What's going on in your game?

In my RoH Save. Well into March 1st Week, 2010.

Tyler Black has been Ring of Honor champion for about two months beating Aries at Injustice 3.

American Wolves beat the Briscoe Brothers, The Embassy (Bison Smith and Jimmy Rave), and the Kings of Wrestling at Full Circle 2010 for the titles.

Delirious is the current TV Champ defending it two times against Colt Cabana and Erick Stevens. He won it on Ring of Honor TV pre show match against Teddy Hart, Kevin Steen, Colt Cabana, and Brian Kendrick.

My Number Ones

Franchise Player: Chris Hero

Next Big Thing: None

Hot Prospect: Joey Ryan

Talk the Talk: Chris Hero

Show Stopper: Chris Hero

Ring General: Bryan Danielson

Who's Hot: Petey Williams

Who's Not: Daizee Haze

Time Decline: Jerry Lynn

And I'm happy since Hero completed his NOAH tour and Claudio! *Manly Fist Pump*

Number One Contenders

RoH Title: Jerry Lynn

Tag Team: Briscoe Brothers

TV: Human Tornado

Best Show: Injustice 3

Best Match: Tyler Black defeated Austin Aries

With TNA Working Agreement. I've got new talent once in a while.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took Pro-Wrestling MAX, edited them to have significantly more money and started a game as them. I didn't alter any of the product settings. I've been playing the game for about two years in game. From the start I envisioned PWMAX as Ring of Honor, and pro actively set about signing the very best independent workers I could. My starting roster was a who's who with names like Greg Gauge, Matthew Keith, Remmy Skye, Samoan Machine, Masked Cougar, Burning EXILE, Fumihiro Ota, etc, etc. The problem with that tactic is every single guy on my roster was prime talent raid fodder. So without fail, I've lost virtually everyone from my initial roster except a few. And as a result, my roster quality has declined each raid. I've never gone past the C+ shows I was doing in my first few months. I now average about C-.

My first MAX Champion was Remmy Skye. A safe bet for the South West. Then Remmy shattered his elbow, and was out over a year. I hotshotted the title to Masked Cougar, who had been setting my midcard on fire. Within a month of his reign TCW raided him. I thought about just retiring the concept of a championship for the promotion, but I decided to put the title on Greg Gauge who was on his own after his brother abandoned us.

Greg went on to be my Bryan Danielson. He held the title for over a year, rejected offers from other promotions, and defended the championship eleven times. He managed to score a B rating in front of 1,000 fans with American Elemental in a title match, and not a single match as champion fell below C. He's solely responsible for MAX's growth. I was doing sub-300 attendance. By the end I could have done 1,500 in the South West. During Gauge's run, I scored a major coup (or so I assumed...) as I signed Buddy Garner and began building towards Garner vs. Gauge for the title.

A few days before the match, Greg signed with GCG full time. Thankfully he left enough time for the match to take place, where Garner took the championship. Five days later, Garner announced his signing with GCG full time.

With no champion, I scheduled a one night tournament for my final show of the year, MAXMAS. In the finals, Hugh de Aske as a "thank you" gesture for never leaving the promotion beat Ricky DeColt to win the championship. In reality, the move kind of betrayed MAX's methods as Hugh isn't anywhere near the best worker on the roster. He's simply been loyal.

The Pro-Wrestling MAX roster as of January 2012 at Regional

Main Eventer:

Dragon Del Arco Iris Jr.

Hugh de Aske - MAX Champion

Kirk Jameson

Remmy Skye

Ricky DeColt

Upper Midcard:

Darryl Devine

Jared Johnson

Mikey James

Shooter Sean Delay

Velocidad

Midcard:

Amazing Fire Fly

Ernest Youngman

Joe Benning

Joey Beauchamp

Roderick Remus

The American Flash

Lower Midcard:

Cal Sanders

Joss Thompson

Tigre Salvaje Jr.

Opener:

El Mitico Jr.

Johnny "Ant-Man" Heizenger

Shane Nelson

Just had Murderous Mikey continue his huge popularity gain.

He just went from 62-69 popularity in the Tri-State area where I run my shows. From one show. He.. won a squash match in 1 minute. And did a menace based angle.

How should I use him? Should I job him out to a more talented worker, so I can actually get some use from this overness? :confused:

I currently have him as "Canadian Executioner" I do have the Bulldozer Brandon Smith on my roster, as the American Patriot.

The possibilities...

UPDATE: Just booked one more show, and Murderous Mikey the Canadian Executioner is now at 77 popularity in the Tri-State area. A few more shows in, and he's at 90 popularity in the Tri-State area, he still only wants $700 a show. haha

Just had Murderous Mikey continue his huge popularity gain.

He just went from 62-69 popularity in the Tri-State area where I run my shows. From one show. He.. won a squash match in 1 minute. And did a menace based angle.

How should I use him? Should I job him out to a more talented worker, so I can actually get some use from this overness? :confused:

I currently have him as "Canadian Executioner" I do have the Bulldozer Brandon Smith on my roster, as the American Patriot.

The possibilities...

UPDATE: Just booked one more show, and Murderous Mikey the Canadian Executioner is now at 77 popularity in the Tri-State area. A few more shows in, and he's at 90 popularity in the Tri-State area, he still only wants $700 a show. haha

Obviously keep throwing him angles a lot, and book him in tag matches and use the "protect" road agent note. That should help you deal with his low stamina.

Well i've just got to June and i finally feel like the company has my stamp on it now.

I have Jack Bruce back as World Champion going up against Remo at the moment and i have a brilliant 4 way feud going for the North American title between Dubois, Big Cat Brandon (Face now), Angry Gilmore & Lobster Warrior.

I've decided that i'm not a fan of Joe Sexy and my tag division needs an overhaul. I'm a fan of Squeeky McClean and i am currently searching for a heel partner for him to go against Valiant & Jack Giedroyc.

I have signed Jay Chord, Matthew Keith and Greg Gauge and they are now being managed by Emma Chase, which i think has potential. I'm considering getting a big star in too but not sure who (maybe Runaway Train)

Joe Sexy isn't that bad and since I'm sticking with the starting storylines the Feud between him and Brandon is going well with Angles of Sexy based on entertainment and Emma based on Sex Appeal getting int he B and B+ range. But I digress since everyone else is already telling you how good Sexy is for an SE fed.

Tag Teams and Squeeky McClean

I bolstered the tag division as well. First I needed a team just like you do to go against Giedroyc & Valiant. My answer was teaming McClean up With Angry Gilmore. They both of Straight Edge Gimmicks so I put them in a team called The Moral Majority. I have Giedroyc and Valiant playing the All-American good guys while Gilmore and McClean complain about them not being good enough.

I also added two new Face teams and another new heel team. Jungle Lord and American Machine as Jungle Machines (not original but I figure Jack will rub off an Machine) and I brought up Cheetah Boy up from development to team with Captain Atomic as his sidekick in The Supercrew. For the heels I also teamed Marc DuBois who I have no current plans for with Enforcer Roberts as I kind of heel student mentor thing.

I just made it to September in my ACPW game. I still have not managed to best a D+ match, but we are still in business. The company is taking a few months off from promoting to save some money. The biggest development has been the awesomeness of Jamie Aitherton. He is pure money.

Jayson van Pelt has been a stand-out star in my game, he pulled a C main event match/c- show 4 months into the game :D

ACPW, December 2010.

I've been using Charles Avatar and he's allowed me to get some good matches and steadily increase my popularity, though I can't get the crowd to like him.

Mimic and Malik Cash are my two singles titleholders right now. I rarely do tag team matches as I do one 1-hour show a month to try and keep expenses down.

I'm actually going to go into debt soon if I don't either take a couple months off or limit myself to using three wrestlers per show. :p

My fan base is growing though. Last show had a crowd of 29 people. ;)

Mimic has been my man. My Mimic/Charles Avatar matches consistently get a C- so it's been a good main event.

I'm only coming to the end of my first month playing my promotion WFS, which in previous TEWs has been like SHIMMER, as in women's wrestling rated on ability, but decided to have a change and gone for ECW stylee product (so vulgar, sensationalist rubbish mixed with some good in-ring action ;))

Very much enjoying it so far

Just started a new game as OLLIE. I approached FCW and CZCW with working agreements, and decided I wanted one with MPWF too. Tried to end the non-aggression pact to get a working agreement one. Next day to my e-mail comes:

"Title:

MPWF taken exception to the ending of the relationship between your two companies, and have declared war on you."

Well you asked for it!

Just started a new SWF game which is off to a good start. Here's how When Hell Freezes Over turned out:

Brandon James defeats Joe Sexy in a First Blood match (via Emma Chase distraction) to retain the SWF North American Title: B

Lobster Warrior defeats Runaway Train via a flash pin (the attempted Train Wreck powerbomb gets sunset flipped): C

Christian Faith cuts a promo on Marat Khoklov: B+

Jack Giedroyc and Valiant defeat Frederique and Marc DuBois to retain the SWF World Tag Titles: C+

Jack Bruce hypes the main event, says he'll win his title back tonight: A

Vengeance defeats Steve Frehley, Angry Gilmore and Squeeky McClean: B

Vengeance and Steve Frehley keep fighting, brawl all the way to the back: A

Remo wins a battle royal: B-

Brandon James sneak attacks Rich Money backstage, softening him up for his title match: A

Hype video: Christian Faith vs. Marat Khoklov: B+

Christian Faith defeats Marat Khoklov by DQ: B-

Hype video: Eric Eisen vs. Jack Bruce vs. Rich Money: A

Eric Eisen defeats Jack Bruce and Rich Money to retain the SWF World Heavyweight Title: A

Final show rating: A

Somehow Faith's DQ win over Khoklov has left them both with A* popularity across the US. Not sure whether to keep their feud going or find a reason to pit them against new opponents to try to bring more of the roster up into the A* club. Any advice?

Somehow Faith's DQ win over Khoklov has left them both with A* popularity across the US. Not sure whether to keep their feud going or find a reason to pit them against new opponents to try to bring more of the roster up into the A* club. Any advice?

Personally, I've kept the feud going for a long time but used them in a lot of segments with other workers involved to give them boosts. Most recently it incorporated the ever epic Lobster Warrior vs. Big Smack Scott feud, which in itself has drawn in a lot of other workers and has both men approaching main event level popularity. Khoklov can beat the crap out of people and Faith make the save, or Faith can have a war of words with a bad guy only for Khoklov to come in and lead to a big beatdown...and then maybe a rival of the other guy in the promo can come to Faith's aid. So the overness is spread while the storyline remains main event centric until you've got everything you can out of it.

Currently playing with WWE, 2 weeks before WrestleMania XXVI. Planning to run the following card:

(Info: A little fantasy based, mixed with some real feuds. Started in Jan 2010 and vacated all the titles.)

WWE WrestleMania XXVI

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

John Morrison vs. Evan Bourne vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Paul London

- Lots of high-flyers in this one, and they should be able to put on a great match. Shelton is the current IC champion, and i'm planning to continue his push with a victory here, but i could also give it to Morrison, although he is already being pushed as a Main Eventer.

ECW Championship

Bryan Danielson © vs. William Regal

- Was planning another Danielson vs. Kaval match, but sadly Kaval got injured at Elimination Chamber. Danielson will of course go over Regal here.

WWE United States Championship

Booker T © vs. MVP

Brought Booker T back as a joker, but he has put on some very good matches, and currently has an 8-2 record. Haven't decided who will win this yet, but could see MVP winning the title.

Ted DiBiase vs. Randy Orton

Ted turned on Randy in the Chamber, and will definitely go over Randy here. Cody stayed with Randy, and i might make this a handicap match.

Mask vs. Hair

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

- We all know about Mysterios steriod use, and so does Punk. What more is there to say? I'm not planning to let Mysterio lose his mask, so i guess he will go over Punk here.

WWE Unified World Tag Team Championship - Tables, Ladders & Chairs

The Hart Dynasty © vs. Edge & Christian vs. The Hardyz

- HD will get the big win here, continuing their push. Shades of the Attitude Era.

Brock vs. Rock II

Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock

- Brought Brock back for fun, but then he put on an A match with HHH at the Rumble. Now Rock returns to the ring for one night only for his rematch from '02. Guess Brock will take the win, as Rock can't really use it.

Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon

John Cena vs. Batista

- You know the drill.. Hart came back, only to be screwed by McMahon again. Cena stood up for Bret, and will now fight Batista who alligned himself with McMahon.

WWE Championship

Triple H © vs. Shawn Michaels

HHH took the title at the Rumble, while HBK won the Rumble Match. At EC, HBK helped his partner retain, however HHH turned on him the following night on RAW.

World Heavyweight Championship

Chris Jericho © vs. The Undertaker

Jericho won the title at RR in a classic match against Taker, and also retained in the Chamber. Planning a Jericho vs. Morrison feud, but I guess it will have to wait, as i can't let Jericho go over Taker at WM.

Mask vs. Hair

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

- We all know about Mysterios steriod use, and so does Punk. What more is there to say? I'm not planning to let Mysterio lose his mask, so i guess he will go over Punk here.

Shaving CM Punk is inspired. It must happen in real life!

Jericho won the title at RR in a classic match against Taker, and also retained in the Chamber. Planning a Jericho vs. Morrison feud, but I guess it will have to wait, as i can't let Jericho go over Taker at WM.

Option 1: Cheap finish. Jericho takes the cheap DQ out and the streak survives but the title does not change hands.

Option 2: Taker wins the title. John Morrison cashes in Money in the Bank and beats Taker at Mania. John Morrison = Future Hall of Famer.

Option 1: Cheap finish. Jericho takes the cheap DQ out and the streak survives but the title does not change hands.

Option 2: Taker wins the title. John Morrison cashes in Money in the Bank and beats Taker at Mania. John Morrison = Future Hall of Famer.

I'm not going to ruin the WM main event with a cheap finish, so obviously #1 is not an option ;)

I like #2 however, so i might look into that.

i am playing as Calgary stampede wrestling in 1989. my major draws are dynamite kid , owen hart bob brown davey boy smith( injured for the next 3 months) and benoit who is rising through the ranks. dynamite kid is my franchise player holding the prestiges north American heavyweight title (is being poached by njpw atm) there is some stiff competition from uswa uswf , and the pwf who's prestige and momentum levels are higher than myne atm so i need to put on some great shows to compete with them. i have made some good signings in yoko , mark callous abdullah the butcher , bob backland and dustin rhodes to name a few. i had to pay a bit over for them to cover the travel expenses but you have to spend money to make money. im fast approaching the end of my first month so i will asses my finical situation afterward and see where i am at in terms of talent acquisitions.

In one of my three main games, I've been booking SWF for a little over five years. About a year ago, I was able to acquire Wolf Hawkins from TCW. Since he's been a well-known friend and ally of Cornell, I decided to use that in my booking of him.

I booked his onscreen debut as a contract signing by SWF Management Director Christian Faith (who got the job after an injury that's keeping him out of the ring, but able to work angles.) I played it out that the contract had been arranged behind Mr. Eisen's back, which ticked off the boss. I have Eisen come out and "suspend" Faith (I wanted to give Faith some time off while his injury finished healing.) He also tried to fire Wolf, only to find out that the contract was unbreakable by either party.

Since he couldn't fire Wolf, Eisen decided to punish him by making him win a best of three series against every single wrestler on the roster, starting with the very bottom. If Wolf survived, he would get a shot at the World Title, and if he won the title, the suspension on Christian Faith would be lifted. If he lost any of the best of the best of three challenges, he would be exiled to RIPW until his contract expired.

It's taken some time (and ended up with some really good matches, but also some simply terrible ones; his match against BSS was so terrible that I almost fired them both) but I've gotten through all but three workers. Wolf has A momentum, and is at A popularity throughout the US (and rated pretty high in Canada and Mexico, since I'm also broadcasting in those areas.) I've been using a Man on a Mission gimmick for Wolf, portraying him as something of a cross between Bruce Willis' character in the Die Hard Movies, and Tommy Dreamer of the early ECW days. For over a year, Wolf has had to do everything to survive, including cheating in matches and bribing refs. He's become bitter and grown to hate what he's becoming. I've even had him run promos where he's starting to turn against the fans who are loving every minute of his trial.

My main problem is how to end this thing. Obviously, he's gonna have to make it to the World Title match. I'm just not sure where to go from there. I've toyed with the idea of having Faith return and cost him the match, then working a program between the two of them. I've also considered doing the reverse, turning Wolf heel all the way, and having him throw the match to keep Faith out of the SWF. Then I could run a bit where we find out Eisen told him that if he threw the match, he could stay on the main roster.

Anyone got any suggestions?

In one of my three main games, I've been booking SWF for a little over five years. About a year ago, I was able to acquire Wolf Hawkins from TCW. Since he's been a well-known friend and ally of Cornell, I decided to use that in my booking of him.

I booked his onscreen debut as a contract signing by SWF Management Director Christian Faith (who got the job after an injury that's keeping him out of the ring, but able to work angles.) I played it out that the contract had been arranged behind Mr. Eisen's back, which ticked off the boss. I have Eisen come out and "suspend" Faith (I wanted to give Faith some time off while his injury finished healing.) He also tried to fire Wolf, only to find out that the contract was unbreakable by either party.

Since he couldn't fire Wolf, Eisen decided to punish him by making him win a best of three series against every single wrestler on the roster, starting with the very bottom. If Wolf survived, he would get a shot at the World Title, and if he won the title, the suspension on Christian Faith would be lifted. If he lost any of the best of the best of three challenges, he would be exiled to RIPW until his contract expired.

It's taken some time (and ended up with some really good matches, but also some simply terrible ones; his match against BSS was so terrible that I almost fired them both) but I've gotten through all but three workers. Wolf has A momentum, and is at A popularity throughout the US (and rated pretty high in Canada and Mexico, since I'm also broadcasting in those areas.) I've been using a Man on a Mission gimmick for Wolf, portraying him as something of a cross between Bruce Willis' character in the Die Hard Movies, and Tommy Dreamer of the early ECW days. For over a year, Wolf has had to do everything to survive, including cheating in matches and bribing refs. He's become bitter and grown to hate what he's becoming. I've even had him run promos where he's starting to turn against the fans who are loving every minute of his trial.

My main problem is how to end this thing. Obviously, he's gonna have to make it to the World Title match. I'm just not sure where to go from there. I've toyed with the idea of having Faith return and cost him the match, then working a program between the two of them. I've also considered doing the reverse, turning Wolf heel all the way, and having him throw the match to keep Faith out of the SWF. Then I could run a bit where we find out Eisen told him that if he threw the match, he could stay on the main roster.

Perhaps you could have Faith help Hawkins win the title and as he raises Hawkins arm in victory he gets smashed in the head with the title belt completeing a great heel turn for Hawkins. Then you could have a 3 way rivalry with Hawkins, Faith and Eisen (who would claim he lost the title unfairly and that he is still the rightful champion) That should set you up for a few good months.

Currently playing with WWE, 2 weeks before WrestleMania XXVI. Planning to run the following card:

(Info: A little fantasy based, mixed with some real feuds. Started in Jan 2010 and vacated all the titles.)

WWE WrestleMania XXVI

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

John Morrison vs. Evan Bourne vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Paul London

- Lots of high-flyers in this one, and they should be able to put on a great match. Shelton is the current IC champion, and i'm planning to continue his push with a victory here, but i could also give it to Morrison, although he is already being pushed as a Main Eventer.

ECW Championship

Bryan Danielson © vs. William Regal

- Was planning another Danielson vs. Kaval match, but sadly Kaval got injured at Elimination Chamber. Danielson will of course go over Regal here.

WWE United States Championship

Booker T © vs. MVP

Brought Booker T back as a joker, but he has put on some very good matches, and currently has an 8-2 record. Haven't decided who will win this yet, but could see MVP winning the title.

Ted DiBiase vs. Randy Orton

Ted turned on Randy in the Chamber, and will definitely go over Randy here. Cody stayed with Randy, and i might make this a handicap match.

Mask vs. Hair

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

WWE Unified World Tag Team Championship - Tables, Ladders & Chairs

The Hart Dynasty © vs. Edge & Christian vs. The Hardyz

- HD will get the big win here, continuing their push. Shades of the Attitude Era.

Brock vs. Rock II

Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock

- Brought Brock back for fun, but then he put on an A match with HHH at the Rumble. Now Rock returns to the ring for one night only for his rematch from '02. Guess Brock will take the win, as Rock can't really use it.

Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon

John Cena vs. Batista

- You know the drill.. Hart came back, only to be screwed by McMahon again. Cena stood up for Bret, and will now fight Batista who alligned himself with McMahon.

WWE Championship

Triple H © vs. Shawn Michaels

HHH took the title at the Rumble, while HBK won the Rumble Match. At EC, HBK helped his partner retain, however HHH turned on him the following night on RAW.

If this was a real Wrestlemania card I would probably cream my pants

I just took over yet another promotion as WCW, this time MOSC. Pillaging Jeffrey McPeterson and Rolling Johnny Stones, leaving the others adrift. I'd expect to leave McPeterson to the UK scene once more after his contract expires but Stones will probably stay depending on performances.

Year 3 of ACPW. Finally booking monthly shows after growing the promotion to small. Grooming Philippe LeGrenier to be my next titleholder. I also hired Brimstone as an Opener. He's terrible, but he's always been one of my favorite characters in the game. :D

Been having trouble with contract negotiations and as a result hired a midcarder (Adam Braun) for way, way more than he was worth. Going to let his contract expire and go from there. Wish I could filter wrestlers by how local they are so I don't get to negotations and then find out I would have to pay out the nose for their travel expenses.

I should be able to become a regional fed eventually. I'm consistently able to book a C- or so Main Event which is pretty good for a small promotion I think.

Oh and I've also had a falling out with Alysian Scotsfield after what's being called "the Alysians Scotsfield fart incident."

That sounds like a great storyline. Personally, I would turn Faith heel. Play it out that he's grew jealous of Hawkins' rise to stardom in the SWF and has become the bitter veteran who brought Hawkins to the company in the first place. Plus, Hawkins is kind of the reason Faith was suspended.

Archived