatest idea.

TNA will now air on Challenge TV from February:

Challenge can be found on Freeview Channel 46 from February 1, Sky Channel 125 and Virgin Media Channel 139.

No doubt Challenge will only be freeview in certain corners of the country (i.e. in London), but I've always thought that TNA's best bet of getting viewers in the UK was to get it off Bravo and onto something that would promote it well (Sky, which would never happen) or something a lot of people could watch (freeview/terrestrial). I probably won't be watching it but still... :p

Is that not a bit hasty? Wouldn't you at least give it a chance?

If they were used the way Slagaholic suggests, I'd be on board with that. But I don't expect that to be the case. If Immortal has a back-and-forth feud with those guys, I think it does nothing for TNA, short or long term...unless the "They" is set up the way 20LEgend speculates in his spoiler. But, again, I don't expect it to go that way.

Nothing personal guys, but how is it a SPOILER to post unverified rumors? SPOILERS are for things like TV tapings where stuff has actualy happened, but maybe hasn't been seen on TV yet. I'm not whiting out possible storyline scenarios and rumors. That's silly. If that was the case every item posted before the Hogan debut would've been whited out.

In any case: from a strictly storyline standpoint, the MEM makes sense. Angle is outnumbered by JJ and Legacy/Fourtune, so he brings back Nash & Sting (who already have beef with Bischoff & Co) and Steiner/Booker (to even things up)

After that though, the problem becomes that you end up with this monster group feud made up of a lot of the much older members of the roster AND in a weird twist the 'good guys' would be the ex WCW and WWE guys that TNA smarks like to complain about

I mean..the pay off PPV line up would be something like Angle v Jarrett, Sting v AJ, Booker/Steiner vs Beer Money (all repeats of extended feuds) and ...Nash v Rob Terry (possibly? who knows?) ...

I suppose you could add RVD, Anderson, Joe (is Pope still alive?) but then why call it the MEM?

Again, it makes sense from a storyline perspective but im not sure the pay off would be worth it

No doubt Challenge will only be freeview in certain corners of the country (i.e. in London), but I've always thought that TNA's best bet of getting viewers in the UK was to get it off Bravo and onto something that would promote it well (Sky, which would never happen) or something a lot of people could watch (freeview/terrestrial). I probably won't be watching it but still... :p

Challenge TV is set to become a Freeview channel on February 1st. Granted, I haven't googled this extensively, but it looks nationwide. Impact on free (if obscure, game-show infested) tv? I might just watch it again.

In other news, I agree with PeterHilton. Spoilers are things that have happened. If you don't want to be exposed to theories and rumours, don't enter a discussion thread.

Challenge TV is set to become a Freeview channel on February 1st. Granted, I haven't googled this extensively, but it looks nationwide. Impact on free (if obscure, game-show infested) tv? I might just watch it again.

'Us up north' only have the BBC and ITV channels and that is it. We are clearly not worthy of age-old repeats of Catchphrase :p

I wouldn't mind the Angle vs Jarrett match due to the build up. Also would like to see the Sting vs AJ match if they gave it a proper build up. Other than that I wouldn't be very interested in a MEM vs Immortal feud.

I literally change the channel every time I see JJ on screen

I think AJ/Sting has been done so often and Sting's character has been turned so often that it would be hard to get most people to care.

Used to live up by the Scottish border, and I had a freeview box on my telly up there. Got all those channels fine.

Yeah, we must just be forgotten around here :D

I did a check on the Freeview website with my postcode and it reveals that we receive the 'most popular' channels (basically, BBC 1,2,3,4, news etc.). We have Sky so Freeview's hit-and-miss distribution doesn't actually make a difference to me.