What's going on in your game?

Colt Cabana seems to have hit a ceiling. I can't get him over 61 in US. WTF?

His gimmick is wholesome, not comedy.

He's peaked at 61 in canada and the UK, too, as I have had TV there for a while. He's climbing in Japan, but I imagine that will top off at 61 as well. WEIRD

Totally possible he's hit his popularity cap. Would seem kinda fitting for Colt, as a C means he'll never be a star in anything more than an independent promotion, and a midcarder in the bigger leagues.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is ridiculous, because Boom Boom is freakin' awesome.

I'm building towards Halloween Havoc 1996. My projected card is as follows:

Special Challenge Match:

"Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. nWo Mystery Opponent

WCW World Heavyweight Championship:

The Giant © vs. Lex Luger

6-Man Tag Team Match:

The nWo (Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and Owen Hart) vs. Eddy Guerrero, Konnan, and Rey Misterio, Jr.

WCW World Tag Team Championship:

The Steiner Brothers © vs. The Amazing French Canadians

WCW United States Championship:

Lord Steven Regal © vs. Sting

WCW World Television Championship:

Raven © vs. Chris Jericho

Grudge Match:

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Barry Windham

I'll probably throw in a few more matches. The Four Horsemen need something to do.

Also, some of the guys I have signed recently are big pieces of WCW's future: Rocky Maivia, Mark Henry, Kenta Kobashi, and... Well, some other nWo guys. :D

That's terrible, I didn't know there was a cap. I watched his debut promo/match from Smackdown and he's oozing with star quality. Bad mod perhaps.

Problem with making RW mods is you're limited to opinion and speculation. Some guys are stars in WWE who probably shouldn't be, but because they're established stars now, they'd have a high rating in a mod.

Similarly, anyone who we see as a potential star of tomorrow is simply a guessing game...but..I'd say Colt's got a hell of a lot more potential than that. I'm not that familiar with his work (I've seen 1-2 ROH matches, a WSX match, and 1-2 WWE matches) but the second you see him, you think, wow, this guy is as entertaining as it gets.

Soxfan: the card sounds great.

I've been doing some lazy booking (iron man matches) just to try to get through the months as I don't want to set anything in stone right nowbecause i'll just have to change everything again once I can start signing WWE's workers, anyway.

That's terrible, I didn't know there was a cap. I watched his debut promo/match from Smackdown and he's oozing with star quality. Bad mod perhaps.

Problem with making RW mods is you're limited to opinion and speculation. Some guys are stars in WWE who probably shouldn't be, but because they're established stars now, they'd have a high rating in a mod.

Similarly, anyone who we see as a potential star of tomorrow is simply a guessing game...but..I'd say Colt's got a hell of a lot more potential than that. I'm not that familiar with his work (I've seen 1-2 ROH matches, a WSX match, and 1-2 WWE matches) but the second you see him, you think, wow, this guy is as entertaining as it gets.

Ain't the mod, it's just bad luck. Star Quality has some bearing, but absolutely every worker has a random popularity cap assigned to them when a new game is started. Even if he had A* SQ, there's a chance of him having a smaller than desired popularity cap. It's why you tend to see people with high SQs as "Next Big Things" far more often than guys with an E in SQ (though that most certainly CAN happen).

And yes, he's very entertaining... but entertainment=entertainment, not star quality. I'd argue, based off his look, Cabana has a pretty middling SQ. A solid C- or so. He doesn't have a bad look, but he's also sorta on the generic looking side.

But again, it's just bad luck from when you started the game (if that's the case). A C popularity is more than enough to have a long, enjoyable career in the midcard.

And keep in mind, it's a "soft" cap. If you push hard enough with good enough segments, he'll go over it... he'll just start sinking back down the moment you get lax on giving him attention.

And keep in mind, it's a "soft" cap. If you push hard enough with good enough segments, he'll go over it... he'll just start sinking back down the moment you get lax on giving him attention.

In my diary game I am pushing the h*** out of Raven...title matches, main event storylines, Sid as a bodygaurd/follower/minion type...despite B and B- matches and angles his popularity just will not go above a C for any length of time :mad:

On the flip side, IRS has from a C- to a B just from random tag matches and the occasional run-in beatdown angle...who knew?

I mean...it's Irwin R. Shyster for cripes sakes :eek:

But to the point, In the same game I had "Road Dogg" Jesse James shoot from a nobody to a B- pop and then just stall...for a few months...but I just kept pushing...and pushing...and pushing and he's now at a B!!!

But yeah it sucks when a guy (or gal) you like and want to push gets capped out at a low popularity

In my diary game I am pushing the h*** out of Raven...title matches, main event storylines, Sid as a bodygaurd/follower/minion type...despite B and B- matches and angles his popularity just will not go above a C for any length of time :mad:

What mod are you using? I'm playing with BurningHamster's The War Begins! 1996 mod, and here's Raven's popularity for me:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2dhfz37.jpg

If it's really that random, that's crazy.

What mod are you using? I'm playing with BurningHamster's The War Begins! 1996 mod, and here's Raven's popularity for me:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2dhfz37.jpg

If it's really that random, that's crazy.

Hive's 1995 'The War Begins' mod...

Raven's starting pop is @ D+ to C- through most of the US and B- in the tri-state..I think that's historically accurate for September of 1995

Not sure the exact number as we use grades only in the multi-player game but he's stuck around a B- in tri state and C in the rest of the US

Conversely:

Mike Rotundo (IRS) has gone from C- to B- in the US

Brian Armstrong (Jesse James) from D+ to B in the US (OH you didn't know?!?)

so there are no doubt variances in starting popularity from one mod to another....I feel that overall Hive's 95 mod is very good and very accurate...I have guys getting less of a push gaining more overness and gaining it faster than Raven, so I believe it is the built in "Popularity Cap" at work

Don't believe it? Let's ask a real life victim of the overness cap, let's ask Billy Gunn aka Bad A** Billy Gunn aka The One Billy Gunn aka Mr A** aka Chuck (& Billy) aka Kip James aka Cute Kip

That guy has been pushed more than a shopping cart at wal-mart still never went above a "C" popularity (and it's a shame 'cuz I for one actually liked atleast half fo Billy Gunn's pushes)

Oh well...on a side note, in the old EWR I had a three man stable of Raven, CM Punk and Edge at point have all three hit 100 overness at the same time...ah the good 'ol days :D

Ain't the mod, it's just bad luck. Star Quality has some bearing, but absolutely every worker has a random popularity cap assigned to them when a new game is started. Even if he had A* SQ, there's a chance of him having a smaller than desired popularity cap. It's why you tend to see people with high SQs as "Next Big Things" far more often than guys with an E in SQ (though that most certainly CAN happen).

And yes, he's very entertaining... but entertainment=entertainment, not star quality. I'd argue, based off his look, Cabana has a pretty middling SQ. A solid C- or so. He doesn't have a bad look, but he's also sorta on the generic looking side.

But again, it's just bad luck from when you started the game (if that's the case). A C popularity is more than enough to have a long, enjoyable career in the midcard.

Entertaining wasn't the word...he just seems like someone who has the 'it' factor and is a natural in the setting.

And afterall, he IS a former NWA champion ;)

This is all interesting though, I assumed it was a mod issue but didn't realize the game generated that sort of unique potential/cap for each game. Both a good and bad thing I suppose.

R.K. Hayes in my NOTBPW game. 71-ish is his max.

This sucks, because...well, it's my NOTBPW game. The one where I edit contract prices, contract lengths (for Johnny Bloodstone so he'd be a free agent so I could sign him. He should have wanted to sign with me; I really don't get that situation), game the hell out of the system (3-match 99 show :D), push people I want to the top and have a horrible time anywhere else.

The one where I'm getting an A* show (remember, a show's A* is 95.1 or above) each month. And probably nailing an A* match once a month, too. At least. Or maybe once a week, -ish.

NOTBPW, who runs 21 shows per month. #1 in Influence (still at #3 Importance ._.)

Yeah. That promotion. R.K. HAYES CAN'T GET OVER aosijda;ja.

Monster Unleashed once/show. Diaz? Over. Runaway Train? Useless as hell, but over. Vengeance? Over (or not; I haven't really used him that much...) Bruce the Giant? Dread? Over. Tyson Baine? Over.

And other guys are insanely popular due to matches and angles. Avatar, Holmes, Steve and Jack DeColt (Ricky's getting there), McFly, Bloodstone, the Stones...

Sure. Everyone else I care about (Sean Deeley, him too), they're fine. The one guy who got to 80 psychology, who I figured I should probably give him a nice run with the big boys?

No.

And to backfist me in the crotch (thanks, dad), he has poor chemistry with William Hayes. ._.

Island of Pain (0/0/0/0) - Hawaii (est. approx 2025)

Current Date - September 2051, Current Popularity - 25

Not much to report since yesterday's update...though Jeffrey Brooks is not long for the title.

A chain of "meh" matches with some scattered gems just didn't seem to cut it anymore so Albert Morton is going to get a run with the belt starting at my next show.

My money situation is rapidly getting worse. I wasn't worried about it until now, and I'm not that worried, but I just renegotiated with the two guys I assumed were responsible for my monthly losses. The problem is deeper than that, sadly. I'm still losing 1-2k per month...which isn't too horrifying I guess, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable with breaking even or making money at least occasionally.

Right now my gameplan is to simply sustain the roster as best I can. We just picked up a bump in attendance, presumably after hitting 25 popularity, which is helpful but isn't putting a big enough dent into the monthly deficit. We've been growing more rapidly than in the past, in part because of a booming economy and industry, but also because we are fluctuating between 2nd and 3rd most months and staying almost completely out of 4th in the regional battles. I'm basically gaining regional popularity every 3-4 months. My hope is that I'll be able to eat the losses long enough to take the jump to regional and pick up bigger sponsorship money.

Otherwise, I have literally nothing to report...outside of the finances everything is going well outside of irregular lousy main event/shows here and there.

I just ran Halloween Havoc. Honestly, I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a 95+.

• Jericho and Raven should have scored higher, but apparently they have "Awful" chemistry.

• Austin debuted as Savage's nWo mystery opponent. I was hoping for a higher rating, but with Austin's 59 popularity, that's definitely a good score.

• I'm very disappointed in the Steiners/Quebecers match. Both teams are solid in the ring, and the only one who didn't have 99+ popularity was Carl Oulette, who was at 94.

• I had to get the title off of The Giant, since he is bad in the ring. Due to low-rated matches, the prestige of the belt fell from 100 to 97. I want his psychology and selling to be ~ 65 before he gets the belt back.

• Also, I realize now that the Dungeon of Doom Interview shouldn't have been where it ended up. Not sure how that happened, I thought I moved it.

Overall, it was a good show. It just should have been better.

Edit: Missing from the (bottom of the) screenshot is "Jim Cornette Hypes Kenta Kobashi". It was a simple interview segments with Gene Okerlund, Cornette, and Kobashi. It scored an 88. Cornette will be "bringing in" some Japanese talent. Mitsuharu Misawa will be joining Kobashi, as will (hopefully) Toshiaki Kawada and Jushin Thunder Liger.

674350639_HalloweenHavoc.JPG.57acc9aa3cc7b8df346607cebd482f58.JPG

In my WWE game im two weeks away from Mania 28

The Card I have in mind so far(from Opener to Main Event):

DARK MATCH: Kane vs Cody Rhodes(If Kane loses he will be forced to wear a mask again.If Cody Loses He will be forced to remove his "mask".)

Intercontenental Championship Match:

Dolph Ziggler© vs Evan Bourne vs Kofi Kinston

Match 2:Mark Henry vs Big Show(You know the back story)

Divs Title: Natalya vs Beth Pheonix

(Unifeid)Tag Team Titles Match:

Rey Mysterio and John Morrison vs Awesome Truth (Amazing Feud So far)

Match 5(Tables Match): Alex Riley vs Jack Swagger

Match 6:Daniel Bryan vs Christopher Daniels

Match 7: Triple H vs Christian

Match 8: Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio(Del Rio Claimed he is the Future of the WWE.Sheamus doesnt think so)

Match 9:Randy Orton vs William Regal(Ive Built hiim up to Upper Midcarder)

Wwe Championship Match(TLC):Chris Jericho vs C.M Punk(Awesome Promos.Nuff said)

The Rock vs John Cena(Stone Cold as the Spesial guest Referee)

Main EventWorld Heavyweight Championship(The Streak of course also on the line):

Kurt Angel vs The Undertaker

This Will obviosly be a Wrestling heavy Wrestlemania

What do you guys think ( And feel free to make Predictions)

Leading upto 2001 SummerSlam, my card is almost confirmed with just a few weeks left

WWF Title Match

Kurt Angle © v Chris Jericho - A culmination of a four month feud which the champ has only faced the challenger once and even then Angle won in less then convincing circumstances in a Submission Match.

Booking Note - I was going to have Angle retain but Jericho earn his respect in a hard fought bought. However, twice in recent weeks Angle has failed steriod tests even though policy is low. I feel like i should punish him but want to resist pulling the trigger on Jericho.

WCW World Heavyweight Title

The Rock © v Ric Flair - This is the last ever WCW Title match before the brand extension and Flair has earned the shot after winning a five way elimination match on RAW. The build up is all about Flair wanting to write his name into history as the last ever WCW champ, it is also the start of his face turn. Currently he is in an alliance with HHH and Nash, however as SS draws nearer and his focus becomes firmer, The Game grows resentful as he feels The Nature Boy should be supporting him and forget his dreams. Obviously, this will lead to a Flair/HHH program post SS.

[bHHH v Steve Austin[/b]

An old fashion hate-filled bloodbath of a feud. HHH has continuously attempted to destroy Stone Cold throughout the summer to rid him from the WWF. They had one match at KOTR when HHH was intentionally DQ'd but then proceeded to beatdown Austin putting him out for nearly two months. In the interim HHH terrorised JR and then at Vengeance he put Mick Foley put out of ation in a superb street fight. A no contact stipulation until theor match, will ensire that all hell will break loose at SS!

The Undertaker v DDP

Another superb summer long feud which will have its blow off. The Deadman has returned after DDP seemingly ended his career at KOTR. Brought back by Paul Bearer at a recent SD episode, Taker back to his best, although he will have to be as DDP has been in sensational form, including being involved in a perfect 100 match against The Rock

Other Matches

Chris Benoit © v Booker T - The final match in a 2 month feud and its for the US Title

Curt Hennig v Eddie Guerrero - an extension from the above feud. The returning face Hennig is determined to teach Eddie some respect

Dudleyz V Hardyz - The recently turned heel Dudleyz take on the Hardyz in a tag team unification match

Rey Mysterio v Chavo Guerrero - Another unification match (LHW and CW) but this has been brewing for months since both men claimed their respective titles

Christian © v Edge - Ever since their split and his underhanded IC title win, Christian has done everything to evade a clean defence against his former partner so now to remove any chance of cheting it will be decided with the belt hanging above the ring in a Ladder Match

Kane v Big Show - A rampaging Big Show has irate after a summer of missed title opportunities. As he vents his anger on the midcard, Kane is the only man to stand up to him and they will face off in some over booked stipulation mess

RVD v Dreamer v Raven v Rhyno - A less than subtle tribute to ECW in this fatal 4 way Hardcore Title match - Defending champ RVD has held the belt for over three months but may well drop the belt here to move up the card

Trish v Chyna - the slow rebuild of the division will see Trish hold onto the title cleanly and allow some new blood to move up the card

In Other News

A repackaged Mr. Steven Richards returns to the WWF as a recent member of High Society. F or a long time considered a joke, Richards went away to rebuild himself and actually became a succesful businessmn and now is most definitely High Society. With him he has brought Terri Runnels (good Ent skills for a diva and high SA) and will also bring either a Tag Team (security) and a young lackey or one Bodyguard and a couple of lackeys.

Please help with setting up my Stable, i know i want menancing security and a lackey (blue chipper) but not sure, ideas please

Yeah I was looking in development and I may use O'Haire/? as henchman and Kendrick as lackey. Orton will probably get over too fast with his SQ and will outgrow the stable fast. Test and Albert are already established in my roster but that us definitely the types I'm looking at but think i would be best to use the chance to bring up talent.

Orton and Lesnar are potentially too good for the stable, I want Richards to be at the head for quite a while

That stable could be a good way to prevent Orton from exploding too soon. Have him as the bitch of the stable. Any time multiple people stand up to the group, T&A protect Richards, so he can escape the ring, then leave Orton as a sacrifice to protect Richards as he runs off. And of course Orton gets fed to whoever Richards is feuding with. Have him mistreated for several months, growing more and more frustrated, before he snaps and turns on the group, and spends a couple of months getting through T&A before getting to Richards, where I'd actually have him lose, and Richards replaces him with another lackey.

From that loss, you can have him flounder on his own because of his inexperience. He struggles for a while, until a veteran (probably one that's beaten him) takes him under his wing. Run them as a tag team for a while, then someone takes out the veteran, which leads to his break-out solo feud. After that he spends time chasing the midcard title, perhaps winning it and dropping it for a while.

That gives him at least a couple of years developing and improving before you even have him out of the midcard but also positions him right on the cusp of bigger things whenever you feel you need to pull the trigger, and you can go back to the Richards feud after Orton's spent time learning from whichever veteran helped him.

Yeah I was looking in development and I may use O'Haire/? as henchman and Kendrick as lackey. Orton will probably get over too fast with his SQ and will outgrow the stable fast. Test and Albert are already established in my roster but that us definitely the types I'm looking at but think i would be best to use the chance to bring up talent.

Orton and Lesnar are potentially too good for the stable, I want Richards to be at the head for quite a while

O'Haire & Palumbo could work (and build on their WCW time).

As an alternative Matt Morgan could work (as long as you don't give him the stuttering gimmick). If done successfully you could have a money feud with him down and Lesnar down the line (I'm a major Morgan mark so may over inflate him somewhat but he's just so much more interesting on the mike than other big guys which makes him standout).

Thank you, I think you may have just convinced me to call up orton. Test and Albert I'm still not sure about, this stable gives me an opportunity to bring up a new tag team but menace is on short supply in development. Thinking about it Test and Albert may get the nod

having a muck around with the 2001 C-Verse mod, playing as HGC who i have never played as before

completed the first month and started to get the hang of a big promotion, used to having my feuds go on for months with a smaller promotion and can see why some people prefer smaller companies

Summer Showdown

Rip Chord Beat Sam Strong

not sure how long these guys have left so letting them have a big blow out feud, will eventually get into the title picture and pass down the torch to younger wrestlers

Liberty Beat BLZ Bubb by DQ

Liberty is the HGC Champion and this has been the story i have enjoyed booking until i found they had awful chemistry, some reworking needs doing

Dread Beat Jack Bruce

i used to like Dread but he has been an absolute pain in this game, but is still useful as a monster against Jack Bruce the start of a series of matches for these two

Tommy Cornell Beat Peter Valentine

Cornell is feuding with Chord and Valentine attacked Cornell to set this match up

Necrophim (Charles Avatar) Beat Toro Martinez

No back story but the crowd hates Toro

The Vessey Brothers Beat Tag Team Specialists

Demons of Rage Beat Painful Procedure

Ricky Dale Johnson Beat I, Butcher

Troy Tirnado Beat Kashimir Singh

Archived