The Official ROH Discussion Thread

Wrestling Century

Well I wrote ROH about this and they said that the show was cancelled and they are not going back to the Boston market in 2011. To me this means that they are probably going to be out of the Boston market for good as they need to start putting on house shows in the new markets that they are going to be entering.

It sucks for me but I understand why it is being done.

Yeah that sucks BHK, the Boston shows were the only shows I could go to as well so it def sucks but like you said I understand it, It's kind of pointless to go to areas at this point when your trying to branch out to areas that your new TV show is going to be in.

Is it me or does it bother you that the main event for tonight ROH show is a tag match that includes the world champ? It does me. Maybe he will turn BUT I know they have a show tomorrow so maybe he turns on the next one.

Bother me? No, definitely not. I don't want there to be a world title match on every show, like there seemed to be during much of Gabe's time as booker. Putting the champ in tag matches is a good way to involve him without putting the title on the line. When you factor in this being an actual team, plus it being comprised of the champ and the guy he just won the title from, I think there's a lot of intrigue this weekend.

As for a possible heel turn? If you're suggesting Davey might turn, I don't think there's any way that happens. There is a better chance of Eddie turning, but I don't think that'll happen either--at least not yet.

Bother me? No, definitely not. I don't want there to be a world title match on every show, like there seemed to be during much of Gabe's time as booker. Putting the champ in tag matches is a good way to involve him without putting the title on the line. When you factor in this being an actual team, plus it being comprised of the champ and the guy he just won the title from, I think there's a lot of intrigue this weekend.

As for a possible heel turn? If you're suggesting Davey might turn, I don't think there's any way that happens. There is a better chance of Eddie turning, but I don't think that'll happen either--at least not yet.

How can a guy take the belt from the another guy and the guy not get pissed. I think they should maybe have Eddie be a little slow to help break up a pin or not help as fast. Put the seed of doubt in Davey that Eddie isn't helping him out as a friend or something then have Eddie turn on him.

How can a guy take the belt from the another guy and the guy not get pissed. I think they should maybe have Eddie be a little slow to help break up a pin or not help as fast. Put the seed of doubt in Davey that Eddie isn't helping him out as a friend or something then have Eddie turn on him.

Because they are friends, pretty much family. The emotion after their match at Best in the World shows that. It's almost like saying Flair should have been annoyed at HBK for retiring him.

Neither man will (or shouldnt in my opinion) turn on each other yet, and in my opinion never should. At most I see Eddie trying to 1-Up Davey a bit.

Is this feud over. No, I am certain they will have a rubber match this year (Final Battle?), but in no way should it turn into a blood feud or something similar.

Is it me or does it bother you that the main event for tonight ROH show is a tag match that includes the world champ? It does me. Maybe he will turn BUT I know they have a show tomorrow so maybe he turns on the next one.

Thanks for clearing all that up. I'm trying to get into ROH again. What was Stable warfare?

Stable Warfare was a storyline where the majority of the ROH roster formed into factions who were at each other throats. However the faction where fairly botched across the board, lacking cohesion and form. The prime example of the thing going nutty was Ruckus, Jigsaw and Jack Evans being put together as The Vulture Squad.

Gabe time and again just has refused to take the fact ROH has moved on without him with any grace. I forget who said it, but it was someone important any way...said that a booker can only go 6 years before burning out

Gabe got roughly that, and Stable warfare proved he was burning out; so how can he begrudge ROH changing gears for a bit?

If you're talking about a promotion like ROH, I think 4-years is closer to how long even the best booker could go before they burn out, and I felt Sapolsky started to splutter just past the 4-year mark; I'd say his run of really successful long-term storylines ended with the Homicide title chase and, for various reasons, it was clear that 2007 showed that Sapolsky had burned out.

So if 6 years is the burn out mark, how long has Vince been doing it?

Really dunno when the last time he booked anything was...

This may be one of the reasons the WWE switched to the 'creative team' form of doing this, though, now that I think about it. Not all of the pressure is on just one person to come up with everything, and just one member of the team burning out doesn't do as much harm as it would've if they were the only one doing it.

the hype video for Best In The World. Game me goose bumps.

Yeah, thatwrestlingshow/Alex O'Keefe does fantastic work. I'll say it again: ROH really needs to hire him at some point (though I believe he's still in high school currently.)

The ending of the match between the Wolves and Cole/O'Reilly last night seems to hint at a possible turn for Edwards--or, at the very least, a continued rivalry between the Wolves.

Yeah, thatwrestlingshow/Alex O'Keefe does fantastic work. I'll say it again: ROH really needs to hire him at some point (though I believe he's still in high school currently.)

The ending of the match between the Wolves and Cole/O'Reilly last night seems to hint at a possible turn for Edwards--or, at the very least, a continued rivalry between the Wolves.

I saw who won but what happened.

So if 6 years is the burn out mark, how long has Vince been doing it?

Vince is burned out creatively.

It's amazing the credit he gets to be honest. Things that other promotions got killed for doing he does and it gets over. The Ministry of Darkness was a success/The Dungeon of Doom was wrestlecrap. Undertaker being able to control lightning and survive burning in a casket got over/Warrior being able to disappear with mist is wrestlecrap.

If people held the WWE to the same standards they held other promotions throughout the years it would have failed along time ago.

I saw who won but what happened.

The referee called for the bell while Eddie had Kyle O'Reilly (Davey's protege, FYI) in the Achilles Lock, but the timekeeper "accidentally" dropped the hammer to ring the bell. So Eddie kept the hold on, and I believe also added some stomps to the head for good measure. Davey didn't appreciate Eddie hurting his protege "after the match", and they got into a bit of an argument before Eddie left.

It'll be a big TV taping for the debut under Sinclair; the World, Tag and TV titles will be defended that night. I'd say the odds are fairly good that at least one of those matches sees a title change.

Out of curiosity what belt(s) do you see changing hands? Because I don't see a change happening to be honest.

Davey has only just won the title, and seems like he will be the man used to show new fans what the title means and that it won't just be thrown around like titles in other companies.

El Generico is the perfect face, and will probably be used to help market the product to a young audience.

And Haas/Benjamin are the established stars that lots of people will instantly recognise.

Out of those the only change I see possible is the tag titles, but I can't see any team better than WGTT to carry them into the new era.

Out of curiosity what belt(s) do you see changing hands? Because I don't see a change happening to be honest.

El Generico is the perfect face, and will probably be used to help market the product to a young audience.

The TV Title. The first big angle of the new TV era is the TV title changing hands. Generico can get screwed out of it in some fashion, possibly with Mike Bennett getting the title as was getting a nice push before the iPPV and this gives him a fresh head of steam.

QUOTE]

If I had to choose I would say the Tag Team Titles. The only team I could see Haas and Benjamin lose to would be the All Night Express.

I don't see any of the three titles switching hands any time soon; all have changed within the last few months (2 of the 3 being within the last few weeks), and I think every champion is well-suited for a lengthy reign. I might have given some thought to WGTT losing if their status in ROH wasn't secure, but they just recently signed contracts, so I think they'll be holding onto the belts for a while yet.

But yes, if I had to pick a team to dethrone WGTT at the first set of tapings, it'd be ANX. They seem to be grooming Kenny & Rhett for a run at the top.