What's going on in your game?

Help Needed

Still playing TEW 08. Playing the Cornelverse 97 mod as Philly Pro.

Jan 97 - August 97

Whistler was my original champ. But after a month he signs with RPW and as i run only one show per month i could not hotshot the title to anybody else. Therefore, I hold a tournament for the vacant title and let Krusher Karloff(B J Shearer) win it as on the previous day an article came out proclaiming Karloff to be a breakout star so i reckoned maybe he has excellent potential stat.

But to my horror, i found out that there were no menace based angles on the database and even when i go to the angle writer to write my own angles, the rated button does not show menace as an option. I got screwed and Karloff stunk up the joint dragging the prestige of the main event belt from B- to C+ in his 4 month reign. Finally, i let Chris Rockwell(Lobster Warrior) win the belt and hoping to give him a long reign as he has been getting good matches with almost everyone.

My question is is there any way that i can still write menace based angles in this game or i have to go to the editor and make changes in the database and start a new game??

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still playing TEW 08. Playing the Cornelverse 97 mod as Philly Pro.

Jan 97 - August 97

Whistler was my original champ. But after a month he signs with RPW and as i run only one show per month i could not hotshot the title to anybody else. Therefore, I hold a tournament for the vacant title and let Krusher Karloff(B J Shearer) win it as on the previous day an article came out proclaiming Karloff to be a breakout star so i reckoned maybe he has excellent potential stat.

But to my horror, i found out that there were no menace based angles on the database and even when i go to the angle writer to write my own angles, the rated button does not show menace as an option. I got screwed and Karloff stunk up the joint dragging the prestige of the main event belt from B- to C+ in his 4 month reign. Finally, i let Chris Rockwell(Lobster Warrior) win the belt and hoping to give him a long reign as he has been getting good matches with almost everyone.

My question is is there any way that i can still write menace based angles in this game or i have to go to the editor and make changes in the database and start a new game??

The way to do that is to write the angles outside of the save file, and then import them into the save, as I recall. If no one else responds, I'll check tomorrow as I still have 08 on an extra/public computer just in case.

Ah, angles... I must've forgotten to sort them out sinceI released it. The easiest thing to do would be to import all the angles from the Default Cornellverse data, assuming there aren't any name clashes you should then have all the default angles available to you. I'd suggest replacing the angle file in CV97 with the default at the database level too, they're one of a handful of files you can manually replace so there shouldn't be any problems with that. :)

still on my 1987 WWF game. A few months in, Vader is still developing well and still a main event heel. Currently just having him dominate the lower wrestlers, building his reputation and wins untill the times right to put the strap on him and start his feud with Hogan in time for 1988's Wrestlemania.

Hogans 3 year long run as champion ended in a fatal 4 way in the May supercard that included my user, steamboat and roddy Piper.

Piper won the match for his first run as the champ.

The new main event feud will be Piper v Steamboat with my user being involved in some capacity, wanting the title and trying to turn Piper to the dark side.

Hogan will be kept out of the title scene for 6 months or so with feuds against heels i believe are ready for main event and need a little push to get there such as Hercules.

Vader will then win the title and begin his feud with Hogan that will culminate at WM.

Assault Combat Wrestling - Feb 2011

CVerse, started Jan. 2010

Based in Quebec, Canada

Starting Information: New Promotion, Hard Difficulty

Currently 42 (D) Popularity in Home Region, none elsewhere

Monthly Show: ACW Rebellion

Product

Key: Daredevil

Heavy: Traditional

Medium: Risque, Modern, Hardcore

Championships

ACW Canadian (Main Event, 71 Prestige)

-Liberty (0 Defenses, d. Andre Jones at Rebellion XIII in January 2011)

-Andre Jones (2 Defenses, d. Sam Cannon [The Cannonball Kid] at Rebellion X in October 2010)

-Johnny Vicious (Hell Monkey) (0 Defenses, d. Davis Wayne Newton, Spanish Superfly & Sam Cannon at Rebellion IX in September) [Vicious refused to resign in the following month, then signed for TCW before dropping the belt]

-Davis Wayne Newton (5 Defenses, Inaugural Champion, d. Steve Flash at Rebellion II in February 2010)

ACW Assault (Midcard, 40 Prestige)

-Unclaimed

ACW Tandem (Floating Tag, 54 Prestige)

-Unclaimed

Storylines

-Liberty vs. Kid Toma

After defeating Andre Jones to take the title, Jones left the company (Jones refused to resign since I wouldn't give him an additional low level title run). Jones' former secretary/manager, Julie Forletta, brought in a replacement, another former "big leaguer" in Kid Toma, who is trying to regain the title for "the company" as I had Jones playing a 'Rich Businessman' gimmick.

-Sam Cannon (The Cannonball Kid) vs. Huey Cannonball

This feud has really been Sam putting over Huey through angles and the occasional match. Huey hasn't beaten Sam 1 on 1 yet, but he's still autopushing to Main Eventer now so the feud is probably ready for the blow-off soon. And yes, I did start the feud over the name "Cannon/Cannonball." So far Huey has stopped Sam from winning the title on numerous occasions, and in doing so, gained the services of DWN's former manager, Emily Q (Queen Emily).

-Jared Johnson vs. Steve Flash

Flash has been working with a lot of young wrestlers, just giving them match experience, similar to Christian Faith in James Casey's SWF diary(s), and in doing so, handed "Double J" his only loss so far. Johnson's looking for revenge, but Flash won't give him the match, instead continuing to work with other young wrestlers.

Just put together a new game. Going to be playing under the name Border Line Wrestling out of the Great Lakes. Got the logo from the mod section. Forget who did it though. Probably Kam. He's the man when it comes to logos. Typical international flavored roster based in the Queens of Chaos mod.

Roster looks thusly

MAIN EVENT

Bob Casey

Brady Prince

Buck Graham

The Masked Avatar (as Mystery Mask)

UPPER MIDCARD

Biff The Bruiser

Chikafusa Tadeshi

El Ladron

Frank Simmons

Fuzzy Freeman

MIDCARD

El Diamante Azul

La Criatura De La Navidad (as La Criatura Roja)

Ryan Death

LOWER MID

Surfeador Californiano (as Emilio Surfeador)

ANNOUNCE TEAM

Martin Theocott

Abi Romanov

REFEREE

Gregory Chapman

Roster skews a tad older than I had intended but a bunch of these guys are guys I've fallen flat with in the past. So hopefully I can get things off the ground with them this time. Have more tag team ideas that I usually do in the default roster as well as a potential stable if all goes right. And maybe even a wacky amnesia gimmick for Surfeador if Plan A doesn't work out with him. Chapman's on the roster because he's Canadian and I want to see if the Stones will swipe him from me the way they always do when Rob Perkins is my ref of choice. So with all these ideas it should help. Especially with training fed stalwarts like Casey and Tadeshi to support them.

The way to do that is to write the angles outside of the save file, and then import them into the save, as I recall. If no one else responds, I'll check tomorrow as I still have 08 on an extra/public computer just in case.

Ah, angles... I must've forgotten to sort them out sinceI released it. The easiest thing to do would be to import all the angles from the Default Cornellverse data, assuming there aren't any name clashes you should then have all the default angles available to you. I'd suggest replacing the angle file in CV97 with the default at the database level too, they're one of a handful of files you can manually replace so there shouldn't be any problems with that. :)

Thanks Derek and Rayelek for your help.

Will do the same and let you know.

I'm indulging my silly/wrestlecrappy side with a HGC game right now, complete with weird storylines, madcap gimmicks and the old guys being on top.

Current diversions include making the hardcore title defended almost entirely in 24/7 style matches, having the cruiserweight title defended on just about every single show in a clusterfudge multi man match, and doing everything I can to piss off Giant Redwood to see how long it will take him to crack and do something I can fire him for.

He has proved... surprisingly resilient. In spite of being squashed almost weekly, he has yet to come back with any negative incidents. He's asked for his release (which I denied), but no fights started or anything. I know firing him will annoy BLZ Bubb and Dread, but I have huge stacks of money and am making profit so I don't envisage that being a massive problem.

While CV97 is under discussion - derek, you plan on updating it for TEW13, right?

I've not decided yet. I imagine I probably will as a way to get used to the editor when that times comes, but if I do then I think this'll be the last time I update it before I pass it on to anyone else who would like to do anything with it.

I'm indulging my silly/wrestlecrappy side with a HGC game right now, complete with weird storylines, madcap gimmicks and the old guys being on top.

Current diversions include making the hardcore title defended almost entirely in 24/7 style matches, having the cruiserweight title defended on just about every single show in a clusterfudge multi man match, and doing everything I can to piss off Giant Redwood to see how long it will take him to crack and do something I can fire him for.

He has proved... surprisingly resilient. In spite of being squashed almost weekly, he has yet to come back with any negative incidents. He's asked for his release (which I denied), but no fights started or anything. I know firing him will annoy BLZ Bubb and Dread, but I have huge stacks of money and am making profit so I don't envisage that being a massive problem.

That sounds like lots of fun. I originally made the mod to play HGC from the start and I've still never played more than a few months yet. Maybe in TEW13 I'll finally get around to getting an awesome long term game up and running. :)

just started a Road To Glory game, created Tri State Pro Wrestling (Local).

I had planned on running with them for a while, started at $1,000 got em to like $9,500.

But then Exodus 2010 (Small) popped up... I had to jump ship.

If only to try and help them survive past 2010. :cool:

Plus they start with $50,000 so that's a big jump finacially, I'll take it.

Hopefully the japanese scene can enhance my user character as well.

And the ball in rolling in BLW. Inaugural champion crowned. First tag team formed. First 23k lost.

Inaugural champ would be Brady Prince having won the opening tournament over Bob Casey. And you know, for all his jobbing in his career, for all the times he's lost a tourney final for me, Bob's never taken these things well. Prince can expect a war on his hands here.

Have tried several tag teams in dark time. And while I could keep them all, only one has had the advantage of chemistry so far. But happily it's a pairing that was hired specifically to help lay the foundation of the tag division. Fuzzy Freeman and Emilio Surfeador (Californiano) under the name World of Surf. Have used Brady Prince and Buck Graham's pre-existing Maryland Alliance pairing a time or two in dark time. But the plan is for that partnership to ultimately crumble and Graham to get Jannettied.

The stable may have to wait. Nobody I've been wanting to put under Prince has gelled as well as I'd like. I'm trying to recreate the big heel stable that main events the local access indy fed here. The promotion's run as an extension of a training school and the students comprise most of the roster. But the trainers operate on TV as a heel stable known as The Veteran's Administration. So I want my own VA in TEW but the tag team part of the group hasn't come together yet. Everybody's had neutral chemistry so far. So I have combos I could do but none that excites me the way World of Surf does. I'll get stuff together though. Not having tag teams right now isn't exactly a big worry for me. The titles won't be in play until I hit Small

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather read something like that in this thread as opposed to downloading it?

That sounds like lots of fun. I originally made the mod to play HGC from the start and I've still never played more than a few months yet. Maybe in TEW13 I'll finally get around to getting an awesome long term game up and running.

It's stemming from a desire to book certain guys at the start of their career, particularly ones who in 2010 are basically beyond the point which they're going to become real stars. I like the challenge. I mean, I'm pure fantasy booking so I'm just hiring absolutely everyone I feel like instead of trying to stick to the roster, but I'm having a lot of fun doing ahistorical stuff like putting Jack Bruce and Troy Tornado in a tag team (and forming The Machines in '97)

My favourite shenanigans really are the ones revolving around making Redwood job to cruiserweights, and ensuring that Peter Valentine doesn't get on TV ever, just has a weekly dark match teaming with long suffering Paul Steadyfast, as well as the ideas that just plain amuse me, like exchanging RDJ's cowboy gimmick for a vampiric, occult style one.

Too bad most of my wrestlers have popularity in the E range...

Got news that ROH was going under and said wrestlers were going to have to look for work, so I scanned through the roster to see if there were any guys there for the picking that interested me and I found TJ Perkins(debuting under the name TJP, going to be an asset to my jr-weight division), Kory Chavis & Jon Davis, who I'm glad to shake up the tag division a bit and Kevin Steen, looking to push him from lower mid-card(his current status) to a more prominent role. Will probably stick him in some squash-match-angles to display his dominance for the next few weeks and then build him up the card with legit wrestlers as time progresses.

Just did a quick sim to 2015 after making Koki Ishibashi owner AND booker of WLW, then edited it so that he didn't want to continue as booker and I am now booker of an AMAZING WLW.

But the best was yet to come, as I looked to upgrade their shoddy announcers and commentators, I found Luis Burton. Now, Luis Burton was a random regen (w/no picture). I was amazed to find that he has NINETY-TWO CHARISMA. Even better was that he was only contracted to CWWF, and on a PPA contract. Now he's mine >:D

I am currently playing with a real world mod and im using one of the indie promotions, ECCW, and am playing as Shane McMahon, So the big story is Shane has got a group together called the Corporate Nations consisting of Sexxxy Eddy,Mike Alias, and the top wrestlers with Shane are Scotty Mac and Kyle O'Reilly.

Currently they're beating down the faces of the company and taking all the titles. Soon i want Kyle O'Reilly to get the Heavyweight title and have the group turn on him and take the belt from him.

Some people say that the announcement of the brand new TEW2013 has destroyed their motivation to play 2010. For me, it was just the opposite.

I've just started up another new game as TCW, and ALREADY things have gotten interesting. Sam Kieth has taken Aaron Andrews under his wing as a protege, so that's good. Unfortunately, Bryan Vessey thought it'd be fun to play a mean-spirited prank on Edd Stone, and started a fight. He then had the unmitigated gall to dismiss my stern warning with a "Whatever". Have fun losing to Eddie Peak, Mr. Vessey, sir.

It's been a busy game, and I have yet to book my first show.

This should be interesting. It'll be a little different from my earlier TCW games for sure. Cornelius won't let me hire guys from Cult promotions, so there'll be no Hell Machine this time around. Looks like the Gauge Brothers are a no-go as well.

Hell Monkey may team with Acid, but that is yet to be decided.

More, perhaps, as things develop.

I'm starting to get bored with LEW. It's not that it's no longer fun to book, just that my growth is being stagnant as hell (2023 and I'm still Small).

I do have a pair of troublemaker regens who are making things interesting for me, at least. And I've got Maria Guest back from USPW (at 1,500 PPA :x). And Darla Knight is going to retire soon anyway so I don't have to figure out who I'm going to cut to keep my roster even.

I also released Jen Neptune as she's Kathy's manager now and 700 dollars an appearance for a manager? Lolno.

Canadian Golden Combat

January-April

I am currently in the first week of May in my CGC save I have held 496 shows here is what has happened in game from the beginning of 2015 up until the end of April. Johnny Bloodstone is still the CGC World Champion having made 13 defenses of the belt so far. I am planning on having him lose the title to Christian Faith at Chaos In The Cage in May.

Dan DaLay is the CGC Canadian Champion having defeated Zeus Maxmillion for it back in February of 2015 Dan needed a title reign. Dan will probably end up losing the title to Shane Nelson at some point as Shane has a title reign promise in his current contract.

The Show Stealers (Aaron Andrews and Steven Parker) are the current CGC World Tag Team Champions having defeated Thrill Seeker and Shane Nelson in November of 2014.

I went international on the first day of May 2015 that’s two size jumps in one game, something I have never done before.

Finally my current feuds look like this…

Eddie Chandler vs. Chris Caulfield

Heat: 78

Started: April 2015

Have only had one match thus far

Jack DeColt vs. Davis Wayne

Heat: 86

Have only had one match thus far

Christian Faith vs. Johnny Bloodstone ©

CGC World Heavyweight Title feud

Heat: 100

Its really going to suck once TEW 2013 comes out because after its release I probably wont ever play 2010 again. So that means that this save will be no more but I am not the only one where that will be the case. I just hope that when 2013 comes out and I start my very first save with TEW 2013 (Which will be a save with CGC) that I can have the success in 2013 with CGC that I had with them in 2010. Until 2013 does come out though I am perfectly fine waiting because I have this awesome save to play.

So just had LEW's third biggest show, the Roll of the Dice randomly paired tag team tournament.

First Round:

Alison Capone and Power Girl d. "Creepy" Vicki Lawler (regen) and Jeane Roy (regen)

-There's no real storylines in play here, Vicki Lawler is a character who basically comes off as a totally creepy person and Jeane Roy is a daredevil rookie.

Natalie DiMarco and Darla Knight d. Joanna Silver and Roz Larren

Maria Guest and Sandra Shine d. Debbie Rose and Joy Ryder

-Maria Guest and Sandra Shine were originally partners in the Young Blonde Things team/stable, but Shine turned on her to partner with Roz Larren. Debbie Rose and Joy Ryder are also feuding, mostly because Capone was once part of the J-Kween Crew stable that Joy is a member of.

Black Rayne (regen) and Selina Svelte d. GypZ (Gypsy Rose) and Trudy Maxx (regen)

-Black Rayne is a vampire character, and Trudy Maxx is a daredevil who regularly teams with Jeane Roy.

Second Round:

Natalie DiMarco and Darla Knight d. Alison Capone and Power Girl

-Darla Knight and Power Girl are regular tag team partners as the Original Sinners. Darla Knight won by choking Power Girl out with a triangle choke.

Maria Guest and Sandra Shine d. Black Rayne and Selina Svelte

-Svelte is Guest's Young Blonde Things tag team partner and thus also feuding with Shine. Black Rayne attacked Selina Svelte and hit her with her "Deaths Sweet Embrace" finisher to leave her at Sandra Shine's mercy.

LEW North American Tag Match:

Brute Force Alliance © d. The Neptune Twins

-Jen Neptune is actually retired, but has been managing Kathy. Jen's contract is running out because she's too expensive to keep her, so I'm letting her go with a bang... by having the two most hated heels on the roster hit her with their tag finisher on the concrete floor.

Roll of the Dice finals:

Natalie DiMarco and Darla Knight d. Maria Guest and Sandra Shine

-Guest's comeback was supposed to be a big deal for this show, but Natalie DiMarco demanded a title and I didn't want to give her the North American Tag Titles again. So the Roll of the Dice tournament it is. Also Darla Knight is retiring soon so I'm giving her some kudos to go out on.

LEW Championship Match:

ARIHYOSHI © d. Christy Higgins (w/ Natalie DiMarco)

-Christy Higgins is a good worker and I figured giving her a main event shot was a good change of pace as there's only so many top faces for her to fight but I want her to keep the belt until Thea Davis can come win it back.

I'm planning on ending this game when my Anniversary Show rolls around to do a local to global that might actually go somewhere, I just want to give it some storyline closure.

Archived