The SWF Discussion Thread

Anyone have any tips for handling Big Smack Scott? From how to go about disciplining him so as not to have him hate me (and not to tank the backstage atmosphere) to how to book him?

So far I've just fined him. I don't want to fire or suspend him, and I figured he'd get pissed at me no matter what, so I figured I may as well make some money off the deal. lol

Any tips would be great. I seem to be doing alright with him, but a couple backstage incidents in a short period of time got me wondering if I could be doing something better.

I do. Constantly fine his ass. And bury him in matches. Not just dominate... BURY.

If you keep fining him him, he'll eventually be humbled... he'll become pessimistic, but HE WILL BE HUMBLED. Also, bury the crap out of him.

Also, constantly comprehensively drug test him, put up the more restrictive backstage rules (no drinking, no smoking, no drug backstage, everyone must at the arena three hours prior to each event, no one can leave until the last match is done), and constantly have him lose, preferably the others burying him.

Why? Because he won't listen to nice people. Being nice to him doesn't work. You can make him a "better" guy. The only that you can make him do is BEHAVE. You have to bring down the hammer on him.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of Nothing to Lose, my Lobster Warrior/Big Smack Scott feud has more heat than the world title feud, A to B+, after this time BSS subbed himself out for Remo :cool:

Also debuted Atlas as another ally for Eisen. Should be getting him over, he's right in there with A momentum after interference in the main event (triple threat between Money, Eisen and Bruce which I was disappointed to see only get a B, think the slow build may have been a big ask in a triple threat).

I do. Constantly fine his ass. And bury him in matches. Not just dominate... BURY.

If you keep fining him him, he'll eventually be humbled... he'll become pessimistic, but HE WILL BE HUMBLED. Also, bury the crap out of him.

Also, constantly comprehensively drug test him, put up the more restrictive backstage rules (no drinking, no smoking, no drug backstage, everyone must at the arena three hours prior to each event, no one can leave until the last match is done), and constantly have him lose, preferably the others burying him.

Why? Because he won't listen to nice people. Being nice to him doesn't work. You can make him a "better" guy. The only that you can make him do is BEHAVE. You have to bring down the hammer on him.

Wait...you want me to bury him? Just checking.

I'd like some advice on booking PPVs if that's alright..:

Generally speaking, for PPVs I'll book all of the matches first, then book in hype videos just before the bigger matches, then I'll add some promos by my main eventers. So, for example, this is my set up for When Hell Freezes Over:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/981/whfo.jpg

The problem is, I've got another 17 minutes to use and have no idea what to do with it. Do I just throw in some more promos? Have the announcers put over the main events after every match? Any ideas?

I'd like some advice on booking PPVs if that's alright..:

Generally speaking, for PPVs I'll book all of the matches first, then book in hype videos just before the bigger matches, then I'll add some promos by my main eventers. So, for example, this is my set up for When Hell Freezes Over:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/981/whfo.jpg

The problem is, I've got another 17 minutes to use and have no idea what to do with it. Do I just throw in some more promos? Have the announcers put over the main events after every match? Any ideas?

Why are your angles that short in SWF? Every single angle (or at least those rated on anyone in the main event / upper midcard) HAS to be at least 6 minutes long to start getting really good ratings - which are then good for the show rating.

If the angles that you are using in the default database can't run for 6 minutes - then clone them and make the time allowed at least 6 minutes.

I thought that was changed this year..? I think angles that are six minutes long is a bit unrealistic really. Angles are never more than six minutes, bar some when major is happening. Granted, I don't time them, but I don't think many promos go over 5 minutes these days.

Holy crap. Just saw my locker room morale drop by 10% for seemingly no reason then realised it must be because I gave locker room leader two weeks off to sell the damage done to him by Khoklov, suddenly morale is affecting performances. Gonna have to bring him back and work around it, hadn't planned on using him till next month!

Holy crap. Just saw my locker room morale drop by 10% for seemingly no reason then realised it must be because I gave locker room leader two weeks off to sell the damage done to him by Khoklov, suddenly morale is affecting performances. Gonna have to bring him back and work around it, hadn't planned on using him till next month!

Can't bring people back from vacation early.

You could offer benefits until he does come back, catering, pay for travel etc. That should bump your morale up.

I thought that was changed this year..? I think angles that are six minutes long is a bit unrealistic really. Angles are never more than six minutes, bar some when major is happening. Granted, I don't time them, but I don't think many promos go over 5 minutes these days.

Those big, in-ring segments with multiple dudes interrupting each other must go longer than 6 minutes. I haven't timed them, but they have to, right? Those CM Punk head shaving things, when you include his entrance, talking, finding a person in the crowd, more talking, shaving the head, a replay of shaving the head... Gotta be more than 6 minutes.

I don't know much about the in-game mechanics. I only just got TEW2010 and have only just hit April. I tend to find with CGC (basically same product as SWF) that the shorter I make the angle, the better rating I get for it, BUT the less effect it has on the show, workers and storylines as a whole. A 3 minute angle probably gets good scores... but I'd imagine it does next to nothing to help a worker's momentum or popularity.

On PPV's I use 10 minute video packages for the top 2 or 3 matches. Part laziness. Part maximizing gains. Is it realistic? I don't know, probably not, but some things in TEW just aren't realistic.

... Or you could fire him.

That's the easy way out. I'm determined to make something of him this year. His Star Quality is just astounding, so aside form the fact that he's a locker room cancer, he can be very useful.

Mind you, I won't be able to re-sign him because of his low safety stat and owner goals...so it's probably a moot point anyway.

Wouldn't it be fun if Big Smack Scott would marry Richard Eisen's long lost daughter?

Owner Goal #1: Big Smack Scott must be kept above A grade popularity in the US.

Critical

Owner Goal #2: Big Smack Scott must be kept above A grade momentum.

Critical

:D

Owner Goal #1: Big Smack Scott must be kept above A grade popularity in the US.

Critical

Owner Goal #2: Big Smack Scott must be kept above A grade momentum.

Critical

:D

I would definitely believe that the Smacker and Richard Eisen had some sort of "thing" if those goals came through...

Hmm....14 months left on BSS's contract in my game, doubt I'll get his safety up to the needed amount even if he wrestled Enforcer Roberts every show until then. I'll probably just break the owner goal to re-sign him :cool:

Had a dilemma as Bruce the giant's contract came up and, seeing dollar signs in a face off between him and Khoklov, I straight away requested negotiations, only to pull out when I realised he was still at Cult USPW. Hopefully he turns them down and is unemployed long enough for me to bring him in when he's not annoyed with me anymore, anyone know how long that should take?

Hmm....14 months left on BSS's contract in my game, doubt I'll get his safety up to the needed amount even if he wrestled Enforcer Roberts every show until then. I'll probably just break the owner goal to re-sign him :cool:

Had a dilemma as Bruce the giant's contract came up and, seeing dollar signs in a face off between him and Khoklov, I straight away requested negotiations, only to pull out when I realised he was still at Cult USPW. Hopefully he turns them down and is unemployed long enough for me to bring him in when he's not annoyed with me anymore, anyone know how long that should take?

You know what they say. Giants never forget......no......wait.....that's elephants......... Well anyway, you get my poorly thought out joke. Let's just forget about it and move on shall we?

Must say I love the likes of Champagne Lover, DWN and so on being very conservative and so not being up for signing. Jett as well. Risque ftw. Just signed Roger Cage and Sammy the Shark and gave them pimp gimmicks. :cool:

And Gregory Black being brought into a three way feud with Sexy and Brandon, think I might have him vie for Emma's affections as well. Cause once you go Black...

Archived