The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

You enjoyed a WrestleMania which you saw live better than a show you watched on your TV/Computer? You don't say!

Were you looking to start an internet war? I gave my 2 cents on the PPV. Nuclear's opinion about the PPV is just as valid as mine because you can't really decide whether a PPV is "the best" unless you go by numbers.

I've been to RAW, SMACKDOWN, and ECW house shows but I didn't think they were better than the RAW, Smackdown, or ECW tv shows. I went to the Extreme Rules PPV where Cena beat Batista via tape and didn't think that was the best PPV that year.

And I stated I might have a different view than someone else.

It was a very good PPV, but IMO it wasn't the best. Nuclear thinks it was, and thats perfectly fine. But there is a fine line between discussing, which we were doing, and openly looking for a fight. I am not looking for a fight.

Were you looking to start an internet war? I gave my 2 cents on the PPV. Nuclear's opinion about the PPV is just as valid as mine because you can't really decide whether a PPV is "the best" unless you go by numbers.

I've been to RAW, SMACKDOWN, and ECW house shows but I didn't think they were better than the RAW, Smackdown, or ECW tv shows. I went to the Extreme Rules PPV where Cena beat Batista via tape and didn't think that was the best PPV that year.

It was a very good PPV, but IMO it wasn't the best. Nuclear thinks it was, and thats perfectly fine. But there is a fine line between discussing, which we were doing, and openly looking for a fight. I am not looking for a fight.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic

Yes you can which had better content and between DX and WM it is clearly DX Lockdown was better than WM too, but WM sucked this year.

Yes you can which had better content and between DX and WM it is clearly DX Lockdown was better than WM too, but WM sucked this year.

But what is better content is a matter of OPINION. People may think ROH's Best In the World ppv really was the Best In The World, but theres no way of judging that. Theres no unanimous decision. I enjoy seeing 5 minutes of the Rock talk more than I do seeing Abyss on my TV with a bloody face for 10 minutes, you may not.

By the numbers WWE beats TNA almost every single time. Mania will outdraw all of TNA's PPVs for the year combined.

Like I said though. It's a matter of opinion.

But what is better content is a matter of OPINION. People may think ROH's Best In the World ppv really was the Best In The World, but theres no way of judging that. Theres no unanimous decision. I enjoy seeing 5 minutes of the Rock talk more than I do seeing Abyss on my TV with a bloody face for 10 minutes, you may not.

By the numbers WWE beats TNA almost every single time. Mania will outdraw all of TNA's PPVs for the year combined.

Like I said though. It's a matter of opinion.

Your right diffrent opinions for diffrent people.

I disagree. I went into Mania not expecting much but Taker HHH was amazing, the Miz character was better than any character in TNA. It's such a simple, yet poignant message "I'd rather be hated for all that I am than loved for something I'm not." Edge vs ADR was good too, especially now since Edge had to retire due to injuries.

That said, I don't think TNA can do anything as dumb as Christians two day title run. :mad:

Grrr! *shows his teeth*

I'm not starting a fight I'm just pointing out your bias. You can claim there isn't one all you want but there is. It is neigh impossible for one to go to their first ever WrestleMania, the culmination of a childhood dream, and then compare that show fairly with another PPV by another company that you watched on a screen and not in person.

I haven't and won't pick a side on how good this PPV is compared to other PPVs because it's the first PPV I've watched from start to bottom in a long long time.

Well I got to see this event live and I found it to be incredibly entertaining and the matches were excellent! Not every single one of them, I made fun of mini-Edge during his match with Williams.

I think the 'overbooking' of Kendrick vs. Abyss worked in the storyline sense. It was a great ending to see the X-Division strike back against the guy looking to end it.

And in my opinion, I love TNA crowds as opposed to WWE. They don't care if there are matches with midcarders, they'll still chant and cheer for the wrestlers: watch WWE on TV and the crowd is dead most of the time, including when wrestlers make returns or debuts. If they're not Cena or Orton, they don't care! I also liked we got to chant 'Every-body' during that match, who could you really root for? Wouldn't you want to sign them all?

Much better event of TNA's than how they've been.

I was with you until you mentioned going by the numbers. Using that logic, WM9 (inc Giant Gonzalez vs Undertaker, Yokozuna's 2 minute title reign) was probably a better event than pretty much anything the WWE have put on since 2001. ;)

As for DX, I found it a really enjoyable ppv. It's hard to really stack it up against other ppvs though, since it had the novelty factor of being a one-off showcase for the X-Division and tbh, I do like variety in my wrestling. Glad to see Aries take the contract, although if there weren't so many other XD guys on the books, I'd take Low-Ki and Evans in as well. Nice to see Shark Boy pop up too... or submerge if you will.

The acid test will be how TNA treat the Division from here on.

Lynn/RVD was decent, but they've done better

Wait, you're saying that these guys had better matches 15 years ago when they were in their prime? They're not like HBK and Undertaker, where storytelling and psychology are more important than the spots and workrate...

31/2 hours because of that PPV. RVD/ Lynn made up for itself towards the end. I REALLY, REALLY think Joe in a three way would have been much better. EY is awesome. Shark Boy!!! Also, I thought Joe really looked like he was enjoying himself.

AJ Daniels, had a burnt out crowd as well as missing Joe and being a bit long, would have liked BK vs. Abyss to be longer, making it seem less and less like BK would win, but I enjoyed that. I'll have to go back and watch the main event as I was SUPER tired, but I enjoyed it.

Just remembered, Ultimate X was underwhelming, but contract match was sweet.

As for the crowd

-ve

Everybody chant

+ve

Sign them all chant.

Did I also here "Hogan Boo! Wrestling Yay!"

After reading a bit about the matches and results, I was really interested in this PPV. Then people started comparing it to the horrible Wrestlemania from this year, and claimed that was a better PPV, which made me lose all interest again. :(

After reading a bit about the matches and results, I was really interested in this PPV. Then people started comparing it to the horrible Wrestlemania from this year, and claimed that was a better PPV, which made me lose all interest again. :(

People will always complain. It didn't live up to the huge expectations IMO, but it was still a great PPV compared to most others. But it is still good.

I preferred it to this years WM tbh

I wouldn’t have beaten Samoa Joe on a PPV built on the idea of showcasing the X-Division when Joe is, and has been presented as, the biggest standout in its history. Eric Young’s entire gimmick and personality comes off as such an unbelievable low-rent joke that it’s comical for a national promotion to devote any kind of time to him. Yeah, I’m sure he’s a nice guy and TNA are family and all that bull**** they like to purport, but everything about him is a complete joke. And let’s not even get into the Shark Boy crap. I know what the idea behind the Brian Kendrick/Abyss feud was, but the execution has been so inept and ill-conceived, that they may as well just retire the X-Division title at this point. Kendrick has been treated like less than zero for weeks, in a way where he doesn’t even come across as sympathetic figure but as a joke that lacks any kind of credibility. And when the X-Division guys came out to make the save, it just came off like a cast of jobbers running in when they didn’t even bother putting anyone with serious name value in there. Couldn't even muster the interest to make it through the main event and turned off a few minutes in.

I saw the majority of the PPV, though, and comparisons to this years Wrestlemania are comical. Wrestlemania was a step down from the heady heights of years gone by, but it was a fairly good show that was still several levels above Destination X.

I really enjoyed the PPV. I'm not normally a huge TNA fan, and I hadn't watched the last three or four episodes of Impact leading in, but despite missing any build-up I still thought it was very good. I enjoyed the matches for the matches, when normally I'm more of a fan of stories.

That being said, there was one unbelievably annoying woman in the crowd I kept hearing. I thought the crowd was really good, in general, but this woman just needed to shut up.

Well I thought this years WrestleMania was awful and the fact Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole, as well as Snooki were on the show, yet Sheamus and Daniel Bryan were in a crappy dark match / battle royal made me sick. Not to mention the Rock's 10 minutes at the start that could have been used and the annoying, stupid segments with Snoop Dogg. If the matches had been better I would have accepted it but IMO they weren't.

Edge/Alberto was solid. Nothing great but they looked good for the time they had. Cody/Rey was a decent midcard match. Orton/Punk was a good match where everything they did looked crisp and nothing looked bad or botched. Undertaker/Triple H was pure spectacle and really dramatic near the end and the fans ate it all up. There was some really bad stuff elsewhere, but no show with matches like that can credibly be called 'awful'.

Edge/Alberto was solid. Nothing great but they looked good for the time they had. Cody/Rey was a decent midcard match. Orton/Punk was a good match where everything they did looked crisp and nothing looked bad or botched. Undertaker/Triple H was pure spectacle and really dramatic near the end and the fans ate it all up. There was some really bad stuff elsewhere, but no show with matches like that can credibly be called 'awful'.

Edge/Alberto, Cody/Rey, Orton/Punk were all TV quality matches. None of them stepped their game up for Wrestlemania. Didn't do anything that set their matches on a higher level than a random Raw or Smackdown match.

Taker/Triple H is really the only above match that was really worth talking about.