What's going on in your game?

Is it Vader? :)

The rest of the stuff you have going on sounds SO much better than my game!! I'd be pumped to play that! Probably helps it seems you know your wrestling history better than me but then again that could cause problems as well.

Nah it's actually Sid Vicious working under the mask. Been thinking about bringing Vader in though. Right now I'm trying to decide who to switch Luger with in the 4 Horsemen, cause I want to phase him out, due to his poor matches and constant problems with steroids. I'm thinking Vader might be a good option for that. Thanks, yeah I love wrestling during this time, I was only about 4 years old, but i remember watching it with my brother, and then of course over the years ive gone back and watched everything (WWF related, and a little bit of the NWA stuff) on videos. So yeah, this is my favorite time period by far. It's fun to try to stay true to the time, but put your own spin on it I think. Your save sounds very fun as well.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest codey
I've been playing a ZEN game, and about a year in, I'm making a slow transition to turn it into a more cutting-edge product. I'm going to make some tweaks that make it pop=performance. Right now, I book it as pure comedy almost, but I think RAW already has that market cornered, so I want to present more serious matches, featuring a lot more high flyers and the like.

In the Golden Age thread over in the Mod forum, I mentioned awhile back that there were various jobbers that were missing from the mod, so I added them in. Gave them random potentials, but low enough ratings to start off so they'd be treated as jobbers.

The game never signed those guys, so eventually when I started my developmental promotion, I snatched a few up, especially one which the game kept pegging as a future star in Riki Ataki. I finally call him up after a few months after his gains in development stalled(not before he got significant gains in development), as part of a tag team with the Warlord(now called the Shogun) called the Kamikaze Express, managed by Mr. Fuji. On my most recent Wrestling Challenge, I decided that every show should have a feature match, usually a upper midcarder or higher against a midcarder or lower. I match up Ricky Steamboat against Ataki.

http://i.imgur.com/fIv7u.png

:eek:

I know that it was most likely due to Steamboat, but I have a feeling Ataki's gonna be a future superstar.

Ninth anniversary of my women's hardcore promotion, Ladies of Extreme Wrestling:

*We opened with a special dance performance from Sweet Tabitha, Kali Fornia, and Joanna Silver.

*Young Blonde Things (Maria Guest and Sandra Shine) d The Hippy and Hero Connection (Calamity Joan and Power Girl)

*"Queen of Wrestling" and LEW Champion Thea Davis makes her way down the ramp with her Queen's Guard of Juliette King and Laura Flame (the three collectively known as the Royal Court), who kneel as she makes her speech. Davis talks about Principessa, who was formerly of the Queen's Guard until she turned against Davis, and said Laura Flame (who was formerly against Davis under the guise of "Flame Monkey") made a better subject than Principessa ever was. She brings up Flame's former faction and Principessa's current, Team Overthrow (Deborah Young, Eve Grunge, and Principessa). Overthrow was started to end the Royal Court's reign of terror. Tonight however, all three members of Overthrow and all three members of the Court will face off in a six-way ladder match for the LEW title. Davis also goes over a stipulation agreed upon for the match: If a Royal Court member wins, all the Overthrow members will kneel before the Queen of Wrestling and serve under the Royal Court. However, if an Overthrow member wins, the Court will be disbanded. Davis says there's no way she will lose the title tonight, and is looking forward to making Overthrow worship her.

*The J-Kween Crew (Kendra Queen and Gypsy Rose) d. Joy Ryder and Joanna Silver

-Kendra Queen is better known as BSC's Carnival Queen Kendra, and was part of the original LEW roster working with a drug dealer gimmick. She's retired now, but came back to manage Gypsy Rose as the start of a street gang faction.

-Joanna Silver is mostly a personality but ocassionally wrestles such as now.

*Christy Higgins d. Darla Knight

-Christy Higgins was formerly partnered with Natalie DiMarco as The Death Junkies, winning the LEW Southern Tag titles a record four times (Julliette King has five reigns, but two with Deborah Young and three with Principessa). I had to get rid of DiMarco however when my boss (referee Eugene Williams) made 35 Basics a requirement to resign... and when DiMarco's contract ran up, she was only at 34.

-Darla Knight is of course Nurse Darla Knight, operating under an MMA gimmick.

*Killer Cowgirls (May Walton and Connie Morris w/ Galaxy) d. The Riot Girls (Roz Larren and Roxy Kitten w/ Kammy Ling) to retain the LEW Southern Tag Titles.

-Connie Morris returned to us after five years (under similar circumstances as DiMarco) and returned to side with her former tag partner May Walton (Ellie May Walton) and won the tag belts.

-Galaxy (Amy Galaxy) was formerly a member of the evil Les World Order militant lesbian gang, but they beat her into retirement. May Walton came to her defense that day and Galaxy has been her manager since.

-The Riot Girls were the ones that lost the titles to them. They're a punk band that was originally fronted by Eve Grunge, but turned on Eve claiming that she was hogging all the spotlight.

*Team Overthrow makes their entrance for the ladder match. The Queen's Guard emerge next, stopping to kneel at the bottom of the ramp. Then "God Save The Queen" by the Sex Pistols plays as Davis is caravaned to the ring by dressed-up ring crew folks and dressed in regalia.

*Principessa wins the 6-Woman ladder match for the LEW Championship

-This makes Principessa only the third two-time LEW Champion (Thea Davis was first, then Eve Grunge)

-Due to the stipulation, Thea Davis' Royal Court is disbanded, though I might keep Flame and King as a heel tag unit for a while.

-Team Overthrow will also disband, but only because their sole purpose was to get rid of the Royal Court.

-This ends the six-month faction war, while also being another chapter in Davis' rivalries with Deborah Young and Principessa.

LEW...

Love these updates raven. Also some great tag names in there. Riot Girls and Death Junkies in particular. I might actually have to run a ladies game on the back of this (and because Killer Kass just debuted in another game of mine)

In the Golden Age thread over in the Mod forum, I mentioned awhile back that there were various jobbers that were missing from the mod, so I added them in. Gave them random potentials, but low enough ratings to start off so they'd be treated as jobbers.

The game never signed those guys, so eventually when I started my developmental promotion, I snatched a few up, especially one which the game kept pegging as a future star in Riki Ataki. I finally call him up after a few months after his gains in development stalled(not before he got significant gains in development), as part of a tag team with the Warlord(now called the Shogun) called the Kamikaze Express, managed by Mr. Fuji. On my most recent Wrestling Challenge, I decided that every show should have a feature match, usually a upper midcarder or higher against a midcarder or lower. I match up Ricky Steamboat against Ataki.

http://i.imgur.com/fIv7u.png

:eek:

I know that it was most likely due to Steamboat, but I have a feeling Ataki's gonna be a future superstar.

The good chemistry may have made a big difference too. What are Ataki's stats? Is he rated too high in most categories?

Running my awesome NWA game (Three player game as MAW, CZCW and NYCW)

It's really the outside world that's been interesting me. I implemented my "rule" of every 6 months releasing from the National companies the Main Eventer/ UMC + MC/LMC + Opener/ET with the lowest momentum.

Led to some interesting shake ups. NWA got Knuckles and Flying Jimmy Foxx. SWF was forced to call up a bunch of people from devo. TCW made out like bandits. They lost Tana, Rhan and Foxx and picked up Acid and Marc DuBois.

Also, in an odd turn of events, SWF signed Jason Ariza. Never seen that before.

Running my awesome NWA game (Three player game as MAW, CZCW and NYCW)

It's really the outside world that's been interesting me. I implemented my "rule" of every 6 months releasing from the National companies the Main Eventer/ UMC + MC/LMC + Opener/ET with the lowest momentum.

Led to some interesting shake ups. NWA got Knuckles and Flying Jimmy Foxx. SWF was forced to call up a bunch of people from devo. TCW made out like bandits. They lost Tana, Rhan and Foxx and picked up Acid and Marc DuBois.

Also, in an odd turn of events, SWF signed Jason Ariza. Never seen that before.

Heh, that NWA idea sounds pretty cool. I usually try a three-brand company to simulate the territories system.

Heh, that NWA idea sounds pretty cool. I usually try a three-brand company to simulate the territories system.

I set up rules for my companies too. Only hire unemployed and age based (MAW young, CZCW prime, NYCW experienced). Using talent trades and multiple contracts I'm able to simulate the titles I want to. It's pretty cool.

The good chemistry may have made a big difference too. What are Ataki's stats? Is he rated too high in most categories?

If I remember correctly, when I added him to the game I gave him mid 30s-low 40s for most ratings outside of a few. Good selling rating, consistency, toughness and resilience, because I remember him being a pretty good jobber in his day.

Of course, as I mentioned, I gave him and most of the jobbers left out of the mod random potential, and it looks like he really got lucky! After time in developmental, and working as a lower midcarder-midcarder tag team, he's gotten to the low 60s in Rumble/Tech/Flying. He's still got a mid 50s star quality rating though, but he should be a nice solid midcard hand.

EDIT: This actually gives me an idea for a storyline down the road if Vic Steamboat keeps up his development in my developmental promotions. Hopefully he doesn't cap low in the Entertainment ratings, though overall there was a perfectly good reason why Vic was the lost Steamboat brother.

EDIT: This actually gives me an idea for a storyline down the road if Vic Steamboat keeps up his development in my developmental promotions. Hopefully he doesn't cap low in the Entertainment ratings, though overall there was a perfectly good reason why Vic was the lost Steamboat brother.

Well, yeah, the way history worked out for us. But so much of wrestling history hinges on coincidence that it seems fair to me that if the right things fell into place someone could come in leaps and bounds.

Well, yeah, the way history worked out for us. But so much of wrestling history hinges on coincidence that it seems fair to me that if the right things fell into place someone could come in leaps and bounds.

That's the fun of these historical mods, you never know :) I also play OOTP as I love sports sims, and it's fun to see how history can change. Ty Cobb never really got started due to a career ending injury, for example, while a random journeyman pitcher named Scott Chiamparino turned into the best pitcher of the 1990s in my OOTP game.

One more on the subject of unexpected stars: In my first Golden Age save that I lost when my hard drive went belly up, Paul Roma pretty much jobbed his way up the card. Before I knew it he was an Upper Midcarder, and I had pulled the trigger to give him and Jim Powers the Tag Team championship after a short winning streak of course.

NWA-TNA game, started in 1995, now in the end of 2008.

The NWA 60th Anniversary Show is coming, I tried to build long storylines for this event, to have a strong midcard and almost 4 main events.

Only 2 matches without storylines :

Matt Morgan vs John Hennigan and The Motor City Machine Guns vs Eddie Edwards & Tyler Black (they are not even a regular tag team, they just have good chemistry).

Title matches in the midcard :

X Division : Roderick Strong © vs Jay Lethal : Strong won the title from Davey Richards in February (since, Richards left me for NJPW) and defeated a lot of former champions (Austin Aries, Frankie Kazarian, Mr Aguila). Lethal had a lot of title shot since years, but never won the belt. I did not decide yet who's going to win that match, but I already know that the following challenger will be Tyler Black.

Tag Team : Kevin Steen & El Generico © vs Chris Hero & Sara Del Rey : Steen & Generico has been champions since 6 monthes when they defeated The Motor City Machine Guns at Lockdown after a long feud. Since, the two teams are feuding and already had one match, The Kings of Wrestling lost a title match as Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli. Now having another title shot with another duo.

Trios : LAX (Homicide, Hernandez, Mr Aguila) © vs Knockout (Alissa Flash, Amazing Kong, Ayako Hamada) : LAX has been dominating the Trios division with brutality, being champions since 10 monthes. In the same time, the Knockout stable has been attacking male wrestler since monthes, has a part of their revolt for sex equality. This will be their first match as Trios.

Main events : 8 wrestlers, all former World champions or soon to be.

They are my World Champions since 6 years (except Kurt Angle a month and a half, before he left me for WWE).

Adam Copeland vs CM Punk

Christian Cage vs Samoa Joe

Those matches are connected, CM Punk being a long time partner of Christian Cage, the same for Adam Copeland and Samoa Joe.

At the last PPV, Punk was the challenger to the World title, the other 3 lost a 4-Way for a title shot. At the last but one, they were all challengers in a 6-Way for the title. Before that, they were opponents in Lethal Lockdown.

So no direct feud, but I tried to kept them the higher possible on the card to have two big matches. And those are "first time ever" for one on one matches.

Sting vs Nigel McGuinness, Six Sides of Steel.

Started in 2007 summer, almost a year and a half feud.

Nigel McGuinness was jealous because Sting had a title shot (against CM Punk at the time), claiming he had his time.

Then Nigel had his title shot (at the 2007 Anniversary Show, also against CM Punk), then again in King of the Mountain, failing twice, making Sting mock him with the support of the crowd (one of my rare babyface vs heel feud).

In the beginning of 2008, they has been opponent in team matches : tag team (Sting with long time partner Adam Copeland, Nigel with circumpstance partner Christian Cage) and Lethal Lockdown.

In June, they had their first one on one match, Nigel won.

In August, a Submission Match as rematch (Scorpion Death Lock vs London Dungeon), with another victory for Nigel.

Then, he requested another match, in Six Sides of Steel, to end Sting's carreer.

The obvious way of this feud is to push Nigel McGuinness to the World title, for the December PPV in King of the Mountain

The "real" main event : Christopher Daniels © vs AJ Styles for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Former 2 times Tag Team champions, became rivals.

AJ Styles won the title in King of the Mountain in December 2007 and then was still allied with Christopher Daniels, teaming in Lethal Lockdown.

In a 6-Way for the title in June, Daniels won the title, but they still teamed together a few times.

In the last PPV, Daniels retained the title and AJ won a title shot. At this time, being a World Champion a 2nd time, a decade after the first time made Daniels become egotistical.

The rivalry between the two really became at this time and I will go crescendo to the PPV.

I'm definitly #1 in the USA, WWE moving from National to Cult, back to National, back to Cult ... ...

Each time firing and hiring wrestlers, giving me the possibility to hire some.

Most of their champions are former NWA wrestlers :

World : Kurt Angle (current), Chris Jericho (former)

Tag Team : Michael Shane & Charlie Haas (current), William Regal & Steve Corino, Bobby Roode & Stevie Richards (former)

Intercontinental : Bobby Roode (current), Rey Misterio Jr (former)

European : Ron Killings (current), Frankie Kazarian, Matt Sydal, Michael Shane, Brian Kendrick (former)

Women's : Victoria (current), Mickie James, Gail Kim (former)

Probably true although I must say I used to love Vic's ICW partnership with Jumping Joe Savoldi as The S & S Express. And not just because of Savoldi. While Vic was never going to be with his brother in the WWF, he was entertaining enough to be useful in a fed like that. Then again, we are taking about a promotion that's most notable these days for the rookie jobbers they had. Guys who would become ECW stalwarts like Tazz, Raven and Tommy Dreamer.

Playing a Road to Glory game. USPW product, 6 months/1 show touring schedule. Company is called AWA.

So far, I've had the AWA Championship held by Hugh De Aske & William Hayes. Hayes only held it for one tour before he signed a written contract with PGHW, but since there was controversy in Hayes victory, I simply made the contention null and void and awarded the title to Hugh. This has of course infuriated Ant-Man, AWA's resident superhero wannabe, who's disgusted that a no good dirty pirate like Hugh De Aske is holding the company's pride and joy hostage as his "booty". He's been trying to liberate it, but has been stymied by the fixation one Clash Rotten (New York Doll) has had on him, fighting with him time and time again after he beat and retired Elijah Harris (kayfabe, he got fired for picking a fight with AWA owner Gil Thomas, and retired 3 months later) and then Jared Johnson (signed by NOTBPW the same month he debuted).

In the AWA Tag Team Championship scene, it was first held by Team Canada, aka Davis Wayne Newton and Cal Sanders. As Newton of course got poached, they dropped the title to the Paratroopers (Adrian & Andy), who are currently feuding with Ashton & Eric Sandretti. Beside them is the new team of Cal Sanders & Mad Dog Mortimer as Axe Mad and Running Wolf & Silent Bear (Ace Youngblood) as The Nation, who are feuding.

My user character Christopher Morgan has been the resident babyface jobber to the stars, putting over every incoming heel name (and honing his skills respectably at the same time). I'm looking to put him into a feud with KC Glen though, as to improve his all round abilities. I'd hoped for a great roll from the 50 choices, but I just ended up adding +20 to my drinking. Still, I'm liking where my guy's at the moment, having wrestled indie legends like Hugh De Aske and future legends like Davis Wayne Newton & William Hayes. He's like a younger version of another avatar I have.

Probably true although I must say I used to love Vic's ICW partnership with Jumping Joe Savoldi as The S & S Express. And not just because of Savoldi. While Vic was never going to be with his brother in the WWF, he was entertaining enough to be useful in a fed like that. Then again, we are taking about a promotion that's most notable these days for the rookie jobbers they had. Guys who would become ECW stalwarts like Tazz, Raven and Tommy Dreamer.

I remember the ICW/IWCCW - wasn't a bad little fed at all, but there was a reason why there's a running joke about how the TV show kept showing the Vic Steamboat/Tony Atlas title change :D

About the show I talked yesterday : booked in the game, and my best show ever in TEW (rated 97).

NWA 60th Anniversary Show, 4 hours PPV, October 2008

71 : Matt Morgan def. John Hennigan

82 : Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley def. Tyler Black & Eddie Edwards

89 : Jay Lethal def. Roderick Strong to become X Division Champion

85 : Alissa Flash, Amazing Kong & Ayako Hamada def. Homicide, Hernandez & Mr Aguila to become Trios Champions

79 : Chris Hero & Sara Del Rey def. Kevin Steen & El Generico to become Tag Team Champions

99 : Samoa Joe def. Christian Cage

97 : CM Punk def. Adam Copeland

99 : Nigel McGuinness def. Sting inside a Steel Cage

98 : Christopher Daniels def. AJ Styles to retain the World Heavyweight title

My plans for the near future :

The female revolution will continue. The Knockout stable might won the Tag Team title in the next monthes. One member of the stable will become World Heavyweight Champion.

In the X Division, Eddie Edwards and Tyler Black will be the next challengers. Both of them might become X Division Champion.

The World Heavyweight Championship will be won by Nigel McGuinness in the King of the Mountain Match at my next PPV. Will also be in this match Daniels, AJ, Sting, and either Samoa Joe or CM Punk. I think this will be Joe, because I want to start a feud between Nigel and Punk for the next year.

Nigel might remain champion all year long, and then lose it to either Alissa Flash or Amazing Kong, who would be crown "queen of the mountain".

I was going to post the PPV in my CGC diary. However, given that it's a full write-up, I need to find the right style, the right flow to the matches/promos/whatever.

I usually write the shows as they play out in front of me; I decided to take the weird step and not do that for this PPV. Which means I had no idea what I was doing.

I recently figured out that since I know who wins the matches, I can write the majority of the show based on what I have booked, then add in fun little notes once the show is actually run.

In short, I lrn2diaried.

Edit: and Jacob Jett has terrible chemistry with Katie Cameron, according to my duped save.

I was going to post the PPV in my CGC diary. However, given that it's a full write-up, I need to find the right style, the right flow to the matches/promos/whatever.

I usually write the shows as they play out in front of me; I decided to take the weird step and not do that for this PPV. Which means I had no idea what I was doing.

I recently figured out that since I know who wins the matches, I can write the majority of the show based on what I have booked, then add in fun little notes once the show is actually run.

In short, I lrn2diaried.

Edit: and Jacob Jett has terrible chemistry with Katie Cameron, according to my duped save.

I would like to know what you mean and how you did this because it seems like an awesome way to play. PM me? I just don't fully understand your message, lol.

So after nine years, the first LEW champion, Emma Bitch, returns to the company after a return to NOTBPW. As she never actually lost the LEW title, she declared that she had the right to challenge Principessa for it. Principessa accepted, and twenty minutes, a chair-assisted chop block and a Payback later, Emma Bitch pins Principessa.

The hook is, in storyline, she was banned from the company for assaulting a staff member off-camera. This month we find out that she was brought back by new LEW commissioner, Madman Boone (also my new road agent). So now questions will be raised: Why did Boone bring Emma back? Moreover, why is he helping her win matches? What other changes does the legend of hardcore have in mind? (One of those is bringing back Militia Sister, who lost a Loser Leaves LEW match against Darla Knight, as a third commentator). And will he do anything about the hatred Deborah Young and Juliette King have for each other?

I would like to know what you mean and how you did this because it seems like an awesome way to play. PM me? I just don't fully understand your message, lol.

My bad. Let me try again, this time without trying not to spill tea on myself.

I have my CGC diary up to CGC Elimination VIII. Usually, I'll write a show as it's being run by the game. So I'm typing up the pre-show stuff as I see the notes that the match got a 58 or whatever. Then we go into the opener, some segments, blah blah now it's the main event, etc.

Instead, and this is what I assume what pretty much everyone else does, I could write the show before I actually run it (or after, for that matter). Provided that I've chosen the winner of the match, (and whether it's open, someone dominates, the finish, interference, etc.) I already have a fairly solid idea of how it's going to go. Hey, they have chemistry? That's a couple sentences, maybe a paragraph maximum, that I add to the match write-up before I post it. Any other likewise fun little moments can get added once I run the show.

In effect, this should cause the quality of that show to increase, as I now can proofread things and not post the rough draft/first thought version of the show. To this point, everything I have posted during a show (and hell, half the stuff out of it) has been posted when the game's going. Not a lot of thought beforehand (promos I typically have an idea brewing while I walk the dog).

Should being the operative, and false, word.

I've seen it done in non-hardcore indy shows.

Theoretically speaking, it'd be safer than a chair to the head, as you wouldn't really get the big WHACK sound effect using the narrow part of the chair, so you can pull it (or use your hand to make the contact, like Triple H does with sledgehammers to the head)

Instead, and this is what I assume what pretty much everyone else does, I could write the show before I actually run it (or after, for that matter).

As far as I can recall every diary writer I have spoken to writes their shows after doing the booking. What I do is copy the text from the commentary section of each segment as it is being run and paste it into Word and add in the grade. Typically I then go back through the notes and change the generic commentary for the angles into a note form of what I actually want to have happened. So, I'll copy and paste...

"Sebastian Curtis cut an interview in which he taunted Vincent I Parker."

...and in Word change it to...

"Sebastian Curtis laughs off the comments from Parker last week. Says at the upcoming PPV VIP won't stand a chance."

I also add in any necessary notes to the match reports like forgotten RA notes, any stipulations that I'm likely to forget such as special guest ref, colour or #1 contenderships. I can then move onto booking the next show safe in the knowledge that I shouldn't have any trouble writing up the next show when its turn comes.

Archived