Official NFL Discussion Thread

Stennick

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it's a conspiracy, right?

The NFL, so worried that Favre's shoulder might make him miss the game, conjured up a weather machine, trapping the New York Giants in Kansas City, and collapsing the roof of the Metrodome, to give Brett more time to heal! It's madness! :eek:

On the upside, someone leaked pictures of the Commish in his super-villain outfit, for when he uses said weather machine, and it's a little thunder cloud in a helmet. Adorable!

I'm miffed, to be honest, since I was gonna get a shot to see that game, and being a Giants fan in Florida, it's not an option afforded to me often. Stupid weather ruining my prime viewing habits. Darn you! *shakes fist!*

Search channel surf on your web browser. You just might be able to find the game on that site;) or any other Giant game you may want to watch in the future.

The Patriots are just so well coached.

Early in the season it looked like it might be a rebuilding season for the Pats with that defense that looked real bad right away and trading of Moss. Now 10 weeks later Moss looks done and the Pats defense is putting in dominant efforts most weeks.

Someone said earlier this year after the Moss trade that they were rebuilding this year, but man they just seem smart.

Got something for him, got Branch back for less then what they got him for. Found a nice running back. That team is dangerous and wouldn't be surprise if they win it all.

On a side not did anyone catch the Jets vs Dolphins and what that coach did?

Theres the scumbag coach

Hope he's fired just so reprehensible.

http://30fps.mocksession.com/STYLIN.gif

Desean Jackson is the Human Gif Machine.

He should be fined for doing crap like that. I hate it when people do over the top endzone celebrations. Nothing like showing the other team up.

In my opinion when you score a 91 yard go-ahead TD against a fierce division rival on the road, you can do backflips if you want.

If you don't wanna see the celebration, don't let them score.

Jackson's TD celebrations are far more tame than post-sack alpha male BS defenders do that no one complains about.

In my opinion when you score a 91 yard go-ahead TD against a fierce division rival on the road, you can do backflips if you want.

Jackson's TD celebrations are far more tame than post-sack alpha male BS defenders do that no one complains about.

Oh I am in favor of anyone that celebrates being fined. It is not necessary to celebrate after every touchdown, sack, tackle, etc. The only time I am in favor of it is when the team wins or a player hits a milestone.

I mean did you ever see Barry Sanders act like a jerk when he scored a touchdown? He just handed the ref the football and went about his business. And that is the way it should be.

I agree. I mean if you can run for 90 yards do the naked cartwheels for all I care. You deserve it.

Oh I am in favor of anyone that celebrates being fined. It is not necessary to celebrate after every touchdown, sack, tackle, etc. The only time I am in favor of it is when the team wins or a player hits a milestone.

I mean did you ever see Barry Sanders act like a jerk when he scored a touchdown? He just handed the ref the football and went about his business. And that is the way it should be.

OK Grampa...you also wanna tell us how you used to walk ten miles to school every day..in the snow..up hill both ways...?

Welcome to modern sports. If soccer players can lose their mind every time they score a goal I don't see how it's all that bad for football players to do something similar. Part of being an athlete is about bravado and confidence and sometimes that's going to lead to these kinds of moments. Is it great that guys jump to their feet after tackling a guy 15 yards downfield and pose for the cameras? No

But it's a game. An emotional. It's not surgery. They aren't passing legislature. So why would I want every player to hand the ball back to the ref and walk away like nothing happened? I want them to be passionate. I want them to care. I want them to dislike their opponent. So as far as I'm concerned, the players should be having fun and be allowed to express themselves, at least a little.

OK Grampa...you also wanna tell us how you used to walk ten miles to school every day..in the snow..up hill both ways...?

Welcome to modern sports. If soccer players can lose their mind every time they score a goal I don't see how it's all that bad for football players to do something similar. Part of being an athlete is about bravado and confidence and sometimes that's going to lead to these kinds of moments.

Lol!

As long as they don't take it too far why not? It's a big deal to score points. They bust their asses out on the field why not let them celebrate?

I can see putting fines on those who get into other peoples faces or take it too far. I just think the rules are getting out of hand. Soon they are going to turn the NFL into flag football. :eek:

Lol!

As long as they don't take it too far why not? It's a big deal to score points. They bust their asses out on the field why not let them celebrate?

I can see putting fines on those who get into other peoples faces or take it too far. I just think the rules are getting out of hand. Soon they are going to turn the NFL into flag football. :eek:

If that's about regulating the hits, I'm actually FOR that. If you listen to someone like Cris Collinsworth, he puts it best: people's LIVES are being ruined by helmet-to-helmet hits

I'm all for hard, wrap-your-arms-around-the-opponent tackles..but limiting the amount of guys who dive into hits headfirst is totally acceptable imo.

The NFL needs a more standardized way of judging the hits and assessing the fines, but I'm all for protecting the health of the players.

If that's about regulating the hits, I'm actually FOR that. If you listen to someone like Cris Collinsworth, he puts it best: people's LIVES are being ruined by helmet-to-helmet hits

I'm all for hard, wrap-your-arms-around-the-opponent tackles..but limiting the amount of guys who dive into hits headfirst is totally acceptable imo.

The NFL needs a more standardized way of judging the hits and assessing the fines, but I'm all for protecting the health of the players.

No, no. I don't mean that. I mean any little touch they call penalties. Helmet to helmet is uncalled for.

Intentionally trying to hurt someone and ruin their career is crazy.

He should be fined for doing crap like that. I hate it when people do over the top endzone celebrations. Nothing like showing the other team up.

Its fine. Cause he did it to the Cowboys.

Not actually, its fine cause they are grown men and paid professionals. Dont like it? Make a freakin tackle.

I thought it was great. Did he disrespect the Cowboys. Sure, but F it they are division rivals and are supposed to hate each other.

This morning the talking heads on the radio and tv have been unbearable whining about Jackson being over the top and disrespectful then going right into bitching about Tashard Choice asking for an autograph, complaining about it hurting competitiveness and longing for real rivalries.

Damn, be consistent, which one do you really want? Personally, give me some hatred in this supposed rivalries. I'm tired of it only mattering to the fans.

I can't complain about celebrations, since I used to cheer Strahan's sack dance. If anyone should be fined, though ... it's Newman. He's right there, Jackson isn't down ... pop him. Knock him out of bounds, hit the ball, do something!

And Favre's still doubtful for tonight. Looks like the G-Men are gonna be teeing off on Tavaris ... wait ... this just in ... apparently the game is being postponed, because Detroit has been abducted by aliens ... darn you, Goodell! :p

That is what is wrong about modern culture. It is all about poor sportsmanship. And people celebrate it! We as a culture have been conditioned to celebrate crap like this.

I would have no problem with someone intentionally trying to hurt him the next time he does his thing. You want to rub it in your opponent's face well you have to pay the piper.

That is what is awesome in Baseball, you show up the pitcher, well you best believe the next time you come up to bat you are either nearly getting hit or flat out getting hit by a fastball.

You say that the people who bust their ass and deserve to celebrate are wrong for being excited? I could see if he ran three yards and did it. Come on. Sometimes it's worth a dance.

They have the right to be excited. They do not have a right to turn that excitement into a celebration that would rival that of a Broadway dancing musical.

They have the right to be excited. They do not have a right to turn that excitement into a celebration that would rival that of a Broadway dancing musical.

Sorry but you can't win this. Is football not a sport? It's not a game of niceness. If you can get under the skin of the opposite team, why not? What does it hurt? Really see no point in telling these men who are out there for love of the game, money, and YOUR entertainment.

Sorry but you can't win this. Is football not a sport? It's not a game of niceness. If you can get under the skin of the opposite team, why not? What does it hurt? Really see no point in telling these men who are out there for love of the game, money, and YOUR entertainment.

Who is looking to win anything? I voiced my opinion, nobody agrees with me but it does not make it any less valid. And it does not make it wrong, there is no way to prove me right or wrong therefore it is a valid opinion even if it is not shared with anyone on here. I find on this board, not with you but others, that if you have a different opinion about a subject you are clearly wrong and an idiot.

It is a sport and the nature of the game means there is no niceness. And I truly do not think it is being used as a tool to get under their opponent's skin. It is being used as a way to draw attention to themselves, maybe by acting like a jerk and dancing they will get on ESPN which seems to glorify this sort of crap.