What's going on in your game?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MNCyGuy" data-cite="MNCyGuy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm in August 2011 with a company I created called "Wrestling Without Borders". My goal has been to try to do a U.S.-based promotion with a roster made up of only foreign workers and North American workers who spend most of their time in other game areas. I also made myself sign a non-aggression pact with CZCW. It's been pretty fun and interesting as it has forced me to not use a lot of the guys I'd usually sign.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like the concept. Giving it an international feel is great. This would make for an interesting diary too I think.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Renegade MMA 037" data-cite="Renegade MMA 037" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I signed Acid to TCW and he's getting me awesome match ratings , his match with Bach got a B- and his match with Matthew Keith(who has an E in popularity) he pulled a great C+</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> TCW is great for talented workers. Guys like Acid, Steve Flash, and similiar workers can put on fantastic matches. Something to always keep in mind while playing as TCW.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="juggaloninjalee" data-cite="juggaloninjalee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I like the concept. Giving it an international feel is great. This would make for an interesting diary too I think.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I thought so too. I'd love to do a diary in theory, but my wife is pregnant with our first child so it doesn't seem like a great time to take on something like that for the first time.</p><p> </p><p> More related to the game, SOTBPW just went national so I have a feeling that I'm going to be forced to start a massive roster overhaul that I'm not real excited about.</p>

"Hey, Jack. Good job getting Warriors of the New Age to bigger level. I just want to go over a new hiring policy with you."

"Sure, Mr. Wood, what're the rules?"

"Call me Larry. First off, none of those MMA guys. Too dangerous."

"Alright, that makes sense. Anything else boss?"

"No Psychopaths either."

"...Wait, aren't you a psychopath wrestler youself Larry?"

"...Meeting over! I got to go to WEXXV!"

"Hey, Jack. Good job getting Warriors of the New Age to bigger level. I just want to go over a new hiring policy with you."

"Sure, Mr. Wood, what're the rules?"

"Call me Larry. First off, none of those MMA guys. Too dangerous."

"Alright, that makes sense. Anything else boss?"

"No Psychopaths either."

"...Wait, aren't you a psychopath wrestler youself Larry?"

"...Meeting over! I got to go to WEXXV!"

Those are hands down my favorite kind of owner goals. For some reason, Terry Lambert ALWAYS gives me a goal regarding selling. Right now, I can't have anyone with less than a C- in selling.

Terry Lambert has a D+. All I can figure its his way of making himself look even more awesome, by insuring he's the only man in the company no selling offense.

Just started a new TNA game, really wanted to trim the fat at first to allow room for my World X Cup. So I realeased:

Matt Morgan

Robbie E

Scott Steiner

Rob Terry

Shannon Moore

SoCal Val

Traci Brookes (who has announced her retirement)

Vince Russo

Willie Urbina

Jeff Hardy

Anarquia

Hernandez

Jackie Moore

Jeremy Borash

Kid Kash

Hector Guerrero

Now on to the X Cup, I was planning on having Team TNA, UK, Japan and Canada. But didn't find enough characters from Canada so turned them into Team International and the teams stand at:

Team TNA:

AJ Styles ©

Senshi (surprise return)

Kaz

Austin Aries

Team UK:

Pac

Spud

Jody Fleisch

Robbie Brookside ©

Team Japan:

Yoshitsune

AKIRA

Taka Michinoku ©

OBATA

Team Int:

Ultimo Guerrero ©

Kenny Omega

Volador Jr.

Petey Williams

After the first week of tag team matches, I'm gonna have Eric Bischoff announce that the teams aren't just made up of male wrestlers but women and that each team has a week to find someone to bring in. Team TNA bring in Alissa Flash, UK bring in Erin Angel, Japan bring in Ayako Hamada and International bring in Gail Kim (as a big surprise).

Just one of the things going on in my game.

Wrestlemania 22 Card:

World Heavyweight Championship:

Chris Benoit © vs Chris Jericho

Jericho returned at the Rumble and entered number 1. Benoit entered 2 and both were the final two in the match with Jericho winning. At No Way Out, Benoit won the elimination chamber match for the title and right after it, Jericho hit him in the head with a chair and said that he picks Benoit at Mania. I was going to give Jericho the title and have Benoit win it back after a long feud at Summerslam but Benoit has gotten busted for steroids 3 times in the last few months and after fineing him and giving him a last chance twice and him saying he will clear up, i think i will give Benoit a month off and write him off with injury.

WWE Championship match:

Edge © vs Angle vs HBK

Edge cashed in MITB at New Years revolution beating Cena like in real life but then, entered a feud with HBK. After Angle returned from an injury, he got put into the mix after winning a 20 man no. 1 battle royal on raw. HBK beat Angle on raw in a cage match and was given a title shot in a triple threat match. I'm not sure who i want to win this yet but it will either be Edge or Angle.

Streak Rematch

The Undertaker vs Randy Orton

Not much story behind it, Orton wanted a rematch and they started a feud again. Taker will win.

30 Minute Iron Man No. 1 Contender for a title of their choice match

Cena vs Triple H

After Cena lost the title, and lost his rematch at the Royal Rumble, he wanted one more shot but HHH said that he deserved a shot as much as Cena. This sparked a feud between the two that will have the winner become the rightful No. 1 Contender for any title they want. IDK who will win.

Street Fight

Rey mysterio vs Batista

Not much story. Just a feud between two former friends. Batista will win.

Elimination Match for the US Championship

Bobby Lashley © vs William Regal vs Finlay

Lashley won the title and went on a monster streak for a few weeks beating everybody until Finlay beat him in a match. They started to feud and then Regal faced Lashley. After a distraction from Finlay, Lashley lost to Regal. The following week, they had a rematch and Lashley left the ring to beat on Finlay and Regal hit him with brass knuckles and Lashley got counted out. These two wins gave Regal a spot in the match. Regal will win.

Smackdown Tag Team Titles

MNM © vs Londrick

Both have been feuding for a while. Londrick will win it.

Raw Tag Team Titles

Be Cool (Miz and Carlito) © vs ShowKane

Masters and Carlito had beaten ShowKane for the belts and were gonna feud but then Masters got busted for steroids for the third time and was suspended and i had to bring up Miz from development to replace him. Be Cool will win.

Cruiserweight Championship Ladder Match

Kid Kash © with JBL vs Funaki vs Jamie Noble vs Psicosis vs Super Crazy

Kash teamed up with JBL as his manager/business partner and has dominated since. Just a match get get more guys on the card and to build up Kash/JBL more. Kash will win

Money In The Bank Ladder Match

Shelton Benjamin vs Booker T vs Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy vs Ric Flair vs RVD

Benjamin has been pushed well by me and is super over and I am going to have him win the briefcase unless something happens last minute.

In all I have 10 matches with 6 being for titles. 3 (maybe 4) new champs will be crowned. Tell me what you think and if you like who i have winning each match. thanks

Just before my biggest show of my game, i snatched Sheamus, Chris hero, Kenta and Naomitchi Marafuji from TNA and NOAH. 3 of those four where my HOME stars back in the first year, and they will all be written into storylines.

Sheamus will come back on tv, saying how he made a dumb decision leaving, he felt the old NWA was to small for him, but now he's back, and is making it up by starting at the bottom of the card.

KENTA & Marafuji comes back, looking to prove US watchers that JAPAN is where its at. They are faces who the crowd love.

Hero, the old Franshise of NWA comes back, saying he goes where the grass is greener, now he's back with Larry Sweeney and is going to win the belt once again. He is a cocky heel.

Year: 1990

NWA World Wide Wrestling is the Umbrella Company for 9 smaller Promotions

NWA Calgary Stampede (Canada)

NWA Southern Championship Wrestling (Formerly USWA))

NWA Lucha Libre (Mexico)

NWA Southeast Wrestling (Formerly Continental)

NWA Puerto Rico (Formerly WWC)

NWA Southwest Wrestling (Formerly WCCW)

NWA Florida Championship Wrestling

NWA Mid South Wrestling (Formerly UWF)

NWA Pacific Northwest

Each Title has been renamed to fit under the NWA Umbrella

(NWA Puerto Rico Champion, NWA Mid South Champion, along with Tag Champs, etc)

I basically control the NWA which is the old Mid Atlantic area.

We are at National Size.

I let the "Territores" control all their stuff of course, but I have a working agreement with each one so I bring in their top names to face the NWA TOP NAMES.

At my World Level:

-Sting is NWA WORLD CHAMP fueding with Flair

-Roadwarriors are NWA WORLD TAG CHAMPS fueding with Arn and Tully

-Steamboat and Terry Funk are fueding over the NORTH AMERICAN TITLE

-NORTH AMERICAN TAG TITLES are being traded between The Steiners, The Freebirds, RnR Express and The Midnight Express

Every Month I bring in one of the smaller promotions top guys:

This past month brought in Lawler to fued with Flair as Sting faced various challengers.

Last month brought in Abdullah from Puerto Rico to slice up on some folks.

I really like this game I have going now. Took a while to set it all up with Promotional and Title name changes but it has been worth it.

If we only had the option of bringing in other titles it would be awesome, but without it it's still pretty cool.

Next month thinking about bringing in Owen Hart who has been on top in Calgary for a while. Might have him go after the North American Title and face funk a few times!

Wrestlemania 22 results:

Benjamin defeated Booker T, Flair, RVD, Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy to win MITB: 86

Be Cool (Miz and Carlito) defeated ShowKane to retain the World Tag Team Titles: 83

Kid Kash defeated Jamie Noble, Funaki, Psicosis and Super Crazy to retain the Cruiserweight Title: 72 :(

Londrick defeated MNM for the WWE Tag Team Titles: 83 (pissed off after they got a 94 on a match on Smackdown two weeks ago)

Bobby Lashley defeated Finlay and William Regal to retain the US Title: 77 ( :( Regal and Lashley got a 97 on a match three weeks ago)

Batista defeated Rey Mysterio: 81

John Cena defeated Triple H: 84

The Undertaker defeated Randy Orton: 86

Edge defeated Kurt Angle and HBK to retain the WWE Title: 84

Chris Jericho defeated Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Title: 99 (60 minute iron man match :) )

Show Rating: 90

Attendance: 20,500 Sell Out. IL United Center (Great Lakes)

PPV Buy Rate: 2.21

Overall i'm happy with the show although I wanted the Cena/HHH, Taker/Orton and US title matches to get higher.

Doing a regional create-your-own-promotion game (AWF) but I got bored of my roster.

Luckily there was a legal issue with SWF & TCW's written contracts and pretty much all their workers came up for grabs! (I went through the contracts, set all of TCW & SWF's workers to 1 day left and let the fun ensue :D) Loads of new small TV stations that were willing to work with smaller promotions suddenly appeared too :rolleyes::D

I came out of it with Edd Stone, Marc DuBois, Robert Oxford, Zimmy Bumfole (now just Zimmy) and few others.

Zimmy won the AWF Heavyweight Title from Ota (due to contract obligation) in a 4-Way Scramble against Robert Oxford, Ota and Jack the Snake (my modified Jack Avatar, here he is if you're interested)

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9467/m204.jpg

Jack has since gone on to take the title from Zimmy in a 3 way that also involved DuBois

Edd Stone & Marc DuBois beat the Lumberjacks (face Nation of Filth) for the AWF Tag Titles on their debut (as they both demanded mid-card runs despite being main eventers). Now they have the titles I've switched them to floating and they are having awesome tag matches with my cruiserweight division

The Big Problem finally got the better of Man Mountain Cahill for the AWF TV title after a 6 month struggle only to be beaten for it by Akima Brave the very next show (again, contract ob), Problem is now feuding with the Samoan Nation (Akima Brave, Kid Toma, Samoan Machine & Rhino Umaga, all going under their real names), trying to get another shot at the TV title. He is about to going into a Survior Series Match against them with Steve Flash and hot prospect tag team Donte Dunn & Mighty Mo. If his team wins he gets his shot.

On the same night that DuBois faced Zimmy & Snake for the Heavyweight Title Edd Stone beat American Elemental for the floating AWF Cruiserweight Title. Elemental had held the belt from his debut but will sadly be unavailable for the next few months due to tour obligations but having all my cruiserweights working with Edd Stone in pre-show dark matches will help the division along nicely.

I also have Robert Oxford & Steve Flash running a 'wrestling clinic' of 6 man matches against mid-carder to improve the younger generations skills.

My 1 hour TV show has just been renewed (small network, late night, only showing in the Mid-South(home) & South East and we're now pulling C+/B- shows.

Just shows what can happen when the big boys let go of some of the talent and spread it around the scene a bit :D

MAW July 2011

The Samoan Wildboyz are feuding with CV2 over the Mid Atlantic Championship, while Jay Chord toes around the feud between his rivalry with Cameron Vessey which lead to the break-up of the Succession and his inability to beat champion Akima Umaga. Chord is also feuding with RCI winner Jared Johnson who is waiting to cash in his shot until he is through with Chord.

Also, the tag division is dominated by the team of Crash Impact, KC Glenn & Giant Brody. I can't imagine that Glenn is going to stick around too long because he's getting quite over and has been part of my 2 best matches (losing to Jared Johnson & Akima Umaga respectively), but he's also getting his monster bodyguard Brody over and he (Brody) got the high destiny stat news story and turned out pretty well from RIPW.

The final storyline going is Hell's Bouncer running amok over MAW. He has only lost to Akima Umaga & Jared Johnson, but isn't really developing, so I'm hesitating to throw him into a real upper level feud, instead having him fail to get the loose alliance of Citizen X & Mean Jean Cattley off his back. When he shows his ability to pull a decent grade despite being the most over guy on the roster, I'll bring in a mouthpiece that has been controlling him the whole time, have them squash X & Cattley, and shove Bouncer to the top.

It's been a while, largely thanks to university - but I've finally got back into the swing of my ASCW 0/0/0/0 game.

Here's the last update, we have now reached January 2017

(If you have not seen one of these posts from me before... beware, they get very, very long)

So first off, summary of the world of wrestling.

USA

TCW retain an ironclad grip of the #1 spot, cruising to the Promotion of the Year award in spite of few particularly great cards. Their champions consist of Fumihiro Ota (Five time All-Action champion), Guide (Three time International champion), the newly minted Amazing Bumfholes, and Tom 'The Billion Dollar Man' Gilmore, 2016's wrestler of the year. - he beat 2016's veteran wrestler of the year Bryan Vessey in April for it and hasn't looked back since, turning in a lot of really good matches.

Their main event picture includes most of the same cast as last time - Gilmore, Cornell, John Anderson, Tornado, RDJ, Vessey and Jack Bruce. However the undoubted shocker is that off the back of his championship-winning 'The Firm' team with Koshiro Ino... Danny Fonzarelli is a main eventer. This is possibly because his psychology has grown to a pretty impressive 86, but still... Fonzie. Wow.

UMC: Scout, Guide, Rich Money, Wolf Hawkins, Ino, Joey Minnesota, Rick Law and the still-trucking 55 year old Sam Keith. Truly a man of steel.

Their midcard and below has an interesting and eclectic mix of talent, both young and old, including guys like Brent Hill, Genghis Rahn and Rocky Golden, but also the Bumfholes, Jack Griffith, Ernest Youngman, Mario Alessio and Dan Stone Jr. Definitely some guys there you'd like to see higher up the card, especially considering how dang old so much of the main event scene is.

The bottom of the card is still basically a cruiserweight division - American Elemental, Ota, Mikey James, Harry Allen, Quentin Queen, Blackfire, Elliot Thomas... oh and Texas Pete and Sgt. Bubba Lee West. No idea on that one.

SWF have undergone an interesting renaissance, as I mentioned not too long ago. Richard Eisen retired in September, leading to Eric taking over and appointing Jack DeColt as head booker, who took the very wise decision of putting the belt on Marc DuBois rather than The Force. Greg Black and Jack Giedroyc have the tag team titles, whilst Valiant holds the North American strap.

Their main event scene is still pretty uninspiring, because apart from Marc, the only good workers are declining: Marc, Eric Eisen, Joe Sexy, Kurt Laramee, The Force, Remo, Lobster Warrior, Runaway Train and Paul Huntingdon.

They have some good workers lower down the card, including Freddy Huggins, Robbie Retro, James Prudence, Sammy Bach, Jay Chord, Greg Gauge, Darryl Devine (:mad:) and some pretty good gens - it simply remains a matter of whether or not the AI are going to actually push anyone. From what I know of long term sims, apparently this is pretty unlikely... which makes it in turn pretty unlikely they'll catch up to TCW.

UPSW are turning into a complete joke. Their champion is Ross Henry (a future worker who is in fairness pretty good), but their only other main eventers are Bruce the Giant and T-Rex, and the upper midcard is Henry Lee, Andre Jones and Atom Smasher. I doubt they'll hit National again, and given their roster almost entirely consists of has-beens and have-nots, I'm in a few ways surprised they're even still Cult.

At a regional level, there isn't really a heck of a lot going on. It's been mostly status quo this year (for the other promotions at least, I'll get to ASCW in a while). I suppose of interest is that Mean Jean Cattley has won the Rip Chord Invitational in back to back years AND now holds the Mid Atlantic Championship (his fourth reign). There's also the fact that Gareth Wayne took over as owner and head booker of RIPW after Professor Nero retired, and he signed Garry the Entertainer and The Architect into development.

CZCW are doing pretty well - they managed a B- in every show the entire year, and they've retained a quite consistently strong roster too. If they were in a situation to be in regional battles they'd probably be dominating them. Unless of course they were against me too, but they'd definitely be hitting second place every time even were that the case. XWA have made a good start in their first couple of years in the business. They're making strong ratings considering their product and relative new-ness, and have consistently gained popularity all year. I like seeing them do well, they've given a lot of my undercard second homes.

Canada:

NOTBPW have solidified their grip on National status with a rock solid Canadian title reign courtesy of John Maverick. Their main event is old - Nate Johnson is the youngest at 40, but as TCW have proven, age doesn't have to be a barrier (I'm reminded of that old 'Nation of Terry Funks' saying...). They just recently added Steve DeColt back to the mix too, so only good can come from that. Oddly it was only to a PPA, not that I'm complaining (he works for me too, after all). Might be a financial thing.

CGC, conversely, can be summarised with a resounding 'meh'. Their champion is Shane Nelson, and their other main eventers are Alex DeColt, Ryan Powell, Steve Frehley and Vengeance (Jack and Ricky both left this year, citing the desire to work for bigger promotions). They've been ambling along with B-s and the odd B and C+ all year, never really positioned to make a serious run at National. They have some decent workers, but these are largely overshadowed by a crowd of mediocre ones.

Japan:

Unexpectedly, WLW dropped to Cult. I really didn't see that coming, with the quality of cards they'd been putting on. I think they just lost a few key National battles and paid for it. Their main event is still awesome: Champagne Lover, Emerald Angel, Magnum Kobe, Nichiren Amagawa, Sean Deeley (champ) and The Great Hisato. Again, I'm just really surprised. They seem like they should've done much better - they also have Buddy Garner, Marcos Flores, The Tic, gen young wrestler of the year 2016, Tsuramatsu Yoshihara... the amount of talent on their roster is incredible, especially in terms of young up and coming workers like Stealth Z, Snow Storm, Masa Kurata, Hugh de Aske and Amazing Fire Fly.

Expectedly, GCG dropped to Cult. Frankly I'm amazed at how regularly they claw themselves back to National, because so much of their roster is physically destroyed thanks to their intense product. Their champion is 5-time winner Hiroyasu Gakusha, and he's on orange head and torso, pretty much wrecked at 37. Some guys are under 30 and suffering limb damage. I'm hoping to prise Matt Keith from them before they ruin him.

BHOTWG are coasting along just fine. Their main event is pretty old (an ongoing theme, you'll notice), but they're shot through with talent, so it shouldn't be a massive problem. And hey, age doesn't matter when it's guys like Eisaku Hoshino, Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri (only 35 in any case) and Tadiyuki Kikkawa. My favourite part? The Rebellion hold a main event belt each. Miyamae is Burning World Champion, Shimedzu is King of Fighters. Amazing. Elemental III is holding the Junior Championship, and in what's probably one of the most unusual turns of fortune I've seen in the game, Martin Heath is working in their junior division.

To round off the big players, PHGW are murderising their talent even worse than GCG. I don't think there's a guy over 27 working for them without some form of condition problem. It's pleasant to see Mito Miwa holding the Glory Crown though, I guess. They have some good young workers too, but I'm not sure any of them will develop into main event players before being physically damaged. I can only see it being downhill for them.

Mexico

SOTBPW are National, Ollie and MPWF are Cult, MHW are Regional. I can't see SOTBPW retaining their spot for long, purely because their track record at National has been dire, and they've dropped every single time they've got there so far. It's not that they don't have good workers, just not that many great ones (Champagne Lover left some time ago, Pablo Rodriguez was retied through injury in year two ish), and that means they lose out to TCW and SWF in National battles almost every time.

Nothing particularly interesting in the other promotions, except possibly Campeon Jr being the current and now five time Campeon de universal in Ollie, which I found pretty funny, considering his biography.

Elsewhere...

Too lazy to recap. It's pretty much same old, same old.

-

Now for the home front. We managed to hit B- popularity at home in July, which also coincided with what I've been wanting to try for some time; a concerted push for Cult. With the Economy and Industry on the up (currently 47 and 59 respectively), I decided that the time was right and began running shows in various regions to bolster my popularity. For much of the year my schedule was two shows in the Great Lakes, followed by one in either Mid Atlantic or Tri State, and a fourth in either New England or the South East, something which has got us to D- in the two former and E- in the two latter. I predict Cult in either the tail end of 2017 or early 2018, and what's more, Cult where I SHOULD be able to sneak writtens.

The other big news is that with imports from the 97 CVerse, I managed to secure a TV deal. It only shows in Great Lakes, Mid south and Mid West, but considering those last two were at 0 popularity and after four shows they're now both at four, I'd consider that to be a gain. The deal is pretty lousy (100/90 split on revenue and costs) and only an hour, but our first TV month signified unprecedented profits of $585,000 (owing to the tons of ticket sales from holding all the shows in the Great Lakes), so I'm not complaining. When negotiations come around again I'll look into getting a deal on a more expansive network (and a better deal, full stop), but the exposure is definitely going to help in the short term.

The roster was shaken up quite a bit this year thanks to raids from various angles (mostly TCW and SWF), resulting in some very interesting signings - and as per usual, probably a lot more guys than I should sign, but oh well. Sad feelings though... a lot of the guys that have left were real favourites.

I kind've had to rewrite a lot of the faction storyline on the fly thanks to this. (Chain of Destiny vs. Generation Now vs. All-Star Soul) I'd initially planned to turn Zimmy Bumfhole back heel and cash in the totally-not-a-money-in-the-bank rip off Golden Opportunity on his ally, Darryl Devine, but with the former going to TCW, his position was filled by Mario Alessio instead (who uh... also signed for TCW). Fortunately just as that happened, inspiration struck and I had Samson Barclay (user character) win the title (my gut instinct proving pretty damn good... as the other competitor, Darryl Devine, signed for SWF right afterwards). Effectively the factions are still intact, but Barclay seems to have some kind of leverage over owner and authority figure Jordan Brigstock, allowing him to swing many decisions in his direction. The reveal is set for the early months of 2017, and from there I figure that it'll just be a matter of deciding from a small pool who gets to bring the conspiracy down.

- My favourite part of the warfare storyline though, was the slow burning face turn of Nelson Callum and Buddy Garner, who were originally foot soldiers in Generation Now (DeColt's stable). The head honchos of the stable got more and more tired of GarLum's repeated failures, and when Roger Cage managed to bring the Ring Generals into the fold, they were given an ultimatum to either shape up or ship out. Although Alicia Strong managed to save their skins twice, Callum and Garner were eventually axed and beaten down.

Cue a vast improvement in form as this lit a fire under them both and the newly face team ran riot over the tag team division, to the point where they managed to end the massive winning streak and title reign of Chain of Destiny's Crippling Crew (Brooke Tyler and Remmy Honeyman) before beginning to feud with The Ring Generals and Generation Now's hired muscle, The Solution. At this point, it was revealed that Alicia Strong had been dating Nelson Callum all this time, hence her constant interventions (leading to her own face turn). Unfortunately I lost both Garner and Alicia to WLW and SWF, meaning I had to replace Garner on the team, but it did lead to a three way battle between The Generals, Callum and his new partner, and The Solution (who decided they cared more about the gold than the money). Fun storyline, especially revising and salvaging as I went along.

All-Star Championship Wrestling

Product:

'New School'

Traditional: Key Feature

Mainsteam: Heavy

Modern: Medium

Lucha Libre: Medium

Performance = Popularity, simple, unsubtle and unrisky gimmicks preferred, very favourable towards sponsorship.

Medium Face/Heel divide, Integrated women's wrestling and an 80% match/angle ratio.

Match Lengths: 6/12/18

Based in the Great Lakes (B-), $5,958,874 in the bank.

Roster Review

Main Event

Acid - Came along towards the end of the year after TCW let him go (he picked a fight with Tommy Cornell, big mistake). Obviously a good hand for our level even at 39, and quite popular too. He hasn't really had much storyline involvement, so he's just a bit of a body right now. The match grades are well worth his fee, although he's had a couple of incidents, so I'll have to keep an eye on his discipline.

Chance Fortune - He enjoyed a pretty good 2016, although he's been relegated to second-string face much of the time. He wins a lot more than he loses, but he never really mounts a serious title challenge. Right now, that seems like where he's probably going to stay unless he improves, as he doesn't quite have the ability to truly headline. Still, he's 37 and not declining, so he apparently has time on his side.

Fox Mask - Chance fares better than Fox Mask though. Similarly, he doesn't quite have the ability to hold down a spot at the very top, and he doesn't have charisma and mic skills to protect him in the way that Chance does. The Mask gets to be competitive, but he doesn't get a lot of wins - jobber to the big stars.

Jack DeColt © - Not quite sure how this happened either... current holder of my All-Regional title, a belt I created to anchor the shows I was putting on in my less popular regions. He just wound up getting very popular for me. He outgrew CGC and left, and much like Steve last year, I managed to snag him (sadly I couldn't get Ricky... he thinks he'll get more work in Canada). Great on the mic, but not the best in ring talent. I'm considering letting him go once his contract expires to save money - I can only see his head booker spot for SWF being problematic (it's already made booking him awkward due to clashes), and he's also top of my time decline list.

Johnny Bloodstone - Repeat the 'Too popular for Canada' story. Absolutely awesome talent and I will wring every little bit of use out of him that I can. He's running the gimmick of a clinical machine... only a good guy, and he's definitely caused Samson Barclay a few problems. One of the guys I'm considering to take the big belt next.

KC Glenn - He's back! SWF inexplicably let him go in May, so I immediately re-signed him. Naturally he's an even better worker than before, and this time around I don't care about pushing him too hard, as even if I'm prudent, it's entirely possible Japan will come calling (he's at C+s across the whole country). His gimmick is that he's obsessed with destroying all the groups occupying ASCW - basically he's sick of the faction warfare and he's taking out everyone and anyone that's affiliated with one of the major stables. Kind've leaning tweener, but he butts heads with the heels a lot more, so there you are. The other candidate for winning the title, and I'm more inclined towards him because that'll allow me to tie off the faction warfare storyline.

Samson Barclay © - The evil mastermind role beckons once again, and I don't feel guilty at all for pushing my user character, xP. He's become a very talented worker over the years, and this reign is pretty deserved - his first substantial taste of gold since the beginning of 2013. He'll continue to look very strong in the early months of 2017 thanks to the mysterious 'leverage' he has over Jordan Brigstock, so far extending to a screwy referee and some advantageous matches, but I can't see him holding the title past June or so. I'm so proud of his entertainment skills, they started at 42/64/49, after seven years? 82/88/72.

Steve DeColt - I actually thought I was set to lose him towards the end of the year, as I mentioned earlier, since he signed for the National NOTBPW. Apparently not though, as he only went on a PPA. Continues to deliver great matches and promos and STILL not declining at 43 years of age. He's the current holder of the Golden Opportunity, and has been biding his time on cashing in, although he was at one point blocked from doing so by KC Glenn.

The Future - (Steven Parker) The sneakiest man in ASCW has had a low key year, but a lot of seeds have been planted, and they'll bear fruit in 2017 and beyond. He's still Steve DeColt's second in Generation Now, but he's been helping out Barclay and his men, as well as a few other heels, allegedly to 'stay on their good side' - he's set to betray DeColt when he attempts to cash in the briefcase and join Chain of Destiny (Barclay's stable) whereupon he will probably immediately start plotting to betray him too... all for the purposes of his 'long game' Yeah. The guy's got a serious case of chronic backstabbing disorder.

Upper Midcard

Brooke Tyler - The most dominant tag team champs in ASCW history lost their titles in mid 2016, and Tyler and Honeyman have had serious trouble getting momentum going since then. They're trying to rebuild their winning streak (which was toppled at 45 wins and 49 matches undefeated over three years), but have been suffering set back after set back and getting into constant arguments with each other. I'm not sure whether or not I'm splitting the team yet, but if I do, Brooke will be turning face and getting a solo push (after a small feud), and Remmy will get a new partner.

D.C Rayne - Shockingly turned heel for the first time in his ASCW run, apparently at the whims of Samson Barclay. It's not clear precisely why the Natural Storm are working for him yet, but they're providing some formidable muscle. I'm undecided, but 2017 could witness their fourth ASCW tag team title reign. Otherwise it was a fairly innocuous year for Rayne and Howard, as they weren't really involved in the main faction storyline and so spent a lot of time treading water.

Eddie Howard - See DC, although he did get a couple of singles outings last year. The Natural Storm are just the rock of the division, although several teams have A* experience now.

Erik Masterson - (Erik Strong) Increasingly looking like more and more of a threat as Samson Barclay's personal hit man. Taking out targets seemingly at will and sometimes just for kicks. I still love his gimmick, even though I guess I've effectively got a sociopathic wrestler with it. Oh well. I'm having a blast booking it, and his feud with Jack DeColt has been very good so far - helped by the fact they have good chemistry.

Julius Moor - Far from a great worker, I kind've took a punt on his charisma, popularity and menace. So far it's been working out, and protected he makes for a useful talent, particularly with his other employment being USPW, which gets him a lot of exposure. Probably won't do a whole lot story wise as he isn't good enough in the ring, but the discovery of great chemistry teaming with Bloodstone can only help him.

Lenny Brown © - Current Young Lion champion and has been for much of the year. He became a member of Chain of Destiny after winning the strap in a multi-man match, leading to an ongoing enmity between him and former champion Giant Brody. As I suspected, all Lenny needed was an opportunity, because he's seriously taken off in both popularity and ability, and has been looking more and more like a future star. He's not the finished article yet, but he's only 24, he's got time.

Matty Faith - ...Don't judge me. Part of my apparently obligatory section of bad workers, but he HAS been improving... which at his level of direness, isn't hard to do. Still, he's popular and his rate of improvement leads me to believe he has high destiny, and if nothing else he's going to get very good entertainment skills. Currently feuding with Brendon Idol in your archetypal 'veteran demands respect from upstart youngster' storyline.

Rayne Man - Brought in as filler, largely. He's solid and over (though sadly declining at 30), so he makes a useful hand. He's in a storyline with Lenny Brown right now in an attempt to brush up Lenny's performance skills, but I'm not sure if I'll keep him beyond his current contract (13 months remaining), as I have a big roster already and he doesn't bring anything spectacular to it and doesn't count as a project like Matty.

Remmy Honeyman - See Brooke Tyler. I'm attempting to develop him into the new Robert Oxford, and his performance skills are definitely getting up there.

Midcard

Ant-Man - ...Wait, what? This has to be to do with his working with USPW, because I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with me. *checks record* yeah he lost every single match he had for me last year. So uh... jobber. Yup. Sorry Johnny.

Ashley Grover - Little storyline impetous but a lot more involvement, as she's a Hot Prospect (which I never picked up on), but is now 28 years old, so really needs the opportunities to improve. She'll possibly get a title feud this year, as she's been popping good ratings, and her team with Regular Joe just hit A* experience.

Berik © - And suddenly, a good guy! Became champion when I was forced to shotgun the tag titles off Callum and Thompson Diaz when Callum signed for SWF, and became face by refusing to turn over said belts to the Ring Generals. The Solution are now feuding with both the Ring Generals and Natural Storm, though they probably won't keep the belts for too too much longer. Still improving as a worker, and The Solution are yet another team that netted A* experience in 2016.

Brendan Idol - I have... no idea where this came from. Not the card position, the increase in ability. Idol's stats went through the roof in 2016 (compared to his starting point anyway) - obviously the exposure as part of a stable was the opportunity he needed. Feuding with Matty Faith as I mentioned earlier, because he's got quite a bit to teach.

Dean Waldorf - Speaking of big improvements... Dean really upped his game this year too, probably another example of the benefits of more depth to my roster and the sheer number of shows I've been running. He's developing into a very promising technician (if he continues at this rate, he'll be awesome), and his performance stats aren't too shabby either. As previously stated, currently feuding with The Solution and Natural Storm. I think the Generals are likely to win the titles this year, largely thanks to the political points he gained by being the only guy on my roster who would become head trainer for my dojo.

Giant Brody - Not 100% sure what I'm doing with him. I sort've teased a face turn for a bit but I'm not confident enough in his lousy face performance ability to actually go with it. He might just wind up perpetually being your generic big-guy muscle, which is I suppose better than nothing.

Harry Lawler - Back burner of a year for Blitz Off! Lawler needs more work, performance-skills wise before I can really get behind him, but I can see an eventual push for the team once they both sharpen up.

Jeremiah Moose - As Lawler. Blitz Off!'s problem is that they just don't stand out in any area. Their abilities are workable, but no more than that - nothing about their top rows or performance stats is really that remarkable, so there are always better options to put in the title mix.

Lance - See Berik. His performance stats are getting especially good.

Marv Statler - Hasn't taken off in quite the same way as Dean, but has been developing quite nicely in any case.

Rudy Velasquez - Eh. Decent worker and over enough to account for most of his flaws. I've never been that enthusiastic about him though, given I'm 99% sure I originally signed him because he was friends with Greg Gauge.

Steel - He's... okay. If he were getting more matches, then he'd probably be making bigger strides, but there largely always seems to be better options. Keeping him around since he's loyal to my user character though.

Thompson Diaz - Had a great year, thanks in no small part to subbing in for Buddy Garner as tag team champion when he left for Japan. Currently acting as a maverick kind of face - he resents that The Solution are suddenly 'the good guys' when they're responsible for the 'injuries' to Nelson Callum that forced him out of the company, and wants to get back at them. He's made some big strides throughout the year, and if he keeps improving he'll turn out to be a great worker.

Lower Midcard

Acid II - I've had my eye on him for a while, but predominantly signed him to keep Acid sweet (as I knew I wouldn't be using him as much as he'd want for a main eventer). Mostly he's just been teaming with his mentor as 'Corrosion'. He's not a bad worker, but probably needed more experience when he was younger.

Connie Morris - Hit time decline, but still a good hand for matching the rookie heels against. She's unlikely to ever really get a concerted push, but she's very reliable.

Felipe Caballero - I am pretty sure that our Next Big Thing worked every single show in 2016, apart from the handful he was unavailable for owing to him getting picked up by OLLIE (immensely pleasing, as they're Cult and have TV). He's improved MASSIVELY thanks to all these matches, particularly his entertainment stats and psychology. He might get a push in 2017 - he certainly deserves to at least start getting some storylines. Less pleasing: MHW hired him. I don't like my workers getting employed by high-danger, high intensity promotions.

Regular Joe - See Ashley Grover, though he has the benefit of already having quite impressive performance stats.

Richie Riggins - WHHHHHY. WHHHHY DO I KEEP RE-SIGNING YOU!?

Teddy Edwards - (Alex Braun regen) Teddy comes with a good pedigree in Japan, having been a WLW Tap-Out, WEXXV Blood Brother and EX2010 Triple Crown champion. He has C+s across the entire top row and C+s to Bs in the performances. A future big name if I can avoid him being stolen.

Opener

Ariel Breaks - Barclay's as of yet unrevealed leverage over Brigstock. She's the boss's girlfriend, and Barclay's henchmen have kidnapped her. So far it's been hinted at (getting put in unscheduled matches, getting beaten down along with others, being accompanied by Hugo Makela under the pretence of 'scouting') but nothing concrete has been shown. She's a good talent with potential, and this is my way of getting her more exposure.

Mega Mite - Still needs more matches.

Pip Ryker - Heel jobber. Has to improve more before getting anywhere substantial.

Wade Orson - He's back! I needed more roster bulk (by the standards of my gigantic rosters) and since he'd worked for me before and had the overness and ability, I brought him in again. He's only had a handful of matches so far, but they've been invariably good performances.

Enhancement Talent

Audrey Ryker - See her brother.

Bernice Stevenson - A lot more over than she was at year start, but hasn't budged. She'll rise eventually - she's too good not to (B+ in brawling, B- in psychology and A* in basics at 23).

Injured

Javier Mereno - Tore his rotator cuff for the second time, working for the SAME company (bloody EX2010). Surgery has reduced his time out, but he's still looking at 8 months on the shelf, which is really going to derail the push-by-association he was enjoying by teaming with Felipe.

Staff

Heather Halo - Vastly exceeded expectations this year by jumping five points in refereeing to 73. I guess it has to be all the experience she's getting considering I'm running so many shows.

Hugo Makela - A gain of six points in charisma means he's developing even more value as a mouthpiece. He's an insufferable PitA backstage, but hasn't done anything bad enough to warrant punishment, surprisingly.

Jordan Brigstock - See Samson Barclay for his storyline involvement. Still working as my authority figure, and he's becoming a real MVP on the microphone (80/88/66). His announcing stat saw a late jump this year as well, so he's reached 76 in that.

Lew Rose - Jumped up to an 88. There's still some awkwardness with scheduling, as he puts his RAW work first, but that's relatively easy to get around, and won't be a problem once I hit Cult (I'll leapfrog them in prestige).

Mr Smith - (Steve Smith) Good hand. Not improving but the best available announcer right now.

Original Lone Rider - 90 rated road agent makes him more than good enough for our level and probably the best available right now at a reasonable price.

Richard Freebush - Managing the same set of clients (ad also got picked up by BSC). He hasn't got much better, but hasn't had a whole lot of opportunity to improve, and was already pretty good in any case.

Sara Silver - No major comments to make. Her skills have crept up slightly, and she's still more or less the best available.

-------

Finito! I applaud you if you got all the way through that. If you've got any questions about the game world or how specific workers are doing, feel free to ask.

EGADS! Blake Trask. That was a huge post. You're game looks awesome though. I have no idea how you track so many workers and storylines but i'll have to give you huge props for it.

I mostly run small or regional promotions and i can say that i haven't touched a national or higher game since i bought this game. I'm kinda scared to run something that complicated but maybe soon.

Pretty impressive stuff, out of curiosity how is MAW doing in your game? I'm a fan of it as it's my favorite promotion in the game. I don't know why, but i just really like MAW.

If GCG are physically destroying Matt Keith, where is Greg? He is a great replacement to his brother.

Greg is midcarding for SWF, who he's been with since 2013 (technically late 2012, as he went to RIPW for a short spell). He held the tag titles briefly with Grandmaster Phunk He worked for me for a while.

EGADS! Blake Trask. That was a huge post. You're game looks awesome though. I have no idea how you track so many workers and storylines but i'll have to give you huge props for it.

I mostly run small or regional promotions and i can say that i haven't touched a national or higher game since i bought this game. I'm kinda scared to run something that complicated but maybe soon.

Pretty impressive stuff, out of curiosity how is MAW doing in your game? I'm a fan of it as it's my favorite promotion in the game. I don't know why, but i just really like MAW.

Mostly I wing it. The amount of storylines I've rewritten and come up with as I go along is enormous. Glad you enjoyed reading the post. I have WAY too many workers whatever size company I'm booking.

MAW is under the care of Jay Chord, and being booked by Vin Tanner of all people (retired). They're doing pretty good. Mostly high C+ shows with the occasional B-. Mean Jean's their champ, as I mentioned, with their other main eventers being Jay, Kid Toma and Rayne Man. Jay could carry them a long way on his back, considering his SWF employment. If he gets more popular, (currently at C- in the mid atlantic), he'll be able to pop amazing ratings.

They have hardly any of their original roster though - only Lisa Bowen, Marv Ernest, Jay, Mean Jean and Cam Vessey.

Great update BlakeT

Any chance of a quick summary of the NSW grads so far?

Andrew Lee: Working for NWF and HIW, has had a couple of title matches but no major pushes.

Apollo Prince: NWF and MOSC, although he had a stint in HIW too. Nothing amazing.

Beau Boulder: Unemployed.

Bedlam: Jobbing for NWF (he's yet to win a match in three years)

Brickhouse Balder: Unemployed, but a lot of independent work.

BW Eddie: Been with MOSC for quite a while but hasn't really done much for them.

Cain Carlile: Unemployed.

Cliff King: NWF.

Clubber Kohl: Unemployed, which surprises me as he's pretty good.

Dane Rowley: Unemployed.

Doomsday: Unemployed, had a couple of AWFUL matches on the independents.

Dwayne Dark: Unemployed, though he did have stays with both NWF and HIW.

Edison Silva: HIW, largely terrible matches though.

Evan Alpass: Unemployed.

Ferdinand Arneaux: Unemployed.

Fink Finkleton: Unemployed.

Grave Digger: NWF, where he has lost almost every single match he's been in, though he did manage a decent 'feud' with Wade Orson over their Wrestling Spirit title.

Ian Rosa: Unemployed.

Jackie Goldstein: Unemployed.

Joe Simpson: HIW, where his record has got worse every year, though his match grades have improved.

Kelvin Badberry: Unemployed.

Leigh Burton: Unemployed, though he had good run of matches for NWF (and also worked for me at one point as a jobber).

Mark Adonis: HIW and MOSC, where he's had a roughly 50:50 split in victories, though by regional standards quite a lot of matches.

Martin Bloydell: Undeservedly unemployed.

Mass Hulk: EWA, teaming with Mammoth regen Albert Spratt

Michael X: Was incredibly prolific for 21CW back in the day, but has had a grand total of one match since they shut in 2013.

Ricky Storm: Also worked for me. Currently NWF and HIW, where he isn't getting too many matches, but a couple at least.

Sharif: Unemployed.

Sifu: HIW and (freshly) NWF, formerly MOSC. Pretty good grades are being turned out.

Smiling John Smithie: Unemployed.

The Damned: Unemployed. The psycho.

The Grappler: Unemployed, managed a D- rating on an independent show which for the British scene is incredible.

Viktor Beskov: Unemployed.

War Machine: The success story, since he works for ROF and NWF and has popped a fabled B- (teaming with Dom Henderson against UK Dragon and Daniel Black Francis). Lots of matches, fairly good ratings, although not many wins.

Yuri Iliakov: Unemployed.

Sorry Blake - didnt mean for you to be reporting on 45 different workers. Didnt think that through well did I?

War Machine is an underrated guy IMO.

if Danny Patterson , Beast Bantom and a few others didnt exist he'd be a star.

thanks for laying it out - it looks like a great gameworld.

Im about to start a WWE game using MCD October 2011 mod. My plans as of now is to have Ziggler drop the US title to Ryder then move Ziggler into a triple threat feud with CM Punk and Del Rio for the WWE Title. I rehired Mickie James and having her join Natalya and Beth in the DOD. Going to feud Brock lesnar with the Undertaker on Smackdown! but first going to have a mini fued with Henry and Taker for the World title. Also on Raw DX are back to feud with The Outsiders. Cena and Rock feuding with Awesome Truth.

War Machine is an underrated guy IMO.

if Danny Patterson , Beast Bantom and a few others didnt exist he'd be a star.

Agreed about War Machine.

I've managed to get War Machine quite over in my game, despite his somewhat lacking endurance. At the moment he's only one of three guys in my promotion that can't go for at least 20 minutes (which is the minimum for my main eventers.)

I've actually used him in 3 different companies during this particular save. I managed to get him up to about a C+ so far in both the UK and Europe (home of my current promotion) and got him up to a C- in Mexico while I was running a company down there.

Richie Riggins actually appears to have a high destiny stat in my local to global (currently at small) game. I'm actually considering bringing him (or Giant Brody) to the main event scene and beat the current champion Jack Miracle (aka Jack Avatar). Richie is also the one person besides Miracle and Larry Wood who were part of the original roster who never left the promotion so I kind of want to reward his longevity.

I also want to make a Western-themed stable (Cowboy Buck Winchester, Marshall Dillon, and Bradley Blaze). Problem is Buck and Bradley have awful chemistry together and there's no real tag division to speak of anyway

Archived