The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

So basically what I'm saying is: you're using a classic straw man argument.

First, even if it's a bad argument, that's not a straw man argument, and second, what on earth does your fourth assumption have to do with anything? I don't even necessarily disagree with you: I think they're jumping the gun here by crapping on a storyline before its gotten rolling. While I think it looks like a bad idea on paper, maybe it'll work itself out.

Yes it is. He wasn't attacking TNA for anything they've actually done but instead drew up baseless conclusions and consequences that TNA will have to deal with that he made up on the spot. I believe that's a straw man argument.

The fourth assumption is relevant because his statement that "they now have to compensate for the fact that those two key players are going to be part of their competition" implies that Nash and Booker signing for WWE will either hurt TNA business or help WWE business. I was pointing out that it would do neither.

Yes it is. He wasn't attacking TNA for anything they've actually done but instead drew up baseless conclusions and consequences that TNA will have to deal with that he made up on the spot. I believe that's a straw man argument.

No, that is not a straw man, and yes, you used the term incorrectly. A straw man is when you make a facsimile of someone else's argument and then shoot it down, which is not what Fantabulous was doing at all.

"A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position."

He's not refuting anyone's proposition, so he's not making a straw man argument, regardless of whether you agree with what he's saying.

Like I said, it's not even that I disagree with you, I'm just letting you know that you're using terms incorrectly and adding unnecessary assumptions.

Christ, TNA now has Mr. Anderson AND Scott Steiner?

AND OLD MAN NASH WON'T BE SUCKING UP THEIR SHOWS?!

Damnit, now I HAVE to watch. Curses!

Seriously, Scott Steiner can make the absolutely worst segments golden. Loved the "I'm here to kick your ass... I'm here to kill all your asses... HAH!?!"

God bless him.

No, that is not a straw man, and yes, you used the term incorrectly. A straw man is when you make a facsimile of someone else's argument and then shoot it down, which is not what Fantabulous was doing at all.

"A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position."

He's not refuting anyone's proposition, so he's not making a straw man argument, regardless of whether you agree with what he's saying.

Like I said, it's not even that I disagree with you, I'm just letting you know that you're using terms incorrectly and adding unnecessary assumptions.

Fair enough. Consider me pwned.

Tbh...

No great loss in my book. Booker was completely mailing in his matches last time out in TNA and whilst Nash is gold on the mic, he can barely move around in the ring and can only really figure effectively when shielded in tag team matches, etc.

Besides, I'd rather not see a complete recast of the MEM with Booker and Nash included. I've no idea whether TNA had seriously written out the storyline with them specifically cast, but even so it wouldn't be all that difficult to interchange a few pieces or change the world champion premise of the group...

Angle, Stiener and Samoa Joe as the corre (sorry, core) of the group), with Sting a possible added bonus if he ever returns to TNA.

You could add Matt Morgan (courted by Angle as a potential MEM member before their brief feud), Crimson as the messenger and a-n-other face if needed to bulk up the numbers.

Spoilers: In order to read just highlight the post: Was Booker even part of the original plan? I read only Kevin Nash was supposed to be coming back. With the two of them at the RR last night, I would love to see Team Angle as their replacements. I doubt it would happen as both are pretty bland speakers but wrestling wise it would be great.

Spoilers: In order to read just highlight the post:

I have to agree - he left the group early, didn't even take a defeat on his way out - I'm not quite sure what he would have added. I'm sure that they didn't want exactly the same group, and he was certainly the most obvious person to replace.

PWTorch is tracking stats for TNA TV episodes, house shows, and PPV events throughout 2011. At the end of each month, we will post a broad overview of TNA stats we cover each week.

List of TNA Titles and Champions

TNA World Title (date won)

Champion: Jeff Hardy (10/10/10 BFG PPV)

2011 TV/PPV title defenses:

-- pinfall win vs. Tetsuya Naitoh (01/04/11 Tokyo Dome Show)

-- pinfall loss vs. Mr. Anderson (01/09/11 Genesis PPV)

(2) Champion: Mr. Anderson (01/01/11 Genesis PPV)

-- vs. Jeff Hardy (02/03/11 Impact TV)

TNA Tag Titles (date won)

Champions: Motor City Machineguns (07/11/10 Victory Road PPV)

-- pinfall loss vs. Beer Money (01/09/11 Genesis PPV)

(2) Champions: Beer Money (01/09/11 Genesis PPV)

-- pinfall vs. Machineguns (01/13/11 Impact TV)

TNA TV Title (date won)

Champion: Douglas Williams (12/5/10 Turning Point PPV)

-- pinfall loss vs. Abyss (01/09/11 Genesis PPV)

(2) Champion: Abyss (01/09/11 Genesis PPV)

-- ???

X Division Title (date won)

Champion: Jay Lethal (12/16/10 Impact)

-- pinfall loss vs. Kazarian (01/09/11 Genesis PPV)

(2) Champion: Kazarian (01/09/11 Genesis PPV)

-- pinfall vs. Jay Lethal (01/20/11 Impact TV)

Knockouts Title (date won)

Champion: Madison Rayne (10/14/10 Impact)

-- pinfall vs. Mickie James (01/09/11 Genesis PPV)

Knockouts Tag Titles (date won)

Champions: Angelina Love & Winter (12/23/10 Impact)

-- pinfall vs. Madison Rayne & Tara (01/13/11 Impact TV)

Wrestlers Win/Loss Records

Male wrestlers Win/Loss Records

2011 Win-Loss-No Decision ... [2011 TV/PPV Records] ... 2011 Streak

Samoa Joe (3-0-0) ... [0-0-0] ...

Brother Ray (1-0-0) ... [1-0-0] ... W1

James Storm (13-1-0) ... [4-0-0] ... W4

Robert Roode (13-1-0) ... [4-0-0] ... W4

Mr. Anderson (14-3-0) ... [3-2-0] ... W1

Kazarian (13-3-0) ... [3-1-0] ... W3

Matt Morgan (9-3-0) ... [2-1-0] ... W2

Jeff Jarrett (8-6-1) ... [2-0-1] ... W2

Rob Van Dam (7-5-0) ... [0-4-0] ... L4

Abyss (4-2-0) ... [1-2-0] ... L1

Alex Shelley (4-2-0) ... [1-2-0] ... L2

Jay Lethal (3-2-0) ... [1-2-0] ... L2

Rob Terry (2-2-0) ... [1-2-0] ... W1

Jeff Hardy (5-8-0) ... [2-1-0] ... W2

Shannon Moore (3-6-0) ... [0-0-0]

Chris Sabin (4-10-0) ... [1-3-0] ... L3

Matt Hardy (3-7-0) ... [2-1-0] ... L1

Buck, Max (1-3-0) ... [1-0-0] ... W1

Doug Williams (1-11-0) ... [1-1-0] ... L1

The Pope Dinero (1-11-0) ... [0-0-0] ...

Kurt Angle (0-1-1) ... [0-1-1] ... L1

A.J. Styles (0-1-0) ... [0-1-0] ... L1

Crimson (0-1-0) ... [0-1-0] ... L1

Amazing Red (0-1-0) ... [0-1-0] ... L1

Brother Devon (0-1-0) ... [0-1-0] ... L1

Jesse Neal (0-2-0) ... [0-0-0] ...

Tommy Dreamer (0-3-0) ... [0-1-0] ... L1

Brian Kendrick (0-3-0) ... [0-0-0] ...

Buck, Jeremy (0-3-0) ... [0-0-0] ...

Robbie E. (0-5-0) ... [0-0-0] ...

Brutus Magnus (0-7-0) ... [0-0-0] ...

Irregulars

Ric Flair (1-0-0) ... [0-0-0] ...

Gunner (1-0-0) ... [1-0-0] ... W1

Murphy (1-0-0) ... [1-0-0] ... W1

Murat Bosporus (0-1-0) ... [0-0-0]

Lionheart (0-1-0) ... [0-0-0]

Johnny Moss (0-1-0) ... [0-0-0]

Mark Haskins (0-7-0) ... [0-0-0] ...

Knockouts Win/Loss Records

2011 Win-Loss-No Decision ... [2011 TV/PPV Records] ... 2011 Streak

Winter (1-0-0) ... [1-0-0] ... W1

Angelina Love (8-1-0) ... [2-0-0] ... W2

Mickie James (9-7-0) ... [2-2-0] ... W2

Sarita (1-1-0) ... [1-2-0] ... L2

Madison Rayne (7-9-0) ... [2-3-0] ... L3

Velvet Sky (1-2-0) ... [1-2-0] ... W1

Tara (0-7-0) ... [0-2-0] ... L2

KennedyMrArt_130GG_56.jpg

2011 Most Matches Wrestled

Mr. Anderson - 17

Kazarian - 16

Madison Rayne - 16

Mickie James - 16

Jeff Jarrett - 15

James Storm - 14

Robert Roode - 14

Chris Sabin - 14

Jeff Hardy - 13

Matt Morgan - 12

The Pope - 12

Rob Van Dam - 12

Doug Williams - 12

Matt Hardy - 10

2011 PPV Main Events

Mr. Anderson - 1

Matt Morgan - 1

Jeff Hardy - 1

2011 TV Main Events

Rob Van Dam - 3

Robert Roode - 2

Mr. Anderson - 2

Jeff Jarrett - 2

James Storm - 2

2011 House Show Main Events

Mr. Anderson - 11

Jeff Hardy - 9

Rob Van Dam - 4

Matt Hardy - 3

Jeff Jarrett - 3

Matt Morgan - 2

List of Best Matches for monthly PPVs

1/9 Genesis PPV - Guns vs. Beer Money (37 percent), Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy (26 percent)

First off all remember its all rumour at this point, further opinion highlight:

He could still work for both though as ROH lost the tv deal he just couldn't do ppv any more likely. Still really hoping its true as for longer term and former TNA fans AJ, Joe, Daniels = TNA. And I really feel that TNA should focus on getting the people back who have given up on them at this point in time.

Well according to rumor sites:

He's working as Suicide. With the possibility of working as Curry Man again. SO yeah..it won't affect his ROH dates which is great but it also probably won't exactly satisfy any of the longtiime TNA fans who wanted him back

Also...say the tapings and it turns out THEY/THEM was nowhere near as entertaining as I'd hoped.

My thoughts with spoilers: Looks like TNA was in fact banking on Booker T and Nash. Disappointing that they didn't have enough foresight yet again. BUT it could end up being a good thing for TNA to start running out of big names. Daniels coming back is great, no matter what the capacity or gimmick.

WWE may have screwed them over for this show, and the IWC will tear an abdominal muscle laughing at TNA yet again. But long term I think this could be a good thing for TNA. TNA is always better when AJ Styles is a face. No matter how contrived his turn was it's still better for TNA in the long run. This "they" may be a bust but then again the spoilers never come across well. I'll wait to see Impact edited together before I make a decisive choice. Hell for all we know they could shoot a completely different angle tonight.

Read the spoilers for the first time in a long while and the ME of both shows and the big reveal has me scratching my head. I understand and saw parts, but not all of it coming and didn't think it was going to be part of the storyline for 2/3. I'm interested to see how it comes off on camera, the written report sounds akward, but the people involved have the skills to make it work.

Also, I find the stats post above interesting, but questionable. How can Matt Hardy already be 3-7 in TNA? Or did I miss something.