French tutorial for TEW 2010

<p>Wrestling is more and more popular in France, and lots of fans would love TEW. But I often read things like "I didn't understand anything" from people who tried it, largely because of the language of course.</p><p> </p><p>

So I made this tutorial in French, maybe some french readers here will love it :</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://img27.xooimage.com/views/9/a/5/tew-2010-tutoriel...fran-ais-1ad9dff.pdf/" rel="external nofollow">http://img27.xooimage.com/views/9/a/5/tew-2010-tutoriel...fran-ais-1ad9dff.pdf/</a></p>

I'm french (from Quebec, Canada) and I must say that it is a really nicely put tutorial and that the syntax and grammar is really top notch.

I'm ok in english, but I see it as an interesting guide if someone is less familiar with it.

Really an excellent job.

Nice work but I'm beginning to seriously question french education because no matter what game, it's always the french (no offence intented here) that are seeking for tutorials/help in their own language. I think it's faschinating. You just don't see it happening with other countries.. Perhaps Italians are a bit same but they're the only two I constantly see asking help/tutorial/whatnot in their own language on forums.

I mean, it can't be the education's fault can it? If I understand it correctly french have a very high 'nationalism' -kinda respect towards their own language and I've heard the phrase "when in France, we speak french" used a lot. So.. ? What gives? :) Again not trying to be hostile but I just want to know how the thing is..

I went to France once and didn't speak French and got beat down! :p

Some of my in-laws are French and refuse to speak English. It's just their way. I mean they *refuse* even if they understand what you're saying. It's a bit odd in some ways I guess - they just really respect their own language.

In fact, most people don't "refuse" to speak english or other languages. But... we are not good with that, sure. I think it's partly because of the education (foreign languages are not priority), and partly because of mentality (culture is still important and prestigious in France, and we love our great writers ; maybe we have nostalgy from time where French was the international language, not English).

Maybe Internet is changing that, because more people have to read english... DVD also allow more people to see movies in english, with subtitles. But even our president, who is a former business lawyer, can't say two words in english ; not a good example...

But thanks for the comments on the tutorial. And sorry for all my mistakes in this message !

And, by the way... how many american people can speak french ?:rolleyes:

How many can even find France on a map? :p

I kid, I love you Americans.

I bet with a blank map I could name most european countries except the slavic nations which is kind of sad since I'm only the second generation born in this country from a slavic family.

I remember playing a game with a friend, while on a bus across the province. We went back-and-forth naming countries. The loser was the first one to not be able to think of one that hadn't been named. After seemingly forever, with well over 100 countries having been named, my friend drew a blank, and conceded.

Just as we finished, someone from the seat behind us (whom we'd never met) popped their head around the seats, to tell us how impressed they were. In his own words, he couldn't have gotten half that far, or possibly even a quarter.

Best bus ride, ever.

How many can even find France on a map? :p

I kid, I love you Americans.

There's a poll conducted about every two years in the USA on general knowledge. You'd be surprise how many Americans can't even say where are Canada and Mexico. At least that's how it's reported here ;)

What city is Canada in?

Some people around the world have no idea where Maine is... they just think it's either a province of Canada or it doesn't really exist. One side of my family is completely French Canadian, so if I didn't know at least some French I would have been the lame duck.

Canada is that hockey place, right? :rolleyes:

There's a poll conducted about every two years in the USA on general knowledge. You'd be surprise how many Americans can't even say where are Canada and Mexico. At least that's how it's reported here ;)

How is it though that all the Americans you meet outside of the US know all these things? It makes me wonder if there is something like a stupid majority that dont travel out of the country or if the reports are just completely exaggerated.

How is it though that all the Americans you meet outside of the US know all these things? It makes me wonder if there is something like a stupid majority that dont travel out of the country or if the reports are just completely exaggerated.

It's our public school system here in the US - it's horrible, in my opinion. Foreign history isn't a priority, foreign languages aren't a requirement for graduation, and a slew of other things that outside the US focus on that we do not.

Senior year of high school I took a British History class that was considered an elective... only about 15 students in the class (the only one of it's kind) out of 300 Junior / Senior students who could have taken it. It comes down to what the school wants to teach and what the students want to learn.

Nice work but I'm beginning to seriously question french education because no matter what game, it's always the french (no offence intented here) that are seeking for tutorials/help in their own language. I think it's faschinating. You just don't see it happening with other countries.. Perhaps Italians are a bit same but they're the only two I constantly see asking help/tutorial/whatnot in their own language on forums.

I mean, it can't be the education's fault can it? If I understand it correctly french have a very high 'nationalism' -kinda respect towards their own language and I've heard the phrase "when in France, we speak french" used a lot. So.. ? What gives? :) Again not trying to be hostile but I just want to know how the thing is..

It is the same with Germany, Italy, Russia, China, Japan and in fact any country which is mildly considered a "powerful" nation with a bit of tradition.

It's our public school system here in the US - it's horrible, in my opinion. Foreign history isn't a priority, foreign languages aren't a requirement for graduation, and a slew of other things that outside the US focus on that we do not.

Senior year of high school I took a British History class that was considered an elective... only about 15 students in the class (the only one of it's kind) out of 300 Junior / Senior students who could have taken it. It comes down to what the school wants to teach and what the students want to learn.

Wow, Foreign Language is not a requirement? Here in Florida (where I'm becoming a teacher -- Spanish, no less --) you have to take at least 2 years of a foreign language in order to graduate. What language that is is entirely up to you. But you have to take 2 of the same (i.e. I don't think you can take Spanish 1 and French 1, you'd have to take a second level in one of those for the requirement).

It must vary by state I guess (and level of class). European History was only AP when I was in school, typically for Seniors.

Wow, Foreign Language is not a requirement? Here in Florida (where I'm becoming a teacher -- Spanish, no less --) you have to take at least 2 years of a foreign language in order to graduate. What language that is is entirely up to you. But you have to take 2 of the same (i.e. I don't think you can take Spanish 1 and French 1, you'd have to take a second level in one of those for the requirement).

It must vary by state I guess (and level of class). European History was only AP when I was in school, typically for Seniors.

At my high school here in Maine and other surrounding schools (friends I knew and talked to) it wasn't a requirement to graduate. I took two years of French because it's a requirement for most Colleges and Universities.

It definitely varies state to state. Perhaps that is what the course was and I was just too brain dead to notice... I doubt I would have signed up for an AP course. I was always an underachiever and have no problems admitting it. :p

Archived