What's going on in your game?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just past a year as a Japanese fed for the first time. Now I'm trying to decide whether I want to bring in a Hardcore division or a Joshi division. On the one hand, I'm a fan of Joshi, and there's plenty of unemployed women. On the other hand, I put a lot of Hardcore into my product, but have yet to actually run a Hardcore match. Decisions, decisions.

Joshi division is obvious. It's going to require more development (which will keep you engaged) whereas a hardcore division is fire & forget.

I suppose you are the expert on such matters...

Not really, just realistic. There are probably ten times as many workers with good to great hardcore skill (men mainly) than there are women workers on par with an Alicia Strong/Belle Bryden/Fuyuko Higa/J.Ro/Lauren Easter. So your hardcore division will be a lot easier to set up and get good to great matches out of right off the bat. The women will need time to build to that point.

And Lindsey, you don't have too many people on par with Kudo, Oz, Tsuchiya and such in the C-Verse or (especially) reality. LuFisto was at one time but that time isn't the present. Heck, a deathmatch with Kudo retired Combat Toyoda! Hardcore capable joshis nowadays are like unicorns.

For the first time ever since I've been playing (maybe this is new to 2010) a TV show approached me about interviewing Tommy Dreamer on their show. I said Yes. The show was said to be anti-wrestling. Tommy Dreamer did an outstanding job making my promotion and wrestling look great.

You go Tommy!

just held Wrestle Mania 28 and it was by far my best show

Jericho and Lance storm defeated The Sweetness(Matt Hardy and Bryan Holmes) for the Tag Team Titles

Colt Cabana beat Curt Henning Jr for the United States Title

Alex Shelley defeated Evan Bourne

Bryan Danielson defeated Tsneumo Shiro for the IC Belt

Kurt Angle defeated John Cena

The Miz beat Sean McFly, John Morrison, Ted Dibiase, Tommy Cornell, and Jack Swagger for the Money in the Bank

Triple H defeated Brock Lesnar

Sheamus defeated Shawn Michaels for the World Title, HBK retired

Jake The Snake Zolynsky defeated The Undertaker, to retire the Undertaker for good and end the streak

AJ Styles defeated Christian for the Heavyweight Title

Sting and Mick Foley also retired at the event

Getting ready for the 2021 Rip Chord Invitational Challenge that's at the end of January. I've put together a 32-worker bracket. I've excluded all champions (besides Tag Team Champs, Gidayu Katou is a past winner). These are the eight past winners automatically entered in. I'm going to use the three brand-only PPVs to get through the first three rounds and the fourth PPV of the month will include the final rounds of the tournament.

It'll be interesting to see how this works out. I've never set up any of the tournaments in the years prior and sort of just 'winged it'. I decided with such a bloated roster I might as well make it the best I possibly can. And when I found a lightweight bracket program that throws it together like that it was a no-brainer.

Huge brackets there, should be some good matches...any idea who is going to win it for you?

Currently doing a custom WWE 2010 game.

WWE Champion Randy Orton

-Orton became champion at the Royal Rumble defeating Sheamus. Orton just regained his championship at Wrestlemania 26 in a rematch with Triple H from the previous years Mania. The feud pretty much was the same as the year before where Orton attacked Stephanie. This time around Orton booted Stephanie in the head the night after the Rumble which lead to the following week on RAW Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole claiming that Stephanie had suffered brain damage. I had Orton mock Stephanie, who in February after the Elimination Chamber PPV event appeared on RAW in a wheel chair unable to talk.

The weeks went on and Orton mocked Stephanie for being in a wheel chair. At Mania Stephanie got out of her wheel chair - ala Linda McMahon at Mania 17 - but instead of low blowing Orton, she instead turned on her husband HHH and helped Orton regain his championship. The following night on RAW Stephanie said she was pregnant with Orton's child. Orton is currently set to defend his title in a rematch against HHH at Backlash in a Street Fight.

World Heavyweight Championship Chris Jericho

-Jericho defeated Edge and Kofi Kingston at Mania 26 in a triple-threat match. The backstory for this one was that Edge returned at the Rumble and won the match, but despite that Kofi and Jericho were feuding at the time. Kofi claimed Jericho was a racist for a remark he made a few weeks prior about sweet patatos and yams.

After Jericho won the title at Elimination Chamber it was confirmed Jericho would defend the title against Edge. However, Edge got injured "kayfabe", and due to this Teddy Long gave Kofi the shot at Jericho for the title at Mania. With the match between Kofi and Jericho signed upon, Edge made his surprise return, and had to be added to the match due to the fact he won the Rumble. At Mania Jericho retained his title with a curb stomp on Kofi Kingston.

Jericho is currently carry on his tweener racist angle, 'he's kinda not, but is'

United States Champion The Miz

-Same as current storyline in WWE, however, will defend championship against Cody Rhodes at Backlash.

Intercontinental Championship Christian

-Both the Intercontinental Championship and the "Money in the Bank' briefcase were on the line at Mania in a six man ladder match. Christian won both.

Unified Tag Team Championships The Hart Dynasty

-Won them the following night after Mania defeating Show and Miz

WWE Women's Championship - Michelle McCool

Diva's Champion - Marsye

^^^^^I posted the above in the my current champions thread, however, felt I would update everyone on what's going on by continuing everything here.

Since my last update Randy Orton went on defeat Triple H at Backlash in the street fight with thanks from Shane McMahon who made his return to the company, appearing on the entrance ramp in a truck which he drove into the arena and crashed into a car Triple H had been placed in. The car was part of the set. While EMT's checked on Triple H - Orton pushed them out of the way and pinned HHH for the win.

The following night on RAW - Orton celebrated with Stephanie McMahon and Shane McMahon. Orton proposed to Stephanie and she said yes. Two weeks later on RAW Orton asked Shane McMahon to be his best man, Shane accepted.

Orton is currently in a feud with Intercontinental champion and Money in the Bank holder - Christian. Christian for the last couple of weeks has been mocking Orton and Stephanie, and has been hinting he will cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase sooner rather than later. Shane McMahon recently challenged Christian to a match at the Over the Limit PPV for Christians Intercontinental championship, Christian accepted.

In other news, i'm still carrying on my Chris Jericho racist tweener gimmick. I write it in a way that would make a reader think "Woah, is he being racist, was that racist.. kinda thing" - it bascially could be taken either way. At the moment Chris Jericho is still the World Champion on Smackdown and recently cost Kofi Kingston his job when he defeated him in a losers gets fired match. I shortly fired Kofi after that.

Jericho then appeared on RAW one night as part of the WWE Draft. At that point I was running an angle, similar to the WWE's where Ted Dibiase hired R-Truth as the new Virgil. On the same show I had Jericho interrupt an in-ring segment which had R-Truth in the middle of shining DiBiase's boots. Jericho called Dibiase a racist, and also stated that his father was a racist when he hired the original Virgil. Jericho then welcomed down to ringside a special guest of his for the night, the original virgil. Virgil got in the ring and talked about how Ted Dibiase Sr. was a racist, and that he thinks he son is too. Ted Dibiase started to get annoyed by this and said to Virgil that he should leave the WWE now, or else he will have Vince McMahon remove him from the arena. Virgil at this point then informed Ted Dibiase that that was impossible because he now works for Chris Jericho as his event manager.

Jericho and Dibiase then got into an argument over Virgil. Dibiase kept on asking Jericho too get rid of Virgil, however, Jericho wouldn't have any of it and stated that he was committed to treating Virgil with respect. After a few more back and fourth comments from Dibiase and Jericho, Dibiase then offered to buy Virgil's contract. Dibiase then whispered into Jericho's ear the figure he would pay and Jericho beemed with a huge smile. Jericho then sold Virgil to Dibiase in a moment which Jerry Lawler on commentary described as "sick, and offensive". I also had Michael Cole state the now infamous line in my diary "Vintage British Slave trade!"

Currently I have a non-psychical feud going on betwen R-Truth and Virgil where both men are trying to out do each other when it comes to serving Ted Dibiase who is also the current Millon Dollar Champion.

Chris Jericho is currently set to face Edge at the Over the Limit PPV. The stipulation for the match is that Edge must beat Jericho within 15 minutes, however, if the match carries on for over 15 minutes and Jericho manages to pin Edge, then Edge is fired, If Jericho pins Edge wiithin the 15 minutes Edge will lose the match but keep his job. The match is being labelled a "Over the Limit, Over and Out" match.

Made some signings as well. I hired Velvet Sky and Angelina Love from TNA now named Talia V. Sky and Lauren Love respectively. They made their debut and attacked Lay-Cool during an episode of Smackdown.

Current Over the Limit PPV Card with one week to go before PPV

Last Man Standing

John Cena vs. Batista

World Heavyweight Championship

1st Ever Over the Limit, Over and Out Match

Chris Jericho © vs. Edge

Intercontinental championship

Christian © vs. Shane McMahon w/. WWE champion Randy Orton and Stephanie McMahon

Lay-Cool vs. Talia V. Sky and Lauren Love

Million Dollar Championship

Ted Dibiase © w/. R-Truth and Virgil vs. Kane

Huge brackets there, should be some good matches...any idea who is going to win it for you?

This is actually the first year I have no clue at all. In years prior I've always had an idea or at least a top 3 of who COULD win and now this year it could be anybody. Round one is over and this is round two. Felipe came away with what I consider the biggest upset of the entire tournament by eliminating Gidayu Katou (last years winner AND 2020 Young Wrestler Of The Year AND half Tag Champs w/SATO) in round 1. Pretty excited to get through January because the rest of 2021 is going to be crazy. :)

Terry Lambert's rampant steroid usage continues. Lord I hope he keeps building his Power stat for another year at least. B- to B+ isn't enough! I DEMAND he maxes it out, and is forever known as the C-Verse Scott Steiner! (HAH!?)

Funny, I don't know that I'd make that analogy myself. In my explorations of C-Verse 75, I've never understood Lambert as to ever having had a lick of talent. Steiner had a great bit of talent before he started roiding and flushed it down the toilet. I can't think of anyone in the C-Verse who fits that statement.

Funny, I don't know that I'd make that analogy myself. In my explorations of C-Verse 75, I've never understood Lambert as to ever having had a lick of talent. Steiner had a great bit of talent before he started roiding and flushed it down the toilet. I can't think of anyone in the C-Verse who fits that statement.

But the irony of Scott Steiner is that he ended up as a world champion after all the steroids. So the physique restricted his ring work quite a bit... but it still had him higher on the card than he ever was early in his career.

Well, Force and Warlord Pain's crappy World Title Runs drug SWF to Cult and they lost NUMEROUS TV slots. Their momentum is 6 and prestige in mid 50s. Eisen just stepped down from booker at the start of september

Im about to split my game, and see if I can get SWF back to Global. But I still want to expand RPW

Getting ready for the 2021 Rip Chord Invitational Challenge that's at the end of January. I've put together a 32-worker bracket. I've excluded all champions (besides Tag Team Champs, Gidayu Katou is a past winner). These are the eight past winners automatically entered in. I'm going to use the three brand-only PPVs to get through the first three rounds and the fourth PPV of the month will include the final rounds of the tournament.

It'll be interesting to see how this works out. I've never set up any of the tournaments in the years prior and sort of just 'winged it'. I decided with such a bloated roster I might as well make it the best I possibly can. And when I found a lightweight bracket program that throws it together like that it was a no-brainer.

Where'd you get the program? I need something like that for Imperial Games so I don't have to manage it all by hand in the future.

Where'd you get the program? I need something like that for Imperial Games so I don't have to manage it all by hand in the future.

Tournament Bracket Builder - it's a really small DL and install. You can setup tournaments ranging from 3 to 32 participants. I thought it was nifty for what it is. Only downside is it saves the "bracket.html" file to it's install directory folder and it replaces that file every time you create a new bracket. So what I did was just keep that directory folder open and renamed it to what I wanted before creating a new one.

Nigel Svensson returns to ROF nearly 2 years after leaving to SAISHO on a developmental deal. He's come back in amazing form... average Rumble of 62 © and Technical of 75 (B-). His only real drawback is that it looks like his psych has peaked at 48 (D+). Basics, safety and consistency are all over 80, though. He came back at Lower Midcarder, but I know I can get him up and over into the midcard/upper midcard where he belongs. Probably going to run a program between him and Barry Griffin, my current VELOCITY (formerly #1 Contender) champion.

In other news, National Wrestling Federation has opened its doors in South UK. They have 20 pop across the board, but they've managed to sign a good lot of my roster, including Rolling Johnny Stones (Upper Midcarder) and Don Henderson (Main Eventer). Might be time to bust out those exclusive PPA contracts... either that or make it to Cult and try to get some Writtens signed.

Tournament Bracket Builder - it's a really small DL and install. You can setup tournaments ranging from 3 to 32 participants. I thought it was nifty for what it is. Only downside is it saves the "bracket.html" file to it's install directory folder and it replaces that file every time you create a new bracket. So what I did was just keep that directory folder open and renamed it to what I wanted before creating a new one.

Thanks a ton! This'll be handy for Imperial Games!

Just held my first A match EVER since buying TEW 2010. Obviously had a few in other TEWs, but shucks, my first in 2010 took more than long enough.

Twas in good ol' APWF, where now a little over half a year in The Crew (Marcus McKing, Terry Lambert, The Brooklyn Punk) are still deeply embroiled in a feud with a coalition of the top babyfaces, namely Sam Strong (well, Stragavelli), Burt Selleck, Farmer Fran, and The Masked Patriot (who is currently only showing up in angles, due to a shattered elbow. No, Terry Lambert wasn't the culprit).

Kayfabe, though, it WAS The Crew who put the Patriot on the sidelines in an effort to prevent him and Stragavelli from defeating the Ayatollah Alliance for the tag belts. After all, the sheik duo would've been seen as an easier team for Lambert and Punk to beat to win the belts themselves. Instead, Stragavelli had Farmer Fran make his big return after a two month absence to replace the injured Patriot and win the belts anyways.

This has lead into your typical good guys vs. bad guys battle, with The Crew jumping Sam, Sam hitting the ring Hogan style to clear house when another good guy is in trouble with them, and of course Marcus McKing doing his damndest to not let Stragavelli have a shot at the belt. Naturally, Sam won number one contendership and got the title match.

At the show itself, however (APWF An Offer You Can't Refuse), the shadowy Mystery Assailant struck twice, first taking out Farmer Fran following his singles victory over Viper, and later The Masked Patriot following a heated arguement between himself and Stragavelli and The Crew (who they accussed of attacking Farmer Fran, who despite knowing the identity of the attacker, but no one can understand a word he says... and can't write...). Not only that, but the Mystery Assailant outright abducted him.

Cue the A match! Sam Stragavelli vs. Marcus McKing for the APWF Heavyweight title! A grueling 26 minute match that showed the world that APWF is back with a vengeance. With McKing nearly beaten, Stragavelli signaled for the Strong Arm Tactic... only to have Terry Lambert and The Brooklyn Punk appear in the entranceway holding the Patriot's mask above their heads! Fearing the worst had befallen his closest friend, Sam immediately left the ring in an attempt to take out Lamber and the Punk... leading to his count out... whoops. To add insult to injury, The Crew overwhelmed Stragavelli and left him a bloody mess at ringside.

Just held my first A match EVER since buying TEW 2010. Obviously had a few in other TEWs, but shucks, my first in 2010 took more than long enough.

Twas in good ol' APWF, where now a little over half a year in The Crew (Marcus McKing, Terry Lambert, The Brooklyn Punk) are still deeply embroiled in a feud with a coalition of the top babyfaces, namely Sam Strong (well, Stragavelli), Burt Selleck, Farmer Fran, and The Masked Patriot (who is currently only showing up in angles, due to a shattered elbow. No, Terry Lambert wasn't the culprit).

Kayfabe, though, it WAS The Crew who put the Patriot on the sidelines in an effort to prevent him and Stragavelli from defeating the Ayatollah Alliance for the tag belts. After all, the sheik duo would've been seen as an easier team for Lambert and Punk to beat to win the belts themselves. Instead, Stragavelli had Farmer Fran make his big return after a two month absence to replace the injured Patriot and win the belts anyways.

This has lead into your typical good guys vs. bad guys battle, with The Crew jumping Sam, Sam hitting the ring Hogan style to clear house when another good guy is in trouble with them, and of course Marcus McKing doing his damndest to not let Stragavelli have a shot at the belt. Naturally, Sam won number one contendership and got the title match.

At the show itself, however (APWF An Offer You Can't Refuse), the shadowy Mystery Assailant struck twice, first taking out Farmer Fran following his singles victory over Viper, and later The Masked Patriot following a heated arguement between himself and Stragavelli and The Crew (who they accussed of attacking Farmer Fran, who despite knowing the identity of the attacker, but no one can understand a word he says... and can't write...). Not only that, but the Mystery Assailant outright abducted him.

Cue the A match! Sam Stragavelli vs. Marcus McKing for the APWF Heavyweight title! A grueling 26 minute match that showed the world that APWF is back with a vengeance. With McKing nearly beaten, Stragavelli signaled for the Strong Arm Tactic... only to have Terry Lambert and The Brooklyn Punk appear in the entranceway holding the Patriot's mask above their heads! Fearing the worst had befallen his closest friend, Sam immediately left the ring in an attempt to take out Lamber and the Punk... leading to his count out... whoops. To add insult to injury, The Crew overwhelmed Stragavelli and left him a bloody mess at ringside.

Who is The Mystery Assailant? Will this make dynasty form? Is there bull-shark testosterone involved?

Actually an angle involving Farmer Fran, bull-shark testosterone and Farmer Fran magically becoming litterate would be gold!

Who is The Mystery Assailant? Will this make dynasty form? Is there bull-shark testosterone involved?

Actually an angle involving Farmer Fran, bull-shark testosterone and Farmer Fran magically becoming litterate would be gold!

Well, he's the MYSTERY Assailant for a reason, isn't he? He always attacks from the shadows and no one can ever get a good look at him. Except Farmer Fran, but again, that's of no use to anybody.

As for a diary... I've actually thought about it, but I have about a dozen diary ideas... I'd need to be really, really set on one to do another, me thinks. With APWF, ideally I'd love to wait until I'm legitimately competing with SWF before doing a diary, as that'd be quite the fun story to tell. The mystery assailant stuff should be long over by then (as I have that scheduled to be revealed in a few months, won't be up to par with SWF for a few years), and when he is revealed I'll be more than happy to tell everyone in this thread the full story from that corner of APWF.

I decided to make a copy of my 2021 WCW game and resign to open my own promotion. Haruki Kudo took over as head booker (he's was the best road agent for me).

I've decided to play it off like Jay Chord and I got into a massive argument at an event before The Rip Chord Invitational. He wanted to win the tournament for the fifth time and I told him it was the "dumbest idea he's ever had". Because I had full control of WCW without Jay's interference I fired every single main eventer without his knowledge. A day later I went to give my resignation and he fired me on the spot because of what I did.

Because I fired these people they refuse to work for me. Except for a few of them who I've been able to sign: Casey Valentine, Ernest Youngman, Groucho Bling, Greg Gauge, Lassana Makutsi, SATO, and Gino Montero. I'm really not sure what made any of them want to sign with me the same day I fired them from WCW, but I'm glad they decided to come with me Jerry Maguire-style. I took the "Easy" route when creating the new promotion because I wanted immediate results. I did a little editing to make us National and have got a TV deal with GNN Total Sports already, along with PPV deals in all of North America without running a single show yet.

I didn't feel like creating new titles so I purchased the DAVE Unified (to be World) and Tag titles, RPW World (to be TV title), and California Pro Championship (to be National title). Very nice title lineage to start with. I picked up working agreements with NOTBPW, TCW, USPW, SWF and we're at war with WCW (if that wasn't obvious).

I'm going to kill the promotion I made enormous :eek: and I named the save game "FU JC" :)

Archived