What's going on in your game?

That sounds like a great storyline. Personally, I would turn Faith heel. Play it out that he's grew jealous of Hawkins' rise to stardom in the SWF and has become the bitter veteran who brought Hawkins to the company in the first place. Plus, Hawkins is kind of the reason Faith was suspended.

This is how I would book it. Just having Faith turn heel would be awesome. He should beat Hawkins every night, cut promos on him, just to make him an über heel :p Awesome storyline by the way, good job!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is how I would book it. Just having Faith turn heel would be awesome. He should beat Hawkins every night, cut promos on him, just to make him an über heel :p Awesome storyline by the way, good job!

In any SWF game I play, I always toy with the idea of turning Faith. In '08, I had him turn on Jack Bruce and allign himself with Eric & Richard Eisen. That was probably my favourite game, even if it did only last 6 months.

I would personally say turning Wolf would work better, between the two of them IMO...Wolf would just always be the heel. You've already planted the seeds for the reasoning, have him lose and somehow turn on Faith, alongside Eisen, for Faith being the reason he's been put through all of this as well as the usual young upstart vs. beloved veteran angle.

Not sure about him throwing the match though, winning then turning on Faith in the aftermath sounds better to me.

From my diary game -

here.

I started as a 0/0/0 company in Canada, so I'm having to be really frugal when it comes to booking, which makes good shows hard to come by when I have a crappy undercard who cost $100 each. My user character has a 7 in negotiation, but the wrestling industry and the economy in Canada are really bad at the moment, so I'm having to end up paying a lot more for people. Regardless, since my announcer/road agent(user) and referee(owner) are free, I'm saving a fair amount in costs.

Here's my finances for the first 6 months:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l126/Seth_ep/PWZ/pwzfinance.jpg

In June and April I brought in Travis Century and Fumihiro Ota for one off shows for $2000 each, against my main star and champion Davis Wayne Newton.

If I can keep afloat till small, I'll be rolling in the money. http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/../../~arles/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Speaking of small, I'm tied for 37th place in the promotion rankings with ACPW, reaching 8% importance in Ontario (our home region) against their 8% in the Maritimes. At this rate, due to Ontario's much higher region importance, I'll beat them to small, hopefully get enough prestige to go to war successfully with them, and put them out of business, which was the whole point of this diary in the first place. http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/../../~arles/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Giving Newton wins over Century and Ota has really boosted his popularity - Newton gained a massive 11% just for his win over Century, and is now at 48% popularity (D) in Ontario. He is worlds ahead of the rest of the PWZ roster, the next highest being Jayson van Pelt at 21 (E-).

Are you writing a diary? If so i would read it

Agreed! Sounds like you have some awesome stuff going on. :)

This sounds better than real TNA.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I enjoy posting in these types of threads every once in a while, but I don't have the patience to stick to doing a running dynasty.

The guys who do those are really in-depth, very thorough, and very committed. I just don't think I'd be able to commit myself to posting the frequent and detailed updates that make a good dynasty.

But I really appreciate the encouragement.

ACPW: Major roster changes. Daedelus has set a D- Psychology minimum on all hires and extensions which leaves a lot of "ACPW originals" out in the cold. Jay Becker, Ricochet Ramone, Marc Raisin - all gone. Gotta find some replacements for them.

Can you turn on the owner goals after you've started the game (through preferences)? I think it would work better, to get any signings out of the way first, THEN get the restrictions. I don't have my game in front of me, but some restrictions scrap a storyline I had planned.

Can you turn on the owner goals after you've started the game (through preferences)? I think it would work better, to get any signings out of the way first, THEN get the restrictions. I don't have my game in front of me, but some restrictions scrap a storyline I had planned.

You sure can! :cool:

So I brought in Isaac Taylor (The Jamaican wrestler based in Australia) for the SWF as well as Eddie Howard and Grandmaster Phunk (using an alt from Eisen Verse's diary) and so far its going quite well.

Phunk and 'Macho' Eddie Howard are using a mixture of gimmicks with Phunk using his pimp gimmick and Macho using a Macho Madness gimmick and working off how both debuted at the same time with Phunk using his 'connections' to hook Howard up for the night.

The next week I had The Samoan Wildboyz attack Phunk after beating them for a second time in singles competition only to have Howard come out and make the save.

With Taylor I put him straight in at my reinstated Shooting Star Title division race by having him go over various enhancement talents, openers and so on just to build some momentum. Testing the waters for him vs Marc DuBois which would see the fun babyface go up against the loner, stuck in a rut, one man minority.

Elsewhere up the card I had Valiant challenge Brandon James for the last few months for the North American without ever getting an accepted challenge for the shot as James and more importantly Emma Chase didn't think he was worth the shot. So started him on a feud against James making constant attacks on him as well as facing previous champions to prove he's ready. His biggest challenge looks to be my current world champion Rich Money but I think I'll have Money DQ'd so that Valiant will still win without pinning my majorly out of control world champion. :)

Perhaps you could have Faith help Hawkins win the title and as he raises Hawkins arm in victory he gets smashed in the head with the title belt completeing a great heel turn for Hawkins. Then you could have a 3 way rivalry with Hawkins, Faith and Eisen (who would claim he lost the title unfairly and that he is still the rightful champion) That should set you up for a few good months.

I actually really like this idea, and think I'll go this way. Turning Hawkins was always my intention. I'll keep Eisen out of it (he's not been champ for me since my first PPV) Probably work the Youngster vs Veteran type thing, seeing as how Christian is probably gonna retire soon (this last injury really took his condition down, I doubt he's got more than a year). Depending on the ratings, I may just work a short program, then put Hawkins in a feud with Jack Giedroyc. Wolf's three matches against him all scored As, and I've spent the last few months working Jack towards the main even scene. Should be a pretty good feud.

I actually really like this idea, and think I'll go this way. Turning Hawkins was always my intention. I'll keep Eisen out of it (he's not been champ for me since my first PPV) Probably work the Youngster vs Veteran type thing, seeing as how Christian is probably gonna retire soon (this last injury really took his condition down, I doubt he's got more than a year). Depending on the ratings, I may just work a short program, then put Hawkins in a feud with Jack Giedroyc. Wolf's three matches against him all scored As, and I've spent the last few months working Jack towards the main even scene. Should be a pretty good feud.

Glad you liked it.

Ric Flair just reached 65 in my game, obviously he didn't want to renew his contract so I gave him one last run at the big time.

I had him come out and announce his retirement after the next PPV. the dastardly champion Homicide then brutally attacked poor Naitch. From there it was just a case of giving him wins over midcarders to get him prepared and lots of amazing mic work between the two.

He went down heroically in the main event and got a B rating, not bad for an old man.

Fare thee well Ric.

I was getting nowhere fast in the UK (has anyone managed to get a promotion to National there yet?) and this happened:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/TEWMexwipeout.jpg

hmm, I don't think this is a coincidence. :)

I decided to bring wrestling back to Mexico so I gave them OLLIE.

It's going well so far, I have managed a few B's in the early shows. The economy and industry are in the toilet however so it will be while before I am making any money.

I am doing a fun little game, WWE vs WCW, its the WWE but I changed Smackdown to WCW Nitro and renamed Raw WWE Raw, I also got rid of ECW and Superstars WWE and WCW will have seprate PPV's except for Wreslemania which is named WWE/WCW Wreslemania which will be a supercard and include aleast 1 interpromontional match, I let the undertaker go after an injury, I also got rid of the Tag Titles as I was never a fan of the tag titles in real life, these wrestlers are either suspended or on a vacation.

Melina (Injured)

Chavo Guerrerro (Vacation)

Randy Orton (Suspended after testing positive for Steroids for the 2nd time)

These are my champions.

WWE:

WWE Heavyweight: John Cena

WWE IC:MVP

WWE Television:Shamus

WWE Womens:Maryse

WCW:

WCW Heavyweight:Triple H

WCW United States:Matt Hardy

WCW Crusierweight: "Amazing" Shane Helms

WCW Women's:Micky James

I hold a PPV for the WWE on the 2nd Sunday of the month and a PPV for the WCW on the 4th Sunday of the Month,although not complete here is the card so far for both.

WWE Elemination Chambers:

In a Elemination Chambers match for the WWE Heavyweight title:

© John Cena vs The Miz vs Rey Mysterio vs Shawn Micheals vs Ted Dibese vs The Big Show

For the WWE Women's championship:

©Maryse vs Kelly Kelly

For the WWE Television Championship:

©Shamus vs Cody Rhodes

For the WWE IC Championship:

©MVP vs Batista

WCW Superbrawl:

For the WCW Heavyweight Championship:

©Triple H vs Kane

For the WCW United States Championship:

©Matt Hardy vs Christian

For the WCW Crusierweight Championship:

©"Amazing"Shane Helms vs Jerry Lynn

In a Number 1 contender match for the WCW Heavyweight Championship:

Edge vs Booker T.

I think my game is going pretty good so far, most of the time people seems to like my shows.

I am almost to Regional with ACPW. It's currently 2016.

Since there's not really any angles and storylines in ACPW it's hard to say what's going on, but Alex Braun is my current Junior Heavyweight titleholder. It's like his fourth time because every single time there's contract negotiations he wants a title run.

Sky King and Arthur Dexter Bradley have formed a tag team called the Kings and they've held my Tag Team title for over a year now. I've had to learn to focus on using tag teams in my game. I tend to naturally focus on the singles titles and so the tag team belt got neglected for a long time, but it's pretty prestigious now and a good way to develop my lower card workers.

Cal Sanders has my regional belt, which is appropriate with his lumberjack gimmick (which has since become a hillbilly gimmick). He's gonna lose it to Antonio Del Veccio soon though, as Antonio demanded a title run in his contract and he's a great worker for the level I'm at.

I'm consistently posting C- shows. All my guys have really improved and are showing C matches pretty regularly.

Currently in charge of SWF, just coming up to Let The Games Begin (October PPV) 2010. Gonna have Christian Faith defend his World title against Angry Gilmore, and gonna have Spencer Spade defend his NA title against Lobster Warrior as I continue his monster push. Other matches I have lined up are Steve Frehley vs Rich Money, Marat Khoklov vs Jack Bruce and Sam Keith vs Vengeance.

I'm struggling to book Remo. I know he's got great menace and star quality, and he's pretty easy to get over, but despite that he just can't do good matches with anyone. I know match quality isn't the top thing in SWF, but if he's gonna be main eventing he could do with at least being able to put on half decent matches with people. The best match he's been in is a B match - and that was with Christian Faith who can pretty much get a B out of anyone. It kind of makes me hesitant to eventually stick the world title on Remo. Any ideas?

That's really surprising to me, how are you booking him? For me he's been an absolute machine, average is a B and with guys like Bruce psychology may be lacking, but I've had three of my four or five A matches with him involved - him vs. Money, him vs. Faith (both just shortish STV main events) and a fourway for the title with him, Frehley, Eisen and Money. Just make sure he's in matches where someone else can sell better than him, and someone else has slightly better psychology, until he's better in those areas. He's got great stamina so going all out and having lengthy slow build matches at PPVs can work, and if his overness and momentum is good then a match with a top competitor should be a guaranteed high rating.

Yeah I've been a bit confused by it cos he was an absolute beast for me in 08. To be honest he's not been in a huge amount of matches (especially for a main event guy), he's had a couple of matches with the top guys at PPVs and other than that he's mostly been doing squash matches. I should probably just put him in more matches, with guys with better psychology like you said, and hope he improves. Heck, might stick him in a tag team with Enforcer Roberts.

Archived