What's going on in your game?

Started a current real world mod with a new federation at Regional level.

I have Tony Marmaluke, Chad Collyer, Mike Barton and Shawn Davari as my main eventers.

The midcard includes LA Park, Mike Sanders, Michael Modest, Roadkill, Erik Watts and EZ Money.

Lauren is managing Barton, and doing quite a good job. I think our strength is announcing, with Bert Prentice and Glenn Gilberti boosting every match.

Chris Kanyon has just returned to wrestling, and has been added to my main event scene (though he insists he would be better as an authority figure, for some reason).

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not really so much happening in a legitimate game of mine, but a few things happened that I'll be pouncing on for my scenario that occured while I'm sorta watching things as they occur.

One is that Ring of Fire decided to release some of their roster, and one of those people was amazingly Nigel Svensson. Was kinda surprised to see that considering he's pretty good for a young guy.

The second one, was a release of a huge wrestling star from one of the Top 3 companies and totally changed my scenario from being just a minor thing, to being a total game changer. Its quite cool and fortunate for me, I guess.

Wow, one of the best high flyers in the whole game, if not the best. :cool: That's some big grades for CZCW right there.

His stay was short lived Got a whole 4 matches out of him before dumping me to work in canada for CGC and 4C his also WLW in japan. He joined my roster as a lower midcarder for some reason

KC Glenn joined the roster and the guy just cant seem to have a bad match hasnt had one below c-

Fox Mask has great chemisty with Remmy Skye and Insane Machine :D

but Remmy and Insane dont. But both still manage C+ everytime they meet.

Remmy is gunna be a star TBH getting over huge in Canada and keeps rejecting developmental offers from SWF

Ive started holding shows in Mexico

It's halfway through April, and GCG have just embarked on their new tour. Haruki Kudo captured the title from Gakusha at February's Parade of Champions, the company's first PPV. (Given that Kudo refuses to lose anything ever, and his match is usually the most anticipated on the card, giving him the belt seemed like a might-as-well kind of decision. No word on how we're going to retrieve the title from him...)

Meanwhile, Gakusha and Hyobanshi stay strong in the main event scene. They're joined by Takayuki 2000 and American John Pathlow. Pistol Pete Hall and Jimmy Cox find themselves on the fringes of the main event, as does touring worker Billy Russell. (He's been disappointing, but we need another guy who can do main events... you run out of matchups after a while..) Samoan Destruction took the tag titles early in February and have run with them, but can't seem to translate that momentum to singles success. Mabuchi Furusawa has faithfully defended the Openweight Title eight times, raising his profile greatly... but he lost his winning streak on the first show of the new tour, as he made his first main event appearance and got beaten by Kudo. No shame in that... Furusawa will be hoisting titles in GCG long after Kudo is gone. (And probably not before.)

We haven't lost a lot of guys. Shingen Miyazaki, bafflingly enough, chose to sign a developmental deal with the Hinote Dojo. We could understand him leaving for another actual promotion, but the man's 28. He's not developing -- he's already good, and had been booked as a solid midcarder with an eye on moving up. Mercifully, Nathan Coleman and Kiminobu Kuroki are both approaching the end of their deals... they've both been troublesome backstage, and neither will be retained.

Financially, things are okay -- we've lost $100,000, but that can be largely chalked up to the building of the Keihanshin Golden Dome, a 4000-seat arena in Osaka, which serves as the cornerstone of our efforts to revitalize our popularity in our home region. (It's worked so far.) We hold a show there every Monday, and travel the country every Friday. The third Wednesday of every month is a PPV.

All in all, we're moving up... hitting $2 million by the end of 2011 may be tough, but we're definitely working on it.

NOTBPW is no longer dominated by the Stone family - partly because Dan Jr's contract is about to expire, and I'm not sure whether Dan Sr will rehire him or not. Main event scene at the end of March is a face-turned John Maverick, Jeremy Stone, Steve DeColt, Johnny Bloodstone and the Blondes. A super-push for the Blondes, including an Ed Henson victory over the Stone Siblings, has seen the Natural hit 92 in all areas of Canada (from a 65 start!!) and Love get to 83, also from a 65 start.

Playing with THE best promotion in the C-Verse, EWA, and I'm slowly but steadily growing the little company. I didn't get an owner goal regarding money this time around, so I'm going ahead and running two shows a month to build my popularity as quickly as possible. Figure the sooner I put distance between myself and UEW, the better.

Anywho... I've mostly run D+ shows, but did snag a C-, most of all of that thanks to Anna Ki who, when put in "Diva" matches never puts on less than a D+, no matter which other lady she takes on. In fact, the Women's Division is, unlike last time, the current strong point in the EWA.

But the men are battling back to even things up! In fact, Anna Ki is no longer the most popular worker on my roster in the region.

Why?

Because "The Alpha Norwegian" himself, Bam Bam Johansson, has ROCKETED from an E+ to a C- in popularity after seven shows, thanks to a mixture of dominating jobbers, an excellent team-up with his brother, a great manager in Bethany Hurst, and the hot feud with The X Force over the EWA Tag Team titles. The C- came after the last show, where The Johansson Brothers defeated The X Force for said titles.

Now?

Now I look to move into the "Johansson Dynasty" era of EWA. Figure soon I can bring back the EWA European title and hey... Byron has to feud with someone for the Universal title, right?

Glad to see some love for my fellow norwegian boys :D

I simmed through 5 years in one save and off the top of my head...

Fumihiro Ota owns NYCW (with Eric Tyler as his head booker) & Belle Bryden now owns USPW.

TCW has been #1 for the last two years and the Tommy Cornell/Joel Bryant creative team has risen to legendary status.

SWF fell to cult status and #2 overall (and down to #11 in influence), Eisen fired Peter Michaels in September 2014 and replaced him with Marv Earnest.

NOTBPW is #3 and USPW is #4.

More details later.

Running my 0/0/0/0 Australian fed - now in June 2013 - about 3 or 4 shows away from moving up to Small (the D or D+ level of importance in Central Australia is a killer)

CAWA (Central Australian Wrestling Alliance - I know, incredibly creative) Title - Dexter Martell

Main Event Scene -

Heels - Dexter Martell, Brodie Lachlan

Faces - Black Flash, Rod Sullivan, Vortex

Black Flash has pretty much put on a "D" match with all of my upper mid and main eventers - keeping the belt off him to avoid the major win streak and price bump - barely able to afford him as it is

Six years in to Jack Avatar creating a 0/0/0 fed in Eastern Australia, the world had taken some twists. In the USA, TCW is strongly #1, followed by the SWF, USPW and a rising CZCW. They are all about to get crushed by NTBPW under Victoria Stone. They have prestige of 98 and momentum of 96. Their pop is 100 in Canada, 91 and rising in the USA and mid 80s everywhere else. In Mexico all the promotions are doing well at home, but nothing more as the big northern companies are gaining pop there.

The UK is the oddest place on earth. 21CW and MOSC are both gone. In their places are HIW and NWF. HIW is pushing ROF for the top spot, but no homegrown fed is as popular as the North American feds. Europe is limping along with VWA as the top fed.

In Japan, WLW is the top dog, with Champagne Lover as the top star, followed by GCG, BHOTWG and PGHW as numbers 5 through 8 in global import. Exodus is gone and Warrior Engine is fading.

Australia wrestling is being reshaped by Jack Avatar (yeah I know its sort of cheating, since he was the best wrestler in the country when he stepped onto the tarmac). In six years his fed has gone from drawing 5 fans to selling out a 10,000 person arena. RAW is still number one but is running out of cash and just replaced the old booker with David Peterson. APW and ZEN are holding as regionals and little DIW have finally moved out of the bar to a hall.

Right now, Ric Flair just won the TNA World Championship and formed the New Horsemen with AJ Styles and Sid Vicious. They're hunting for a fourth member, and the candidates are Sting and Rob Van Dam, both of whom are considering the offer.

There's a tag team match scheduled for the next PPV of Styles and Sid vs Sting and RVD, and Flair has promised that the fourth Horseman will be revealed at that match.

Sting and RVD have accused each other of being the newest member, and of course, both have denied the accusation. Neither one trusts the other going into the match. Will one of them turn on the other and join the Horsemen? Is it a surprise dark horse candidate that will be revealed at that match? Or is Flair bluffing entirely?

Meanwhile, The Band -- Nash, Hall, and X-Pac -- are running wild and destroying TNA, all with Eric Bischoff's backing. But now Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe, and Sean Morley have had enough. They've formed the TNA Alliance, and they're prepared to go to war to stop The Band from playing.

And Bobby Lashley, after being left off the card entirely at the last PPV, is looking for respect, and he thinks the best way to get it is to challenge Kurt Angle. After Angle rejected the initial challenge, saying he wanted some time off to recuperate from grueling back-to-back title matches against Styles and Flair, Lashley attacked him backstage, drawing him into a match.

All around TNA, tension is running high heading into the next PPV.

I just pulled my first 2.0+ rating with USPW, we are gaining a full head of steam and just getting larger at a scary rate. It is currently only Week 2 of June 2010.

I decided to check out my workers and their popularity in relation to other guys in the United States. Knowing that Tyson Baine is at A* Overness, I decide to filter it so A* Overness was the minimum. 3 men popped up.

1.Bruce The Giant (Unemployed)

2. Sam Strong (USPW)

3. Tyson Baine (USPW)

Yeah, Bruce got there on ME building him like that in a month and a half, but then decided to leave after his contract ran out so I just stopped using him for half a month.

Well okay, lets compare to just A overness in the United States then...

1.Bruce The Giant (Unemployed)

2.Enygma (USPW)

3.Jack Bruce (SWF)

4.James Justice (USPW)

5.Sam Strong (USPW)

6.T-Rex (USPW)

7.Tyson Baine (USPW)

So yes, I currently sit with 5 of the most popular workers in the United States, and can take pride in the fact that the unemployed one was built by me as well. SWF, you will fall!

Started my own group on Rock Hard level, the Tri-State Wrestling Association, in July of 2006 using a real world mod. Top names are Jack Avatar, Bryan Danielson, TJ Wilson, Adam Pearce and the Briscoe Brothers. I ran monthly and the first two shows resulted in money losing months and I figured the third show would be it. Turns out the first two shows did well enough that the sponsorship money the third one brought in was enough to get me back into the black. Attendance hovers around the 50-60 fan mark but they've all been D/D+ so they've helped build the TWA up. I ran monthly shows for the first three months before going to twice a month. I'd make more money running once a month but going twice a month means I can stay at Small size rather than bouncing back and forth from Local to Small and then back again. I'm using a system for the main event feuds that works really well for me; I pick a singles or tag feud to headline with, it runs for three or four shows and are the only matches I announce in advance, and when it's run it's course, another feud starts and the cycle repeats. It mean I only have to book out one feud in advance rather than entire cards. I don't have any titles yet but I think I might introduce one in my year-end show.

I love the new Brute gimmick effect, I have just got Iceman (a little known British worker) from F+ to C overness in just 10 shows! Good job too since the WWE stole Jimmy Rave, now I have someone to fight Doug Williams at my anniversary show.

Loving the Iceman love :)

I love the new Brute gimmick effect, I have just got Iceman (a little known British worker) from F+ to C overness in just 10 shows! Good job too since the WWE stole Jimmy Rave, now I have someone to fight Doug Williams at my anniversary show.

I got my rep to high (it really doesn't take long does it) and now I am bringing 21CW to the real world. WWE look out!

The Iceman is at it again, in two months in my new 21CW he has gone from D+ to A! He is being managed by Ric Flair and is about to start a monsters feud with Goldberg. I will then have him turn face by attacking Flair and go after the title.

It's just a shame that I am going to go bust because of these misc expenses. :(

I somehow got Murderous Mikey from 0 Popularity to 62 Popularity in the tri-state area, under his Canadian Executioner gimmick. Currently playing as my small promotion, with a huge popularity of 22 in the tri-state area, and 0 everywhere else (other than some spillover) I'm currently in August of 2010.

He was on a huge losing streak, haha... gotta love those menace based angles, though.

But, he can't last more than 5 minutes in a match, and he's my 'top star'

He's not going anywhere near my world title, as my world title matches are usually 25+ minutes long, each.. :rolleyes:

Archived