The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Am I the only one that really enjoys TNA Spin Cycle web show?

No you are not it is excellent. Particularly the one with Kendrick, RVD, Mickie and Doug Williams, it has lost a bit of it's charm since Lethal is no longer there to heckle. Shelley, Magnus, Sabin were all awesome on it. One thing I find awkward is when people are trying to stick to heel characters in it, but other than that it's awesome.

Wow, congratulations :).

You lucky b...:p

Thanks! This is such an amazing opportunity. I am still floored about it! Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode for the World title, Sting vs. Hulk Hogan (most likely). Some other matches I am hoping for include Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn, AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels, Winter vs. Velvet Sky (would love to be there to witness Velvet's first Knockouts title win) and so much more! I am way overly excited about this. lol.

Thanks! This is such an amazing opportunity. I am still floored about it! Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode for the World title, Sting vs. Hulk Hogan (most likely). Some other matches I am hoping for include Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn, AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels, Winter vs. Velvet Sky (would love to be there to witness Velvet's first Knockouts title win) and so much more! I am way overly excited about this. lol.

Have to say, having watched Sky since her debut seeing her win the knockouts title would be a mark out moment.

She ain't great but she's come a hell of a way to be pulling off headscissor takedowns.

Early BP are one of the best tag teams of recent years.

for the knockouts i believe it will be a three way or four way match for the title because i doubt TNA would leave Mickie off the card. She is the biggest KO name they have.

While I like Roode as a tag team wrestler, reading Roode wins the BFGS and gets a title shot at Bound for Glory just seems like a let down to me. Sure I have no doubt they can put on an ok match but to have it be for the world title at B.F.G. just does not make me want to run out and buy it.

While I like Roode as a tag team wrestler, reading Roode wins the BFGS and gets a title shot at Bound for Glory just seems like a let down to me. Sure I have no doubt they can put on an ok match but to have it be for the world title at B.F.G. just does not make me want to run out and buy it.

Yeah, he's been touted for so long as a future star it feels like they missed the boat (truthfully I never really saw it and always figured Matt Morgan was the big thing - no idea why they didn't pull the trigger as him to be the catalyst behind taking apart the MEM).

I could deal with Roode but it would need to be at the end of a long running feud, not a tournament with a one off match against Angle.

Best thing for him would be if he loses controversially starting a year long feud with Angle over the title culminating in him winning it at the 2012 BFG. That's the kind of story you need to take a guy like Roode to the next level and make him a bonafide star.

So last night TNA Impact Wrestling Thunder from Disney Orlando Studios or whatever it's called aired what was meant to be an "epic encounter" between Sting & Ric Flair...and on a forum full of die hard wrestling fanatics, not a single comment about it here...ouch

So since I rarely get a chance to watch TNA, heres a few random thoughts from last night's show, the first I've seen in months...

- Let's get this out of the way....It wasn't all that bad really

- Missed the first half of the show, turned it on during Velvet vs Love...If AC Slater got implants, he'd look like Angelina Love

- Velvet Sky actually took the time to learn how to wrestle...I applaud her

- Jeff Hardy should not be anywhere near a TV show until he's tested clean for 6 months minimum...10 days in jail? If he was poor it's be atleast 3 to 5 years

- While I generally think "shoot" promos and insider angles do more harm than good long term to pro wrestling, both Devon and (especially) AJ Styles cut great promos on the Hardy situation

- OK, I know it's their job to talk and call the matches but seriously, @Taz & Tenay...STFU!! Now and then, just for a few seconds...just...shhhhhhhhh...breath...there ya go

- I'm almost positive that TNA is piping in background crowd noises...'course couldn't tell for sure...since Taz and Tenay talked constantanly for the entire show!!!

- Should he main event Bound For Glory? IDK maybe not...but Bobby Roode is a very good wrestler and had he a very good match with Kaz

- Can't tell if Sting is imitating Heath Ledger as the Joker or Jim Carrey as the Riddler...either way it's creepy...in both a good way and a bad way

- No Mexican America or Jeff Jarret or Abyss = :D:D:D:D:D

- Ok so it's probably about four years late, but Matt Morgan vs Samoa Joe could be a great feud if done properly...that being said TNA will F**** it up somehow

- Ric Flair + still wrestling = :(

Really, just let it go before you have a heart attack in that ring

Of course, that's just my opinion...I could be wrong

Yeah, he's been touted for so long as a future star it feels like they missed the boat (truthfully I never really saw it and always figured Matt Morgan was the big thing - no idea why they didn't pull the trigger as him to be the catalyst behind taking apart the MEM).

I could deal with Roode but it would need to be at the end of a long running feud, not a tournament with a one off match against Angle.

Best thing for him would be if he loses controversially starting a year long feud with Angle over the title culminating in him winning it at the 2012 BFG. That's the kind of story you need to take a guy like Roode to the next level and make him a bonafide star.

Seems both too early and too late for Roode to me. Too late because Beer Money were a lot hotter a year ago, and by all accounts should had been working main event programs as a team for the past year. Too early because Roode still hasn't found the extra piece of character Storm possesses, and hasn't received a strong enough push to counteract it.

I love Roode. Great in the ring. Hopefully this is the start of big things.

Still would have pushed Storm over him though.

I watched the match and it didn't feel all that big in the way it was executed. Commercial may have been necessary but I didn't like that. Match itself wasn't too bad, but I hate Impact Zone crowds, they rarely get into it (I also believe sounded is artificially added) really thought it could have been better, I knew what to expect in the ring, but ten years since their last match "so much" at stake it just wasn't presented well enough IMO, I may be in the minority though.

- Can't tell if Sting is imitating Heath Ledger as the Joker or Jim Carrey as the Riddler...either way it's creepy...in both a good way and a bad way

He's trying to be Heath Ledger, coming off as Caesar Romero, and sometimes going too wacky and going straight into Bugs Bunny territory.

I liked Flair/Sting. Best TV match this year save Miz/Morrison... from the first show of this year. Not sure if that says more about Flair and Sting or about the current generation of WWE and TNA workers.

Ric Flair could wrestle a broomstick for an hour and be more entertaining than most of the roster. He can still go in the ring, not as good as he used to be but he still puts the effort into his matches.

I'm so tired of Hogan though. Sting v Hogan, why? I can see the drama of them cutting promo's on each other, they both are good on the mic, but a real in ring match. Sting can still wrestle but Hogan is so busted up with injuries that it'll just be an overbooked piece of crap. I'm not sure where Hogan's Ego is at but i can't really see him putting over Sting. I'm sure that Sting will win but it'll be tainted and unsatisfying.

I am looking forward to Angle and Roode. That should be a good match. I hope that Roode loses and we get a longer feud for him and Angle. I hate run ins and interferences for no reason but on this i could see EB causing a DQ or a tainted win. I'd be happy for a long set up between Beer Money and Angle and his buddies.

I miss the old Knockout division. Matches with Gail Kim and Kong. They really missed out by getting rid of Scott De'more(i believe that was the trainer for the ladies.) The matches aren't as good nor are the angles. Please get Karen Jarret off my tv please.... pretty please.

I agree that Jeff Hardy needed to sit for a few more months. I do hope that he's really changed. I do like Jeff, he's got talent. If he kicks his demons and refocuses on wrestling i think he could be at the top again, either in TNA or in the WWE. The drug thing is a built in gimmick.

I was gonna say something about the tag team champs, but i forgot who they are. That's not good.

I miss Eric Young as the head of the Global Elite(think that was the name) I like him with a stable of guys from other countries and promotions. Silly Eric has it's moments but i liked him better in a suit with the British Invasion and co backing him up.

Hey now. Eric Young's encounter with Scott Baio is a certified five star technical masterpiece. :p

As far as Jeff Hardy goes... I could do without him in TNA or WWE. Never liked him in the first place.

Flair can still go, but I don't want to see him wrestle full time again at his age. If he does, it should be with the really young talent to help put them over.

EDIT- Also, the current tag champs are Mexican America. The team so bad, they unfurl a flag in front of part of the crowd so a lucky few don't have to see them wrestle.

So I watched a little bit of TNA last night. I have to say I liked what I saw. Fortune is a major storyline with AJ vs Christopher Daniels. Bobby Roode, and James Storm being main eventers basically.

TNA seems to be trying to deliver what the fans want. Maybe Bischoff learned in WCW that he needed to develope new stars and is applying it here.

I am not saying that TNA is great or even close to WWE because they aren't but I see a lot of improvement over the product that they put out 6 months after Hogan and Bischoff joined TNA.

I thought that the show as a whole tonight was pretty good, I don't normally watch Impact because I am usually not home on Thursdays but since it was on I thought I would give it a shot. To tell you the truth the show wasn't all that bad, the only thing that I really didn't like about it was the match between Madison Rayne and Tara because they involved the referee way to much and it took a lot away from the match. Other than that I enjoyed the show which is a first from me since TNA doesn't do a lot of things that make sense in my eyes.

On another note I am glad to see that they are finally pushing younger talent especially now that Bischoff and Hogan are leaving it gives the younger guys a great chance to shine once again. A lot of people might not like Robert Roode getting a title shot at Bound For Glory but I am okay with it because they actually are pushing a guy that deserves it for once.