What's going on in your game?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Playing ROF for the first time... really liking it so far... Im trying to build up a new wave of future stars... Wade Orson, Ricky Storm, Svensson, The DuPonts, the Martins and Blly Robinson being the guys im trying to build up. I really am going to be focusing on Orson, Storm and Svensson the most as they feel like equivilents to Joe/Styles/Danielson respectively.

As a team I brought up Rudy Parker(Asher Knight) and Eli Cottonwood to my NXT from FCW, I actually have big plans for the two and I consider them my little project. Well basically their gimmicks are two lifelong friends and Asher although is significantly smaller and weaker ,he looks after Eli Cottonwood because Eli is silent and can easily fall under the influence of other. So their whole life Asher has been protecting people from just using Eli as their brute for their own use. Asher also is their to make sure Eli leaves the rage in the ring where it belongs. My plan is too have multiple people try to sneak behind Asher and gain control of the big man with Asher thwarting their plans.Well eventually Wade Barrett(Still leading the nexus and basically is my top star) is gonna try to get Eli into the Nexus and Asher is gonna have to fight through the Nexus to get his best friend back.Since Eli would never hurt Asher, and the sight of Asher getting would only enrage him. The Nexus will have to hide their attacks on him from Eli. Im thinking eventually down the line, Eli catches on to what the Nexus has been doing all along. This would also provoke Eli's first promo and have him probably feud with Barrett.

Playing ROF for the first time... really liking it so far... Im trying to build up a new wave of future stars... Wade Orson, Ricky Storm, Svensson, The DuPonts, the Martins and Blly Robinson being the guys im trying to build up. I really am going to be focusing on Orson, Storm and Svensson the most as they feel like equivilents to Joe/Styles/Danielson respectively.

ROF are a great company to play as if you have the patience to have a long game.

The DuPonts can be brilliant there and I normally have some success with keeping one of the more talented monsters on the roster. Menace or Beast Bantom. War Machine if you can get him can be a star

A possibility... though in an SE fed lacking in popularity, I'm not sure that would be a good idea. If I'm not mistaken, the loss in popularity would be greater than the gains made by whomever I allowed to dominate him.

I think "Evolve Storyline" at this point is my best option, re-writing the remaining three months. I just was hoping to avoid having to do that. I just figured the loss would be a good way to advance the feud, particularly if I protected him.

I'll just have to be conscious of Byron's ways going forward, that's for sure. Plus, there is something to be said for building up the popularity of a guy that no one can steal from you.

EWA is also one of my favorite promotions in the game. And Byron can be an absolute game-changer for you. As Luchador Canadiense mentioned, he can't be stolen and, so, is great for leeching popularity from monsters. In my game, I use Danny Patterson, Bam Bam Johannson, and Hercules Johannson to dominate and in menace-based angles. Then Byron defeats them. On the flip side, I have Joey Beauchamp or Landon Mallory or Sebastian Koller similarly defeating monsters (War Machine, Beast Bantom, The Big Bad) and then eventually being able to take the belt off of Byron.

The wonderful thing about Europe is the massive amount of monsters. It makes menace-based angles pure gold.

EWA is also one of my favorite promotions in the game. And Byron can be an absolute game-changer for you. As Luchador Canadiense mentioned, he can't be stolen and, so, is great for leeching popularity from monsters. In my game, I use Danny Patterson, Bam Bam Johannson, and Hercules Johannson to dominate and in menace-based angles. Then Byron defeats them. On the flip side, I have Joey Beauchamp or Landon Mallory or Sebastian Koller similarly defeating monsters (War Machine, Beast Bantom, The Big Bad) and then eventually being able to take the belt off of Byron.

The wonderful thing about Europe is the massive amount of monsters. It makes menace-based angles pure gold.

This is my fourth or fifth game with EWA, though admittedly I rarely get much farther than the six month mark. This time I made it to 8 months, and though I managed to solve my storyline problems, my feuds ended up being not nearly as hot as I had planned going into my big show.

And the real problem is that my booking has been really weak. (The fact that I even HAD Byron losing to someone other than the #1 contender going into the big pay-per-view is dumb... I'd normally throw the remote if I saw WWE or TNA doing something that stupid.) I keep falling into the trap of trying to get everyone over, and as a result getting no one over. But I've learned a LOT from this latest go-round. It's like something clicked and I realized how my booking could be so much better.

Despite the fact that I've got Hercules as an NBT, I'm going to start a new game from scratch and apply what I have learned. Because despite the fact that I've hit the jackpot in terms of Hercules and my Hot Prospects, my promotion is sinking fast compared to my European competitors due to my own poor booking. I think I'm going to enjoy this much more if I start over and apply what I have learned.

My 1987 game is getting a bit dull now. I signed Ted Dibiase and got him over and now it is like an easy mode. He got a 100 match when he won the title from Arn Anderson, the rematch got a 99 and a title defence against Meng scored him another 100.

I'm still not global though and I can't stop until I have overhauled the WWF.

Having said that the temptation to start a 0/0/0/0 C-verse game is very strong...

Big fun being had as my final TEW 2010 games runs into Year Three. YEPW is a 0/0/0 project with limitless money (not meant to be a challenge, more for fun). I set the rule from the start that I must sign the unemployed workers and if any of my workers get picked up by another company I edit there contract with me down to 1 day and let them go. Both YEPW project workers have had legit year long reigns and while Nigel Svensson's was far more successful than Roderick Remus' One cannot help but feel Remus is still the biggest star. While Mark Smart and user character Nick Bradford have been pleasant 2012 surprises it is zero to hero Remmy Honeyman who will eventually take the title off of Remus.

Under the Main Event Joe Bennig, Antonio del Veccio, Johnny Heizinger and random gen Steve Hesketh battle for the Young Lions title. Meanwhile our tag division is strong based on Bradley Blaze and regen Juan Taylor (Team Texas) and the Good Ol' Boys. Our women's division once had Cordellia Krause aka Devil's Daughter and Amber Allen, but has been dominated by Kinuye who has won the Women's champ a shocking four times. Up and comer Grace Hesketh (another regen) has taken the division by storm as well and may just be the woman to dethrone Kinuye.

Can't wait to see what 2013 brings.

Started my last TEW10 save in the 87 mod. Meant to be acfun game... I started a new promotion in the North of England called North East Wrestling Federation. The company starts off Regional money not being important really, being a little flexible.

Sorted out my initial roster with maybe acouple jobbers, jobbers to the stars to be added as needed. about to come to my first Event with starting feuds Nick Bockwinkle v Sting,

Johnny Saint v Adrian Street ( straight laced v The Flamboyant One)- will chance to be my title feud. Saint will defend the old style in UK from the changes Street represents.

Kendo Nagasaki v My User.

Abduller the Butcher v Cactus Jack. ( Going to bring an edge to the promotion, put on hardcore matches and hopefully make Foley.

Vader will be running over the roster to eventually have a shot at the championship.

Danny Collins, Jushin Thunder Liger and Pillman will lead my Junior HeavyWeight division.

So it's 1995 in my retro game.

Steven Regal is still the top dog of my company, having traded the belt with Dave Finlay in 1994.

Juventud Guerrera, a rising star, is currently is the OWF Pacific Champion (defended in the Northwest as I'm trying to grow popularity across the US).

After Sabu took a year off from a concussion, he and Madman Pondo (collectively the Madmen) took the tag belts back and are doing pretty well.

Notably returning to the company is Ulf Herman, albeit under a mask and replacing Glen Jacobs as the evil Cold Chemical, a member of Christopher Daniels' Angel's Army (an Army of Darkness-style stable).

Newcomers include the Swinger Brothers, Johnny and Simon (Diamond). The reason for Diamond's name change is that I have Don Diamond as well.

Glen Ruth, with the Headbangers not coming to be due to bad chemistry, is on his way out due to owner goals. Top of my list as I try to go for debuting names first is Lawrence Taylor. Failing that, there's a big guy called Chris Parks who might fit in with the Angel's Army...

EDIT- Meanwhile Brian Adias of all people is ECW Champion, David Schultz is WCW champion, and 51-year-old Ken Patera (?!) is the WWF champion. I thought 1995 was the arrival of the new generation >.>

So after re-starting my EWA game, with a plan to apply what I've learned and book smarter, I started fresh and low and behold, got my second NBT!

I can't believe this, as before the last game, I had never had an NBT EVER in an EWA game. Then last game I had Hercules, and this game I've got... Frank de Pain! (The idea of pushing Frank de Pain as a main eventer in a promotion full of monsters is awesome! It's like David vs. Goliath every show!)

Finally managed to sim a year in my CombinedVerse (CVerse, NPR August, KombatX, Cverse 97 and jhdverse (no 9000 verse because that would be waaaaaaay too slow)).

Young Wrestler of the year: Syuri

Veteran Wrester of the year: Shang Tsung

Female Wrestler of the year: Meiko Satomura

Promotion of the year: WWE

Most Improved Promotion of the year: GCG

Match of the year: Yoshimi Mushashibo defeated Shang Tsung at KOMBAT: Breakin' Out (100 Rated) (Also 100 rated was Shinsuke Nakamura beat Kenta Sonoda by count out... twice)

Card of the year: SWF SlamZone

Top 25 wrestlers:

Shinsuke Nakamura

Yoshimi Mushashibo

Shang Tsung

Kenta Sonoda

Mumm-Ra

Hiroshi Tanahashi

Bryan Vessey

Tadiyuki Kikkawa

Tommy Cornell

Eisaku Kunomasu

Chris Jericho

Kintaro Kinjo

Sid Streets

Zangief

John Maverick

Yuji Nagata

Chaperone

Hsu Hao

The Miz

Jeremy Stone

Owen Love

Drake Richards

Kinnojo Horri

Shuji Inukai

Dos Caras Jr

So after re-starting my EWA game, with a plan to apply what I've learned and book smarter, I started fresh and low and behold, got my second NBT!

I can't believe this, as before the last game, I had never had an NBT EVER in an EWA game. Then last game I had Hercules, and this game I've got... Frank de Pain! (The idea of pushing Frank de Pain as a main eventer in a promotion full of monsters is awesome! It's like David vs. Goliath every show!)

Nice. Although I'd keep him as a tag wrestler and boost those belts up to ME status. Double Dutch vs the DuPonts vs The Johansson bros please.

Every night

September-December

Just hit the first day of January of 2019 in my CGC save and have held 1,052 shows, here is what has been going on in the game from the start of September to the end of December and the year 2018.

Eddie Chandler is still the CGC World Heavyweight Champion having now made sixteen defenses of the title since winning it back in October 2017 (This title reign is probably the single longest title reign I have had in any save that I have done). He is going to lose the title at DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2 to Jack DeColt (Provided I get to that point before TEW 2013 is released)

Duane Stone is still the Canadian Champion after defeating Gargantuan in August at The Battle Beyond, he has made four defenses of the title since winning it.

Alex and Ricky DeColt are the current CGC World Tag Team Champions (After replacing Jack DeColt with Ricky DeColt) after defeating The Can Am Blondes back in July at Ultimate Showdown to claim the titles they have made six defenses total since winning them (four since Jack was replaced with Ricky)

Tom Gilmore is the CGC Heavyweight Champion having defeated Steve Frehley for the title at Elimination in a six man Chamber match. He has yet to defend the title since winning it. Steve Frehley is going to get one more match with Tom Gilmore to try to regain his title (Steve is going to lose) then Tom is going to start feuding with Remo because they have had a few awesome matches together.

Sammy Bach is the CGC Province Champion after defeating John Maverick in October at CGC Apocalypse. John managed eight defenses of the belt before losing it to Sammy Bach, Sammy Bach has made two defenses since winning it.

The CGC Heavyweight Tag Team Champion are the Almighty Dollar (Remo and Rich Money) after defeating Mikey James and Frankie Perez at In The Company Of Legends in June to claim the titles. They have made four defenses of the titles since winning them and will likely drop them soon.

Here are what my current storylines look like on the respective brands

Golden Brand

Christian Faith vs. James Prudence

Started: October 2018

Have had four singles matches thus far, will have one more at Elimination in January before their feud ends.

Jack DeColt vs. Eddie Chandler ©

CGC World Heavyweight Championship Feud

Have had two singles matches thus far, will have at four more matches before their feud ends at DeColt WrestleFestival Day 2 (Not including Eddie Chandler’s rematch)

Bronze Brand

Sean McFly vs. Rich Money

Have had two singles matches thus far, will have three more.

Steve Frehley vs. Tom Gilmore ©

CGC Heavyweight Championship Feud

Have had two singles matches thus far, will have their final match at Elimination

New Signings: Champagne Lover, Koshiro Ino, Emma Chase

Fired: Farrah Hasketh (Didn’t need her)

Finally here is the card for CGC Elimination X-Seven which is the next pay per view

Jack DeColt vs. Eddie Chandler ©

CGC World Heavyweight Championship

Aaron Andrews and Chance Fortune vs. Alex and Ricky DeColt ©

CGC World Tag Team Championship

Johnny Bloodstone vs. Sammy Bach ©

CGC Province Championship

Christian Faith vs. James Prudence

Eddie Peak vs. Duane Stone ©

CGC Canadian Championship

Sean McFly vs. Rich Money

Steve Frehley vs. Tom Gilmore ©

CGC Heavyweight Championship Match

OOC: This might be my last update for this save because once TEW 2013 comes out I am going to move on to that right away and likely start another CGC save. However before this save ends I would really like to get through the DeColt WresteFestival. So Ideally I would like to provide everyone with one more update before I officially end this save however with TEW 2013 coming out soon I don't know if I will be able to do it but I will try my best to do it so that I can end this save the way that I want it to end.

Sim my second year in my CombinedVerse

Young Wrestler of the year: Diddy Kong

Veteran Wrester of the year: Kenta Sonoda

Promotion of the year: SWF

Most Improved Promotion of the year: TCW

Match of the year: Eisaku Kunomasu defeated Yoshimi Mushashibo at NJPW Happenstance Tour (Monday) (Also 100 rated: Kenta Sonoda and Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Sagat and Kozue Kawashima, and Yoshihiro Takayama defeated Kato)

Card of the year: NJPW Happenstance Tour (Monday)

Top 25 wrestlers:

Yoshimi Mushashibo

Shinsuke Nakamura

Kenta Sonoda

Kintaro Kinjo

Bryan Vessey

Chris Jericho

Eisaku Kunomasu

Yoshimitsu

Jack Bruce

Randy Orton

Sean McFly

Tadiyuki Kikkawa

El Hijo Del Sultan

Balgruuf The Greater

Samoa Joe

White Panther Jr

Soul Taker

Hiroshi Tanahashi

Drake Richards

Acuatico

Enforcer Roberts

Kozue Kawashima

Superman

Zangief

Scott Hart

So as I noted in the strange events thread, my boss fired himself then took the company back...

Then did this AGAIN until I decided nobody else was going to take the company over so I just gave him a bonus.

But in my rush when he first left, I hired announcers... and a certain Oklahoman barbeque sauce connoisseur was unemployed...

Having a new take on SWF 2010 this will likely be my last game until 2013. I made the King of Supreme tournament pretty much a KOTR for the SWF but happening over weeks and the semi and final matches happen at Times of Trouble. The winner gets a shot at the title at the Supreme Challenge. Doing this I moved the title shot from winning the WTTJ battle royal to The World is Watching, which I use as the 2nd biggest PPV of the year.

I had Bruce and Eisen feuding most of the year so far and Rich Money needed a way to finally get a one on one match for the title so he enters the tourney and eventually wins. The tourney was also excellent for testing chemistry and the upsets did the winners a lot of good. From the bracket you can likely tell where the upsets went

http://images.challonge.com/kos2010.png

My Supreme Challenge card is shaping up to be this:

Rich Money vs Eric Eisen© for the World title. Not really unexpected here. Money finally gets a singles match for the title after being limited to a couple multi man matches this year.

Angry Gilmore vs Jack Bruce. Angry attacked Bruce multiple times in the tournament and even cheated to defeat him, Jack Bruce wants revenge.

Marc Dubois vs Joe Sexy© vs Brandom James for the NA title. James and DuBois are both being managed by Emma Chase, Marc will win the title here and turn face soon after going against his former partner (Paul Huntingdon) and Brandon James. James is getting too big to be hanging around the NA title and despite him losing multiple rematches to Sexy, still remains more over than anybody outside of the world title picture. I think he will win the Welco the Jungle battle Royal and cement himself as a main event player.

New Wave vs. ANL© (F.A.G. and Edd Stone) vs Bumfholes vs Atomic Lobster for the Tag Titles. F.A.G. debuted Edd Stone during his feud with American Wrath (Valiant and Giedroyc). Made the decision to have them win the titles because American Wrath are extremely over after feuding with Enforcer Roberts and Runaway Train. New Wave debuted after the last PPV saving the Bumfholes from a beatdown, and Atomic Lobster has a pinfall win over the current champs.

Remo vs Steve Frehley vs Vengeance. Remo was added to the feud early on and used as a catalyst to turn Vengeance face again after Remo put Steve on the shelf for 3 months. Frehley has come back just in time for the KOS tourney and the rivalry has heated up.

Marat Khoklov vs Christian Faith. Extended this feud to try to increase Marat's preformance row. Faith has never defeated him, they had a couple draws on PPV but Marat has a handful of pinfall wins.

Gregory Black and Valiant vs Enforcer Roberts and Runaway Train. American Wrath and Train/Roberts have been feuding off and on for months. Greg Black got added into the mix when Black beat Runaway train in an upset of the first round of the KOS tourney. He went on to defeat Train again at the following PPV, so Enforcer Roberts and Runaway train destroyed Jack Giedroyc out of anger. Black offered his services to Valiant since he is partly responsible for what happened to his partner.

Just made somebody into a National Icon at Cult.

Magnificently proud of myself. 8 years and 9 months into a 0/0/0/0 and I've finally contributed to someone's Hall of the Immortals progress.

It's Matt Keith. There are six wrestlers with over 90 popularity in the USA right now, and two of them work for me. The others are all with TCW, the SOBs.

Just had a weird as hell moment when I realised that Tommy Cornell is 40 years old. Damn, just... wow.

Simmed my third year in my CombinedVerse (I'm only doing five)

Young Wrestler of the year: Diddy Kong

Veteran Wrester of the year: Kurt Angle

Promotion of the year: SWF

Most Improved Promotion of the year: TCW

Match of the year: Kenta Sonoda defeated Zangief at NJPW Dominance Tour (Monday) (Also 100 rated: Sheogorath defeated John Cena, John Cena defeated Sheogorath, Glacius defeated Yoshimi Mushashibo and Yoshimi Mushashibo defeated Eisaku Kunomasu)

Card of the year: UPJ Torment Battle

Top 25 wrestlers:

Sean McFly

Yoshimi Mushashibo

Bryan Danielson

Shinsuke Nakamura

Kurt Angle

Jesse Van Holt

Steve DeColt

Sebastian Curtis

Glacius

Liu Kang

Hiroshi Tanahashi

Eisaku Kunomasu

Superman

Yuji Nagata

White Panther Jr

John Maverick

Yoshihiro Takayama

Timothy Hawk

Jean-Claude Giroux

Pride Koiso

El Fuerza

Kato

Martin Van Holt

TJ Combo

Owen Love

Just when I think my "wonderful" boss finally learns not to be an ass, he wrecks John Kronus' rental car and refuses to pay for it. That's a new one.

To be fair though, Kronus is becoming an ass himself and might find himself out of work if I can find a suitable replacement.

However I can't just fire people because I work on a budget and I've got both a monthly event and a TV show to worry about, as well as an edict to try to get to Cult.

Oh, and my promotion is now a Realism-heavy promotion, that's going to hurt my sponsorships...

EDIT- Chris Von Erich is WWF bound, wtf...

Archived