Official MLB Discussion Thread

BHK1978

Guest cmdrsam
I seldom follow baseball anymore. I am an O's fan though ( don't hold it against me). I have to agree with you on this one. Being VERY young in the 80's but old enough to understand the deal.

Well normally I dont hold anything against anybody, untill you said your an O's fan. :p

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to ask someone about what you were talking about.

Way to make me feel like a ditz you meanie. :p

Yeah they were one of the worst teams in the history of baseball (Heck they even hired a midget to play in one game, got to love Bill Veeck!) when they were in St. Louis. So they eventually moved to Baltimore, because lets face it St. Louis always has and always will be a Cards town.

Yeah they were one of the worst teams in the history of baseball (Heck they even hired a midget to play in one game, got to love Bill Veeck!) when they were in St. Louis. So they eventually moved to Baltimore, because lets face it St. Louis always has and always will be a Cards town.

Well they don't suck as the O's so that's fine with me :p

Albert's three run blast tonight had him pass Eddie Matthews with 371 home runs the most by any player in his first ten seasons in the big leagues. Pujols has a good shot at being the first player to be at 400 home runs the same year he becomes eligible for the Hall of Fame. I'm not a home run guy but thats pretty damn impressive.

Albert's three run blast tonight had him pass Eddie Matthews with 371 home runs the most by any player in his first ten seasons in the big leagues. Pujols has a good shot at being the first player to be at 400 home runs the same year he becomes eligible for the Hall of Fame. I'm not a home run guy but thats pretty damn impressive.

So...29 HRs the rest of the season? I'd say that's pretty much a lock unless he misses considerable time with injury.

He better. I don't even want to think about what it would do to this city if they let him walk.

I agree, to me there are some players that should stay with their teams for their entire career. Like Derek Jeter, I don't care if he starts to stink. He should be a Yankee for his entire career. Much like Albert should remain with the Cards.

Countdown you're from St. Louis? Ya learn somethin new every day. I'm fairly certain he stays, he's got a ton of respect for everything to do with St. Louis baseball and I think as long as he gets paid he's staying.

Not originally from St. Louis; I was born in Simi Valley, California (same city as the Weaver brothers, which is where my older brother played little league ball with Jeff.) Moved out here when I was a kid. So, I retain my Dodger loyalties, but I do like the Cardinals as well.

I definitely think Albert would like to stay; it's just a matter of are they going to be willing to pay up. I was skeptical up until recently, but I think the money they just gave to Holliday was a good sign.

Not originally from St. Louis; I was born in Simi Valley, California (same city as the Weaver brothers, which is where my older brother played little league ball with Jeff.) Moved out here when I was a kid. So, I retain my Dodger loyalties, but I do like the Cardinals as well.

I definitely think Albert would like to stay; it's just a matter of are they going to be willing to pay up. I was skeptical up until recently, but I think the money they just gave to Holliday was a good sign.

Weird for some reason I always thought you were from England.:o Not sure why but I just did.

Anyway back on topic, if they are not willing to give him the mega bucks he is going to be asking for. I think he very well could end up on a big market team like the Dodgers or the Mets. Who knows I may be way off on this but I just have a feeling.

Weird for some reason I always thought you were from England.:o Not sure why but I just did.

Anyway back on topic, if they are not willing to give him the mega bucks he is going to be asking for. I think he very well could end up on a big market team like the Dodgers or the Mets. Who knows I may be way off on this but I just have a feeling.

Well, there do seem to be a lot of people from England on these boards. Diary writers, especially, seem to skew English. Or maybe that's just my imagination.

If Albert HAS to leave, I'd certainly love to see him in Dodger blue. But given the current state of their ownership, that's probably nothing more than a pipe dream.

Well, there do seem to be a lot of people from England on these boards. Diary writers, especially, seem to skew English. Or maybe that's just my imagination.

If Albert HAS to leave, I'd certainly love to see him in Dodger blue. But given the current state of their ownership, that's probably nothing more than a pipe dream.

To me he would be the prefect fit for the Mets, if he does not stay with the Cardinals. Think of him and Wright in the same lineup...now that would be scary.

To me he would be the prefect fit for the Mets, if he does not stay with the Cardinals. Think of him and Wright in the same lineup...now that would be scary.

Cards need to make sure he stays, could u imagne how the fan base would react to him leaving????? for like the cubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest cmdrsam
Cards need to make sure he stays, could u imagne how the fan base would react to him leaving????? for like the cubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gator keep your blasphemous remarks to your self. :p

Yes it would be a sad day indeed if Prince Albert were to leave. But I dont think they want me handling the negotiating either. Ok Mr. Pujols, here is a blank check. How much do you want? And for how long?

Gator keep your blasphemous remarks to your self. :p

Yes it would be a sad day indeed if Prince Albert were to leave. But I dont think they want me handling the negotiating either. Ok Mr. Pujols, here is a blank check. How much do you want? And for how long?

Yeah well I want to get into Baseball Want to offer me a blank check?

I'm actually ashamed of my home team right now.

My cousin went to the O's opening home game. Gonzales was hit in the face with a hotdog thrown by a fan. I was like no way!!!

The dud (not a typo) has lost us 2 games in the 9in inning. I'de be willing to trade him if I was able too. :D

okay well let's look at some facts about Prince Albert

he is by far the best player in the game right now who plays everyday (I still think he could pitch :p)

A-Rod makes like 33 mill a year, and is one of ten players making 19 million and above

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/salaries/top50?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

Prince Albert isn't even in the top 25, but two of his teammates are

Personally I think Albert could be an A hole if he really wanted to be

If it wasn't for Bonds and his himroids Albert would have 2 more MVP, plus he placed 4th for the award as a rookie

He is a triple threat type of guy every year, can play 1B, 3B, LF, and RF if need be and has a glove

to me that sounds like 30 mill a year if A-Roid makes that...... NEW YORK HERE I COME

Pujols won't get an A-Rod type deal. The A-Rod deal was a deal that could have only happened with A-Rod and only in that situation. It was a bizarre circumstance, not a trend setter.

I say Pujols gets 8 years $200M with 2 option years attached.

I guess we will see what happens, because if he hits the market, no way in **** the Mets don't make a huge offer